Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #151  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi all. Don't feel like talking. More things happening yesterday and the outlook is bleak. More later.
Getting back to the work at hand, at least for this thread, just want to say for the record that I did start my In Memory of Mu Challenge dedicated to change and transition.
It is the usual with me but harsher this time in that I am tolerating NO pauses and actually it will be an extended 21-dayer as it must go through to my birthday Aug. 8.
The simplicity of it is what I like. No need to think. No need to DO, just bear with it and carry on. With heavy heart...
No sugar, no cigarettes, no booze, no processed foods.

Simple, if not sweet. Day 1 (July 1) is already done.

Last edited by redballoon; 07-02-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:26 AM   #152  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

red
Sometimes, for some people the simplistic approach is the only way to go. Red, I am sorry about your cat. I do understand the loss. Our pets are our friends and I think we talk to them more than we do to other people about our problems sometimes.

jolly
Sometimes things get rough for everyone. You aren't alone. The exercise we do everyday seems so easy then all of a sudden it is the hardest thing we have ever had to do. Not sure why that happens. Take care of that knee. They know it isn't funny but the kids laugh and laugh when I am doing a walking/aerobic video, I am going away at it, really into it and out goes the knee and I am on the floor. So happy to give them free entertainment lol. Ok, when they are done laughing they do come and help me get up.

Apple
Hi

Fish
Hope things are going well.

Miriam
Even after what I have lost, I want to dress in black trash bags if anyone sees me working out lol.

Day 6 All challenges complete

Last edited by Shy Moment; 07-02-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #153  
Cynical RedHead

At least 3 servings daily of fruits/vegetables - day 2 completed (start 6/30) 2 pauses
No fast food - day 2 completed (start 6/30) 3 pauses
Calories under 1800 - day 2 completed (start 6/30) 3 pauses

Apple - hope all is going well. Keep up with the exercise! I finally dragged my bottom into the gym yesterday after a week I like going, but when I haven't gone in a day or two it is so easy to just not go again.

Jolly - watch out for your knees! It sucks when you have a bad run. Just remember, everyone has bad workout days, even Alberto Salazar. Try to not let it get you down.

Red - best wishes. We are here for you

Shy - You are doing great on the challenges. I am sure your children appreciate the "entertainment."

Miriam - Hi there! Hope you are doing well.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:01 PM   #154  
Never give up

Heh all, Apple, Fish, Shy, jolly, thanks for all the kind words. I am still hit down. Have another cat to bury now. 5 a.m. and I have to get ready to leave but I have to bury a kitten I found and tried to save but couldn't. She died at the vet's yesterday morning....it's all a bit much for me, what with work a huge question mark and changes about to take place there. I wonder why my life seems to be so horrid....

In any case, Day 2 is done on the challenge.

Mu's brother, Shachi, isn't eating and I'm wondering if he is going too or if he's mourning. Sigh. Wish me luck, people. I really, really need some bright moments in my life.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #155  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Awwww Red...........

So sorry to hear about your further feline misfortunes! Let's hope that your furry friends are giving you the rest of their 9 lives to help you deal with your own challenges.

And good for you - day #2!!! You're still holding strong despite the adversity.

Hoping things will pick up for you soon, and you'll see some clear sparkles of happiness really really soon!
Old 07-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #156  
Never give up

Thanks, Miriam. I just buried the kitten. I feel like a gravedigger these days....
Thanks for the encouragement too. You hang in there too.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #157  

30 min exercise, Day 2, 2 pauses left.
Jolly, I felt EXACTLY the same way today. I had a 3 miler, and I had no energy, and I had to walk quite a bit. My knee bugged me a bit too. So I'm wondering if I'm ever going to be able to get an 8 mile run in, and should I even bother since all of this running is not making a difference anyway???
EXCEPT, I love running, I just don't like running first thing in the morning, and I don't like running in the heat. Don't like doing anything in the heat, actually, except this Ughh. The fall will be better for this. But I'm not going to quit.

Red, I am sorry to hear about your kitties. That's a lot to go through all at once. I hope Shachi is OK.
Shy, almost a week for you! Keep it up!
Fish, you are out of the starting gate!
Hope all is well with the baby! Did you have your 20 wk ultra sound?
Old 07-02-2008, 08:40 PM   #158  

Fish - thanks for the Salazar reference Apple, yes, you can do it! So what if you need to walk some of it. You are still better than most of the people out there. Shy, so nice of your kids to be "entertained."

Red, I am so sorry. Just know that Shachi is enjoying a long loved life like Mu did. And you gave that poor lost kitty love in the short time you had - probably more than it ever had. You are a wonderful animal lover. I hope things get better soon.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #159  
Rennie

Day 7
I am dead dog tired. Heavy Sighhhhh. My sons room is done, the house is ready for a good cleaning Monday. Tomorrow is a pretty easy day. Go to the vet, go to the groomer. Mow and trim the yard. Finish my daughters room and then scrub the carpets in my son and my daughters room, straighten the house, do laundry. Get everything packed so I can be out of here by 9 on Friday morning. Oh, do my nails before I go to bed. The only thing I am going to be doing for my three day weekend is tubbing, swimming and reading a good book lol. Ok, I might sweep the camp area. Those darn leaves and grass clippings can be a real pain

Red
I hope you start to feel better soon. Real sad around here too. My daughters dwarf hamsters are all around 2 to 3 years old and they are all dieting. Feel so bad for her.

Fish
My children hated me today lol, thats ok they shouldn't like me at their ages . I made them do things over and over until they were done right all day long.

Apple
One day seems like another to me anymore lol.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:15 AM   #160  
Keep Chuggin'

Good morning all

Rennie - hope you have a great vacation - heck, you deserve one after all that cleaning! I have 2 kids on vacation already - here in Israel my girls have 8 weeks, and the boys only have 3. Love it, haha. Be careful with that knee though - might be a good idea to consult a physiotherapist or doctor about the types of exercise you should be doing now.

Fish - you're so far along! Are you showing yet? Isn't it cool to feel the baby moving? My first child is made of Ben and Jerry's white russian ice cream and chocolate milk - I gained 50 lbs with my first pregnancy - and I thought I'd have this big baby, LOL. He was average at birth - but you should see him now - he's a scrawny skinny little thing. Sooooskinny. I have no idea where he gets that bukld from, but I wish it was contagious!!

Apple - what time of day do you like to run? Personally - if I don't get it in first thing in the morning - that's it for me. I'm knackered the rest of the day and generally can't move at all at night. Very rarely I go out and get some walking at night.

Jolly - how goes it? You know the saying "love thy neighbor like thine self" - you can't truly love other people if you don't love yourself. Ponder that one... And meanwhile - watch out for those knees. What's going on with everone's knees?

Red - how are you doing? Don't think of yourself as a gravedigger, but as an emissary to put the cat at final peace. You were instrumental during their lives, and you've completed their circle. Hang in there..
Old 07-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #161  
Cynical RedHead

At least 3 servings daily of fruits/vegetables - day 3 completed (start 6/30) 2 pauses
No fast food - day 3 completed (start 6/30) 3 pauses
Calories under 1800 - day 3 completed (start 6/30) 3 pauses

I made it to the gym again yesterday! I won't make it today because I have a doctor's appointment, but have exercise written into my schedule every day for the three-day weekend!

Red - oh my gosh - that is is lot of sadness for just a few days. I hope Shachi is doing better. I hope you are doing better as well.

Apple - running is great, isn't it? I cannot wait until after Magnus is born and I can hit the road again. Plus, by November, we have cool, crisp mornings! Walking is just not the same! You will get to 8 miles eventually - it just takes some time. Or, you could do what I did, and sign up for a ten-mile race, having only run 10Ks previously
We did an ultrasound at 16 weeks - and my doctor says I don't need another one until after they do a diabetes test/bloodwork at 28 weeks. DH wants one of those 3D scans, but i think they look creepy.

Jolly - take it easy today, and get some running in tomorrow. I have been watching the track and field olympic trials and feel inspired. Is 38 too old to become a decathelete?

Shy - I'm tired from reading everything you did yesterday And *Monday* will be the *heavy* cleaning day?!? Enjoy your weekend - and try relaxing! Leave the cleaning supplies at home!

Miriam - I am definitely showing! It is cool to feel him wiggling around, plus I know he is alive in there But it can get very distracting. Last weekend my mom told sissy and me that she gained 63 pounds with each of us! And my mom was pretty skinny back in the 70s. I actually braved the scale this morning, and it really wasn't bad. Only 15 pounds so far, which I think just a little above what my book says is healthy.

I will talk to everyone later!
Old 07-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #162  

30 min exercise, Day 3, 2 pauses left.
I just realized that even though today is a rest day on my running schedule, I still have to come up with 30 min, walking or something. Might be going to a baseball game tonight so it doesn't look good. I'll alk the dog before I go to bed. Maybe/
Glad you are doing well, Fish! I'm so excited for you! Be careful exercising right after the birth. I felt great so I started walking and easy jogging only a few days after my first was born, and ended up spraining my ankle, because my ligaments were still all lose from giving birth.
Shy, I feel kind of like a lazy slob after reading about all of your cleaning! You deserve your days off, thats for sure!
Hello Red! I hope your are well!
Hi Jolly & Miriam!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #163  
Never give up

Wink

Hello all. Was going to reply and then just got one reply done (to jolly) and not mine yet and time has run out. I am again late for work. I am feeling better, even though all your kind words brought on the tears again. Really, you are most kind.
For the record, Day 3 is done and behind me.
It's Friday. Happy Fourth of July to all you Americans out there!
I said yesterday at the office that we should at least have some fireworks in the office today. I can provide them.... No wonder upper management loves me. I always say, "I'm NOT trying to be difficult.....It just comes naturally!"

jolly -- Yeah, it was a lot in a short time, and I still cry thinking about the both of them and I do wonder why I was meant to find that kitten. To me, giving love when I don't see it as "helping" seems kind of meaningless. But, perhaps no, and this is something I need to learn. I already DO it, but it always seemed so for nought, just that it was something, stupid me, couldn't help but do. I have a feeling there's a lot of things I don't know about love still. And jolly, you obviously are quite an animal lover yourself. Thank you. And for you, gentle athlete, what do you mean, "not making a difference anyway???" It cannot possibly NOT make a difference. You just can't see what's going on, perhaps. But it is surely changing all sorts of things inside you, including your attitude. You "love running?" Well, look at that, how wonderful to hear the passion in your words. Now, THAT"S a difference if I ever saw one. So, if you have to walk or even crawl, do it with a laugh, because you're DOING it. It's not the times or the winning form, it's the SPIRIT that counts, always! jolly, remember these words....

"There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still." 
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Last edited by redballoon; 07-03-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:21 AM   #164  
Rennie

Miriam
When I was about 20 I was in an accident. I was told I would never walk again. They just don't understand how God looks out for us lol. I walked. In my early 30's I was told I would be in a wheel chair by 40 never to walk again. Well I am going on 46 and still walking lol. I am not suppose to do any exercise at all lol, it is hard on the joints. I say we all live with things. A little pain is nothing. Getting this body in shape so I have as healthy a body in my old age I can have is important. I pretty much gave up on what doctors say ages ago. They seem to always be full of doom and gloom. There are signs my body gives me and I sure do listen to them and slow down or not exercise at all for awhile. I have that worked into my challenge. I feel better now than I have felt in years.

Fish
lol I will do a good cleaning of the camper while we are at the camp grounds. Great place to do it because there is lots of room. Monday is an easy day lol. I will do normal cleaning. No scrubbing walls and such. Probably take about 4 hours to do the house from top to bottom. Nice easy day. I didn't get the kids carpets scrubbed today because I spend most of the morning getting a used car since our other one the kids drove was totaled. Scrubbing carpets was moved to Monday along with normal house cleaning. Monday night will be spent in a nice hot tub with a good book

apple
lol. I clean like this, usually takes a couple of weeks once a year. Rest of the year is generally just normal day to day cleaning. So nice to have everything done at least one time a year lol. I keep wanting to go back to work so I can have a rest lol.

Red
Giving a person or an animal affection and attention is never for naught. For a little while affection is felt and the recipient doesn't feel alone and uncared for. Thank you for careing for those little animals.

Day 8
All done

Last edited by Shy Moment; 07-04-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #165  
Keep Chuggin'

Wow Rennie - what a trooper! Amazing what people go through and come out on their feet - literally I have my own doctor horror stories too...
How long are you going camping for?

Apple - I had SPD during my last 2 pregnancies - what a bummer.

Fish - I gained TONS with almost all of my pregnancies, except for 1 - when I was sick the whole time. But I was really young for the first couple and it all the pounds just poured off. The ones with the GD have stuck with me though - and I'm trying real hard to shift them!

Red - what fireworks are you setting off in work now, pray tell.... LOL

I've had a ROTTEN day! Life will pick up though, I'm sure!
Closed Thread