Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #16  

Hey Worldly Chicks...thanks so much for the birthday wishes....I just got back from my mini vacation. Took my mom and sis on a weekend away, went to some gardens and met up with old friends.... very fun. I spent the rest of the week in the Flathead Valley enjoying my family and friends. My sis is having some episodes and it seems as it might be angina attacks....she sort of is experiencing the silent kind.... she gets them at resting times..... any body have any knowledge about that sort of condition?
You are all the very best and I will need time to catch up on everyone's comings and goings.......
Blessings,
Nae
Old 07-02-2008, 12:38 AM   #17  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELODY525 View Post
SHAD I WILL TAKE YOU UP ON THE CHALLENGE AS SOON AS YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH IS 2 KILOS? I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE IN MARIJUANA BUT NOT IN BODY FAT
Darn it Mel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost peed the seat

The next time we have a health fair at work I'm going to make that suggestion to the nurse. Instead of the ugly plastic blob of body fat they have on the table, they will probably get a LOT more attention if they compare it to a compacted brick of 2 kilos of pot

And inquiring minds want to know how you KNOW what that looks like in the first place

Last edited by happy2bme; 07-02-2008 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:04 AM   #18  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Do you really want to know the answer to that one????
Old 07-02-2008, 02:18 AM   #19  
Choose your hard

... only if you have a part in this too
Old 07-02-2008, 08:09 AM   #20  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY...HOPE THE HEALTH INSPECTION AND REPORT WENT WELL!

SHAD...DON'T STRESS TOO MUCH. IMAGINE THAT THE OTHERS AREN'T DOING IT ANY FASTER(IF NOT A LOT SLOWER) THAN YOU ARE!!!!

HAPPY...I THINK I LEARNED ALL ABOUT 2 KILOS ON HOME AND GARDEN TELEVISION
THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!
I THINK IT WOULD GET MORE ATTENTION THAN THAT BLOB OF YELLOW PLASTIC TOO!!

GOOD MORNING CHICKS, I ALREADY HAVE A LOAD IN THE WASHER AND IT NEEDS TO HOP IN THE DRYER...WISH IT WOULD DO IT ALL BY ITSELF!! I LOVE EARLY MORNINGS AND NO ONE IS IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM. WONDER WHY I DON'T DO THIS MORE OFTEN LAST NIGHT I REALIZED I WAS OUT TOO LONG YESTERDAY. NOT GOING TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE TODAY. RICHIE IS COMING TO GET SHAD'S BED. THE LITTLE ONES, NOW THAT THE BOY ARRIVED, ARE HAVING A "MELTDOWN" OVER THE GRANDMOTHER'S DEATH IN FEBRUARY. SO EVERYONE IS SLEEPING TOGETHER....GIRLS ROOM AND A BOYS ROOM. WE'RE WAITING TO SEE IF PROFESSIONAL HELP IS NEEDED. BUT I FEEL THEY CAN HANDLE IT IF IT'S DONE RIGHT. THE GIRL IM'S ME ON A REGULAR BASIS. SHE NEEDS A PORT IN THE STORM.
I AM OFF TO GET THE DRYER OF MY CHOICE AND BREAKFAST. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

MADCAT... IT WAS GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE AND CONGRATS ON THE WW AND WEIGHT LOSS! DID YOU AND MR. MADCAT HAVE A CELEBRATORY CANADA DAY???? DRINKS ON THE BALCONY?

NAE...GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE AS WELL.GLAD YOU HAD A VACATION WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS. VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ANGINA. I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE WORKINGS OF THAT. HOPE SHE FINDS SOME GOOD HELP WITH IT. KEEPS US POSTED!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-02-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #21  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

It's trash day and I used the time I would have spent posting here instead gathering things together to make DH go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth again.

So I will have to try and get on at lunch time for individual posts.

Another day closer to a long weekend. Today is Michelle's Friday. Isn't she excited, I am for her

Ok, gotta go, have a good one chicks...
Old 07-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #22  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies -

Today is my Friday....last day before a 4 day weekend. I went home last night and mowed the lawns and gardened for a couple hours. I'm going to the gym tonight for cardio, and tomorrow I'll do cardio and weights.

It's a super busy day at work - trying to get 3 days of worked crammed into 1 day. Oh well...I can only do what I can do.

Mel - I hope it's not as hot today for you and that breathing is easier. Take good care of yourself, especially on the oppressively hot days.

Shad - I totally understand about the more you do, the more you have to do. My boss just gave me several new projects and I haven't finished those that I have been working on. I will concentrate on food and getting to the gym more - both should help me lose the 2kg. Hopefully your body pump instructor will improve with time, or you'll get a new and better one.

Annie - It was nice walking with you. I hope you didn't mind that my co-worker came along. Are you walking at lunch today? I hope so as all my co-workers have plans and it's more fun to walk with someone, so I'll walk with you.

Nae - I'm glad you had a nice vacation with your mom and sis and your friends. I hope your sister feels better. Has she seen a doctor about the attacks?

Happy - I'm VERY excited to have a long weekend. No firm plans yet...we're just going to play it by ear...I'm sure we'll catch a parade, fireworks and get some fishing in. Only 7 hours left to go.

Take care everyone!

Love and hugs,
Old 07-02-2008, 01:28 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Just popping in to say hello. I may not be here tomorrow as I have two doctor's appointments in Jonesboro. One called and changed the appointment for 3 p.m. to 10.15 a.m. I want get to sleep in to much in the morning. sigh.

My goal this morning was no snacks between breakfast and lunch. Yipee, I did it, but it sure was hard.

The plant produced 2.1 million gallons of water yesterday. My exercise yesterday was getting up and down to monitor the gauges. The plant ran 17.9 hours. I'm used to the 14 to 15 hours this time of the year.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #24  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Congrats Ceejay on meeting your no snacking goal! Do you mean you worked 17.9 hours yesterday? Sheesh! I hope you get a long holiday weekend at least.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:22 PM   #25  

Michelle
No, I only worked 12 of those hours which is a normal day for me. I'm just not used to the plant opereating this long.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:29 PM   #26  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm up for a 2 kilo challenge. That's about five pounds which is what I managed to put on in June! Too much socializing and some stress which cranks up the cortisol. Of course, drinking more wine and Margaritas may have helped too.
This week's a hectic one again with wedding prep to help my sister - 4 dozen devilled eggs?!?! I'm also struggling to get the Fair Schoolwork sorted ready for judging on Monday.

Today was Disney's tooth-cleaning day and I got some bad news. She has a growth on the gum which had to be sent to the pathologist. I just cannot have another dog with cancer? Or can I? It probably is nothing but I'm still going to worry until I get the test results on Friday. I bailed out of a meeting tonight to stay home with her as she's still coming out of the anesthetic and pretty wobbly and confused. Poor furry!

Nice to see us jazzed and jived. I'll try to get in here more often and catch the spirit!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #27  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Di
That is what I always used too but the lady that owned her used revolution so I tryed it. Not worth the paper that was used to package it lol. I am going to the multi advantage.

1day
Glad Blackie is doing better.

Just thought I would pop in. Busy day lol. As soon as I am done for the day I will stop back in and chat.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:39 PM   #28  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Exciting morning we have here, the power keeps going in and out. At them moment it is on. So if I disappear mid word you will know what happened.
Lucky I got in 2 hours early this morning, because I just lost those same two hours with the black out. When it finally came back, all the computers except the work one could get back onto the network. I had to delve into the realms of the unknown to make the darned thing work again. By the time I am finished I will be able to take a degree in Computing technology problems and other nasties in the hardware and software world. Should there be such a thing.

Work struggles on. We will have doco to take to the first weeks training - well we will have financials and basics and maybe workflow, but who knows with the HR/Py secret society.

I'm listening to (and sometimes watching) an Andre Rieu concert Andre Rieu in Wonderland. I do love the tenors. They just finished singing 'Dream the impossible dream' and it was lovely. Andre is coming to Brisbane in December. I'd love to go see him, but don't feel like paying the price and finding out I will be in Zululand or somewhere equally underpriviledged at the time. I'm still thinking about it.
Now we are getting into Cinderella. People are dancing in the aisles - oooh aaah

Okay - Go Advanced is still not showing me the last posts (no not the last post) so I will have to do some jiggery pokery to see what I am supposed to answer.

Rose - nice to see you back in again. Glad to hear that you've been having a good time away.

Mel - there are one or two of us who are completely stressed and others who think it will all come right on the night. Blurk****
As for the washing hopping into the dryer - yep that would be good, so it would be if it hopped out when dry and folded itself as well - and put itself away.
So you are lending out my bed. No point in my coming to hide under the covers then is it?? Crikey, can this poor woman ever be left to rest in peace??

Happy - so you've sent DH out to the trash several times and lo and behold he always comes back! Hasn't he got the hint yet?
Long weekend is getting closer. Hang in there

Michelle - nearly time to start enjoying your weekend. Have a good one. Don't do anything I wouldn't!!

Ceejay - Good going on achieving the goal. Another couple of weeks and this will become a habit. You're working the same sort of hours as I am.

Ruth - glad to hear you will be joining us on our challenge. 2 kilogram = 4.4092452437lb. If you want to lose 5lb who are we to say nay. Sounds like a good idea.
4 dozen devilled eggs? What a shame I am not over there. We could have had a lot of fun catering for this do. Should I send over 5lbs of Witchety grubs and some bush limes and tomatoes??
Hoping that Disney is fine. It's a long and anxious wait for you. I'll be thinking of you.

Morning Rennie - hope you are doing okay.

And that's it, I am out of here, to move the butt (my feet are cold) and to get on with the job.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:43 AM   #29  

I'm in on the challenge also. 4 pounds should be doable for me. I've just signed up for WW on line and plugged in my points. I'm ashamed to say it's way over my limit of 26 points. Tomorrow will be better.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:07 AM   #30  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY...I CAN JUST SEE DH BACK AND FORTH WITH THE LOADS.....MAYBE HE DID IT WITH A BIG OL; SMILE ON HIS FACE WITH ALL THE SORTING AND TOSSING!!

CEEJAY...GOOD LUCK WITH THE DRS APPTS AND CONGRATS ON NOT SNACKING!!

MICHELLE....YOU'RE ALL MOWED AND READY FOR YOUR BIG HOLIDAY WEEKEND

RUTH...I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT DISNEY AND WILL SEND GOO THOUGHTS FOR GOOD RESULTS

patty...glad to hear the dog is doing better.

rennie...good luck with the doggie too.

SHAD...NO I AM AFRAID THEY ARE RESURRECTING HER AT EVERY TURN. POOR MILLIE. R.I.P. TOO BAD ABOUT ANDRE BUT YOU MIGHT BE IN OSKOSH BY THEN I LOVE THE WAY THEY DANCE IN THE AISLLES BYT WINDER SOMETIMES HOW THE SEATED PEOPLE FEEL ABOUT THEIR VIEW BEING BLOCKED AT THOSE PRICES! HOPE THE POWER STAYS ON AND YOU GET TO KEEP "UP" WITH THE FLOW OF THINGS. AREN'T THERE ALWAYS THE LAST MINUTE CHARLIES AND CHARLENES? THEY COUNT ON PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!
I HAVE A QUESTION...WHEN THE POWER GOES OUT DOES A LAPTOP WORK? JUST WONDERING? INQUIRING MINDS AND ALL THAT.

GOOD MORNING. I WILL JOIN YOU IN THE CHALLENGE BUT MAINLY JUST TO CONTINUE TO BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR CHOICES. NOT EXPECTING MIRACLES HERE. NOT GOING OUT TODAY. THE SUMMER SEEMS TO BE GETTING THE BETTER OF ME THESE4 LAST FEW DAYS. IT HAS TO BE THE AIR CAUSE ALL THE OTHER PARTS OF THE BODY ARE UP AND FUNCTIONING WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MY LEFT FOREARM....BUT THAT'S NOT SUMMER RELATED. REST, DVDS, SINUS MEDS, A/C AND MAYBE A VISIT WITH THE SENIORS TO WATCH A MOVIE WITH THEM ARE THE ONLY THINGS....AND I DO MEAN THE ONLY THINGS....SCHEDULED FOR THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND.
I AM HAVING THE STORE DOWN THE STREET DELIVER ANYTHING I MIGHT RUN OUT OF BUT I AM PREPARED!!
HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY!!!
Closed Thread