3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The January Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/129440-january-club.html)

mtiger 04-08-2008 11:12 AM

Wow Susie, good job on avoiding the craving.:carrot: Went and grabbed yourself some gum and chatted for a while. It helps doesn't it? You are certainly getting with the program. Must feel good.

It seems to be the week for yard work. Everyone is out there. I barely scratched the surface, after a couple of hours out there. I am going to do some more today, even though it got colder here today. Well I can bundle up. At least it is not as windy so I won't have to deal with the leaves blowing right back in to my flower beds.

I wonder how wardhog is enjoying sunny Florida, or is it California? Whichever, wish I was there.;)

Besides yard work I went for a quick 1 mile walk/jog yesterday. I don't think it was enough of a workout. So today I am going to pump it up. 20 min. Jillians Shred DVD and 30 min. WATP. That should get the juices flowing.

Have a great day ladies. Stay tough.

Kelly530 04-08-2008 07:49 PM

Mindy--You didn't say...did the scale go down today? Did it stay the same? It must have stayed the same since you didn't mention it. Good job on your workouts. We have been doing so much cleaning, yardwork and painting, that I have barely had time to work out other than walking with my sister-in-law last night. You, by the way, are my choice of walking partner any day.:D

Susie--Thanks for the advice on the walking. I am just going to have to do it longer, I think. I will definitely try those stretches, too. The Biggest Loser fitness book has a good warm up in it, so I'll have to try to do that before walking, too. I know what you mean about not craving the junky food like before. The first week I gave up all that stuff was horrible! Then, the next week I could have cared less. It's like detox! Good for you for saving yourself and going for the strawberries instead!

I swear to god, if I never pick up a paint brush again it will be too soon. Even though I only painted 2 doors today, it took forever!!!!!!!!!!!! One door took 2 coats of paint on each side, and the other door took 4 coats on each side and still looks like it needs another. Then to wait for each coat to dry before starting the next, ay yi yi. Next time, I am getting out the primer.

Wow, I'm getting better about posting. Must be the spring break.:flow2:

mtiger 04-09-2008 11:10 AM

Good morning!! Yesterday I was up .5, today I am back down .5. This gets really old. I am so close to moving into the teens, but just can't seem to get there. I so wanted to be close to 200 by June when we weigh-in again at school. It just doesn't look like I will make it at this rate. Gotta keep trying though.

Kelly- I'm glad it's you painting and not me. I hate to paint. Maybe we can get together once this week and get our fix. Didn't realize your hubby was home this week. He would probably blow a nut. HA HA!!

Susie- Hangin in there? Can't wait to hear how you are doing. Keep it going.

Talk to you later.

Kelly530 04-09-2008 07:52 PM

WooHoo! Quick kudos for me! Down to 211 today, maybe it's a fluke, but I got on the scales about a hundred times to double check. Let's hope it stays there and doesn't go back up!

WardHog 04-10-2008 04:12 PM

Hi y'all! We are back from Disney. We were in Florida and the first two days were not sunny at all! The rain cleared out in time for us to go to the Magic Kingdom, though.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...108AYtGTNo3YtC

I missed you. Congratulations Mindy and Kelly on the losses and to Susie for your award (and nice raise) at work!

We had a lot of fun, but I am ready to get back into my routine. I went to a spin class today and thought I would die. Did I mention that I signed up for a 3-hour spin-a-thon on April 19? ack!

Bye for now - the laundry is waiting.

mtiger 04-10-2008 06:37 PM

Wardhog- Hey glad to see you back. Sorry the weather was kinda crappy, but I'm sure you had a great time anyway. The picture is soo.. cute. Your kids look delighted. Wish I could have ever taken my children on a trip like that when they were young. Good for you! Good luck on the spin marathon thing. I'm sure I would die. I'm sure you'll be back to bustin your butt tom.

Today is rainy and icky here. I was hoping to work outside today, but that will not be happening. Holding steady at 220. Man what do I have to do drop below that number? Maybe tom.?

Susie- Oh Susie, where are you?

Kelly- Did you stay down today? Have you watched Biggest Loser yet? I'm dying to know what you think. By the way, little ones pictures are cute.

Kelly530 04-10-2008 09:29 PM

Hi Wardhog-Glad to see you back. The trip looks like it was a blast! (You look super skinny in that picture, by the way!) Good times. That 3 hour spin a thon should be a piece of cake for you! You are such a hard worker.

Mindy--Yeah--the weather stunk today. I am happy to report that I went down again today. To 210. That puts me at an even 25 pounds! Keep working Mindy, you know your body is stubborn. You'll see those teens in no time. I did watch Biggest Loser finally last night. I am so glad the girls are in! I want one of them to win so bad! I hope America sends Mark to the finale, since he doesn't have any more weight to lose. Did you vote? I am going to try.

So my day today was just a bunch of ups and downs. Got on the scale this morning to see 210. Yay! Then, got a call from my insurance company that a matter pending for about 7 weeks now is finally settled. I get $500 in the deal. Yay! I went to get my hair cut and meet my mom for lunch, took a wrong turn in an unfamiliar part of town, and got a speeding ticket looking for a place to turn around. SUCKY! So, I guess I spend part of my $500 on a ticket. Only 3 days of spring vacation left, so I hope they are better than today. See you all later!

MyChoice2bfit 04-11-2008 10:05 AM

Hi Ladies,

Things got really crazy at work for me and then I had our TOPS open house to deal with and I didn't get a chance to check in. Let me tell you, I was mad about that! I was mad at myself for not putting my needs and wants first. I try to and usually do but if it get's crazy...I go to the back bunner! I'm going to learn not to do that.

Wardhog: It's great to see you back--what a cute picture! This 3-hour spin-a-thon sounds interesting. Tell me more.

Kelly: You are doing great..with the posting and losing...are you seeing a pattern there? :^:

Mindy: Keep doing what you are doing. I know it can be tough to see those scales going up and down like that but it WILL level off.

I stayed the same this week. I wasn't surprised with that because I didn't get enough work out time in this week.

Last nights TOPS open house was very successful for our chapter. We had 71 people attend from other chapters, people they brought that were interested in TOPS and guests in our home town. The speakers that I invited were TOPS members who have had great success in the weight-loss and it was very inspiring.

I'm pumped up and ready to really get tough with my effort.

I've made a decision that I'm not volunteering to head up any more committees or meetings until after my birthday and I at least reach that goal and I'm going to do my best after that not to overschedule myself. It's really hard because I'm a giving person and I like to be involved. I just got to learn how to do that and still have time for my needs.

Ok..back to work for me. I will be around this weekend.

Looking forward to reading the posts.

mtiger 04-11-2008 10:53 AM

Kelly- WOW!! How long were you in the teens, like 2 weeks? Let me guess, you haven't even worked out that much, huh? Oh to be young and have a good metabolism. I am so happy for you! :love: Wish I could join you. I fully expect to hear that you were like 209.5 today.

Susie- Glad you are back, we missed you. Sounds like you have been very busy. Even though you stayed the same, you reamain so positive. I maintain and cry for a half hour. You keep it up, I don't know how you do it.

Wardhog- Haven't heard from you yet this morning. You are probaly at the gym practicing for your spin thing. 3fat chicks is sponsoring a 5K walk/jog/crawl event this weekend. I think I might try it. I didn't realize that
5K is only 3.1 miles. I can do that. :running:

Talk to you all later.

WardHog 04-11-2008 11:56 AM

Well, I was at the gym, but no spinning today. ;) I did Group Power, 20 min on the elliptical and 20 min on a regular bike. I am going to get back on my eating plan today. My goal is to be on plan 90% of the time for the next 90 days.

The spin-a-thon is a benefit for the American Diabetes Association. They are going to move the spin bikes outside under an awning and have three sets of instructors lead us through 3 back to back spin classes. All for the low price of $100! It will be fun, I am sure. I ran a 1/2 marathon last March so spinning for three hours should be a piece of cake, right? :ebike:

It sounds like you guys are all going strong - keep it up! Is everyone doing a 5k this week-end? I can do that!

WardHog 04-12-2008 11:31 AM

It's me again! Good morning. Today I did Group Ride, then my 5K in 27:31. It was a good little workout. ;) I stayed on my eating plan yesterday (yay, one day down, 89 to go!) and I am on track for today.

I hope you guys are having a good week-end!

mtiger 04-12-2008 02:35 PM

Just finished my 5K. I am disappointed that I had to bring it inside due to unrelenting rain. I wanted to walk/jog outside to get a base time. Oh well. I did WATP with Leslie. I added some segments of jogging to pump it up a bit. So I did 3. something in 45 min.

Wardhog- You had a great time. I just posted mine on the rsults page and there are a lot or 3o to 40 min. times. You rock!:cp::dancer::flame: Now on to your spinning event.

Hope to hear from the rest of you this weekend.

MyChoice2bfit 04-12-2008 08:30 PM

Hi Ladies,

I didn't realize that 3 Fat Chicks was having a 5k this weekend. How did you know that?

I was really doing well today until I went to the movies with hubby. He had bought some Whoppers and Popcorn and I had a lot of it:mad:

I have no one to blame but myself. I came here to confess it and to say that I'm just getting on with it; I'm not going to think "Oh well, I blew it and I'll just start again tomorrow"...no I'm starting again right now! It's so great to know that I can come here and know you guys will be here with your posts.

Wardhog: That's a very good goal you have set for yourself. I know you can achieve it.

Mtiger: Good for you for doing the 5K in the adverse conditions that you had.

Kelly and Focult: Where are you guys?

I will go to the gym tomorrow and do the bike and treadmill.

Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow

mtiger 04-13-2008 11:35 AM

I felt good doing my 5K yesterday. I was going strong and could have gone even further. The scale went up and down so I am still sitting at 220 today. Lord, can I break over this hump soon? Iam going to do another 3 miles today before I go see me daughter tonight. She is performing at her school. They are doing the performances they did in NY a few weeks back. It will be the last time I see her perform in college, since she is almost finished.

Susie - That is the attitude, jump right back on the wagon. Have a good time working out at the gym. Sometimes I wish I belonged to a gym. The 5K was advertised at the top of the posting page. Plus people on another thread were talking about it. They will probably do it again. I'll let you know.

Have a great Sunday everyone. I am going to be busy so don't know if I'll get back here again today. ;)

WardHog 04-13-2008 12:56 PM

Great job not letting one little slip de-rail you, Susie! How was the gym today?

Mindy, great job on your 5k, and another one today! Have fun at your daughter's performance.

I did another run today (1 hour, 5.5 miles), then 30 min on the elliptical and 30 min on the bike. I stayed on plan yesterday and I am on track for today. The kids are back in school tomorrow - no more sleeping late!