Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:05 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4''

Red face

Morning my favourite chicklets!

I'm grumpy. Something about the dvd player was not the same as the other mornings after being used during the day yesterday and i couldn't get my dvd working. Mannnn.........am i grumpy - lol. So i burned off a few calories on my cheap eliptical and will do my workout when i get in after work. I HATE having to workout when there are people around......HATE it. Feel so self conscious. Oh well.......who cares.......right?

So what's everyone else doing today? Foggy here.......but supposed to burn off and be sunny. Miracles will never cease! lol

Have a good day everyone......x
Old 06-19-2008, 07:13 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Hello all - I'm back after a couple of months of craziness. It seems like everyone I've ever known has passed through the city in the past couple of month! I've been playing hostess or tour guide, getting my garden in order, getting a new computer sorted out, going to out of town weddings, and painting the appartment. I feel like a whirling dervish!

I've been too pooped to be religious about my elliptical, so my cardio has suffered a bit - I'm only averaging three to four days a week the past month. But with all the running around and physical labour I've burned enough calories to make up the difference. I'm still slowly losing about a pound or two a month.

This past week has been my turn to play at being a carpenter. The neighbours took down an old ailing elm tree that needed to come down, but since it provided a lot of shade for my shade plants I had to scramble and build a trellis thingy over them to protect them from the sun. Now I have to go get more stuff to redo a fence that has needed to be rebuilt for a couple of years. With that tree gone I need something with more privacy! So lots more sore muscles from playing at Builder Bob!

Other than whirlwind chaos, life is normal here. I do wish it would stop raining though - it's been raining almost every day for a month! I'm not really complaining because at least it's not snow

BP
Old 06-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #213  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

So glad to see you back BP and it definitely sounds like you've been keeping busy. Congratulations on still keeping the weight moving in the right direction.

Looks like a busy day for me . . . the Bengal twins have to go to the vet for their annual shots. Will probably take two of us an hour to get them caged up. Then they will screech and complain the whole time. When they get back home again, they will disappear from sight for at least two days and it will take about 3 months before I can get near them again -- they are definitely not the most tractable cats I've ever had, but are they ever great grudge holders. No idea where they are right now -- haven't seen either one since I brought the cage in from the garage. After that, guess LouLou and I will do our normal Thursday afternoon shopping "thing" -- if we've got any energy left. To top it off, it's cold and very overcast . . . difficult to believe it's only two days until Summer is officially here . . . I'm still waiting for Spring.

Anyway . . . hope you all have great days planned . . . keep things moving and shaking, gang . . .
Old 06-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #214  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hello, all! Seems to be the day for prodigal Canucks returning; my reasons for being away are not nearly as interesting as Bopeeps, tho'...

This spring allergy season keeps trying to cycle me into sinus troubles, and 'new boss' is increasing my stress levels, so I've been feeling just exhausted all the time. On the plus side, I haven't been responding by grazing, but I haven't been keeping track or exercising either. I've been reasonable, though, and this morning the scales showed me up a mere 1 lb from my ticker.

I spent some time flipping thru pages here trying to figure out when I was last here, then I saw the 'you last visited' data up top. silly me.

Anyway, I'm back to keeping track...I'll catch up on the news a little later.

Have a great day, all!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 184/167/135

Height: 5'5

hey crazies...Sounds like everybody is doing pretty good.I'm doing good here, just struggling a bit with my cravings*L* I just keep reminding myself I WANT NEED to lose these 50lbs that found me.I'm 6lbs down and 4 3/4 inches down from June 11th till now.I need to excercise more though.

I wanted to let everybody know I'll be gone all weekend to Burlington and wonderland, we'll be back Sunday then Monday weigh in, better excercise my butt off before that day*L*

Congrats for all the losses!!!!

Welcome to the newbies!! you'll love this site.

Isabel
Old 06-19-2008, 07:10 PM   #216  

Daffy - Maybe there was something in the air causing us to get back here before we fell off the wagon

I hope your cats forgive you meowee! I have to bring one of my babies in for a rabies shot soon (fortunately she behaves at the vet). I've been trying to find the one year version, but no one has it, so I'm going to have to give her the three year one - not great because she has IBD and vaccines can really aggravate that, but rabies has become established in the raccoon population here

Hello Isabel and Laura (I'm an ex-pat Haligonian myself)! I'm an obsessed gardener with two kitties a noisy parrot and a DH (not necessarily in that order ). DH and I are making an effort to get in shape (and stay there) and shed some of the weight that has crept up on us over the years (I need to lose a bit more than DH).

I had a bad plant day . I had to throw out a new Hosta because it has a virus Bugger. So I'm going to go drown my sorrows with some Monty Python and the elliptical.

BP
Old 06-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #217  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Nice to see so many new CANUCKS dropping by again; I'm always around the site somewhere, but sometimes, I get lost. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! We've had yucky weather, but I'm still trying to get all my gardening done; my drums are coming up well, and most of the garden is planted so now we just wait ...........................................>>>

ILYSA ~ sorry you've had such a hard time of it lately; maybe this journey will be the turning over of a new leaf for you! What are you taking in school? Is it a refresher or new degree for a new direction? I went to college twice, several years apart.

ANYWAYS, today was shopping day for veggies, fruit, and a bit of dairy; and tomorrow will be a full day too. Hope you all have a great weekend coming up! Take good care ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-19-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:28 AM   #218  

Morning
Hi Bopeep.....well nothing has changed about the fog around here! lol

Have a fun weekend, Sexyness.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #219  
Onward and Downward

Not having a great morning . . . hope to be back later when I'm in better humour.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #220  

Meowee - I'm sorry you're having a rough morning. I hope it's something that's easily sorted out!

Hi Rosebud! What's a 'drum'?

More rain everyday in the forecast for the next week. Yuk! I guess I'd better go out and try my sun dance again

I get to have a good laugh later today - my friend's five year old daughter has her annual daycare 'spectacle' (or 'pestacle' as she called it). She's so excited and has been practicing her songs for weeks - she's driving her mum nuts She's a real diva type - a performance artist
Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Yes, the drums? I've seen flowers in old toilets. Maybe Rosebud plants things in drums .....
Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #222  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

RIGHT you are SUSANB ~ I plant things in the 'drums' from old dryers. They make fantastic mini-gardens; I have three right now. And as they sit higher off the ground, it's easier on the back; and hey, they are free. We first used one drum as a bonfire pit. That's when I got the idea to use one as a salad garden. My mother used to make flower gardens in large tractor tires (they'd paint them white or green).

We try to do our part for the environment: repair, reuse, or recycle. I really like them; they are easy to look after too. We know people here who put stuff in old barrels and an old bathtub with the feet; and we even saw an old iron bed.

ANYWAYS, hope you all have a great Friday night and weekend; esp you, MEOWEE: sending good vibes your way ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-20-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:42 PM   #223  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post

Not having a great morning . . . hope to be back later when I'm in better humour.
Hope you're feeling a bit better now, Meowee.
Try think of something nice you could do for yourself.

Laura x
Old 06-21-2008, 06:42 AM   #224  
Onward and Downward

Still in a funk this morning and things definitely got worse yesterday. Everytime I turned around I was eating something nasty. Today had better be better.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #225  

Today will be better

It's okay. We all have days like that. Probably your body craving something it needs. How low do you restrict your calories? Do you need a few more cals for a day or two?

Laura x
Closed Thread