Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 07:27 AM   #181  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

alaikumsalam...YES SHAD...PEACE BE ON YOU ALSO AND YOUR BELLY! GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE BACK TO RIGHTS. THAT WAS FAST! STAY WELL LIL' SIS. MAYBE THE POOR SA BLOKE HAD DELHI BELLY AS WELL...OR MAYBE HE JUST CANNOT KEEP UP WITH YOUR PACE! BE CAREFUL WITH THE SECRET SERVICE....I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO GO TO A STEAMY COUNTRY AND TRY AND BAIL YOU OUT. IT'S HOT ENOUGH RIGHT HERE

HAPPY~ Ahhhhh...THE OLD CURSOR STARE. I FIND THAT HAPPENING A LOT LATELY HOPE YOU GOT THE CLOSET SORTED OUT. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A LOT OF FLYLADY STUFF GOING ON DOWN THERE. FUNNY THING IS I GOT AN EMAIL REMINDER FROM HER TO DO THE FLING IN THE CAR...SO I DID MY WHEELCHAIR BAGS. SHOULD HAVE SENT THEM TO YOU TO BE POLISHED!
GOOD LUCK TOO WITH THE JOURNALING.

POOR MRS MADCAT.....MUST HAVE BEEN A SEASONAL CULTURE SHOCK WHEN THE PAGE LOADED OMG...TOO FUNNY!! HOPE YOU DIDN'T FALL OFF THE CHAIR! GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE!

CEEJAY...NO NOT BALAWELCOME BACK AND STAY COOL!

PATTI...GLAD TO HEAR BLACKIE IS BACK TO HIS OLD SELF!

GOOD MORNING CHICKS. HAD A CHAT WITH THE ACCT ABOUT HIS ON AGAIN/OFF AGAIN PLANS WHEN HE COMES HERE. SEEMS HE HAS TOO MANY IRONS IN THE FIRE RIGHT NOW AND IS OPENING HIS OWN OFFICE TO STRIKE OUT ON HIS OWN. I COULD SEE HE WAS TERRIBLY UPSET THAT HE WAS PUTTING ME OUT SO WE ARE GOING TO TRY AND HAVE BETTER COMMUNICATION. WHILE WE WERE TALKING, I STARTED THINKING OF A BETTER PLAN FOR MYSELF. THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO DOING SOME THINGS DURING THE WEEKDAYS WHILE THE OFFICE IS OPEN. ONE OF THEM BEING LESS PEOPLE AT THE DOOR INTERRUPTING ME IN THE LOO!!!!!!!!
THEN THE WEEKEND COULD REALLY BE A WEEKEND. THE ACCTS COMING AND GOING WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM THEN. GOING TO TRY IT THIS WEEK.
OK CHICKS...THAT'S ALL. GOTTA GET DRESSED AND MAKE REPORTS FOR THE WEEKEND.
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY! :mpoed:

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-21-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #182  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Happy Monday already. I am down 5.5 pounds for the week so I have to say that the medicines are helping. No miracle drug, not without their own issues but enough to help the innards work a bit more efficiently. I have long suspected problems with glucose/insulin resistance and have talked them over with my doctor for about 4 years now and of course they forgot to listen / and or care about what I was saying up until now. Of course I still have to do the work with food and exercise which is to be expected but I need to see some results, tiny as they might be in order to stay motivated.

I continued on my little bit 'o this, little bit o' that yesterday. But instead of feeling a sense of accomplishment, seems like I just made a mess instead But I did check some things off the list.

It's getting summer hot here. 100 degrees yesterday and today. It was already stiffling outside at 7am. Ugh. Seems to affect the sleep too. I've been waking up about 30 minutes before the alarm lately which is frustrating, when you're only getting about 6 hours, I kind of want every little drop I can get.

Mel - I don't know why but I thought it was so funny when I said I cleaned my car and you said you followed along and cleaned your chair bags Guess that's your "car" isn't it? Glad you cleaned up too. Always nice to tidy up. I think it's high time that you started telling people that you will support them on YOUR schedule. You should have had your fill by now of waiting on them. Do what works for you. Hope the weather has cooled off and you can get outside more.

Patty - glad Blackie is doing well again.

Ceejay - thank you for the suggestion on the potassium. I never thought about the dieuretic properties but you have a good point there. I think I might have some potassium pills but if now, I'll go eat a bananna. It is hot now, isn't it? Are you in an airconditioned office at the plant or is it hot out on the floor?

Shad - unfortunately if this were a fair world, a trip on the loo would be worth a few pounds down to say the least, but it never seems to work that way. You had me cracking up with the secret squirrels and you discovering their fake test ids I think those are the hokiest people in the entire corporate environment. So bizarre in many ways, so little help in others. Good luck with them.

Madcat - nice of you to stop by. So you've been buried in a new project? Mel tried hard to control it but that Christmas thing just eeked out of her and spilled on to our thread. What can you say? Hope you catch a break so you can enjoy a little of summer.

Better post now and see if anyone else showed up here.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:33 AM   #183  
Happy September

CONGRATULATIONS!!
HAPPY I AM SO GLAD TO SEE YOUR NEW POST!! WAY TO GO!! GLAD THE SCALE MOVED FOR YOU!! WHAT GREAT MOTIVATION! ENJOY THAT FEELING ALL DAY!!
WHEN I FIRST JOINED FLYLADY MANY YRS AGO WHEN WE WERE ALL ON THE JOURNALS, I MADE MY WHEELS MY CAR. I KEPT TRYING TO MAKE HER FORMAT FIT MY LIFE

I CAME BACK TO TELL A STORY OF THE GS~ SOMETHING FELL IN THE LIVINGROOM DURING THE NIGHT. HE MUST HAVE HAD A FRIGHT ATTACK AND FELL OFF HIS STAND. WHEN I CAME OUT OF THE BEDROOM IT WAS BY CHANCE I TURNED AROUND TO LOOK AT HIM BUT THERE HE WAS ON THE FLOOR WADDLING AROUND WITH HIS FEATHERS ALL ASKEW. POOR SOD MUST HAVE SPENT THE NIGHT OF THE FLOOR SCARED OUT OF HIS LITTLE WITS. HE GAVE ME A KISS THOUGH BUT WANTED TO SIT ON MY HEAD. PROBABLY AFRAID TO BE LEFT ALONE AGAIN.
I TRIED TO SMOOTH HIM DOWN SOME BUT SOME FEATHERS ARE BROKE. FROM HIS FRIGHT FLIGHT. THEY DO THAT....BASH THEMSELVES ALL OVER THE PLACE IN THE DARK....EVEN THOUGH HE HAS A NIGHT LIGHT HIS VISION IS NOT ALL THAT GREAT. THERE WERE FEATHERS ALL OVER THE PLACE. YOU'D HAVE THOUGHT HE WAS BALD BY THE AMOUNT. NOW HE IS SLEEPING THE ENTIRE MORNING!! MAKES ME WONDER IF HE SLEPT AT ALL LAST NIGHT OR JUST KEPT WANDERING AROUND!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #184  

Wrote - and lost - a long newsy post, and now there's no time to start over. Grrrr. Couldn't Go Advanced, gave up on it and tried to post quick reply, and ended up locked out. Next time will learn to copy before posting.

Hello to all. Especially Happy, Mel, and Shad who all had long personals in the lost post.

And now back to work. Will try again later!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #185  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies --

Okay...I can see that I'm several days and pages behind. So here goes catching up. DH, DMIL and I had a fun weekend. Went to a nearby county fair Friday night, went to a festival Saturday night and went for a beautiful drive along lake Michigan on Sunday. This week, DH and I are taking Thursday and Friday off to have a 4 day weekend with DMIL. It's her last weekend here (She leaves on 8/1 in the early a.m.), and it's also her birthday weekend. We're going to our County Fair on Tuesday night and also on Saturday. We'll probably go fishing on Thursday and Friday and to a Fish Fry on Friday night. And maybe more fishing or just relaxing on Sunday.

BTW, no more talk about Christmas unless you are ALL willing to come shovel my driveway all winter!

Shad - It's so cool that you have the opportunity to experience other cultures. I've never been in a mosque, but the one you went in sounds quite grand. Seems like you had a very interesting day of sightseeing. I'm glad you got over your delhi belly. Good for you for working out so much.

Happy - Big congratulations on losing so much weight! That's awesome! I wouldn't call the results you are seeing "tiny". that weight loss is wonderful! So sorry that your new meds are giving you side effects. I hope you're are feeling better. I also hope my blood test that I had on Saturday comes back okay so I don't have to go on glucophage or any other meds. The side effects do not sound fun. Can you take potassium for your leg cramps? Or eat bananas? Our job market is pretty good here. And the greater Milwaukee area is becoming nicer and more vibrant. I don't know about any other new companies in Chicago...but Miller-Coors is moving their headquarters to Chicago. They say they wanted a neutral facility (not in Milwaukee or Golden Colorado). The brewery will still remain in Milwaukee though. Good for you for being so productive this weekend. I'm not going to be productive until after DMIL leaves...just want to spend time enjoying her company.

Patty - I'm SO glad that Blackie is doing much better! Yay! Lots of love and hugs to you both.

Madcat - Great to hear from you!

Mel - I thought you were going to cut back on the time you spent helping the office. Something about doctor's orders to take it easy and take care of yourself? I'm sorry to hear about GS's fright. I hope he's calming down some.

Carla - Sorry your post got lost. I hope you're doing well!

Love and hugs to all!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #186  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday Ladies............

What a great weekend....no pain!!!! Worked in my yard, garden and house both days and made lots of progress. Got 6 cucumbers, 2 banana peppers and a jalapeno out of the garden. Fried me up two green tomatos, what a treat. Dang yummy too. Grass seeded for the 3rd time in 2 mos. was wondering where the heck my grass seed kept dissappearing. Low and behold, I look out the back door and there are a trillion birds in my yard eating the seed. I let Hella Bella out, but it was too late. They ate every stinking seed. Furious I tell you. Wish my son was home, he would of taken care of them. hehehe

Hella Bella did just fine at the vet, she only snarled once the second time he went to put the muzzle on her. Said she is healthy as a horse or dog I guess. No heart worms, no junk in her poopie either. Got all her shots and he even clipped her nails for me. I did purchase some tranquilizer tablets for her so I can get her groomed. He said it won't knock her out however SHOULD calm her quite a bit. I hope it works, she looks like a rag muffin. Unruly puppy.

Shad...JK driving sounds like the driving in the Bahamas, our taxi driver told us driving in the Bahamas is just like being in the Army..."Be all you can be"..I about LMAO.

Happy...sometimes the side effects of drugs are worse than the problem itself. Vertigo sucks cause there isn't much you can do about that. Congrats on the 5.5 lb loss.

Patty...Hoorah...Blackie is better, prayers do work, even on animals. ;^)

Michelle...could of used some of that watermelon lemonade on the weekend, it sure was a hot one working out in the yard/garden. Could you bring some by next time??

Michelle...Oh I love the fair. The town we used to live in is having their fair right now. It is pretty cool since it is out in the sticks, there is no entrance fee and free parking. Unlike the Marion County (Indianapolis) fair, you have to pay to park and get in the fair.

Well, lunch half hour is about up and I am busier than snot today.

Hello to everyone.....

Love and Hugs
Old 07-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #187  
Happy September

Default Perfect recipe for those long cold Winter nights

MARTHA STEWART'S CHICKEN PICATA

A swirl of butter in the white-wine sauce gives it a creamy consistency.

Prep: 35 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
Serves 4

Ingredients:

Coarse salt and ground pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces linguine
3 packed cups loose baby spinach (about 5 ounces), torn into pieces
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
Directions
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Season cutlets with salt and pepper, then dip into flour, turning to coat; shake off excess.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add half the chicken; cook until lightly browned and opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tablespoon oil and chicken (reserve skillet for sauce).
Meanwhile, cook linguine in boiling water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Add spinach, and stir until submerged. Drain pasta mixture and return to pot. Toss with 1 tablespoon butter; season generously with salt and pepper. Add some reserved pasta water if necessary. Cover to keep warm.
Into skillet, pour wine and lemon juice. Cook over medium-high, stirring to loosen browned bits, until liquid has reduced to 1/3 cup, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat; swirl in 2 remaining tablespoons butter until melted. (For a smoother sauce, strain through a fine-mesh sieve, if desired.) Add capers, and season with salt and pepper. Divide chicken and linguine among four serving plates; top chicken with sauce.

ANNIE...I HAD A LAUGH...I WATCHED PART OF THE MOVIE FRIED GREEN TOMATOES WHERE THEY ARE EATING THEM IN THE NURSING HOME. I WAS THINKING I HAVE NEVER HAD THEM AND MUST BE MISSING A REAL YUMMY TREAT!! SAVE ME SOME!! SO GLAD THE WEEKEND WAS GOOD AND YOU ARE PAIN FREE! CONGRATULATIONS!!
EVEN THOUGH YOU SAID "MICHELLE" I WILL STILL BRING A PITCHER OF THE LEMONADE OUT SO I CAN WATCH YOU IN THE GARDEN FROM UNDER A TREE!!

MICHELLE...I WILL BOLT THE PLOW ONTO THE FROM OF MY TONKA TOY WHEELCHAIR AND BE RIGHT OUT TO SHOVEL YOU OUT SHOULD MY WISHES COME TRUE AND A FEW FLAKES FALL....SO FAR THE ONLY FLAKE I AM WORRIED ABOUT FALLING IS ME...OUT OF MY CHAIR
YOUR PLANS SOUND SO GREAT THAT MAYBE I MIGHT MOVE IN WHEN THE DMIL MOVES OUT!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-21-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #188  
Happy September

CARLA....I CAN READ YOUR MIND. NO MIND THE LONG AND NEWSY POST GOT LOST...WE CAN JUST IMAGINE WHAT YOU WERE SAYING
Old 07-21-2008, 02:02 PM   #189  
Happy September

SHAD.....I WAS WONDERING IF YOU EVER ATE THIS BRAND. I WAS BROWSING A 3FC AD AND FOUND A WEBSITE THAT SELlS IT. JUST INQUIRING...

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-21-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: can't spell worth a lick
Old 07-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #190  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie -- I've got a quick question for ya'. There's a slim chance my DH and I will be going to Indy for the drag races over labor day weekend. Is there a good dog boarding or day care near there? Since we can't leave the doggies in the hotel unattended? I found one called For the Dogs in Zionsville that looked pretty good. Otherwise, we can board them at a place up here.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
That's an impressive weight loss. You go girl.
Yes the control room has air conditioning. I hate going outside

to every one else hello

Not much going on. My boss is having me add some 50 pages for part of the water loss report.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:52 PM   #192  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy - congratulations for the weight loss. Way to go girlfriend!!!

Mel - not only have I never eaten it, I have never seen it!!!!

Don't have time for much at the moment. I'm sitting in on a secret squirrel training session - much to their dismay I'm sure, but that's life.

Soon I go to see the accountant consultant - that will be of further excitement. You can see I am feeling a bit bored this morning. Only 2.5 days and I am out of here for an entire week. Yahoo.

Gotta go. Be back later to comment further.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:27 AM   #193  
Happy September

TO HAPPY...I THINK I HEAR HER SNEAKING IN HERE!!

TO CEEJAY! 50 PAGES

TO SHADDIE WHO IS IN DISGUISE AS A SECRET SERVICE PERSON

ON MY WAY OUT. BE BACK MANANA. ALL IS WELL HERE. ARM IS SO SO. BIRD IS HAPPY.
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #194  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Back at yah Mel.

and to the others

I had a hard time getting on the site this morning and burned up what would have been my posting time dealing with slow responce and page not founds - so now I have to get rolling.

Little more than a wave and I'll get back on tonight. Have a good one. Stay cool. We are with temps in the 100's with high humidity. Life in the jungle. These are supposed to be Shad's temps
Old 07-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #195  
Happy September

Rigatoni with Grilled Peppers and Onions
COURTESY OF REAL SIMPLE.COM

2 medium red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
2 large red bell peppers, cut into quarters
1 tablespoon olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper
12 ounces (4 to 5 cups) rigatoni
1 bunch spinach, stems trimmed, or one 5-ounce package
1 cup (about 3 1/2 ounces) grated Parmesan
3/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced

Bring a large pot of water to a boil.

Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.

In a large bowl, toss the onions, bell peppers, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.

Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return the pasta to the pot. Add the grilled vegetables, spinach, the reserved pasta water, and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan to the pasta and toss to combine. Top with the basil and the remaining Parmesan before serving.

Yield: Makes 4 servings

NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 514(23% from fat); FAT 13g (sat 5g); CHOLESTEROL 20mg; CARBOHYDRATE 75g; SODIUM 778mg; PROTEIN 26g; FIBER 6g; SUGAR 9g
Closed Thread