3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The January Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/129440-january-club.html)

mtiger 05-06-2008 10:26 AM

Good morning! And I do mean GOOD MORNING!!! Both my old scale and my new scale were down today. YEAH!!:carrot: Now I fully expect them to go up tom. but that is the nature of my weight loss lately. I was down about 1.5. I am learning to adjust to how my body is going to lose.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Stay focused and we will all have success.

MyChoice2bfit 05-06-2008 10:49 AM

Hi,

I just realized that I didn't make it here yesterday. I had was on track yesterday and on track today. I may have a challenge with getting my workout in tonight but I am determined that I'm going to do at least a 30 min walk.

Ward: How is the low cal, high cal thing going?

Mindy: YEAH for the loss and the new scales.

Kelly: Hope you are doing ok.

I've got to get back to work, I'm busy today but I needed to check in; I feel so much better and stronger for doing so!

WardHog 05-06-2008 12:41 PM

Yay, Mindy! :cheer2: Awesome! Hopefully those pounds will stay gone!

Hey, Susie! Good for you for being so committed to your workouts!

Today I did Group Ride, then mowed my lawn, which took about an hour and 20 minutes. I stayed on plan yesterday and so far I am on track for today. It's my first really low calorie day (1233 is the goal) so I am a bit worried. It's just going to take planning, that's all. My weight's holding at 141.0, so no changes there.

See you tomorrow!

MyChoice2bfit 05-07-2008 11:51 AM

Hello,

I'm having one of those days where I could "eat the wax off the floor!". I have no idea why I am so hungry. I'm drinking water, chewing gum and watching the clock for lunch time. Thank goodness it's getting close!

I did have a hot chocolate around 10 because I was dying for some chocolate and if I drink it I usually can stop myself from having piece after piece. It did help some.

I didn't get my walk in last night. I couldn't believe how many people were at the funeral visitation that I was at. I stood in line for 1 1/2 hours!

I have spoke to my workout partner and we are meeting at 7:00 tonight so I know I"ll get that exercise in. Now if I can just stay away from the food! I know I can and I know I will!!

Ward: How are you feeling today after the lo-cal day yesterday?

WardHog 05-07-2008 01:14 PM

Good morning! Today I did Group Power plus 45 min of cardio. I stayed on plan yesterday and I'm on track for today.

I think the calorie cycling is going to work well for me. Yesterday was my low day and I had no problem staying on plan. Today is the highest day of the week, so I treated myself to pizza for lunch. It was delicious and I don't have to feel guilty because I am still going to be on plan for the day. Now, whether it helps me to drop the pounds remains to be seen. I was 139.8 this morning though, and I was thrilled with that! I expect it to go back up some tomorrow, of course.

The UPS man just rang the bell with my order from target dot com. I am excited - I ordered a pink running shirt and I wanted it to be here in time for the Komen race on Saturday. This will be the third year I have done the Race for the Cure and I just love it. It's such a great location and great atmosphere. It always makes me emotional though, because everyone has "in celebration of" or "in memory of" signs and I always see a few that make me cry. Plus it is always Mother's Day week-end, which is an emotional time for me ever since my Mom's illness.

Anyway, enough blather from me. Susie, stay strong! I love chocolate, too and I always keep Dove mini ice cream bars around. They are delicious and only 60 calories. I have one just about every night after dinner. I don't like to feel deprived!

See you guys tomorrow!

mtiger 05-08-2008 08:42 AM

I feel lost since I haven't posted in a few days. Life got busy. Yesterday I went to the hospital to meet my niece's new baby girl She is so precious. That blew my workout and posting time. Oh well. The scale was down a bit more today. :carrot: I didn't get the jump up i expected so i am happy. I might pull off a two pound loss since Sunday, when I got the new, new scale. I'll let ya know tom.

Wardhog- Have fun at the walk and enjoy all that food on high calorie days.

Susie- It sucks to miss a workout. Glad we are both getting back to it tonight. Have fun, work hard.:strong::wl:

See ya tom. Hopefully with good news.

MyChoice2bfit 05-08-2008 09:38 AM

Good morning Ladies,

We have rain here today but it's ok, it's making me feel calm. I have really enjoyed having a spring this year.

I had a great workout last night. Did 2 miles on the track and then went to the weight room. I just love the feeling I get while I'm working out and afterwards too.

I'm not sure what the scales will show tonight. I have been on track with my points every day. Some days it's at the highest and others at the lowest, sort of like Ward's low and high calorie plan, I'll just have to see how my body reacts to it. I feel thinner even if the scales decide not to show it.

Ward: I've often wanted to do that Race--as a walk. It will be in Cincinnati later this year and a bunch of us from work are talking about doing it. My sister-in-law is a breast cancer survivor and I know I would cry at some point during that event. We have what we call Relay for Life in my hometown and it's a walk that is for all cancer survivor's and it's victims. At one point they do a lap around the track for just those that have or had cancer and it tears me up every time. Those people are the truly brave! Good luck in your race on Saturday and let me know when you do it again next year, I want to sponsor you!

Mtiger: Life can get to busy if we let it so I'm glad that you made sure you didn't miss to many days and came back to post. I hope the scales show you the number you are looking for! Good luck.

Ok..back to work for me. Talk to you all later.

WardHog 05-08-2008 04:04 PM

Mindy, I'm looking forward to hearing about your weigh-in.

Susie, do the race! Lots and lots of people walk it. You will enjoy the experience, I promise.

I did Group Ride plus 52 more minutes of cardio today. Eating is on plan.

See y'all tomorrow.

mtiger 05-09-2008 09:22 AM

Okay so this is wierd. With all my scale changes lately, I will drop below 220 3 times. Once on the old scale, once on the new scale and now I'm working on it with the new, new scale. Good news, I am down 2 pounds this week, since Sunday actually. :cb::cp::dancer:

Hope everyone else is doing good.

I'll be around this weekend, so I'll stop and check in.

MyChoice2bfit 05-09-2008 11:02 AM

Hello,

Well, I went to my TOPS meeting last night and we were going to weigh-in and start the meeting when the tornado sirens went off. So we headed to the church basement and waited it out by that time the meeting was over and the weight reporter had to leave so we didn't get a chance to get weighed.

It doesn't matter, I'll get weighed next week and should have a really big loss. I received a compliment today. Someone that I haven't seen in about 9weeks told me that I'm looking good and I look like I've lost some weight. That is such a GREAT feeling!

Also, in addition to my gym at home, I'm going to be using our gym at work for the next 3 months free! A friend of mine had a coupon for that and she gave it to me. That means extra workouts will now be easier. I'm really happy and excited about it.

Ward: How many days have you been on track now?

Mindy: Yeah...2 lbs gone FOREVER!

Back to work for me...see you all later. I'll be around this weekend.

WardHog 05-09-2008 12:47 PM

Yay, Mindy! :cheer:

Susie, that's great about the gym. I worked out at home for years before I joined one. It was free with my husband's company. Now I don't think I could live without it.

So, I weighed in today at 139.0! I think if I lose about 5 - 10 more pounds my clothes will all fit. That would make me really happy. Today I did Group Power and 45 min of cardio. I am still on plan (day 29)!

Have a good week-end!

WardHog 05-10-2008 01:00 PM

Well, the race was fun. I went with three other women and it was nice to be with them with no husbands and no kids for a change. There were tons of people but it was well organized as usual. Just a great atmosphere where you really feel that everyone is there for the same purpose. I'll be there again next year. :)

I also stopped in at the gym to do a spin class, since I was driving by on my way home and it was almost exactly 11:00. LOL Eating is on plan, and tomorrow will probably be a food fest. I made it 30 days, though!

Have a great week-end!

mtiger 05-10-2008 09:16 PM

Today I was able to work in my yard for a while. Have one flower bed almost weed free and bought some new plants to plant in there. I feel like I accomplished something. Then I came in and did WATP 45 min/3 mile walk. That is always a good workout.

Wardhog- Congrats on the walk. You must feel a sense of accomplishment when you finish. One of my friends and I talked about doing a walk. I'm a little nervous doing it with her because she is a lot smaller and quite fit. I'm not up to running as much as her. We'll see.

Hey to Susie and Kelly. Hope your weekend is going good. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kelly530 05-11-2008 08:23 PM

Hi everyone!
Sorry I've been sooooo busy. We are packing up a lot of stuff in our house because we are getting ready to put it on the market. That is what my life has been in between a sick child. But she is better now, and we are closer to our goal .

Speaking of goals, I am very close to one. I only need to shed three more pounds to be at 200 pounds, so I only need four more to go under!!!! I am so excited I can taste it! Mindy, I'll need your help this week working out every day(I hope). I want the 100's so bad! Ok, time for kids to get in bed. See you all later.

MyChoice2bfit 05-12-2008 09:13 AM

Hello,

It's been a busy few days--i've missed you all! I had so much going on this weekend; I'm feeling behind on everything and a little overwhelmed. I need to get that under control or my goal will get pushed aside and I don't want that to happen! The good news is that I'm still on track with my points.

Ward: the walk sounds like it went well and how exciting for you to see those scales move like that! I'd say your current plan of calorie cycling is working for you.

Mindy: What sort of flowers are you planting. You know that weeding is very good exercise!

Kelly: you are so CLOSE to those 100's! I know you can get there. Keep working on it.

Ok..I've got a lot to get done at work today, so I'll check in tomorrow with you.