Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 12:19 AM   #196  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO FELLOW CANUCKS ~ sorry, I don't live in Southern Ontario anymore; born there, but now live in NORTHERN ONTARIO myself. You can see what I look like if you go into my profile: there's a pic of me there.

Have been very busy lately; transplanting flowers in planters, planting and gardening. Made nice dinner for my DAD on Father's Day: we had a nice visit with him and S-M. We've had a lot of rain this weekend; but at least we got something done.

TO ALL THE NEWBIES ~ ISABEL, LAURA, AND WIMSIE! This is a great site and lots of nice people here with great support too.

WIMSIE ~ HAPPY 50TH!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE !

ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-17-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:35 AM   #197  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

ISABEL . . . off-hand I have no idea what the difficulty might be, but I will investigate and let you know . . . which ID would you prefer to use, if we have a choice)?

Looks like a rainy kind of day around here but that's okay because my big, fun (:s) excursion for the day is the annual trip to the GYN -- so the weather matches my mood quite well.

See you later . . .
Old 06-17-2008, 01:10 PM   #198  
TBL Black Team Member

S/C/G: 253/237/153

Height: 5'8"

LOL @ Meowie.... it's not a great day for you today is it? I dread the gyn. visit... I feel so vunerable (you'd think I wouldn't after having kids) LOL Hope the rest of your day goes well.

Hello to everyone else... not much going on here, same crap, same pile. I did manage to get into the 230s today though *yay me!*
Old 06-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4''

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halichick View Post
LOL @ Meowie.... it's not a great day for you today is it? I dread the gyn. visit... I feel so vunerable (you'd think I wouldn't after having kids) LOL Hope the rest of your day goes well.

Hello to everyone else... not much going on here, same crap, same pile. I did manage to get into the 230s today though *yay me!*
Congrats on your progress Way to go
Old 06-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #200  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
HELLO FELLOW CANUCKS ~ sorry, I don't live in Southern Ontario anymore; born there, but now live in NORTHERN ONTARIO myself. You can see what I look like if you go into my profile: there's a pic of me there.

Have been very busy lately; transplanting flowers in planters, planting and gardening. Made nice dinner for my DAD on Father's Day: we had a nice visit with him and S-M. We've had a lot of rain this weekend; but at least we got something done.

TO ALL THE NEWBIES ~ ISABEL, LAURA, AND WIMSIE! This is a great site and lots of nice people here with great support too.

WIMSIE ~ HAPPY 50TH!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE !

ROSEBUD

thanks for the welcome Rosebud x
Old 06-17-2008, 10:27 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 184/167/135

Height: 5'5

meowee...Thanx, I like sexynesscoming its got a nice point to it The other account can be deleted if can be, I would appreciate it.

I got weighed in today and I was DOWN 1 pound after a 2 pound GAIN when I went in on Monday, so I'm 179lbs now.I get measured for the first time tomorrow since my start date on Herbal Magic on June 11th.I doubt if I've lost any inches, havent done any hard core excercising, just walking and I've always done that on and off, so we'll see.

Congrats to everybody that has lost weight, inches, or stayed on track!!

Keep Positive, don't get down...there's always tomorrow to do better!

Isabel
Old 06-18-2008, 06:11 AM   #202  

Default Wednesday

Morning Chickies x
How's everyone?

I was good......got up at 4:35 and was going to get my work out done a bit earlier but there was a line up for getting laundry dry this morning. My son is going on his school trip and could he have done his laundry during the day yesterday when everyone was at work..... NO, of course not!

Anyways got the organizing out of the way and got my workout done too, just a bit later than intended. Doing Turbo Jam - lol. Still trying to figure out the choreography but got better at one part this morning. Can hardly wait til i know the moves and can really blast it without thinking and missing cue!

Just for something different .......tried salad and tuna for breakfast yesterday and will do the same this morning. There's just something not right about eating salad and tuna in the morning!

Have a good day all........ take care x
Old 06-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #203  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Boy is it every muggy and overcast today -- and I ache -- but things have been so changeable lately, who knows what the afternoon may bring.
A good rain would be very welcome since it appears there are still some little hot spots in the firea area -- and they found the ignition point. it appears to be a case of 'careless camper'. Will people never learn?

Spent 90 minutes in the waiting room for my 15 minute appointment with the gyn yesterday -- glad he didn't check my blood pressure. At least he changed the picture on the ceiling over the examining table since the last time I was there. Two of the cutest little chocolate lab puppies you'd ever want to see. And . . . his scale weighed me 1 pound lighter than my own. Always a pleasant and totally unexpected surprise.

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . .
Old 06-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning! It's wet here too.

I have a Saturday afternoon late in July that I think should be clear. DD should have a baby by then and I should be back from tending the three of then
PM me if you'd like to meet in Stratford. I think it's best to keep the details more private than a public message board, yes?
Old 06-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #205  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

*** Sigh *** I'd love to join you in Stratford but driving for five hours just isn't workable in my busy July. Maybe next time.

I've met many chicks from this board and lots from my garden group and haven't had a bad experience yet. The great thing is that we already "know" each other and don't have all that front end awkwardness. Meowee will vouch for that!

Hmmm...maybe we should plan an Eastern Ontario meet in the fall.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ilene lives in Cornwall ... I'd love to meet her. But for that kind of trip I'd need DH to drive. He's never outright said no ...
Old 06-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 250/230/140

Default Hi everyone, Ilysa from Edmonton AB here...

Hey everyone, I'm new to this community and I'm hoping that by joining I will be doing myself some good.

I have about 100 pds to lose to get to my healthy weight, and I just got diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes on Friday (June 13, 2008) {as well as some fatty liver concerns}.

I have always fluctuated in my weight, but just under 2 years ago, I broke both my arms and was dependant for about 2 months. This sent my down into a depressive state that I was not able to get out of {i've also "dealt" with depression for quite some time now}. I ate the wrong things to try and make myself feel better and pass the time as I was stuck in the apt that I had just moved into 9 days before I broke.

anyways, up to date now: dealing with depression, diabetes, and weight loss as well as stress management (which more than manages me right now)

Hope to talk to you some soon. All the best to everyone with their goals.

Cheers! Ilysa
Old 06-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #208  
Onward and Downward

Hi ILYSA . . . glad you found us . . . wow, breaking both arms what a horrorible experience. Hope everything is much better now.

Just said a very lengthy "HI" over in the Diabetes Support Forum. Imagine you and I will be seeing quite a bit of each other around 3FC since we seem to have a lot in common. I've never liked Friday the 13th, but have to admit that yours is the winner for bad news on that day.

See you soon, Chickie.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 250/230/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Hi ILYSA . . . glad you found us . . . wow, breaking both arms what a horrorible experience. Hope everything is much better now.

Just said a very lengthy "HI" over in the Diabetes Support Forum. Imagine you and I will be seeing quite a bit of each other around 3FC since we seem to have a lot in common. I've never liked Friday the 13th, but have to admit that yours is the winner for bad news on that day.

See you soon, Chickie.
yeah, Friday the 13 th was never really ubbe rin my book, I lost my first puppy on that day many years ago.

As for my arms, the one that i had surgery on (the other was a fracture) is now getting booked to get the plate that they put in taken out- so that's something else to look forward to.

I am going back to school after 7 years in less than 3 months and so everything is happening at once...

it can be a bit overwhelming for someone like me, and I know that I am at a point in all areas of my life that I can't fall apart on...

*sigh

one day at a time

Cheers, thanks for the warm welcome :hugs:
Old 06-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #210  

Hi Ilysa.......welcome !
Laura
Closed Thread