3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The January Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/129440-january-club.html)

mtiger 03-24-2008 09:11 PM

Just got done running errands and working out. I did the WATP video tonight. A quick 3 mile high calorie burn, as Leslie puts it. I still have to eat about 200 calories yet tonight. Better go do that soon.

I am up a little today, like normal. You know the up down thing. I am determined not to let it bother me and accept it for what it is. School was crawling with yummy stuff today. Choc. covered cherries, choc. cake, everybody was getting it out of their house. Tempting, but NO!:p

Kelly and I are back on schedule tom. I miss working out with her.

See ya all tom.

WardHog 03-25-2008 11:47 AM

Huh, I guess I didn't post yesterday. I had a dentist appointment so I just did 15 min on the elliptical and Group Power. Today I did 10 min (1 mi) on the treadmill, Group Ride, 21 min on the elliptical and 21 min on the stair mill. I ate a lot on Sunday but I haven't been tempted by the leftovers my Mom pushed on me. I was on plan yesterday and on track today.

Mindy, good job avoiding the treats!

mtiger 03-25-2008 07:14 PM

Hey things are pretty quiet around here. Haven't heard from very many people lately. How is everyone doing? Foucault, Susie, Kelly (haha). I went on after you left and did 3 miles in 45 min. Threw in a little jogging action. Tom. I think I will do a 10 min. mile like Wardhog. You up for that Kelly? (haha, again):coach:

All kidding aside, maybe someday I will be able to do a 10 min. mile also. There's a goal for ya. :running: Wardhog- back away from the leftovers, good job! I have done great today, I hope the scale will go back down a little soon. You know give me a little something, something.

Check in tom. Have to go vaccum? now that it is fixed. Then American Idol and Biggest Loser. Good tv night.

MyChoice2bfit 03-25-2008 07:54 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm sick again! :mad: I am so tired of getting sick. I have strep throat. I am on a z-pack and should feel better in a few days.

I worked from home today so that I would pass it around. The good thing is that I don't feel like eating...it's too hard to swallow.

I'm headed back to bed but I wanted to let you know I'm still around, reading the posts, cheering you on and looking to get back into the game with you all.

I have no idea why I have had so much sickness this year. Maybe because I"m working with new people and I"m not used to their germs?

WardHog 03-26-2008 12:42 PM

Oh, Mychoice I hope you are feeling better soon!

Today I did Group Ride followed by Group Power. I stayed on plan yesterday and I am on track for today. I am headed to take my son to the dermatologist - see you all tomorrow.

MyChoice2bfit 03-26-2008 02:21 PM

On the mend

Hello,

Well, I'm feeling better today. Still having a bit of a hard time breathing through my nose and coughing a bit but my throat is better and no fever so I'm going to believe that I will be better soon.

My plan is to go for a two mile walk after I get off work. I'm not going to push myself to do it in my usual 30 min but I will just move; I think that is important.

Wardhog: How's the bathing suit for the Disney trip looking?

Kelly and Mindy: Did you guys get back on schedule with the workouts?

Focult: We miss you..post when you can.

Ok..back to work for me. Just wanted some inspiration, motivation and I always get it when I come here and read the posts.

Have a good rest of the day or evening. See you tomorrow.

mtiger 03-27-2008 08:51 AM

Hi All!

Didn't get on yesterday. It feels funny. Well I am having one of those weeks where I am just mad anyway. I have gained two pounds, don't know why . That is always the case. I don't do anything different but the scale just srews with me. Today I am down a bit, but still up a pound from last Friday. We shall see what tom. holds.

Susie- glad to hear you are feeling better. Time to get up and get moving :carrot:

Wardhog- great job staying on track as you usually do. ;)

Keep up the good work everyone!

WardHog 03-27-2008 05:00 PM

Mindy, keep at it and those pounds will be gone.

Today I did a 2 mi jog (20 min), Group Ride class, 19 min on the stair mill and 19 min on the elliptical. I stayed on plan yesterday and I'm on track for today. My weight has been all over the place lately; I'm curious to see what it will be tomorrow for my weigh-in.

As for the swimsuit, I am not feeling very confident but it is what it is. I am using self-tanner so at least I won't be fish belly white.

MyChoice2bfit 03-29-2008 10:06 PM

Did something new today

Hi,

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and staying on plan.

I had one of those moments last night that I believe made me want to be thinner and healthier more than I want the comfort of food that I give to myself.

I am one who keeps falling off the wagon and getting back on because I know I should but last night I had a moment that made me really WANT to.

I was out by myself for some little me time. I just wanted to have sometime to spend by myself to browse around at nothing in particular. I needed to go to Walmart for some things but I also wanted to just go and look throught some local stores we have. I don't work in the town I live in and sometimes I miss just going to local places. So, I told hubby to watch basketball and I would be back in a few hours.

I went to the card store, bought some cards. I went to the craft store looking for a spring wreath for our front door...then a friend of mine called and said that Peebles (a local store) was having a good sale and I should go check it out, so I went. I tried on a few things and thought, well..they look ok but they don't hide that roll of fat above my waist, of that the sleeves were tight on the arms and I started gettng mad...a "good" mad. I looked at myself and thought, I remember what it was like when I was not at goal but 40 lbs lighter. I LOVED the way I looked in anythiing I put on. I want that feeling again..and I looked in the mirror and thought to myself...I WILL have the feeling again.

Today I went to the Y and did an hour of cardio. 30 min on the bike, and 30 min on the treadmill. I told my hubby that they only day I wouldn't be working out from now on is Friday's. I will give myself Friday off. This is what I used to do when I lost that 40 lbs. It feels diffrent for me today. Before it was a struggle today it feels like a gift..that I get to do this..to get that feeling back.

Thanks for letting me share that with you all.

Wardhog: I'm using self-tanner too. I use Jergensl lotion that has a self-tanner in it.. I think it does a really good job and I don't get that streaky look that I get when I use just a tanner.

Mtiger: Just stay on track and that scale will be your friend again.

Where is Kelly and Focult? We miss you guys!

mtiger 03-30-2008 10:37 AM

Good Morning

Okay, since Kelly and I had our heart to heart on Friday, we decided I should eat more calories. I have been working out a little bit more and may not be eating enough. So Friday and Sat. I upped the calories to about 1600 both days. That's up from 1300 or 1400. So nothing has happened on the scale yet, it is actually stuck right at 223. Well I will try it again today and see what happens.

Yesterday I bought a new DVD. It's Jillian's new shred DVD. It includes stength, cardio and abs. I plan on trying it out today. It was cool that it came with some free stuff too. I get a 30 day free trial to her website program, which I have been wanting to try, and a subscription to Fitness magazine. I'm excited.

Susie- Great job at the gym. :woops: It feels good to work out everyday. Yesterday I was sick, well still am, but it was nice here in Mich. so I went for a 3 mile walk/jog. Even when I am sick I still work out. Keep it upand you will be able to get into those clothes. It's kind of funny, they are putting in a Peebles near us. I have never even heard of them before.

Wardhog- good job on the workout and staying on plan. Hope your weigh-in goes good.:goodluck:

Kelly and Foucault- come back to us.:dunno:

MyChoice2bfit 03-30-2008 09:28 PM

Feeling good

Hi,

I made it to the gym again today. Did the bike and treadmill. I could feel myself sweating and it felt great.

I did have a Reese cup today--hubby bought them this weekend when he grocery shopped. I was sort of mad that he bought them but then I don't have to eat them. I've known they have been in the house since Friday night. Today I finally told myself I could have one if I logged it, if I did nothing else while I ate it..so I could concentrate on it, so that was what I did and when I was done I thought, it tasted good, I'm glad I had it and that would be the only one I would have.

Other than that I'm going well with food; and I still count it as doing well with food..a normal person eats one...that's what I'm striving to become, a normal eating person.

Mtiger: You are so dedicated--I know it's frustrating when you see those scales flucating. You have to also consider that sometimes the scales won't move..think of it as time that your body is using to absord the fat and keep your skin taunt so you won't be flabby. Sometimes we have to let our bodies catch up.

Wardhog, Kelly and Focult....I hope you are doing well and on plan. Come back and insipre us and let us inspire you.

I'll see you all tomorrow.

Kelly530 03-30-2008 09:42 PM

Sorry to be away for so long. This weekend has been terrible. I have done well with my eating plan throughout the days, but at night we have gone out to dinner twice and ruined my plan. Kind of. Friday night I had Fazoli's, which is huge in calories, and Saturday my hubby and I had date night, so we went to a pizza place that's reeeeeallllly good. I think I ate a little too much and didn't work out on Saturday, so I'll probably see a small gain on the scale in a couple days. Today, we picked up my girls at grandma's and she made one of my favorite meals. Again, probably ate too much. But, I am getting on the treadmill after this post, and trying to work some of it off.

Mindy, keep at it. I don't necessarily think you need to eat 1600-1700 calories every day , I don't even think you should go that high. 1600 I think should be your absolute max. Ya know, stick to 1300-1400 on days you work out 30 minutes. That was working for you before. When you do 45 minutes to an hour, bump it up to between 1500 and 1600. With your body, I truly think there's a fine line. I also read a little about some of Michael Thurmond's ideas about what to do for your body type over the weekend. (Obviously I'll bring it in to show you), But...he says for your body type, you need to bump up your intake of citrus fruit to get your metabolism going. Just an idea. He says for my body type I need to eat more Tuna fish and stay away from fat-free snacks. I think I'll try adding some tuna into my meals this week and see what happens! (P.S. This was just an article about metabolism in the magazine "Women's First". Check it out!)

Susie--I hear you with the clothes. I had the same feeling this weekend trying stuff on. Since I have had some success with losing lately, it was nice to try on something that was a tiny bit tight, but buy it anyway because I know in a few more weeks I am going to lose more and it will fit perfect. My thoughts on clothes shopping this weekend: I am fat, not 60 years old. Everything plus size seems to be for old ladies. Then I get stuck in the same two stores that carry more trendy clothes. (Which then are a bit too revealing for my third grade teacher job!)

Have a great week everyone! I promise to post more this week!

mtiger 03-31-2008 07:19 PM

Susie- I would love to believe that my body is absorbing fat and keeping me from getting flabby. It better be just catching up. Kelly suggested I take a break for a week or so, give my body a rest. Well here's what I think about that. This body has been resting for years so it better get over itself and do what it needs to do.

Wardhog- haven't heard from you today.How goes it? I'msure you worked your butt off today.

Well I am upping the calories yet again today, only about 200. I said I would stick with this for a while, and I am. Still don't see anything positive happening.:?:

MyChoice2bfit 03-31-2008 07:48 PM

Hi

I'm tired tonight. Work was really hetic, then my hubby talked me into going to the Root Beer Stand that opened up today. I always opens with Opening Day in Cincinnati. I did pretty well except I had 2 mugs of rootbeer and I'm not going to be able to make it to the Y tonight.

Mindy: I'm sure that you will continue to see loses, just keep trying and don't throw in the towel.

Kelly: Good for you for getting on the treadmill!

Ok, I"m off to unload the dishwasher and then sit down to watch Dancing with the Stars.

mtiger 04-02-2008 10:05 AM

S.o.s.

Come back ladies! This is my favorite thread and I have made some good friends here. Don't leave now. Wardhog and Foucault, let's hear from you. You are both very encouraging and give good advice. I miss you when you are gone.:(

Now for a little whine. Yesterday was a terrible day. I have continued to gain weight the past 2 weeks, a little at a time. That had me down in the dumps. Then I got home and had a huge fight with my 19 yr. ole son. He got fired from his job and it just set me off. I worry about him so much. I think I cried enough tears yesterday to fill a small pond. Today has got to be better.

Last night, due to stress and disappointment, I decided to kill my workout. I did Jillian's new "Shred" DVD for 20 min. and WATP for 30 min./ 2 miles. I really felt like I worked last night. I got such a huge reward this morning. I lost .5. WOW!! Should I bow to the weght loss Gods or throw in the towel?:dizzy:

Well I will keep on going, as you all know. Maybe I'll catch a break tom.

Susie- how was the rootbeer? Did you make it to the gym? I hope so.;)