3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The January Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/129440-january-club.html)

MyChoice2bfit 03-18-2008 09:52 PM

Rain, Rain go away

Hi,

It has been raining here all day and my head is pounding due to the rain. I'm about to head to bed but I wanted to check in.

I'm staying in my calorie range which is 1800...putting it into the calorie-count.com is very helpful..it let's me see excatly where I am and what I can and can not have. I'm using it as a planning tool.

I had a great workout last night--I actually made it to the weight-room! Tonight I only did my walk for cardio...my head is just pounding to badly to do anything else.

Focult: It's great to hear from you again. We have missed you! That's so great about those 16W jeans

Mtiger: I know you posted that you were having a pity party....how are you doing? Don't give up!

Kelly and Wardhog: I hope you are having great on plan days.

I'll talk to everyone tomorrow...I'm headed to bed to sleep off this headache.

foucault 03-19-2008 12:25 AM

Susie - You should be proud of yourself for walking through a headache. I hope you're feeling better in the morning. I'm actually thinking of logging my food online like you gals. I've slacked off in my paper journal, and I don't want to get in the habit of not logging stuff. That's what threw me off the last time.

I was at 212.5 this morning when I weighed in. I'm so happy about that. I was beginning to worry about my 200 goal by my b-day at the end of the May. If I can get down to 210 by the end of the month, then I think I can still make goal. It's just so hard to predict when the weight will come off. For some reason I've gotten a lot of compliments lately. Even my boss's daughter (Miss Cheerleader) told her mother that I looked fantastic.

WardHog 03-19-2008 07:32 AM

Would you believe that I am sick again? This is the third time in two months, and I never get sick. I have barely eaten in the last two days and of course, have not exercised. I am going to take it easy today and see how I feel tomorrow.

I hope you are all doing well!

mtiger 03-19-2008 10:35 AM

Good Morning

I am sorry to hear that people are feeling yucky. I had a terrible headache the other day but it was due to TOM, I'm sure. Susie- we had the rain also. Today looks much better though. I had a robin in my tree this morning, singing away. My chickens have started laying eggs again and the roosters are crowing. I think spring is coming. Yeah!:)

Foucault- So glad to see you back and with such exciting news. Size 16! Wow, I wish I could get there. It will happen eventually, right? :p

Everyone- I love recording my foods. It keeps me on track. Here's a funny story. Went to dinner with Kelly's family last night. Pizza Hut. I had calories for pizza, so O.K. She told me in her book a slice was like 150 calories. I thought it was low, but said oh well. Had two slices. When I looked them up, they were 390 a piece. Yikes!! Today she showed me her book and she was correct. I think the diff. was her book was for thin and we had pan. Huge difference. I felt so guilty, I worked out for 45 min. instead of 30. The moral of the story- this is why I look up everything before I eat it. :?:

So after my pity party earlier this week, the scale has started to be kind. If it stays off I am down to 223, I can brag 20 pounds lost. :crossed: That is about 2 pounds since last Thurs. Hope tom. weigh-in will be good. I know Kelly has been doing well.

Keep up the good work everyone.;)

Kelly530 03-19-2008 08:47 PM

So, I am having a "terrible" problem, just like you Foucault. I bought 2 new pairs of pants a couple weeks ago, but the rest of my pants are falling off. If I take off my belt, they literally fall off when I am walking. So, that's my "problem", and I'll take it!

Foucault, I am close to your weight now, 216, so I am hoping to see those size 16's soon! I was excited to get into an 18 in the new pants I bought. I sometimes have a skewed view of what size I should fit in at certain weights. I never thought losing almost 20 pounds would put me down 2 sizes. So, anyway Foucault, congrats on the 16's--you deserve it!

Mychoice--I am so glad you have discovered calorie count.com. Like Mindy, I look up everything before I eat it. It doesn't necessarily change what I eat, it really just determines portion size for me. For example, tonight I had chicken, noodles, and a salad. Believe it or not, the salad was the highest in calorie because I can't stand the light and fat free dressings. But, knowing that, I had only a half piece of chicken, one serving of noodles (1 cup) and the salad. I even used a cheese on my salad that was half cheddar and half mozzarella, because it was only 80 calories per serving instead of 140. So, it really does pay to check out calories before you eat. Good for you for sticking with it and for exercising--it sounds like you are doing great!

Wardhog--It is unbelievable that you are sick again!!?? I guess that's our body's way of slowing us down. Get better soon!

Mindy--It's all us tomorrow. I can feel it in my bones. I knew you would start dropping pounds as soon as that pesky TOM ran for the hills. I hate to say "I told you so"... I'm glad for your sanity that it is working out. Good workout tonight, girl. That stanky sweat didn't go away for a while, but I think the pizza from last night did.:D

mtiger 03-20-2008 02:18 PM

It's Friday

Well it is Friday for me and Kelly. No school tom., because of good Friday. You won't believe what happened today at our weigh-in. We got to take off our shoes this time. I lost 5.5 and Kelly lost 4 I believe. 9.5 pounds together. It was like 4.2 percent. We had it in the bag, right? HA! The last person to weigh in lost 9.5 pounds this week. What the **** is up with that? :mad:So of course, they won and we came in second. It is our private joke that we are always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

We are both really happy though with the progress we have made. I actually only lost 4 pounds this week on my scale, and I will take it. I am kissing the teens. Come on teens. I want some size 18 pants too. :flow2:

Wardhog- Hope you get to feeling well this weekend.

Foucault- Under 200 would be amazing. You can do it. I joined a Memorial Day challenge and want to lose 15 by then. We can do this. Good luck!

Susie- Didn't hear from you yesterday. Hope your day went well.

Have a great Easter girls. Don't eat too much and try to get in a workout or two.

MyChoice2bfit 03-20-2008 02:51 PM

The sun is out--Happy Spring!

Hi Ladies,

I missed you guys yesterday. I usually try to pop on at work and I didn't get the chance too.

I'm doing ok. Still dealing with a bit of a headache but it's much better today.

I will weigh-in to TOPS tonight and I'm hoping that my 1800 calorie effort is going to show.

I've had two people ask me if I'm losing weight; I think it's because I haven't been eating all the sugar and so my body doesn't look bloated. The compliments are nice and I can't wait to have 20 lbs off so I can really look thinner and have people asking.

Focult: I am keeping a paper log--so I don't forget what I ate and then logging it into the computer so I can keep track. It is helping me to stay focused.

Wardhog: I'm sorry you are sick again. I know how it goes; I had so much recurring sickness at the beginning of the year. Taking it easy is a good thing for a few days.

Mindy and Kelly: you to ROCK!

I'm off work tomorrow and I'm looking forward to the 3-day weekend. I will be around and posting.

mtiger 03-21-2008 08:58 AM

Good Morning

Well it is good Friday and I enjoyed staying in bed a little longer and not having to get up and go to work. It truly is a "good Friday" The scale was kind today. I was at 221. I am down 3.5 for the week. :dancer: I have got to get used to how my body loses weight. I can go for weeks without any real loss and then lose big. You think I'd know by now. But I still get all depressed on those weeks when not much happens. I need to chillax. It is coming off. My next big goal is to get into the teens. I can't believe I am this close.

Susie- good idea to write everything down also. I do both. A written log and then I transfer to calorie-count. They don't always match, but they are close. The thing I like about calorie-count is the weight log. I enter my weight everyday and it shows me a graph of my loss. That way I can see that I am really going down pretty steadily. It makes me feel good. Good job on the counting calories. I know it's tough. Keep up the good work.;)

Kelly- keep up the good work. We will be the "brides" in June. You know we are going to stick to it, where others are going to slack off. 9.5 pounds in a week, because it was the last chance. Do you know she even changed her clothes after weighing in.:?:

Have a great SPRING weekend everyone. I'll check in with you all tom.

WardHog 03-21-2008 01:01 PM

Mindy and Kelly - great job! woo-hoo!

Susie - I hope your weigh-in goes well.

I worked out at low intensity yesterday (Group Ride) and today (Group Power, then Group Centergy). I ate mostly carbs when I had the stomach thing, but I got back on plan yesterday and I am on track for today. Sunday I will stray for sure. I pretty much maintained last week, weighed 146.4 this morning after seeing 144.0 one day.

Have a great week-end everyone! Happy Easter if you celebrate.

WardHog 03-22-2008 04:03 PM

Hey guys - I guess I am feeling better because I had a "good" workout today. Group Ride class, 34 min on the elliptical and 34 min walk on the treadmill (2.15 mi). Eating was on plan yesterday and today. Tomorrow will be a different story, so I need to get back to it on Monday morning. I will be in Disney in two weeks, wearing a swimsuit. :eek:

mtiger 03-22-2008 09:15 PM

Wardhog- It looks like you and I are the only ones out and posting this weekend. I just have to. It helps keep me on track and it just feels good. Glad you are getting back to your old self and working hard. Just be careful tom. and have a little of everything. You should be okay. We have nothing special planned so I will be alright.

I did the BL DVD tonight and added about 5 min. of level 2. Boy do I feel like I worked. 5 min. more doesn't sound like much, but it felt like it.

I bought new knit stretchy pants today in a Large. The extra- larges are getting too big.:spin: I have had a great week, so I should be expecting it to slow down soon. That is just what my body does. We'll see.

Talk to whoever is on tom.

foucault 03-22-2008 09:52 PM

WardHog - I'm glad you've feeling better and you've managed to get over the cold you had.

Mindy - It's great to finally figure out how your body works in regards to weight loss. Mine does the same thing yours does. I'll not lose for a week or two, then have a couple weeks where I drop big. It's weird, but we just have to remember not to be too bummed out about the no-loss weeks. And congrats on the big loss this week! That's fantastic! You're so close to the teens!!!

Kelly - Hey, that's a great problem to have! ;-) I'll take pant-falling-off to pants-don't-fit any day of the week.

Susie - Isn't it amazing how fast people can tell a difference when you start losing? I hope your weigh-in was a good one!

I'm doing well. I was off work yesterday, so I walked 3.75 miles, then I did that again today. I've been watching my calorie intake, and I'm falling somewhere between 1600 and 1700. The scale was down to 211 yesterday morning, but that may just be some weird fluke. I'd really like to see that number again when I weigh-in on Tuesday, though. I've been asked to bring dessert to dinner on Sunday at the boyfriend's mom's house. I'm making brownies and a strawberry swirl cake. I'm not going to eat any of it, though. Well, maybe a little piece of the cake.

MyChoice2bfit 03-23-2008 08:35 AM

Easter morning

Hello Everyone,

Sorry to not post the past couple of days. We have friends here from Missiouri and it's been busy. I haven't been able to log my food in calorie-count but I'm writing it down. I will get back to logging today. Company is leaving after Easter Dinner.

I am happy to report a 1.75 lb loss at my weigh-in on Thursday. I plan on another loss next Thursday. It could be a tough week for me with stress eating and my DH bought me some Easter Candy. I told him not to and he looked so sad so I said, ok, one box of peeps and of course he bought me two. So, today I will allow myself 4 of them, 110 calories and tomorrow, they are going to work and I'll put them out on this file cabinet that is far away from my cubicle and where people also put out candy and I'll let the masses have them.

I asked him why he would buy me those when I asked him not to. He said because he knows I like them. Well...I would like a new t-shirt to workout in or new workout socks. I told him this..but I guess he's used to my old ways.

Ok..I need to get busy and get ready for church.

I'll try to do personals later.

:bunny2:

WardHog 03-23-2008 10:23 AM

Foucault & Mychoice - congratulations on the losses!

My gym is closed today so I decided to run outside. It has probably been a year since I did that, because of various injuries. Anyway, it was AWESOME! I did two laps of my very hilly neighborhood, 4.2 mi in 44 minutes. I think it's a personal best. I stayed on plan yesterday but today we are going to my Mom & Dad's. My Mom is making healthier stuff this year because one of my brothers is on weight watchers. Still, I am sure there will be tempting treats. It's too bad, because I saw 144.8 on the scale this morning. Ah, well - back to the plan tomorrow.

Happy Easter, y'all!

Kelly530 03-24-2008 07:13 PM

It feels like forever since I've been on--glad to see everyone's doing well. Losses for everyone! I, too, have lost. 3 more pounds since the 4 from last week. Feels great! I somehow managed to stay on plan for easter as far as my eating goes. I didn't work out all weekend because I felt crummy. My back hurt and I was nauseous all weekend. I'm feeling better today, so I need to get some exercise in tonight. Mindy and I had a meeting after school today, so we couldn't work out together:(