Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 06:30 AM   #151  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Don't know how often i will be able to get in over the weekend. I am going out to see Jakarta tomorrow and won't be back in the office until Monday. so if I don't see ya - have a good weekend.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:35 AM   #152  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Have a good weekend yourself, Ms. Shad. Hershey sends her love.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:12 AM   #153  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I have an early morning meeting so I don't have time to post here right now. Just browsing through. Will try to get back later.

Have fun seeing Jakarta Shad. Be careful and find they enjoyable bits.

Later chicks
Old 07-18-2008, 07:48 AM   #154  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Happy Friday! TGIF!!

Rennie - I'm glad to hear that Bella is doing a bit better. Dogs always seem to like boiled chicken breasts. We've had to resort to that when ours wouldn't eat. And if she's not drinking much water....perhaps try some of the water you boil the chicken in so it has a bit of flavor.

Shad - So cool that you're learning (and teaching us) Indonesian! An hour to drive 15kms? Sheesh that sounds like traffic in the San Francisco Bay Area. I hope you have a wonderful weekend touring Jakarta!

Ruth - I hope you have a great weekend too. What did the vet say about Hershey's fur loss?

Happy - I hope your meeting goes well and that you have a great Friday!

A big to Mel, Annie, Ceejay, Carla, Patty and everyone else!

Love and hugs,
Old 07-18-2008, 10:00 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Popping in to say hello No news is good news.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #156  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD...HAVE A GREAT TIME SIGHT SEEING!! COME BACK AND TELL US ALL ABOUT IT!!!

HAPPY...SORRY ABOUT THE ACHY BODY. HOPE YOU FIND A "CURE" SOON TO EASE THE PAIN! TELL THE CAT TO MOVE OVER AND MAKE ROOM FOR YOU!! HOT STUFF

RUTH...ENJOY THE COMAPANY AND THE CHAOS...IT WILL ALL SOON BE OVER!!

MICHELLE...NICE IDEA FOR THE OFFICE TO HAVE THE HUNT!! LOOK HOW MUCH HEALTHIER YOU ARE

CEEJAY..WAVING BACKI AT YA

RENNIE....GLAD THE DOGGIE IS FEELING BETTER.

TO ANNIE AND OUR MISSING CHICKS!!!

HOT AS HADES OUT THERE SOMEONE POICKED UP SOME STUFF FOR ME AND THE LITTLE STORE SHOULD BE DELIVERING SOON. I STAYED INDOORS AND MENACED THE MAINTENANCE DEPT IN MY VACATIONING BOSS'S STEAD THEY LOVE ME!!
NOTHING NEW. GOING TO BE AN INDOORS WEEKEND TOO. TOO MUCH CRAP OUT THERE. REMEMBER THE GENT FROM INDIA WITH THE CRUSH?? WELL HE IS BACK AND I SPENT THE BETTER PART OF THE DAY AVOIDING HIM!!!
HAPPY FRIDAY AND Selamat pagi TO YOU TOO KAURANGI!!
ADIOS MI AMIGAS
Old 07-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #157  
Happy September

A LITTLE BEATLES FOR OUR WEEKEND..............

Asked a girl what she wanted to be
She said baby, can't you see
I wanna be famous, a star on the screen
But you can do something in between

Baby you can drive my car
Yes I'm gonna be a star
And maybe I'll love you

I told that girl that my prospects were good
And she said baby, it's understood
Working for peanuts is all very fine
But I can show you a better time

Yes I'm gonna be a star
And maybe I'll love you

Beep beep'm beep beep yeah

Yes I'm gonna be a star
And maybe I'll love you

I told that girl I can start right away
When she said listen babe I got something to say
I got no car and it's breaking my heart
But I found a driver and that's a start

Yes I'm gonna be a star
And maybe I'll love you

Old 07-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #158  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey Girly Girls.....thought I would check in a few minutes before I check out of work. TGIF for sure. Gonna rest up this weekend. Only thing on the agenda is taking Hella Bella to the vet for her shots. Oh she is gonna love that. It's a new vet too, since we moved last year. Won't they be excited to get a devil dog.

I have one cucumber and on jalapeno ready for picking out of my garden and many large green tomatos, if I get a hankering fry some up.

Everyone have a marvelous weekend.

Love and Hugs
Old 07-18-2008, 04:50 PM   #159  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone - A quick check in from me before I leave work. My back is a bit stiff...I'm thinking I overdid it a little at the gym last night. It's not so sore that it'll keep me from enjoying the weekend! Yay!

Annie - enjoy your garden veggies, and I hope Hella Bella does okay with her shots.

Mel - Try and stay indoors and stay cool in the hot muggy weather.

to everyone else - I hope you're enjoying your Friday (and for Shad - your sightseeing weekend!).

Love and hugs
Old 07-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #160  

Ha,
Found that I have a complimentary 24 hour internet service here. I'm supposed to have a free one according to one of the people here, but I haven't yet found the internet pop up that I am supposed to get. So maybe you will hear from me over the weekend.

Pieter - the HR guy from South Africa and I have booked a driver and printed out a list of things to do and see in JK. So we will mark the first choice things and maybe get to 5 or 6 of them (out of 25). I'll let you know what happens. Our driver is from the company. And I feel a bit guilty about taking him away from his family for the day, but he seems happy enough. They all seem happy enough, but it is very hard to gauge what they are thinking and how they are feeling. Maybe, maybe not. I'm taking my phrase book with me and Pieter is really good on languages. He's better than me at picking up the pronounciation etc.

Anyway, lets hope that you have a really good weekend. Ruth, I read the 'Beach' section, sounds like you have a lot of things in front of you. Tell Hershey that I want to see a magnificent tail again next time I come back. No grey dull and lifeless bits. I used to put a raw egg in Shads dinner and that seemed to help his coat as well, along with scads of veges etc.

Mel - how do you hide a wheelchair in the closet or where ever? Happy hiding from the Indian folks.

Michelle, Annie, Ceejay - have a great weekend. Don't do anything I wouldn't.

Happy - hope things slow down a bit for you soon. Too much work and not enough down time isn't good for your health.

And with that I'd better go and get dressed. Breakfast calls and then our BIG Day out.

See ya
Old 07-19-2008, 07:29 AM   #161  
Happy September

ANNIE...REST UP GIRL AND HOP[E YOU HAVE A PAIN-FREE WEEKEND! GOOD LUCK WITH HELLA BELLA!!

MICHELLE....A COOL WEEKEND TO YOU AS WELL! TAKE CARE OF THAT BACK...HOW WILL YOU EXERCISE FOR US IF YOU'RE IN PAIN!!

SHAD....SOUNDS LIKE YOU AND PIETER HAVE THE WEEKEND IN HAND. WOULD I EXPECT ANY LESS?? GLAD THE DRIVER COULD BE SO ACCOMODATING. MAYBE HE NEEDS/LIKES THE EXTRA MONEY FOR HIS FAMILY. EITHER WAY, ENJOY! HOPE YOU FIND THE INTERNET FREEBIE BUTTON!!

GOT UP EARLY AND FOUND AT 6 AM IT WAS 80 DEGREES ALREADY. MY THEORY WAS TO WASH MY HAIR AND GO OUT IN THE BACKYARD WITH BREAKFAST BAR BEFORE THE ACCT ARRIVES BUT NO DICE....HE SHOULD BE HERE SOON. NOTHING NEW HERE. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.
HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY =========

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-19-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #162  

Jeez woman, change the comment under your name will ya??? I don't wanna know about Christmas for at least another 18 months.

Well we have been and come back from around JK. I'm so pleased I don't drive here. People hooting and tooting and sirens and all - supposed to be 3 lane highways and they turn them into 5. I thought France was stupid enough on the roads, but this place has them beat.
Anyway, we went to the National Monument which is huge and has an interesting museum under it. Took the elevator up to the top. The elevator driver was suffering from a hangover by the look of it. He certainly didn't want to be at work anyway. Then we went to the Mosque. It is the biggest mosque in SE Asia and the Pacific and will hold up to 250,000 people at a time. We had to take our shoes off and get dressed in djellabahs but at least we didn't have to take the veil!!!!
Then we went to the Old town and had lunch. Interesting architecture and we had lunch at the cafe batavia. Apparently this is where the top brass went in the days of the old Dutch East Indies and there are photos everwhere of Katherine Hepburn, Alan Dale, Churchill, etc and some more recent ones of Clint Eastwood and Elton John. etc. Quite an interesting experience going to the loo and being faced with a picture of nude bodies on the beach - however tasteful some of them might be. You don't expect that in Indonesia.
Then we went to a museum of puppets. The guide there was very good and knowledgeable and he was telling us that the family history of puppeteering goes back 500 years. We were having a really good time until he started pestering for a tip. That sort of took the edge off things somewhat. Finally we went to the Sunda Kelapa which is a historic trading post from the 16th century and apparently has a fish market. Well as far as I am concerned it was a dirty, rundown, not very nice area of town and I don't want to go back there. How the other half lives isn't even in the running. Yuk.

So then we made it back to the hotel through crowded streets and hawkers. They jump through the traffic trying to sell you anything from Indonesian flags to dirty magazines. You wouldn't touch the food with the end of a barge pole either.
Despite all that I did enjoy the day. It would be nice to do some shopping in a mall somewhere, but I might just have to get a cab one night and go to the nearest one and see whats there. We missed the Orchard garden, which I did want to see, but I will be back again at another time and I'll try for it then.

Meantime have a good Saturday. I'm about to call mine quits and go to bed with a book. Tomorrow, I'm going swimming in the pool and generally not doing much else at all. Don't know if the shops are open or not. But I guess I'll find something to do.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Will be leaving at 10. 30 a.m. so this will be short. Driving to my uncles for the rest of the week end.

Have a safe week end.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #164  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Saturday ladies,

Well with new meds comes side effects. And trying to figure out what's causing what has been fun. This week I am dealing with extreme vertigo (not a side effect but probably sinus related) so bad that at times it makes me stumble and be nauseated. I am also having random pains, am more tired than usual, and was woken up not once but twice last night with excruiating charlie horses - one in each leg (probably a side effects). I had a little more sugar yesterday than normal - not in the traditional sweets way but through simple carbs and I felt crummy all afternoon. People say if you have too much sugar you pay for it but what exactly does that mean? More time out in the potty? Seems like this glucophage acts a bit as a dieuretic (sp?) as well as Intestinal Draino (sorry if TMI). It's like a big cause and effect puzzle to put together and it is a bit maddening. I read an article yesterday about the meds we are taking - so many of them have tons of side effects - more than before and I have always been of the mindset that if the side effects give me more issues than the original problem, to heck with that medicine They suggest not taking more than 3 medications at a time. Right now I have thyroid pills, Celebrex and the Glucophage. I have had to break down and take an occasional pain pill but I'm trying hard not to. So that's kind of my focus at the moment - getting things straightened out. I've pretty much gotten rid of last week's bloat on the scale but no dramatic weight loss at the moment - I'm just glad to be back down the few pounds I was 3 weeks ago and we'll go from there. I am being more dedicated to planning and logging and sticking to my WW points. Lots of things to do this weekend, a lot of odds and ends kind of stuff like wash the car and finish planting flowers, maybe some weeding and closet clean outs. Still hot and dry here with no rain in sight.

Ceejay - have a good visit and a safe trip.

Shad- there are bits and pieces of your trip that sounded interesting but for the most part, it made me glad to just have to commute 10 miles to work and back Certainly not as interesting for you as roaming the Irish countryside or the wilds of Canada, eh? But at least you got out of the office and the apartment. How long is your stay?

Mel - wash your hair but don't comb it through - just let it dry all sticking this way and that - kinda like that Nick Nolte famous mug shot. That should scare off the accountant that has the hots for you Keep your cool my friend, stay out of the hot sun and muggy, not good for the lungs polluted air. Mel you had me singing the Beatles all afternoon In the morning we were talking about the new movie Momma Mia so we were all doing snippets of Abba songs.

Michelle- hope you worked the kinks out of your back. I see that Forbes magazine named your town as one of the top 5 for young professionals. Lots of big companies up your way which I wasn't aware of. Has the job market picked up? Not sure if Chicago got any new companies - when I left many of them were exiting the city or were bought out by other companies that shut down operations there and moved them to cheaper places in the country.

Hoping the "Bella Sisters" Annie and Shy have a good weekend with their respective pups

Shy I will ALWAYS take the stairs if I have the option too. No matter how high up (which is why I always visit people and doctors in low height buildings )

The day is flying by, better get my keester in gear. Hello to the rest of the chicks enjoy your weekend.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #165  
Happy September

Just felt like doing this

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-19-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Closed Thread