3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The January Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/129440-january-club.html)

mtiger 05-12-2008 08:00 PM

Weight has stayed the same for 3 days now. TOM is waiting in the wings. That always makes it hard to lose squat. Last night I tried some new DVD's and they kicked my butt, literally. I thought I would never breathe again when I was finished.

Walked with Kelly today, I even got her to jog a little. Day 1 this week. She is shooting for 4 days with me. Came home and started working outside. I am adding some creeping phlox where it died this winter. It is so pretty when it starts to fill in. My children also got me plants for Mother's Day. I have to get them in the ground also. So much to do, so little time. I can't wait for summer vacation.:flow2::flow1:

Keep up the good work girls. We are having successes. :carrot:

WardHog 05-13-2008 06:56 AM

Hi guys. I haven't checked in for a couple of days. Sunday I ran again, about 4.2 mi (50 min) and yesterday did Group Power plus 45 min of cardio. Today I'll do Group Ride + additional cardio. The bad news is that the past two days have been pretty binge-y - way off plan. I am back on today. I am.

I hope everyone is doing well!

MyChoice2bfit 05-13-2008 09:39 AM

Good morning,

I'm very tired this morning and that's not a good thing. I want to eat to get energy. I've had my breakfast and I also had a hot chocolate. I'm trying really hard not to go for a sugary pastry.

It's going to be a struggle to stay on plan today but I know I can and I must.

Ward: Glad to see you back, I know how it can be when things get busy. It's so easy to get off track. Good job for getting back on.

Mindy: If the scales don't move or give you the number you want during TOM just know that will pass and soon you will be on your way again.

Kelly: Good for you for running with Mindy.

mtiger 05-13-2008 07:08 PM

Hey There!! Kelly and I did my new DVD tonight. It is only about 15 or 20 min. but it is kickboxing with Kim from BL. It is pretty tricky and requires a lot of balance. I had done it once, so Kelly and I struggled through it. It is actually kind of fun. Then she walked with me for a bit and I kept going with some jogging added in just for fun.

Scale was up today (a pound) but you know who is just aroung the corner, so I really am not worried. I'm learning to relax a bit.

Wardhog- Great job on the running. That is my goal.Tonight I did a total of 30 min., probably 12 min. of jogging. I'm trying to work it up.

Susie- Stay away from the sweets. Just don't do it. Hey, that's kind of like the NIKE commercial backwards. You are strong, you will survive without sweet, ooey, gooey, very bad for you, artery clogging, cellulite adding sweetness. I think you get the point.

Check ya' all tom.

WardHog 05-14-2008 12:44 PM

Hey guys!

How did it go yesterday, Susie?

Mindy, I love kick boxing! Don't you feel like a bad *** doing all that punching? So fun.

Today I did Group Power and 45 min of cardio. I was on plan yesterday and on track for today.

Have a great day! See you tomorrow!

mtiger 05-14-2008 07:42 PM

The kickboxing is actually fun. I wish my balance was better for all the kicks. We had such a good time with it last night, we did it again today. Then I walk/jog for 25 min. Kelly and I have worked out 3 days together. She can't stay tom. though. :mad:

Well, tom. is TOM so I hope the scale will make some progress after that. Work sucks!!!:devil: It would take forever to explain it all, but I basically have to leave K and don't know what I'll be doing next year. I hate this, I hate this. None of my options are great, but not knowing is worse. GRR!!!

Talk to you later.

WardHog 05-15-2008 01:01 PM

Mindy, I am so sorry about work. I know my daughter's teacher has taught K for like 20 years and if she had to switch grades, it would be awful for her!

Today I did Group Ride plus 52 min of cardio. I stayed on plan yesterday and I am on track so far today. I am doing three low calorie days to try to make up for my two binge-y days Sunday and Monday. I'll get back on the cycle tomorrow. My weight is still up some, so it's not looking good for my weigh-in tomorrow.

Have a great day, all!

MyChoice2bfit 05-15-2008 02:59 PM

Hi,

I missed you all yesterday. I was busy at work and I had a jewlery party for my sister-in-law who sells it so it was a busy day. I left work 2 hr's early to get things ready for the party.

I have done pretty well with my food this week. I have stayed in my points range BUT it's been a busy week and I didn't make room for exercise. I haven't been able to sign up at the work gym because I have to have a release from my doctor due to my thryoid issue. My doctor said she has to see me to sign the release--even though she sees me every 3 month--I wasn't happy about that, but I do have an appointment with her on Monday so I should have that up and running soon.

Mindy: If you have a gain around TOM then the next week I bet you will have a BIG loss as long as you keep doing what you have been doing.

I'm sorry to hear about your work situation. Just remember, a door closes so a window can open. It will all work out. Hang in there.

Ward: I hope those 2 small slip-up don't mess up the scales but if they do, you know how to change them to get the results you want.

Kelly: It sounds like you and Mindy are kicking it up in the exercise dept. Post when you can and let us know how you are doing.

mtiger 05-15-2008 09:15 PM

WOW!! Just finished Jillian's Shred DVD level 2. This was the second time I've done it and it is KILLER!! Then I WATP for 15 min., then I went and weed wacked for about 15 min. Needless to say, I'm not sure where my arms are even getting the strength to type. All this and TOM to boot. I think I will just pass out soon and it's only 9:00. Well I am hoping to make some progress this week.

Susie- So did you get a lot of jewelry? Keep working hard. I see your ticker says 4 pounds gone. YEAH!!!

Wardhog- This is truly the worst thing our district does. It makes such a mess for teachers and students. It looks like I will be a literacy teacher next year, helping students who are behind. That is if things don't change yet again. So I won't actually have my own classroom anymore. We'll see what happens.

Gotta go do a few things before I drop.

WardHog 05-16-2008 12:28 PM

I love Jillian. :) I downloaded the Australian Biggest Loser, seasons 1 and 2 and I am slowly working my way through them. I wonder when the new season starts.

Susie, do you get a consultation with a personal trainer when you join the gym? I would love to have a trainer but we just can't afford it.

I did Group Power and 50 min of cardio today. I felt lazy and unmotivated this morning, but now I can check it off the list. I stayed on plan yesterday and I'm on track for today. We have a luau we're going to on Saturday. That means food and more food, plus drinks. And I have to make a dessert to bring. Every social occasion seems to revolve around food.

See you guys tomorrow.

mtiger 05-16-2008 08:57 PM

I am having a tough time making any progress this week. I was up to 222.6 today. I understand the week belongs to TOM, but I have been working hard and sticking to 1300-1400 calories. Something good should happen, please. Just finished WATP 45 min. walk. COme on scales, come on.:goodscale

We did our whole job reassignment over yesterday, and I was still able to choose the literacy position. Today I find out, we might have to do it again, because yet another position may be cut. This person wants the literacy position and would quite frankly suck at it. Oh my, when will this disaster be over and settled. :(

I hope it is nice tom. becuse i have a ton to do outside.
Talk later.

WardHog 05-18-2008 12:15 PM

Maybe you need to eat more, Mindy. I don't know.

Yesterday I did Group Ride + 52 min additional cardio. Today I just did a couple hours of yard work. We're going swimming later, too. I stayed on plan yesterday despite going to the luau last night (yay!) and I am on track for today.

I hope you are having a good week-end!

MyChoice2bfit 05-18-2008 10:07 PM

I had a busy weekend! My friend who has 4 girls, 7,4 and 11 months went to a wedding with her husband in Cleveland yesterday. I offered to keep the older two girls so that she would only have to find a babysitter for the twins. I'm really close to all the girls I call them my nieces. I was there when they were all born. I had a 9:00 a.m pedicure appointment then I took the girls to cheerleading, then we came home and they watched tv while I did some laundry. Then we went to get lunch and grocery shopping. Then the 7 yr old had a birhtday party/ hot dog roast to attend and we took the 4 year old to the park to play for a bit and had dinner. Picked up the 7 year old and did bath's and watched a movie. I was TIRED by the time it was time to go to bed.

I don't know how mothers do it everyday! You all are my heros.

I didn't make it to my TOPS group Thursday due to a late night at work. So, I"m not sure what my weight is. I am continuing to journal my food and my points and I"m pretty much on plan. I'm looking forward to getting started at my gym at work this week. It's going to be nice to have two places to workout and NO excuse for not getting in at least a 30 min workout each day.

Mindy: Keep doing what you are doing, it will show on the scales. You asked about my jewlery party. I did have a very successful party. I had over $1000 in sales and that netted me $500 in free jewlery!

Ward:Good job for staying on plan at the luau! You asked if the gym at work and yes, I get a consultation with a personal trainer. I'm excited about that!

mtiger 05-19-2008 10:53 AM

Susie- WOW!! Great job with the party. That is awesome. Yes children keep you busy. More so when they are young or school age. Mine, being grown, are not so much work. It turns into more financial support than anything else. My daughter has to move in to a new apartment for the next two months. I should go up and help her next weekend. She got a job Saturday, working at the racetrack. She will help feed, walk, exercise horses etc. She will be very busy with school and then this job. She loves it.

Wardhog- I don't want to mess with calories right now. I did that about a month ago and it just got me all messed up. I think I just need to stick with what I'm doing and hopefully I'll see results. I snuck out the tape measure this morning. Good news there. Another 3 inches from various places. That is since May 1. Maybe I am building some new muscle with the 2 new videos I've been doing. I am hoping that is the case.

See ya ll tom.

MyChoice2bfit 05-19-2008 01:28 PM

Hi,

I thought I would do a quick check-in. I'm doing well today, on plan and writing down my food and adding up my points AS I eat it.

I see my doctor today and will get the release to work out at the work gym. I'm really excited about it. It will give me such an opportunity to not miss a workout if I can't do one when I get home. I used to be really good at going ot the Y to workout at lunch if I couldn't do it when I got home but not working and living in the same town had me limited...and now I won't be. And it's only a extra $20 a month. That's not to bad for options!

Mindy: How nice for your daughter to get the job and doing something that she likes. How nice for you that you are seeing inches disapper!

Ward and Kelly: I'm looking forward to your posts and hearing how you are doing.

Ok..back to work...see you all tomorrow.