Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 08:34 AM   #226  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I usually eat around 1500 net (about 1600 to 1650 including fibre) . . . so don't think it's that. What my body was craving was Dove Chocolate.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Meowee - Ugh - it's hard to get out of funk sometimes. Does a change of scenery help? A nice drive and a picnic lunch? I hate it when I get those days with a strong craving. It's usually when I've had a bad allergy day and my nose has been running non-stop and I feel like crap - I *need* salty chips like nothing I've ever needed before. It's probably just the salt that I need, but my brain seems convinced I need Doritos

Rosebud - aha! I was trying to figure out if it was a typo or if I was being a dummy That's a great idea though - it's a nice big container and it's elevated, as you say. I do all my gardening in containers because my yard is paved.

I broke down and had pizza last night I was sooooo hungry, and I needed food Right Now. Why are the only places open close to midnight junk food places? I'd gladly have has sushi if any healthier place was open! I was at my friend's daughter's 'spectacle' and it went late, then we went over to their place to celebrate, and at no point did I think to grab a bite to eat. So I'm heading home, and I realized it had been almost 12 hours since I had eaten! I swear my stomach was growling so loudly everyone on the metro could hear it. So I grabbed a pizza on the walk home from the metro - DH was starving too because he had been tearing his hair out installing a new printer on our network.

I think I'll put a good dent in those pizza calories today - I have to go to the wood store, carry a bunch of 2x4s and trellis home (take me a good half a dozen trips) and build that new fence.

BP
Old 06-21-2008, 01:43 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4''

Ohhhh.....i've seen the ads for Dove chocolate. Probably a good thing i've never tried it. chuckle.

Sorry....i have a brain like a sieve.......someone mentioned eating pizza last night. That's not always a bad thing! It doesn't work every time i've tried it......but sometimes if i eat some calories more than i have been and then cut back on my cals again.....i've lost a bit more weight. It has something to do with refeeding your body and cycling your macronutrients. So if you eat a bit more than usual......just think of it as a refeed day for your metabolism and then watch your cals/carbs again.

Besides which none of us should feel guilty about eating something we like or want from time to time. Saying that, i sometimes notice this pang of guilt or thinking "i shouldn't have had that" if i'm eating ANYTHING but salad or veggies. And that's ridiculous.......don't anyone else be like that.....it's not right and we really should never feel that way. I'll refrain from doing a little rant on society and the "norms" it's imposed upon us all!!! x
Old 06-22-2008, 07:00 AM   #229  
Onward and Downward

Beautiful day around northern NS . . . wish I felt as
Old 06-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #230  

Red face

Morning!

It's actually nice here in Halifax too.......wow.....we're not fogged it and the sun is out. Time to get some vitamin D.

Just did my Turbo Jam and the Turbo Sculpt. Going to walk down to the Harbour for a coffee later.

I could KILL the remotes in this house. My son left a note : "if you need help, wake me up" ......well let me tell you.....he wasn't happy that he offered when i had to wake him up. My husband says one thing and then my son says another and they both get annoyed because they think i'm stupid about the remote. If they'd both tell me the same thing ...GEE.....i might just not get it wrong. There's my rant for the day.

How's everyone else doing today?

Meowee.....i have to wait for a weight tracker.....do i have to wait to have a picture beside my name as well? Just wondering because i tried to download a pic and it didn't show up? thx

Have a good day everyone. x
Old 06-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #231  
Onward and Downward

You can have a picture LAURA . . .

Go to User CP and then click on Edit Avatar. Make sure the first box (called "do not use an Avatar") at the top of the page is blank. Then scroll down to the section called "custom avatar" and make sure that little box is selected and then browse and select your picture according to option 1 or option 2. Don't forget to click the "save changes" box at the bottom.

PS . . . just looked at your profile . . . think that's where your picture is. You miust have selected "Edit Profile Picture" instead of "Edit Avatar"

Last edited by meowee; 06-22-2008 at 11:40 AM. Reason: added PS
Old 06-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #232  

Thanks for the info, Meowee x
I walked down to the harbourfront and had a coffee down there. It was really nice. For a change didn't even neat a jacket around here!

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #233  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO THERE ~ we had a mix of sun and rainstorm and sun and more rain tonight. Good for the gardens though; saves us watering and we like that! Went for a nice drive this afternoon and picked up dinner (BBQ Spit Chicken): what a nice treat for Sunday (no cooking ~ LOL) ...

BOPEEP ~ love the drums; so easy to look after and bugs don't seem to get in them like they do in greenhouses (slugs) and the garden.

Hope you all have a great week coming up; take care ROSEBUD
Old 06-23-2008, 06:17 AM   #234  

Red face Monday morning

Morning everyone

Well......managed to go down 2 pounds since starting Turbo Jam. The thing will be to see if anything else comes off. The test will be the next couple of weeks. My body does this all the time. It will lose 1 or 2 pounds with the attempt at something new and then that's it. I'll keep doing the workout and have the cals around 1400 and see if anything further happens. 1200 is just too low for me although i was trying it in desperation.

Didn't work out this morning as i didn't really sleep and just scared to overstress my body ......low cals, up at 4:45 and not good sleep......not a great combination.

Have a great day everyone x

Old 06-23-2008, 07:54 AM   #235  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Think my mood is improving at long last. The weather however is looking pretty overcast right now although it is forecast for sunny later on. It does look like the storm that south-western Ontario was having yesterday is working it's way down to us. Rain predicted for tomorrow.

Finally got mad at the stupid digital scale and brought out the big old Seca analog clunker -- the kind used in a lot of doctor's offices, if they don't have a balance-bar type -- so we'll see how consistent good old German engineering can be for a while. Trouble is, of course, analog is not nearly as precise so looks like I'm between 218 and 219 this morning -- decided to call it 218.5.

Anyway -- nuff about me -- how's your day looking? Hope it's a good one.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #236  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello everyone. I keep forgetting about this thread. We've had over 2 weeks of rain and even on the sunny days we get rain sometime during the day. Have had thunder storms last night and this afternoon but looks as if it may be clearing up as there seems to be a few rays of sun coming through. I had to make a mad dash for the clothes line this afternoon and thankfully got the clothes in before the rain got heavy. It's supposed to be warm all week with more rain. The grass is nice and green though.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:46 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

I am officially joining the Crazy Canucks Cluck Club!! Hello Ladies!!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:08 PM   #238  
Onward and Downward

Hi JENNY . . .
Old 06-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #239  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

We just had 2 days of sun then several hours of thunder storms and we also had 15 min of pea sized hail. It was the first time kids saw hail and loved it wanted to go run in it and mean old mommy said NO to dangerous.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:29 AM   #240  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyG View Post
I am officially joining the Crazy Canucks Cluck Club!! Hello Ladies!!!!
Hi Jenny! Nice to meet you. How is beautiful PEI this morning?
Meowee........that's great......down some more WOOHOOO.]I remember the thunderstorms from Ontario, Julia!!!!
I went out with a new friend last night and drank! No counting calories. Had a great time.....haven't had such laughs for soooo long. Worth the calories! That being said, i wasn't up at 4:45 exercising this morning and the 2 lbs i lost are probably back! Well......back at it tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 06-24-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Closed Thread