3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The January Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/129440-january-club.html)

mtiger 04-30-2008 05:31 PM

Here goes, it's a long story.

We just found out that our admin. is cutting 4 teachers from our building. 2 Kinder, a 1st and a 4th. I am one of the K to get cut. That means we will all have to start bumping other people out of their positions. It is a nightmare. I will have to pack up my stuff, teach either a 5th, 4/5 split or literacy in the fall. There is a good chance i could come back to K when they realize how stupid this was and they sit with 50 kids in the other 2 classrooms come fall. It is ridiculus what they do and how badly it messes everything up for all. Especially the kids. Can you imagine being in a class of 50 and then after a few weeks moving to new rooms. URGH!!

So needless to say that is weighing heavily on my mind. Add to that the fact that I cannot figure out how to start losing again. I have a long ways to go and it should be easier right now. I'm lost. So I'm just sown in the dumps all around. I think I need a vacation from life.

See ya tom.

Kelly530 04-30-2008 08:58 PM

On Monday, Mindy and I walked 40 minutes, some outside, some inside. I had to stop at one point because I had a parent show up for a conference about 45 minutes late. That was annoying.:devil: Today, we did the Biggest Loser Cardio DVD, which is a real butt kicker. It felt really good though. My back problems seem to have disappeared, and I think I know the reason. My daughter had mono this month, and her doctor thinks I may have given it to her because I was tired, had cold symptoms, and muscle aches (my back) during spring break. I just thought I was tired from working in the yard and had allergies! So, at least we're getting better and my back doesn't hurt anymore!

Mindy--I agree, work sucks. More for you than me, obviously, but I feel terrible about the situation you are in. Janan as well. It is just so unnecessary!

Wardhog--I can't believe you ran 10 miles!!!! That is so awesome! My dad used to run cross country and 5K's, 10K's, etc. He always wanted to run a marathon before he turned 50. But, life got in the way, and he didn't accomplish that goal.

Susie--I too, try to stay under 1500 calories per day. I have thought the last few days about switching it up somehow, because I seem to have hit a plateau. I might lower to 1400, I don't know. A couple things that help me stay on track are: #1: Jello cups. The sugar free cups in the refrigerator section are only 10 calories, and I feel like I have had my sweet fix at the end of a meal. I am one of those people who feel like a meal isn't complete without dessert. (Isn't that sad?) #2: WW Smart Ones Shrimp Marinara. I love that microwave meal. It really fills me up, and it's one of the lowest calorie ones I have found. It is only 180 calories. (Followed by Jello of course!)

I am really interested in what other people eat for dinner. My breakfast and lunch are pretty standard, but dinner is always a higher calorie meal in my house.

See you all soon!

MyChoice2bfit 05-01-2008 10:06 AM

Hi,

I stayed within my range yesterday but was at the top of it. Who knew that a grilled cheese had 13 points! I've learned a lesson to look it up before I eat it. That's why I'm carrying around my point book. I did just that this morning when they said we have doughnuts. One is 6 points. I know that tonight will be a fast food night so I have to watch my points early today, so I passed on the doughnuts.

I had a good 45 min stationary bike ride last night at the Y. I was there by myself, my workout partner couldn't meet me, so I had my new Shape magazine and my Ipod. This really cute college kid, who I see playing basketball when I walk the track, came to use the bike beside me. We got to talking and it made the time go by quickly. Also, he was pedaling fast so it made me up my speed too...this was a good thing.

Tonight is my TOPS weighin. I have no idea how the scales are going to go.

Mindy: I'm sorry to hear about your job problems. It would be depressing but just know that overeating won't make the problem any better or go away. Hopefully things will turn around in the fall.

Ward: I think the switch-up would be a good thing. We have to trick our bodies sometimes.

Kelly: I know that I will have to lower my points as I lose weight. You asked about what people eat for dinner. I would like to know that too. Mine varies and I don't eat much meat. I do like the jello idea that you gave me, I also want something sweet at the end of meal. I'm going to put those jellos on my grocery list.

Ok..back to work for me. See you all tomorrow

WardHog 05-01-2008 05:43 PM

Susie, I'm jealous. There are never cute guys at my gym when I'm there! Great workout!

Mindy, I am sorry about the job situation. If I were a parent with kids at your school, I think I would be really upset!

Kelly, good news about your back!

Today I did 30 min on the elliptical, Group Ride, and 22 min on the stair mill. I stayed on plan yesterday and I'm on track for today (day 21). I am going to try the calorie cycling, starting tomorrow. I hope it makes a difference.

See you guys tomorrow!

mtiger 05-01-2008 06:44 PM

Hi there!! Wow everybody has posted recently. Good for us girls. Still trying to keep my head up about work. Good news, it is not sending me running for food. Here's the bad news. My new scale sucks just as bad, if not worse than the other one. I can get a range of 3 pounds getting on and off it in a few minutes. I gave up trying to figure out my weight for today. I am taking it back to Walmart, no receipt, no box and insisting they exchange it due to defects.

Susie- Good luck at the weigh-in and way to go working out with the good looking guy. Watch out for those sneeky grilled cheese, they'll get ya. And you keep ignoring those evil doughnuts. :devil: They're in thick with the grilled cheese.

Wardhog- I wish the parents would raise an uproar. But our board and admin. are so ignorant, they wouldn't listen anyway. And they wonder why people leave our district. 21 days on plan. Good for you. :carrot:

Kelly- since we were supposed to measure and take pictures today, we will have to do it tom. I am still measuring today, just so you know. It is May 1st agter all. Let's also get in another good workout.:p

Dinners- Tonight is pork chop and veggies. I get these bags of mixed veggies, sometimes with cheese from Schwan's. I believe Birdseye also has stuff like that. I also do shrimp and veggies. One night was tacos. One night was Subway. Haven't done chicken breasts in a while. I have some good seasoning to put on them to make them yummy.

Tom. is my weigh-in. I would be delighted to see a 1 pound loss. Here's the question though. Which scale do I use? I can't trust the new one and I changed everything to match the new one. URGH!!! We shall see. Let ya know tom.

WardHog 05-02-2008 12:14 PM

Hey JC's! How were the weigh-ins today? I was down 1.2 to 141.4.

I often have frozen meals for dinner, but when I cook I usually bake/grill some chicken/fish/steak and serve it with potatoes/rice (which I give the family but don't eat) and veggies. I like the Bird's Eye baby vegetable blends. Their Steamfresh frozen vegetables are good and easy to prepare, too. Right now the zucchini and yellow squash are really cheap so I buy that and slice it up, add some chopped onion, salt and pepper and microwave it. My ungrateful children will not eat it, though. LOL

Today will be my first lower calorie day in the calorie cycle. yikes! I did Group Power + 45 min of cardio this morning and stayed on plan (day 22).

See you tomorrow!

WardHog 05-02-2008 12:14 PM

oops, double post. I am having trouble with the site today.

mtiger 05-02-2008 06:55 PM

Okay, here the straight sad truth. My new scale sucks too. I am unsure what my weight really was but I am going with 220. That would be down 1.5. I got that weight 4 times, but I also got 221.5 a few and 219.5 a couple. I am seriously taking it back this weekend.

Measurements. I am down 3.5 more inches since March 1. Total inches 15.5. I also realized I have lost 10 pounds in the 2 months of March and April. 10 pds., 3.5 inches. Sure wish it was more but oh well.

Wardhog- Congrats on the 1.2 pds. :cp::grouphug: Say goodbye to that fat. Let me know how the calorie cycling thing is working. I am interested in that myself.

Susie- Anxiously awaiting your weigh-in results. Hope it was good.

Talk to ya tom.

P.S. Tonight's workout with Kelly was hot. I mean literally sweating our butts off hot. :flame:

WardHog 05-03-2008 05:37 PM

Mindy, sorry about your scale. I have a Tanita one - I think it's a good brand if you can find one. 3.5 inches is fantastic! Congratulations.

Today I did Group Ride, then 52 minutes additional cardio. Oh, and I put my bike shorts on to find that there was a hole in the butt. I wonder how many classes I've done with my shorts like that. LOL! I stayed on plan yesterday (no problem with the lower calorie day) and I'm on track for today.

Hope you all are having a good week-end.

MyChoice2bfit 05-03-2008 09:38 PM

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I didn't make it here yesterday. I was really swammped at work...and on a friday too!

I am happy to report a 2 lb loss when I weighed in on Thursday night. I am also happy to report that I am on my 5th day of being on track and in my point range.

I am really happy to say that today because I'm a routine person and the weekends I really get out of my routine and then I tend to get overhungry and then I overeat. I made an effort today to eat at normal times and not let myself get over hungry.

Mindy: It's really a good thing to keep track of those measurements and look at them for results. Sometimes the scales just don't tell the whole truth.

Ward: Yeah! You stayed on track with your low-cal day. That was so funny about your shorts. I do things like that too! One time I kept wondering why the pockets on the shorts I had on were slanting backwards, well it was because I had my shorts on backwards! I didn't realize that until I went to use the rest room at the end of my 60 min workout, in the weight-room, with all those guys!

Kelly: Mindy said that you had a great workout...can't wait to see your post.

mtiger 05-04-2008 11:36 AM

Okay I returned the new scale and got a different one. It seems to be much more accurate. It goes by .2 increments and so far it doesn't vary much. Of course it weighs me a lot heavier than either of the other two scales. I think it's close to what I would weigh at school on the doctor's office type scale we use. I'll check them on Monday to see. So I have changed my info again to reflect the correct loss and current weight on the new scale. Yikes!! Is this the end of the adjustments?:?:

Susie- Weigh to go. You are sticking with it and getting results. Doesn't it feel great? Keep up the good work.

Wardhog- Well at least you had less butt to peek through that hole. :p So how many calories was your low day, and then what are you swinging to for a high day?

Kelly- Oh Kelly, it is the weekend. Where is your post?

I have been working out hard this week and my knees were really hurting yesterday. I am going to take it a little easy today. It is beautiful outside so I may just go for a walk. See ya all tom.

MyChoice2bfit 05-04-2008 12:16 PM

Hello,

We have sunshine today. It just makes me feel so much better!

I'm on track so far today with my points and I should be ok at the end of the day. I've planned what I'm eating and I counted the points, so it should be as easy to sticking to my planned foods.

I am going to go workout today as well. I love going to the Y on Sunday's, no one is there and it's just so nice and peaceful and it feels like my private gym. My workout plan is: 30 min on the bike, 20 min on the treadmill, upperbody workout with Natulis equipment and free weights and a new ab exercise that was in my Shape magazine.

Before all that I'm going to take a nap! ;)

Mindy: A walk on a beautiful day is a good plan. Be careful with those knees. You want to be able to continue to work out every day, not just hard for a couple of days. Also, good luck with this new scale.

Ward: What do you have planned for today?

Kelly: What have you been doing this weekend?

Looking forward to reading your posts later.

WardHog 05-04-2008 05:44 PM

Susie, how was your workout today? Any cute guys at the Y?

Mindy, I calculated the calories at this website - http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
You put in your info and then calculate the daily total. Then click where it says 7-day calorie cycle. It gives you two numbers, one for fat loss, which I thought was too high, and one for extreme fat loss, which I thought was too low. So, I pretty much averaged them and went with that. For me, it came up with Monday - 1494, Tuesday - 1233, Wednesday - 1799, Thursday - 1494, Friday - 1341, Saturday - 1646, Sunday - 1494. The low calorie days aren't so bad, although I think I'll be pretty hungry on Tuesdays. But I have Wednesdays to look forward to!

Anyway, as for me, first I went to the gym. I did a 5k in 30 min, 30 min on the elliptical, 30 min on the recumbent bike and 20 min on the stair mill. Then we went toilet shopping at Home Depot and Lowe's. woo-hoo! GA has a rebate plan if you replace your traditional toilets with low flow ones. We've been in a drought for like six years, so it seems like a good idea to do it. After that we went to Wal-Mart and when we got home I was wiped.

Eating was on plan yesterday and on track for today. I'll see you guys tomorrow!

WardHog 05-05-2008 01:37 PM

Hi y'all. How's your Monday going?

I went to the gym and did Group Power + 45 min on the elliptical. I stayed on plan yesterday and I'm on track for today (day 25)!

See you tomorrow!

mtiger 05-05-2008 07:22 PM

hi there. Not much to tell today. Kelly couldn't work out today, her daughter is sick again. So I am on my own for tonight. Knees are still hurting a bit, so I might just do WATP for 45 min/3 miles. I am really trying not to miss a single day. My daughter was home for the weekend and we just had dinner. Chicken breast, pasta salad, and cottage cheese. Yummy!!

Talk to you tom.