3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The January Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/129440-january-club.html)

WardHog 04-02-2008 11:15 AM

I am sorry I have been missing. I have been lurking but avoiding you guys because I went on a 4-day binge. blech. I have reined myself back in now, but I'm up about 5 pounds. I continue to work out a couple hours a day, though. Back on plan yesterday and on track for today.

We leave for Disney on Saturday and I think that's why I am so stressed. I have to pack for myself and the kids and my husband just throws a couple pairs of underwear in a bag the night before. He just doesn't get what an undertaking it is to anticipate what the kids will need and wash it and organize it ...

Mindy, I am sorry about your fight with your son. Sometimes I wish my kids were older so that they could do more things for themselves, but I know that other parts just get more difficult. Good for you for working it out with Jillian!

Susie, it seems like you're doing really well with your workouts, too!

MyChoice2bfit 04-02-2008 12:02 PM

Checking in

Hi, :wave:

I didn't get a chance to make it here yesterday. I was busy at work and had to leave early for a doctor's appointment for DH so I was running around crazy! But I'm here today, and happy to say on track--mostly. I've had a few snack size candy bars, one each day. I know that isn't bad, but I'm a sugar addict and I need to be careful.

It's time for lunch, so I must run and meet my group. I will do personals later.

mtiger 04-02-2008 07:52 PM

Wardhog- You don't have to hide from us. We are here for you and have been in the same boat. Good luck getting everything ready for your vacation.
Men, that's all I can say. Thanks for your concern over my situation. I'm sure it will work out. These young adult years seem to be just as tough as high school. I'm sure he wil grow up someday.
Don't worry too much about those 5 pounds. They will come back off, because you are not a quitter. I will also get my 2-3 off. I am giving it a **** of a shot.

Susie- just a couple little candy bars? That's good. I had a yummy sugar cookie today for one of my student's birthday's. I just counted it in and made adjustments. Keep working out.

MyChoice2bfit 04-03-2008 11:46 AM

Hello Ladies,

I didn't make it back for personal's yesterday.

Wardhog: We have all done stress eating and we will all do it again. Focus on the fact that you reined yourself back in and that you are now back on track. As for the packing problem...MEN!! :rolleyes::rollpin:Huggs to you!

I want to say to everyone, I don't just want to share my successes with you all, I need to share my struggles and failures too...I need you to help me with it all so I can reach my goal and I'm here to do the same for you.

Mtiger: Thank you for the continued encourgment. I love the way that you said, you just made adjustments and counted it in. That is so very much the key to losing weight.

Sorry to hear of the issues with your son. Someone told me once this about children: When they are little and learning to walk they step on your feet and as they grow and learn life, they step on your heart. Huggs to you!

I had a great cardio workout last night. My eating has been pretty good, I'm hoping for a loss tonight. I think it will be small but as long as the scales move done that is the right direction to go in!

Kelly and Focult: Hope to hear from you soon.

Ok..back to work for me. I'll see you all tomorrow.

WardHog 04-03-2008 03:09 PM

Thanks for the support, you guys. I know you would not judge me for falling off plan. I have issues with binge eating sometimes and I need to get that out in the open so I can work on it. I know I can come here for help when I am too embarrassed to tell someone who knows me in real life. No more hiding!

I had a good workout today, 20 min on the elliptical, Group Ride, and then mowed my lawn. It was kind of chilly and rainy, but it needed to be done today while both kids were in school. I stayed on plan yesterday and I am on track for today. I am sure we will eat a lot in Disney, but we'll also be doing lots of walking and swimming, so I won't stress over it.

Susie and Mindy, I hope you guys see big losses this week!

Foucault, Kelly - I hope you guys are doing well, too.

Kelly530 04-03-2008 07:45 PM

Posting is so hard for me. I read everyone every night, but I never seem to have enough time to actually post. I vow to get better.

Wardhog- I feel like I have been binge eating this week too. Somehow I don't seem to gain weight when I do that, maybe because I used to eat that way all the time and that's what my body was used to. I definitely don't lose weight, though. But, all is better, for both of us. Back on track. Have a great time in Disney!

Susie- I am so glad to hear you are doing well. You are inspiring. Especially your self control with the snack size candy bars. I bet I'd have wolfed down the entire bag in two days. It would have called my name from my desk drawer..."Kelly, Kelly, eat me..." And of course I would have to oblige--can't let them down. Good for you!

Mindy- You are on the downward track, I know it. This is one of those chunks of time that your body is stubborn. It will melt off soon.

Bye for now.

mtiger 04-03-2008 10:25 PM

Wardhog- Have a great time at Disney. Remember, it is just another day that you need to fuel your body, not a special stuff your face fest. My sister, who seems a little jealous, commented at Easter about my counting calories and measuring. I said, it's just another day of food, I'm not going to blow it because it's a holiday. Have fun and try not to binge too much.

Kelly- when "someone" said, maybe you need to give your body a rest, I said no. I need to kick my body in the a** and tell it to do what it needs to. I hope it is listening. Hope you keep losing.

Susie- you can share whatever you want to with us. We are all here for each other through the good and the bad. That's why I love you guys. Good luck at the weigh-in, you deserve a loss. I hope you get it. Keep up the workouts, they really help.

I have upped the calories about 200/day and I have been working out high intensity, kicking my a**. I have lost about a pound, but not all of what I have gained. Hopefully I am once again on a downward trend.

talk to you all later.

MyChoice2bfit 04-04-2008 04:04 PM

Tgif

Hi,

I had a loss..a small loss. 1/2 lb but I'm glad for the loss. My body responds so slowly to my weight loss efforts. From past experience, when i get past 260 it will pick up the pace. At one time 2 years ago I was down to 239 and gained it all back! :mad: But if I took it off once I can do it again.

Wardhog: Have fun on vacation and remember Mtiger's advice about it's just another day your body needs fuel.

Mtiger: I love that "fuel" thinking and just another day

Kelly: It can be hard to post but I know I love reading them and others need my input too. So, I'm glad when you do post.

I'm about to head home for the weekend.

I'll be around checking the boards sometime.

My plan is to work out on Sunday and maybe get a walk in on Saturday as well.

mtiger 04-04-2008 08:35 PM

Okay so I have decided that Friday's will be my day to eat a lot. So today I have had 1730 calories, that is a lot for me. I had 3, count em, 3 slices of pizza and a breadstick for dinner. I also kicked butt with my workout. I did 20 Min. of Jillian's shred DVD and 30 min. of WATP. That was quite a workout. :lifter: So let's see if that does anything for the scale.

Susie- congrats on the loss, even though it may seem small. It is still a loss. I am still trying to get off 2 pounds I gained, for unknown reasons. Keep up the good work. You are starting to get results.:dancer:

Have a great weekend everyone. Kelly, I'm sure we will be talking during break. Keep working.

MyChoice2bfit 04-05-2008 09:22 AM

Sunny day

Hello,

It's early morning, my hubby is asleep and I'm paying bills and planning my day.

I know that today will include ice cream. We have friends who have 4 little girls 6, 4 and 10 months (yes twins) and we are taking the 6 yr old and the 4 yr old up to the Outlet Mall with us to get some new flip flops and then for ice cream and then back to my house for a pedicure..they have to thave their toes painted if they are going to wear the new flip-flops...so the 6 yr old told me.

We try and get the girls every so often and give mom and dad a little break. I have taken all 4 at one time but that's when we stay at our house...it's easier! I don't know how my friend does it day in and day out.

So, because I know I"m going to have ice cream, I thought I would log in my calories for today--plan ahead on what I'm going to eat so I can stay within my 1800 range.

I also plan on going on a walk in the neighborhood after I take them home. Now that I have my head in the game of losing weight and posting with you guys every day I am excited about losing weight and even doing those things that it takes to do it. I just keep thinking how nice it's going to be to have others ask me...are you losing weight?

I would like to share a little about a couple of non-related diet success with you if I can.

I found out this week that I am getting an award at my company's Award Banquet next Tuesday. I am an Administrative Assistant for a very large company and there are over 500 Admins in my building. I was nominated and won the Fusion Award. That award is for an Admin who works across Business Unites and brings collaration, establishes community of practices and produces outcomes that grow the business. I am shocked and honored that I am receiving this award. I have been with the company for almost a year and I have been so blessed to have the job and to do so well.

Also, since it's time for my yearly review I also received a very nice increase. It was a really good week for me carrer wise! Thank you for letting me share that with you all.

Mtiger: I smile when I read your posts about how you are bossing your body around...that's why you are getting results! Doesn't it feel good to be in charge of what is happening to you instead of just letting it happen? Keep up the good fight.

I hope to see the rest of you on the boards this weekend. I can't do this without your input and support.

mtiger 04-05-2008 11:12 AM

Susie- :congrat: How nice for you to have such success at work. Doesn't it feel good? Enjoy your moment of glory. Hey, have a great time with the kids. WOW! I can't even imagine having all those little kids. Of course one young adult son can be almost as challenging. I am so happy for you that you have yourself so geared up for this journey. You are planning and thinking ahead, it's great. I know we are going to see big things coming from you.

Last night I worked hard.:workout::exercise: I squeked out a half pound this morning. I'm at 222. When I hit 221 I will back to where I started before my mysterious gain. I feel like I am dragging these ounces off my body and they are not coming willingly. Why so hard all of a sudden? Gotta continue to kick my own butt. This is where I wish I had a personal trainer to tell me what to do.:kickbutt:

Keep on keepin on everyone. We will win this battle, eventually.:^:

mtiger 04-06-2008 11:20 AM

I see noone is up and at it yet today. I have big news. I have lost the 3 pounds I gained and I am back to 220.5 :dancer::cheer2::cheer: I hope I have gotten over the hump and can continue losing for a while. Here I am again right next to the teens and I want em bad.

Yesterday I went for a walk/jog of three miles. I am trying to add more jogging. I worked hard. I am happy I was rewarded today. Hope you girls get on today and let me know how you are doing. :^:

I'll check in later.

Kelly530 04-06-2008 08:07 PM

So today I really worked hard. I raked my lawn and bagged up all the leaves and junk. Cleaned out some of my planting beds, and started re-doing some of the edging. Which included quite a bit of digging. Most of you won't know, of course Mindy will, but I absolutely loathe yard work. I think my weight had a lot to do with it before, because it was so hard to bend over, I got tired out easily, it just was not enjoyable in the least. Today, not so bad. Dropping 22 pounds and feeling stronger has definitely made a difference.

Mindy--I am so excited for you losing that 3 pounds. Let's hope it continues. Maybe the stress of your class and your intern was too much. Maybe spring break will give you the boost you need! Good job on those 3 mile walks. I need to chart out a good walking course in my neighborhood. Next time you walk, though, take your cell phone just in case;)

Susie--Great job on your loss! Anything's better than a gain! Good for you for logging your food ahead of time! That ice cream should taste even better since you've made it part of your plan for the day. This way there's no guilt. By the way, from someone who has an 8 year old and a 2 year old, taking care of children is a workout in itself! Congrats on taking on the challenge!

Question for you all: I have recently suffered a muscle injury in my back that doesn't seem to be getting much better. I am continuing my chiropractic visits, but am having a hard time exercising. Does anyone have anything good they know about for continuing to work out through an injury? I don't want to stop working out altogether, but I don't know if just walking every day is enough.

mtiger 04-07-2008 08:13 AM

Hey Kelly- Sorry your back is still hurting. If you can still walk then walk faster, or longer. Maybe you could do some arm work, if it doesn't hurt. I know you don't have a bike, so that's not an option. Can you do any of the circuit training stuff? I think I pulled or strained a muscle in my thigh. I am just going to go for a short walk today and power through the pain. You know me. Hey I was 220 today. :dancer::flow2:There is no option except to move into the teens.

Susie- how was the day with the kids? Hope to hear from you today. I will be the one in my yard today. I'm afraid I have just a tad more to work on than Kelly.:o It will take me a while. Gardening is a great workout.

Talk to you all later.

MyChoice2bfit 04-08-2008 08:56 AM

Hi Ladies,

I'm sorry I've been gone for a few days. Sunday I spent a lot of time cleaning up our yard. I'm not one for yard work eithier but I like to have a nice looking one so just like dieting, it has to be done to get the results I want to see.

I had a nice time with the girls on Saturday but they wear me out! The ice cream was really good and I thinking planning it helped me to keep it all in prospective. I haven't had a desire to eat more; in fact I was with a friend last night and she asked that we stop for some and I didn't get anything. I new that I had stawberries at home in the fridge and I was looking forward to them.

Mtiger: I'm so happy for you and that 3 lb loss. How did the yard work go?

Kelly: I have a lot of lower back trouble so I stick with walking and I usually just walk longer to get the benefits of it. Remember to stretch, maybe even take a break during the walk and stretch, if your hamstrings are tight they can make your lower back hurt. I also ice my lower back after I work out. It's something that my chiropractor recommends. He also gives me lower back stretches to do.

Well, I better get back to work. I was having a craving and before I gave into it, I got some water, some gum and came here..you all helped me through it.