Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:07 AM   #121  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Day 8 - food b4 10

I think maybe I should add another challenge, and then I started laughing to myself - my whole damn life is a series of challenges - wish I could cross some of THEM off after 21 days!!!!!!

Jolly- I can only speak for myself but I think a lot of people with weight issues suffer from self esteem issues, and it's interesting how you say that you go into hiding - I do that too, actually - I am doing that NOW - where I don't call anyone or talk to anyone, I just go to work and come home and go to work and come home.... Bad patches usually blow over at some point. Hope yours goes by quickly and your running improves your mood.

Welcome back Rennie, and welcome Rissa! Good luck on all of your challenges.

Red - I see those numbers coming along. WTG! Personally - I'm DYING for a drink - wish I had someone I could go hang out and drink with... Too bad you're in Tokyo! Wait - too bad you're off booze, LOL
Old 06-25-2008, 08:01 AM   #122  

Good morning all. Miriam, that is exactly what I have done in the past. I am not allowing myself to go there again, as that lead to not working out, not caring what I ate, etc. I forced myself past it, and am already feeling better.

Apple, I am a slow runner too. Right now I am at a 13 minute mile. I dream about one day being a 10 min mile. I love John Bingham's articles in Runner's World, because it validates me as a slow runner. I even bought penguin gear from his website

I am ready to restart my challenges today. All are level 3's ( with the shifts I have been picking up, I realize I may need more soda/caffeine to get through).

1. No soda
2. Follow workout plan, including new core and some stretching.
3. Calorie counts. I know what I need to reach, too long to explain here.

Glad to see everyone else, and welcome Rissa. Have a good day all
Old 06-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #123  
It's my time to shine...

S/C/G: 234/225/145

Height: 5'5"

Day 1... completed on all tasks! No pauses used.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:49 PM   #124  

30 min exercise, Day 21, 0 pauses left.!
Wow! I guess I didn't post yesterday. Looks like I finished a challenge!
I'm starting the same one over.
No time right now...keep on you guys!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #125  

Hey all. Day 1 completed. Definitely feeling better about things today. Off to do our run soon. A little humid out, but I am sure we'll be fine.

Have a good one all.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:32 AM   #126  
Keep Chuggin'

Yea Apple!! WTG!!!

I was in the gym yesterday - eager to start one of these jogging/running programs...

and I started to jog and I had this horrible stabbing pain in my gluteus maximus, and I'm like ? WTH??

And then I remembered what is was! Darnit - I'm getting a series of 12 B12 shots in the butt, and that's what was hurting me. Hmph. I got really irritated that I couldn't start the jogging program - an won't be able to at least for another 6 weeks, so I took it out on a 7% incline, hehe. Boy was I red afterwards!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #127  

Hi all. Sorry to hear about your sore bum Miriam. Hope you can start soon.

I actually got a gym workout in tonight, as there is a branch of my gym near my friend's, where I had to pick up dog food. Weight is up today though, durn it.

Day 2, done.

Have a good one all
Old 06-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #128  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Hello everyone
Day 2 all challenges met

I am sure glad I don't let my parents effect me. I was told from the day I was born I was about worthless. Funny, I am the one in the family with the nice house and they all live in slop lol. It took a long time to finally realize they were the ones that aren't worth much.

Jolly
The first step is to look at those that help you not feel good about yourself. Consider the source, they probably aren't worth much. I now stay away from my family. After years of them coming to me for help all the time I am done. You are a wonderful person. You come and and are full of encouragement for everyone. Sometimes, we need to get the people out of our lives that aren't good for us. People like food can make us sick.

Welcome
Rissa

Miriam
You are so right about life being full of challenges. We need to pick the things and people in our lives that help us along the journey to a more healthy thinner person and that includes mental health. Hope the bum feels better.

Apple
Congrats
Old 06-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #129  
It's my time to shine...

S/C/G: 234/225/145

Height: 5'5"

Sorry... runnin' a little behind... but day 2 completed, no pauses used!
Old 06-27-2008, 03:32 AM   #130  
Keep Chuggin'

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your posterior wishes

Rennie - you are so right that there are people who make us sick - literally.. That's what's going on with me today - my surroundings are giving me so much aggro that Iv;e got the mother of all migraines... <sigh>

Life is ONE BIG challenge, and unfortunately - today I don't feel like I'm rising to this particular one.

Hope y'all are doing better than me-!!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 06:34 PM   #131  

Hi all. Rennie, unfortunately the person that makes me feel bad is . .. ME. I do it to myself. MOst of the people in my life are uber-supportive. I am meaner to myself than anyone else can be, and I need to change that.

Miriam, hope your challenge lightens soon.

Have a good night all. Off to pick up the trainer for my bike, so morning workouts are easier.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #132  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Day 3
All challenges complete.

I think we all, from time to time, need to make a list about our selfs. There are so many ways we touch peoples lives. Even the person in the hall at work that we made smile. It all counts.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #133  

30 min exercise, Day 2 done, 2 pauses left.
Hey everyone. I am 1 day away from 4 weeks on this running program and it has not made one HOOT of difference in my weight. And my eating habits have not changed. You would think that a 300-400 calorie deficit would make a difference, but not with my stubborn metabolism. Well, I read somewhere that the magic time block is 6 MONTHS. So I just have to keep on keeping on I guess. I have to admit I felt GREAT after my run today. I was too lazy in the morning to get up, so later in the day I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill. As much as I hate running in place, it is nice to be able to control the pace, so I definitely ran a 10 minute mile for 2 miles. In case you haven't heard, half of California is on fire, or so it seems, and the smoke all settles into the Sacramento Valley. It's kind of a bowl, there are mountains on all sides so unless there is a lot of wind, the smoke is going nowhere. It's really gross. It's unhealthy to exercise outdoors. I'm dying to go to the beach, to see blue sky to breathe fresh air! Unfortunately, my mother-in-law broke her leg and my dedicated husband won't leave town. And then I feel selfish...Ughh. Sorry for the vent.
Sounds like everyone is doing well...Miriam, maybe moving your butt will help relax it and help with the pain....keep trying some walking...
Shy, I'm glad you can shut out the bad influences...
HI to everyone else!

Last edited by Apple Blossom; 06-27-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #134  
Keep Chuggin'

Hi all

Day 11 - food b4 10

Jolly - SO with you on that one - being meaner to myself than anyone else, although teenage step-kids fight vigorously for the title, haha...

Rennie - You're right, start the list

Apple - WTG for you perseverance in exercise. I'm trying to talk myself into doing something in the field of exercise tonight - I can't do the treadmill due to my aching posterior and pounding headache.. Always a good reason not to go to the gym, eh? But I think I'll go tomorrow anyway and work on strength training. I love watching the biggest loser - would love if we had boxing stuff at our gym. Looks like so much fun!!

Also And what's up with the fires in California??
I'm a native Californian, and was back a couple years ago for the first time in 18 years...
Old 06-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #135  

30 min exercise, Day 3 done, 2 pauses left.
Looks like today might be a pause day, I had something to do this morning and the gym closes at noon. It's the first time I've missed a day on the running program. (I'm supposed to cross train today) Off to a BBQ now, so it doesn't look good. On a more positive note, my shorts feel maybe a tiny tiny bet better today....
We didn't get enough rain this winter, so it's really dry out here. There was a whole lot of dry lightning last week, which set off most of the fires. There are about 800 of them state wide! It's actually looking a bit better today, although I haven't checked the news or anything.
Hope everyone is having a great week-end!
Closed Thread