Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:30 PM   #46  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi people. Yeah, I am here, but then not. Had a very late out last night....ugh. Gotta get in to work. Wish me luck. I am doing OK on stealth challenges but lost my last pause on the juice yesterday. Last night did NOT help. Just when I'm doing well, I blow it and undo all the good I've done. Sigh. See you soon. Thanks for the kind words.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #47  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Looks like we lost a lot of posts. Today is day 5 will check back in later.

Day 5
All challenges complete

Last edited by Shy Moment; 06-07-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #48  

Wow did we ever. Day 4 - both challenges done. I really want to EAT tonihgt. Will try to make good choices after I shower. Just got done doing 3 miles in the humidity, and I am slimy!!

Hope to hear from you all soon
Old 06-06-2008, 08:37 PM   #49  

Hello. Am I going crazy or are a whole bunch of posts MISSING? It goes from May 22 to today. I've been lurking, so I kind of know whats going on...
Jolly, congrats on the Tri!!! It looks like a lot of fun. And I agree with Red..I remember the post when you were referring to yourself as unattractive....so NOT true. You have inspired me to do a triathlon too, there's one in July, but I'm thinking next year for that one. Maybe I can find something in early fall, I might be ready then. I have started a training program which should have me running a 10 mile run by the end of the summer. I'd like this to be my challenge, but I'm not sure that will work, since there are days I'll need to juggle around due to some short trips we are taking. So I'll leave it at 30 min of exercise.
Anyway, made my first swimsuit appearance of the summer and it was not pretty. I actually thought about NOT going to the pool party because of my fatness. That is so unfair to my kids, so of course I went, but I was sure hoping some excuse would come up. Ughh.
Well, my brother's on his way over for dinner. Chat with you soon!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:09 AM   #50  
Never give up

Heh there all! Wow, what happened? That was weird. Oh, well, I guess they needed the memory space or something....oh, let's get rid of this thread, the one with that balloon person who hasn't made any progress despite 5 YEARS of challenges! Heh!!! Gimme those posts back! They's my buddies!

Anyhow, where is everyone, besides me? Where did that English girl go? ....Sigh. Ya see, jolly! Apple agrees with me! So there! But, Apple, whaddya mean, "Am I crazy OR are a whole bunch of posts missing".....those are TWO different UNRELATED questions. You gotta split them up, so we can answer both of them separately.... JUST kidding!!!
And, Shy, you look like a different person! Wow! Great going!!

Ah...sigh...I've been pigging again AND gaining weight. I don't know why. I really don't Probably the work. Today was the FIRST day in a week I could really come up for air. It felt wonderful! Think I can get my head around some challenges....the body should be no problem, got enough fat around my gut to just fold it over a couple big ones.... Ok, nuff clowning....I'm off to make me some carrot juice!

Later, gators!

Last edited by redballoon; 06-07-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #51  
Never give up

Oh, heh, here's the notice.
Notice:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcement.php?f=122

Just lost about 2 million posts....oh well...heh, you know, I think I finished a challenge in there or something...don't you remember..I vaguely remember doing a couple, or maybe it was three or four...no, no one else remembers? Oh well.....guess I'll just have to start over...

Last edited by redballoon; 06-07-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #52  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Red - you crack me up!!!!

".oh, let's get rid of this thread, the one with that balloon person who hasn't made any progress despite 5 YEARS of challenges!"

LOLOL

Anyway!
I'm up for a new challenge!
21 days of food before 10:00 - completed! Wooooohoooo
day 20 - fruit <heck - I did 2 today - melon and dates>
i messed up on the writing food down one, but i did it now for tomorrow, so day 1 - write food down the night BEFORE

I'm keeping eating before 10 as a challenge - there were many a time these past 3 weeks that I did it knowing that I had a challenge to meet, so I'm up for it again.

Also - the writing food one is sooooo hard, so I'm making it a level 3, and I'll keep it at that for now!

So hello everyone and great to see you again!
Old 06-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #53  

I've been on my training program for 4 days, so...
30 min exercise, Day 4, 2 pauses left.

Congrats Miriam, on completing your challenge!!!
Way to keep at it!

I just found out today that my gym is having a "transformation" contest. If I went there more than once a month, maybe I could have entered it!! The grand prize is $600!! That's a lot of motivation. They are about halfway through it, so maybe next time. Although I'm hoping to have done some transforming before then, enough to not have to enter the contest. There! More motivation!
Ok, we are off to a party tonight. Have a great week-end everyone!
Old 06-08-2008, 06:18 AM   #54  

Hey all. I just couldn't post last night. I was really craving I was just going to take the pause, and go nuts. But, due to the weather yesterday, we are going to try to run today instead. I knew how I would feel if I didn't eat healthy, so went to bed instead. I have to work from 6a-noon, so got up at 2:30a so I could get my gym workout in first. Kept me away from the food.

Thank goodness, only 4-5 more years until a more M-F job!

I made myself come post this morning. When I start slipping away, that is when my healthy choices start slipping too. Not a good idea.

So Day 5 of my challenges was met yesterday. Here's to day 6 today. Will try to check in tonight. Have a great day all.

Oh yeah - I do need to change my thinking about eating. I think the total number of calories I have set for myself is appropriate. But I find myself kind of "banking" them during the day, so more for nighttime (I do love me some carbs for dinner). Problem is that this leaves me not properly fueled for my nighttime runs. And if I try to grab a snack at the last minute. . .. well, let's just say the run becomes a "moving experience." Yes, I wish I could take a pill, and lose all the weight overnight. However, the long term goal is to be healthy, strong, and athletic. I can't do that if I don't eat right. Things to think about.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:53 AM   #55  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

I ate a square of chocolate! That certainly wasn't OP, but a victory nonetheless, because I don't remember the last time I ate a SQURE and not a WHOLE BAR!! lol

Anyway -
Day 1 - food before 10
Day 1 - plan the night before

good for you Jolly for going to the bed and not to the food!

Apple - the gym thingie sounds cool - wish mine had some more motivation! The only motivation I have there is a TV (which I don't have at home) and showers with better water pressure than what I have at home

Red - are you a calorie counter? how do you count the juice? Do you ever add beets to your carrot juice? I eat shredded raw beets for my iron, as I am constantly anemic (yaya vegetarianism :P)
Old 06-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #56  

30 min exercise, Day 6, 2 pauses left.
I had forgotten to check off one day on my training calendar, so I'm done with day 6! Yea!
Old 06-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #57  
Never give up

Hi people. Glad to see you in here doing your challenges. Apple, jolly, Miriam, good luck! Miriam, I don't count calories, but need to. But for juice I would only count some of the ingredients, such as carrot juice or banana or soymilk, higher things, all of which I at times add. Other times, with it just being green vegetable juice, I don't bother. I wish I could add beets, but I can't find them here. Japanese just don't eat them. I could probably find them at an import shop but they'd be too expensive. I wish I did have them as I hear they are excellent for juicing and for their nutritional and blood-cleansing benefits.

Well, the work continues. It never stops, actually, but that's because I do so much in addition to the main job. No problem. I will just try to cut out or cut down on the swings to the other extreme, with all-night drinking sessions etc. I am going to get back in shape. This is absurd. At the racetrack yesterday, I was looking at the jockeys and thinking how great their muscled arms and totally fatless midsections looked. Gosh, I would love to have that. Haven't ever really had it but I've been close. Going to try to get close again.

Horrible the slashing killings here yesterday. Seven people dead. But, I've come to not be surprised. When the Japanese lose it, they really lose it. I get so tired of hearing on the TV about how "quiet and well-mannered" people always say the killers were. Don't they get it? The quiet ones are almost always the total wackos. I, by the way, am NOT quiet! It's one reason my boss doesn't like me. Sigh.

Later!

Last edited by redballoon; 06-08-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #58  

Hey all. My technological challenges strike again! I bought a new MP3 player, so I could have tunes with my workout. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be going from my computer to the player the way it is supposed to I have issues.

Tomorrow is my makeover. Woo hoo. See what i look like after. Apple, Red - I just don't see cute when I look in the mirror. Most days, I see Chris Farley. In Beverly Hills Ninja. Rarely do I look in the mirror and say 'Not bad chica!' I have never felt attractive. I don't expect to turn into Jessica Simpson, just want to be fit, and proud of what i can do.

I really need to go run tonight. Many excuses though - a) weather is bad. b) no tunes. c) Don't think I can stay up until my sister might get here - I was up at 2:30 so I could get my gym workout in before work at 6a. I'm beat!

So, we will see if I have to take a pause on following my workout schedule. I have to say Red, that I am slowly becoming a weight training junkie. I am really noticing the changes this time.

Well, if I lose 1 pound next week, I will earn my facial. I decided to go splurge on a pair of Tommy jeans when I get to 215. They make even my big butt look good, and I need the mental lift, even though I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on clothes as I downsize. But a few awesome pieces here and there are worth it.

That's about all for now. Wish me luck with the tunes.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #59  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Day 7
All challenges complete

Sorry, no time to chat today. Just got home a bit ago from our wonderful weekend away from everyone lol. The kids did a pretty good job keeping the house tidy. I went room to room and did a few things but that was about it. I still have a trunk full of food to bring in the house and put away and 3 loads of laundry to do before I hit the bed. Chat with everyone tomorrow.

Miriam
WAY TO GO

Red
Thanks. I am finally starting to see some real difference. The weight is coming off very slowly now. Guess that is pretty usual when you get close to goal. Now is the time for me to really stick with it. All this was pretty easy when I was seeing a drop in the scale every weigh in. Now I might go a couple of weeks before I see one if I even see one then.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #60  

Shy, just don't lose sight of the fact you have lost 50 pounds! That is amazing!!!

I had to take pauses yesterday. I did not get out and run - storm kicked in again, and I didn't think I wanted to be rnning in it for some reason. Then, started eating. Now, my house is fairly low on binge items, and I didn't go out for any, so it didn't get totally out of control. Just enough that my stomach was upset, I had a sugar headache, and felt guilty as you know what. I finally stopped myself, brushed my teeth, and when the storm kicked out my cable, did my yoga tape. Here's to a better day. I know I was eating because I was bored and overtired too, but just did not choose to do better.

Here's to a better day.
Closed Thread