Old 12-20-2007, 04:14 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Reenie
two more pounds gone. I'd be shouting from the roof tops.

By the way I did lose one pound this week.

I'm still not in the Christmas spirit. Maybe I will be this week end. I'm going to my uncles and maybe to the lights of the Delta.

Wishing each of you the best for the holiday's.

Happy
Have a safe trip.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #167  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Cee
Nice going on the lb. Each and every lb makes us have one less lb to lose lol. That is how I look at it or I would go crazy the loss is so slow. It is now time to get in the christmas mood I SAID SO. Sit down, relax, think about your favorite christmas. Bet it puts a smile on your face and maybe even a tear in your eye.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-20-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #168  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Heard on this mornings news that there has been a big earthquake in New Zealand. I tried to call my sister but couldn't get through. Presumably every man and his Kiwi are trying to call the country. Earthquake happened off the coast of Gisborne on the East Coast of the North Island. My Sister is in Wellington about 700Km away at the south end of the Island. It's not likely that she will be harmed and there have been no reports of death only injuries and they will be local in Gisborne. From first pictures there is a lot of damage. I will keep trying to reach her through the day. And I will get in touch with the 2 DB's so we all know what is going on. Well hopefully anyway. Always something at Christmas.

While I think of it - I won't be around a lot over the next week. I will have to come in at least one day but I'm not making a habit of it. Family comes first at this time. The 1st of the boys will be here tomorrow and the other on Monday. I'm really looking forward to it.

Better go and sort out the natives. I'll be back to comment. I just made contact will NZ and although Wellington has been shaken about somewhat, there is no damage and no injuries. Yeehaa.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #169  
Rennie

Shad
Hope everyone is well. You have fun with your family. You have little enough time to yourself to do what you want to do.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:02 PM   #170  

For all those travelling today or tomorrow, please please take care and come home safe for our new year challenge with ourselves.

Have a safe and merry Christmas, embrace the family, love thy neighbour even it is a moose, and think about what you are eating.

I'll be back later I think. I'm about to commit a murder here. They might come and take me away ha ha
Old 12-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #171  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

DIYANNA!! SO GLAD TO SEE ANOTHER NEW FACE HERE!! HOPE YOU ARE AS DEMENTED AS THE REST OF US!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND WELCOME BACK TO 3FC!!! CHEERING YOU ON TO YOUR GOAL

I DON'T THINK I CAN GET TOO PERSONAL HERE TONITE. BEEN A TERRIBLY LONG DAY AND HAVE BEEN GOING SINCE 7 THIS MORNING. THE ACCOUNTANTS JUST LEFT A BIT AGO AND I NEED TO EAT SOMETHING. THE PHOTO THING WENT WELL BUT WAS ALMOST 2 HOURS BUT I HAD A BALL SURROUNDED BY MEN THAT PRETENDED TO ADORE ME! THEY WERE COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK AND COPS TOO!! GOTTA LOVE THOSE BOYS IN BLUE!!! THEN LUNCHEON AND THEN HOME TO MORE WORK. AND I GOT OUT(WITH HELP MOF COURSE) 100 MPOINSETTIAS DELIVERED AND ANOTHER 118 TAGGED AND BAGGED FOR THE OTHER PROPERTIES. THANK GOD FOR DEE. SHE WAS A HUGE HELP AND DID TONS OF WORK WHILE I YELLED A LOT! I EVEN DID THE FOOD SHOPPING FOR MY HOLIDAY SPREE AND JIMMY WAS KIND ENOUGH TO PUT THE GROCERIES AWAY!! I WOULD NEVER HAVE MADE IT THRU THE DAY WITHOUT THEM. SIGH BUT I AM BEAT AND TOMORROW IS A LONG DAY. PARTY AND ACCOUNTANTS. SO I AM OFF TO BED.

RENNIE CONGRATS ON THE LOSS & GLAD YOU CAN FEEL THE LOVE

CEEJAY HOPE THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT BITES YOU IN THE BUTT SOON!! AND CONGRATS ON YOUR POUND GONE ALSO!! I THINK I FOUND BOTH YOURS AND RENNIES!!!

SHAD THANK GOD YOU HAVEN'T KILLED ANYONE YET....I JUST LISTENED TO THE INTERNATIONAL NEWS AND THERE WAS NO MENTION OF YOUR LAST NAME!!

HAPPY WE CAN WEAR OUR RED SUEDE SHOES AS WE SIT BY THE POOL HAVE YOUR EARS HEALED YET??

MADCAT I AM SENDING GOOD VIBES AND WISHES RIGHT BACK!

SAYING HELLO TO THE REST!! WILL BE BACK LATE TOMORROW OR SATURDAY MORNING. JEN IS LEAVING TOMORROW NITE UNLESS THE PLANS CHANGE FOR THE 100TH TIME. SHE SAYS MERRY CHRISTMAS BACK TO YOU ALSO SHAD. RICHIE TOO. THEY DO DESERVE A MEDAL AND THIS CRUISE!!! OK I AM OUT OF HERE!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #172  

Shad
hope all is well with your sister. What a tragedy to happen! I also heard that Alaska had a 7.0 earthquake. I just hope the new madrid fault line that we are sitting on does not decide to act up. It's always in the bak of my mind.

Reenie
Just because of you I opened the gift that my neice sent to me. She always has awesome stuff. This year two movie theater pop corn tins and some movie theater pop corn, candy canes, cookie cutters with special cookie mix, a J.C. Penny gift card and a picture of her daughter. Her daughter who is three made me a card. Made my day, Thank you. She said they would call me Christmas day. They live in California. I may just go out there in 2008.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:28 PM   #173  

Hello Ladies,

I'm so stressed Work has been so hetic these past two weeks. I've actually gained 4 lbs... yes, 4lbs. I have eaten out every day and fast food every night.....UGH...

Shad - I'm keeping your sister's family in my prayers. Hope their ok.

Shy - what diet or food program are you on? Your doing great in your weight loss.

Cee - Way to go on you 1 lb loss.

Hello to everyone else..
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:50 PM   #174  

All' well on on the Wellington front. Shaken but not stirred is how they put it. We in NZ are well used to earthquakes and they tend to cause a lot of damage but we rarely lose a lot of people to the disaster. Homes have to be built to earthquake standards. Of course if the 'quake is of really major proportions that doesn't always count.

Mel - how many times do we have to warn about overdoing it???? Naughty girl. But then again, Ruths motto is to burn out and not rust out - maybe you are taking a leaf from her book. It is good to feel needed though.

Rennie - good thought to take it easy, close your eyes and think of Christmas' past. Go back to the good times.

Hiya Patty - sorry about the 4lbs and just when you were doing so well. Oh well things happen. It'll come off again after the holidays.

Happy is probably getting ready to blast off for Chicago. Happy Christmas friend. Have a wonderful family time. My best wishes for the family gathering and to each and every one of them.

Ceejay - what a big present. It will be fun getting through all of that.

And that's about it from me for the time being. I'll try to get in over the holidays but may not make it as we will be moving about from place to place. Have a good one and hug that family.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:40 AM   #175  
Rennie

[email protected]

Thank you. Hope this helps you understand what I am doing. Nothing real special.

I am on the " Rennie " plan lol. I have a certain amount of calories, fat, carbs and sodium I allow myself. 1200 to 1400 calories, 30 to 35 grams of fat, 180 to 210 grams of carbs, 2300 to 3300 sodium. A very loose set of amounts. I never thought I would count calories but fit day makes it so easy. Is a real nice tool to help me keep on track of what I allow myself.

The doc and dietitian/nutritionist said I was doing great. This is about what they would have allowed me. They did say they NEVER wanted me to take in less than 1200 calories, they want my fat at about 25% lol. I have found if I go under about 22% fat, my hair starts to come out more when I wash it and doesn't seem in as good of shape. My skin also seems very very dry. Good thing they are happy with how I am eating since it was a few months before I asked lol. I worried about my sodium but they said those amounts are just fine since I don't retain water and have no sodium health related problems. Heart ***. says 2400, Lung ***. says 3300.

When I first started this journey to a thinner more healthy person I ate lots of lean cuisines and just worried about my fat intake. Over the last 7 months I have fine tuned what I am doing. If I eat something very high in fat or carbs today I will lower the amount I let myself have a bit each day for a week to make up for the high amounts I had today. It all averages out. I try not to go to far over anything. 95% of the time I am right in my 1200 calorie, 30 grams fat and 180 grams carbs amounts.

I don't do without a thing. I watch portion sizes. If I want, for example, a can of mountain dew today; I know I can't have another kind of snack also. I make sure I get at least a can a week. I now drink the caffeine free kind. I drink the bottle Lipton sweetened tea. It has been a great tool to get off the pop. I take the bottle split it between 3 bottles and then add my own caffeine free Lipton tea to the bottles. Lowers the carbs to about 11 each. I figure by spring I will be drinking tea again with no sugar and no caffeine. This is how I went from 6 cans of pop a day to 1 or 2 a week. I had to lower the caffeine slowly, I was getting terrible headaches. Would have thought just doing this would have dropped a ton of weight off me but it didn't lol.

I try to make sure I get the required amounts of the four basic food groups in. From time to time I don't get all of them in but not to often. There are times I am under 1200, there are times I am over 1400. My % of fats and carbs seem to always be between 22 to 24% fat and 50 to 60% carbs the rest is protein. I eat at least 2 fruits a day, I have at least 1 salad a day. I eat things I like, I don't eat diet foods. I have to say weight watchers has great snack foods. Their fudge bars are to die for and so are their sherbet bars. Skinny cow has great ice cream sandwiches. Both brands are low in fat, pretty good on carbs and taste great.

I eat lean cuisines for lunch or dinner when I am not very hungry or the family is having something I just don't want like kielbasa. I try to only do this a couple of times a week. Better to stick with real food. I have found I love tuna in water and I eat a lot of it. Chicken breast ( Be careful not all chicken breasts are created the same. Some chicken breasts can be 1 gram of fat for 4oz, some can be 6 grams of fat for the same amount of oz ) are something I have a lot of, you can add them to just about anything.

I do walking/aerobic videos every night. They are only 15 to 30 min long, 1 or 2 mile videos. Everyone has that amount of time to give them selfs. I have some upper body exercises I do a couple of times a week with 1lb weights. Going to switch to 2lbs weights after Christmas. I have no desire for muscles or abs that show. Just hoping exercise will help tone things as I lose the weight. This is something I started doing right at the beginning. Want to do what I can to not have that excess skin people are saying they get as they lose weight. So far don't have any, knock on wood.

I have been eating this way so long I really don't think much about it. I try to make sure I eat 6 times a day. I am never hungry. I don't do without a thing. I have no fear of going back to this or that because I eat what I want. Just watching what I eat in a day and portion sizes.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-21-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:44 AM   #176  
Rennie

Shad
I had one very bad Christmas. I am not going to allow that to mess up my entire life. There is almost always good to remember. We, sometimes just have to look for it instead of dwelling on the bad.

Cee
Don't blame me because you are a child at heart and just couldn't wait lol. So glad you enjoyed and got a smile on your face.

Melody
Sometimes you all are like a can of worms. You just can't wait to open the can even though you don't want to see what is inside lol.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:32 AM   #177  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

We're about to head out. Safe travels for all.

Glad to hear your sister is ok Shad. What a scare!

We'll catch up again Mel - though maybe not 5 hours again Have a lovely Christmas and don't do any bad stuff you'll have to pay for later

Best wishes to the rest of the gang for a lovely Christmas holiday.

Talk to you next week
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:45 AM   #178  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD~ I JUST READ CJ'S COMMENT TO YOU ASND FOUND 2 OTHER POSTS I SEEM TO HAVE MISSED. BUT I AM GLAD THERE IS A HAPPY ENDING. WHAT A SCAE IT MUST HAVE BEEN AND NOT BEING ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH FOR AWHILE. WISHING YOU ALL A HAPPY GET TOGETHER FOR THE HOLIDAYS AND SENDING LOVE FROM PORANGI TO ALL OF YOU. JEN SENDS HER CHRISTMAS WISHES AS WELL AND SAID SHE WILL BE CAREFUL TRAVELING. SHE SPEAKS OF YOU LIKE PART OF THE FAMILY. RICHIE IS STILL IMPRESSED WITH YOUR COMING HERE AND THE MAYOR WITH YOU COURAGE!!
ENJOY THE TIME OFF WITH THE FAMILY

RENNIE~ NEXT YEAR WE SHOULD ALL HIRE YOU FOR YOUR DECLUTTERING AND ORGANIZING SKILLS AND THERE WOULD BE YOUR JOB HAVE MOP AND GARBAGE BAGS WILL TRAVEL!!!

CEEJAY~ I AM GLAD TOO THAT YOU OPENED YOUR PRESENT. THINGS MADE BY CHILDREN COME FROM THE HEART AND ARE FILLED WITH LOVE AND INNOCENCE. <----HERE'S SOME SANTA SPIRIT FOR YOU!!!

PATTY~ THE YEAR END CRUNCH IS PRESSING ON ALL OF US. HANG IN THERE. SORRY FOR THE WEIGHT GAIN BUT I AM SURE YOU WILL ONCE AGAIN GET FOCUSED AND GET THOSE PESKY POUNDS OFF!!! AT LEAST YOU HAD THE COURAGE TO GET ON THE SCALE!!! I ON THE OTHER HAND AM NOT WEIGHING TILL JANUARY!

HAPPY~ I WAS LAUGHING IN BED LAST NIGHT ABOUT THE RED SHOES. FOR SOME REASON THE THOUGHT OF US WEARING THE SAME PAIR WAS CRACKING ME UP...MUST HAVE BEEN OVERTIRED
GUESS YOU WILL BE LEAVING SOON. SAFE TRIP MYU FRIEND AND HAVE A GREAT REUNION!!

I AM 1/2 DRESSED FOR THE PARTY BUT STILL WAITING FOR THE NEWS GUY TO CALL ABOUT THE TEXT FOR THE ARTICLE. WANNA BET HE SAYS HE COULD NOT REACH ME AND WRITE WHAT HE WANTS?? HE MAKES ME NERVOUS ANYWAY!!! LOL
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WILL NOT BE HERE I SEND GOOD WISHES FOR SAFE AND HAPPY JOURNIES. HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME WITH FAMILIES AND FRIENDS.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF US. A NEW YEAR AND A NEW YOU IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.
TO ALL OUR MISSING AND LURKING CHICKLETTES. STAY WELL AND ASENDING
HAPPY FRIDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #179  

I ate to much at the department christmas luncheon. It was good When will I learn to take smaller portions. I've probably gained back that 1 pound and gained two more from the way I feel.

I'm getting ready to head out the door to go to my aunt and uncles for the weekend. I may pass on dinner tonight. She told me we were having ribs.

Every one have a great week end.

I'll try to get some christmas cheer going soon.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:45 PM   #180  
Rennie

cee
You have a great deal more willpower than I do if you can pass on ribs. YUMMMMMMMMMM.

Melody
Is a shame I can't find a job and get paid for what I have been doing for over 35 years lol. Oh ya pay me min wage to 9 dollars an hour. Heck I can sit at home for that kind of money and clean my own house lol.