Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:19 AM   #91  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

PAINTER... GOOD THING I HAD A REAM OF PAPER SET UP IN THE PRINTER CAUSE IT JUST PRINTED OUT A MANUAL!!! WELL THIS SHOULD KEEP ME BUSY IN MY SPARE TIME!!! I JUST SAW #17 AND IT WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT TO PICK JUST ONE ANNOYING THING!!!! I FEEL BETTER ALREADY AND I HAVEN'T EVEN BEGUN!!

PPS~ OMG!! I JUST HEARD THAT MY NOT FILLING MY CLOSETS WITH STARBUCK'S HAS CAUSED THE COMPANY'S STOCKS TO PLUMMET 50% OVER THE LAST YEAR!!! AND THEY HAD TO BRING IN THE OLD CEO TO BE THE NEW CEO!!! AND HE MAY CLOSE DOWN SOME USA BRANCH STORES AND INSTEAD CONCENTRATE ON OPENING MORE NEW STORES OVERSEAS!! THAT'S RIGHT STARBUCKS....SEE IF YOU CAN "WIRE" THE ENTIRE WORLD UP!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-09-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:58 AM   #92  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

First of all a great big THANK YOU for all of the motivating things you guys have posted over the last week. I haven't had a chance to look at everything yet but what I've seen has been very helpful to kickstart the brain on the right track!!!

Mel - I knew you quitting Starbucks would eventually ripple down to company problems but at least we don't have to holler at you to get off the caffiene anymore Hope everything goes well at the dentist tomorrow. Ugh.

Painter - so glad to hear you are painting again. That always seems so therapudic (sp?) for you. Thanks for the list of questions - I think that's just what I need.

Madcat - I didn't know Cirque originated from Canada. The show was just incredible. I think I got into it more than DH or my friends - there's so much going on that you have to see it more than once. Hope you're feeling better soon. Have the sniffles moved to your tummy?

Shy - just like Mel said - didn't the warm weather make you feel WONDERFUL??? Be careful with those knees.

Ceejay - are you ok? Heard on the news yesterday that there were tornadoes and high winds in your town. It was an ugly storm that passed through.

Carla - have you tried and eliptical at the gym? How does it compare to the gazelle? I tried a gazelle once - it seems wierd. I would love to get an eliptical for home but it just takes up too darn much space. And just what do you do on the rebounder? Guess I could look up exercises on the internet but it's easier to ask someone else

Shad - sounds like you're winding down at work. hoping that things work out for the work at home gig.

Hello Patty, Ruth, Holly Another day of on the run. Later chicks
Old 01-09-2008, 08:58 AM   #93  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mel, I wish I had your constant and uplifting enthusiasm. I'm dragging a bit and can hardly wait to get this damned knee fixed. Today it won't bend without pain so I'm icing it and hoping I can drive Hershey and me to Pet Therapy for noon. She also has her "annual" at the vet later so I must get mobile. Good old Aleve may help.

I've not been in much and barely have time to read let alone post personals. So stupid but I have a ton of stuff to get done before my operation on the 24th...newsletters, AGM reports and tax crud to gather and get started. And then there are the newbies in South Beach and the new Medifast forum.

More pre-op stuff yesterday when I met with the admitting nurse and my cute anaesthetist. He is going to give me a spinal so I can admire him during the operation! A McCutie but looks about 15! All is well except for my weight but I dropped two pounds last night which means I'll be 26 pounds lighter by the 24th - I wish!

Take a look at our new home page at www.3fatchicks.com. It's looking good. Suzanne pilled an all-nighter.

By the way, my birthday is the 14th. I'll be 69 which is one of my favourite numbers. They don't call me xxx for nothing!

It's still mild but very windy. The thud I just heard was a wicker porch chair blowing over. I never did get them put away this fall but they were handy for the Christmas Eve smokers. The porch is covered.

Gotta limp outta here.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #94  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Ruth
Are you saying you are a tart? lolololol. Why does Hershey go to therapy? Sorry about your knee, you know won't be long and it will feel so much better.
Happy birthday in case I forget. Nice going on the weight loss. That has to make you feel good.

Happy
The warm weather was wonderful. I spent 2 or 3 hours cleaning the front and back yard. It was so nice to be outside. I didn't do the two mile walking video because I did so much in the yard. I know I walked at least 2 miles lol.

Melody
I don't drink star bucks, most gosh that stuff is expensive lol. I have a yucky tummy. Is getting much much better since all those darn meds are gone. I would go months that all I could eat was baby food. You know you get quite use to it lol. Poor kids they need spices to their food is all I can say lol. The fruits and deserts are quite good aren't they lol. I have probably lost weight just getting rid of all the baby food lol.

Painter
Glad you got some art done. I know it is good for you.

Mad
She said squats were ok but since I do two of the walking/aerobic videos a day I shouldn't do anymore than what are already in the videos and to take it easy only lift the knee as high as it wants to go. Let is get better before I bring it up to my chin lol. Chocolate is one of the things that really messes with my tummy two so it was something I never ate much of. Well, so does mountain dew but that is another story. A week without mountain dew is a week without sunshine lol.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Did I miss the link or did you just mention the fact that you had new exercises to do.

Happy
It got a little scarey yesterday. Looked outside once to see bluish green skies. Guess this is when the smaller towns got hit. The boss called me and had me to pump out the back wash pit. It's under ground. I told him I would not go down in that hole but he over ruled. This is where all the yucky stuff from the filters go after a back wash procedure. This building has stood other tornado's. I'm glad the tornado sirene did not go off.

Reenie and Ruth
Hope your knee's are better.

Carla, Madcat, Shad,Painter Woman and any others that I've missed Hello,

Not much is going on. I started phase two yesterday. I think I'm ready to start counting calories again. If not I'll go back to phase 1. My calorie range will be from 1400/1600 and fat grams 40.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-09-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #96  

Helloooooooooooooooooo!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #97  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Another day in the windy city. Anyone who tells me that Wellington is windy, I will refer them to Perth. I even think it would beat Chicago as well, together and at the same time.

Ticker is counting down. I actually changed mine to 5.00pm because I shan't be anywhere near the office at that time.

Exercise this morning was to go up and down the apartment block stairs. Last time I did it, I managed 8 times in 30 minutes - 97 steps up and 97 down (now there's a surprise), today I managed 10 times. I don't actually think I have stopped sweating yet. Last time I did this, the legs ached for about three days. I'll let you know how this one goes. Good cardio that!

Painter - back painting. Hallelujah. Well done. I might take a look at the questions later. I just did a right brain, left brain quiz sent by my friend in Arizona. I am (just 55% to 45%) right brained. I have excellent non-verbal skills, my verbal skills are not good. Am I in the wrong job?????

So Mel - you've caused Starbucks to tumble. Sorry, I didn't like their stuff anyway so it's not a problem for me. Still I don't like seeing companies go under but I think it has more to do with the US economy slowing and mortgage rates etc increasing so people can't afford expensive coffee's anymore.

Happy - please uncross your fingers. It's very difficult to do even the basic things with fingers crossed. Back on the treadmill of work again?? Never seems to end does it.
Thanks for thinking of me with this job. I've sent them my CV and will meet the MD and Training boss on Friday for coffee. I hope it will lead to being able to work extra rather than just working from home. It's the sort of job that you can take with you provided you can get Internet access from wherever you are. And working from home will be an added bonus though I will have to get cracking and set up a room for my computer. It won't be able to live in the bedroom as it does now.

Ruth - hope that leg/ knee comes around to your way of thinking. Bet you can't wait to get it fixed. Does Delta have a hospital or do you have to hit the big smoke to get it done. We'll send Carla up (if you go to Ottawa) to get you moving on the rebounder and Madcat over (if you have to go to Toronto) with her bike - that'll get you moving!!!!
Better put Rennie out of her misery and tell her about Hershey's therapy. A more well adjusted dog we've yet to meet (well apart from the sleeping on the foot fetish that is). If you lost 2lb last night, will you lose 3lb tonight???

Rennie - look after the knees. Otherwise you might end up like Ruthxxx

Ceejay - hope they provide you with protective clothing to go down into the bilges. What a yucky job!

Hollyhock

Okay, that's it. I'm moving along. Lots to do today, people to hack off again. Found 3 things wrong in the system yesterday. Will dig a little harder today and see if I can break it again.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:09 AM   #98  

I love all the feisty avatars you guys have put up!
Apologies to all or any who just pressed PRINT without checking to see how long the manual is. Like I said, I'm only up to question 30 in my journal! (AND it's helped me stay more on track.)

Glad you Missourans/Chicago'ns et al didn't get blown away by tornadoes or bopped on the head with the big hail. Who heard of such a thing in JANUARY?

MCat- sorry to hear about your tender tummy (and knees).
Ruth- hope your surgery is easy peasy and that the MD lives up to your expectations. (And that the PT folks do the same.) You are a scamp, not a tramp!

Shad- You are such a hard worker. Glad both sides of your brain are working!

I am current on my WW food tracking!
And willing to consider resuming physical activity!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:58 AM   #99  
Happy September

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS RUTH!!!

I WOULD RATHER BE WRONG AND HAVE THE WRONG DAY THAN MISS YOUR BIRTHDAY. SORRY I FORGOT TO REMIND THE OTHERS AGAIN YESTERDAY!! HOPE YOUR DAY IS A SPECIAL ONE!!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:00 AM   #100  
Happy September

No Time For Chit Chat Gotta Run. If I Get Back Early I'll Stop In. And Food Shopping Is Tomorrow In The Morning Also.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:08 AM   #101  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well! It's nice to get Birthday Wishes early! I actually took down the outside Christmas lights this morning, something I usually do on the 14th. It's springlike out there and I even felt I should be gardening.

Rennie, my Hershey is very well-adjusted and works as a therapy dog in nursing homes, clinics and hospitals. We do about six hours most weeks at three different places. It's for Thera Paws and is very rewarding for us both although tiring sometimes.

Gotta dash as I need to be in town for a haircut by 9:30 and need to scrape the manure off my boots before I go in. I wouldn't want them to think I was from the country!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:28 AM   #102  
Choose your hard

Howdy ladies,

Sleepy morning today. Thunderstorms outside. Achy sinus head inside 60 degrees now - 40 degrees on Sunday. What rollercoaster weather we have.

Ruth - guess nuttin' says country like poopy boots Where'd you get manure this time of year? Oh and the new home page looks FABULOUS - kudos to Suzanne once again

Happy shopping Mel. Pick up the good stuff!

Painter - good to hear you're on the WW tracking. I find it's a good first step and my first resolution is to just LOG and not be critical about it. Keep up the good work. I do agree that answering some of the questions on the list keeps you focused.

Shad on doing ALL of those stairs. Whatta woman!!!! That is fantastic exercise. I can see why you'd be looking like you rode a horse too long afterwards Just keep stretching in the shower.

Hello back at yah Holly

Ceejay - are you doing phase 2 of South Beach or Best Life? Notice they changed the wording on SB and are calling it South Beach Living. The new 2008 trend is to not use the word Diet. No diet soda, no diet meals. Always a gimmick.

Rennie - doesn't Mountain Dew have tons of caffeine in it? I thought it was one of the highest. I know what you mean about it feeling good to be outside in the warm air

Sending some get well lovin' to the Madcat. And a cup of feel better juice to spinnin' Carla and her sore back. Hope you ladies feel better soon.

Time to run. Have some fun today.

Oh and I did go out yesterday at lunch and walk the walking path around the little pond at our office complex. It was hard - I am so out of shape but I told myself the first time is the worst and it will get easier after this. Did pretty good on my eating too. Opted for a serving of cooked carrots over french fries with my chicken salada at lunch. Breakfast was oatmeal.

Last edited by happy2bme; 01-10-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:34 AM   #103  
Choose your hard

Geez, I guess it is the 10th already. Wow is time flying.

Happy Birthday Ruth
Old 01-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #104  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

May I too, join you girls on this thread? I have been reading you for about 4 months and just love it. I know Holly from another thread. Hi Holster!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #105  
Choose your hard

Hi Annie -

Just be forewarned that we let you in but we never let you leave
Closed Thread