Old 12-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #286  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Ruth
We do the same. I tend to be the driver lol. Trying to make young people understand just 1 drink effects your driveing is hard. Heck of course it is hard, there are adults that don't seem to understand that.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:10 PM   #287  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

NAE~ I AM GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE. NEW YEAR'S BLESSINGS BACK TO YOU! HAVE A SAFE TRIP AND HAVE FUN!! WE'RE GOING TO GET HEALTHY THIS YEAR IF IT KILLS US! JOIN THE FUN! ALSO, GOOD LUCK WITH THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUTH...IF YOU HAVE THAT MUCH TO DRINK....THEN MAYBE YOU CAN CHANGE THE PERSUASION OF ONE OF THE 3! AT LEAST IT WOULD BE FUN TRYING!!

CEEJAY~ GLAD YOU BOUGHT THE BOOK. I SOMETIMES READ FROM PAGE 21 ONWARD TO GET MYSELF MOTIVATED FOR CHANGES....BOTH PAST AND PRESENT. I REALLY LIKE THIS GUY AND FEEL LIKE I CAN READ BETWEEN THE LINES...HOPE THAT MADE SENSE! ENJOY THE READING. I'M HAVING CHICKEN.....DOES THAT MEAN I'M GETTING FEATHERS FOR 2008? OR JUST PLAIN OL' CHICKEN POOP!!
SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS TO THE GRANDFATHER.

CARLA.... I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THE BACK. ONE THING I DO LOVE ARE LIDODERM PATCHES BUT THEY NEED SCRIPTS TOO. NEXT TIME YOU GO TO THE DOCTOR ASK FOR ONE. THEY STORE EASY, LAST A LONG TIME ON THE SHELF AND NUMB THE CRAP OUT OF MY BACK. I LOVE THEM I PUT ONE ON OR CUT IT IN HALF AND STICK BOTH PIECES ON, THEN WRAP UP IN A BLANKIE AND JUST WAIT! THEY DON'T STICK VERY WELL TO MY SKIN IF I MOVE AROUND A LOT BUT THEN IF I CAN MOVE .... I DON'T NEED THE PATCHES HUH??? HOPE YOU GET SOME RELIEF.

I JUST TOOK A LUKEWARM SHOWER. NOT NICE AT ALL. BUT THERE MIGHT NOT BE TIME BEFORE THE WORKMEN COME IN THE A.M. I JUST HEARD THERE WILL BE NO BOSSES AT ALL AND ONLY US WORKERBEES...I DID WARN EVERYONE THAT I WILL GET THEM STARTED, STICK A MAINTENANCE MAN WITH THEM AND THEN LEAVE. THEY CAN CALL ME ON THE RADIO. I'M ONLY UP ONE FLIGHT OF STAIRS!! NOT LIKE I'M MILES AWAY!! THEY CAN EITHER RUN UP OR I'LL RIDE DOWN.
HOLIDAY MENU: BROILED CHICKEN BREASTS, MASHED YAMS, STUFFING, SPINACH AND A WEE BIT OF CRANBERRY SAUCE. THE STUFFING AND YAMS ARE COUNTRY CROCK SIDE DISHES ALREADY PREPARED. SO NOT MUCH COOKING AT ALL AND JEN, RICHIE AND I CAN EAT WITH NO FUSS OR MUSS.
BETTER GET READY TO LIE DOWN. FANNY IS TIRED TODAY. EVER HAVE ONE OF THOSE DAYS WHERE YOU GET TIRED SITTING?
SWEET DREAMS TO ALL THE CHICKS HERE!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #288  
Rennie

I don't know if I pulled something or what I did. A couple of weeks ago, a week ago something like that lol. I did a three mile walk and then went out and shoveled snow for a couple of hours. My hip seemed really tired. Ever since then not really the hip itself but my upper outer thigh and lower thigh right above the knee and calf right below the knee has hurt. Not the joints mind you. They seem to get better and then they are bothering me again. Wonder what I could have done. I have been taking it easy on the exercise but that doesn't seem to matter. Some days they bother me other days they don't.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #289  
Smackin' into a Wall

Howdy Chicks! Here we are as the holidays wind down. The DH has to go back to work tomorrow, but I am off until Wednesday. Today I wandered out to the ‘burbs and hung out with my sister for a while. We went for lunch and then ended up carousing in a bookstore. A good time was had by all. The only other thing I did today was to transform myself back into a redhead for New Years. Not sure I like it all that much, but it is certainly different.

Carla~ Winter tires area great idea especially given the kind of weather Ottawa gets, but I’ve always wondered… what does one do with the summer tires if one does not have a garage? Stacking ‘em in the spare room doesn’t seem like a good solution.

Ceejay~ Congrats on the good evaluation and the upcoming raise. That’s so great that they appreciate you and you are doing well.

Mel~ Thanks for the New Years resolution article. The only resolution I ever make is to never make resolutions! But you could apply all of that to any non-date specific goal. Good stuff.

Happy~ Yeah, I’ve trained the Boy to pluck the hard to reach hairs for me, since my sight that close is shot. He’s a good boy! First we get the grey, then the fly hairs, and I’ve now also lost my ability to remember nouns. Everything is now the “thingie”. Heck, it’s easier that way.

Ruth~ There would be worse ways to spend a New Years. All the gay men I know are funny and charming and have just the right amount of *****y thrown in for seasoning. I hear what you say about the feeding frenzy. I love the holidays, but this point I really just want some bran cereal for breakfast and a nice cup of soup.

Mel~ Here’s to taking the high road. Maybe that should be our motto for 2008.

Like everyone else, it seems, I’m tired of being surrounded by unplaced presents and papers: the debris of the season (or as Ruth says, the dandruff). Tomorrow, I will hit the gym and then pick up a few goodies for New Year’s Eve, since we are going to our standard “dress up nice” house party and it’s always good to bring a few things to share. I am thinking stuffed olives and maybe see what over delicacies I can find at The Market, after that, if there is time, some time will be spent rearranging the apartment to try to make it livable again.

Our Cow Cat, Gracie, is lying on the window ledge, right above the baseboard heater and snoring softly. It’s really cute. I think I need to go bug her. Hi to everyone else here, sorry I don’t have more time to comment.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:23 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
I think today has been one of those day's of sitting to long for me also. I'm ready to stretch out myself.
Reenie
It sounds like you have over done it shoveling the snow. Have your doctor check it on your next visit.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:05 PM   #291  

Mel, thanks for your concern. I still can't sit or get dressed without the spasm starting up again, but apart from that I'm much better. Actually struggled into a pair of huge plaid pajama pants and went out for a short walk to buy some more robaxacet and a little self-medication, if you get my drift. I'm not surprised your poor tushie gets sore. Do you have one of those marvelous gel seats to help take the pressure off? Or maybe some fine personal padding back there to cushion you? (I'm a bone-butt myself. Never could sit for long without whining.)

Ruth, your three gay dinner partners trump my one, and besides I have a feeling your cooking is better than the leftover pot roast it seems we're having. Just as well I don't have your address, or we might just land in on you - maybe start a romance between my widowed friend and your recently separated buddy!

Madcat, great to hear from you! The tire storage is a problem for all us condo dwellers. Right now they're in my locker along with a whole world of other stuff. Any time I want to get anything out I have to pull a ton of stuff out first. Grrr.
Here's wishing you and DH a wonderful new year's eve out. I have a feeling the red hair is probably pretty hot! By the way, what are fly hairs???

Howdy Ceejay, enjoy your time off. I think you said you weren't going away, so it'll be a nice rest for you after the extra work. Such a sad time for your co-worker, I'm glad you were able to fill in for him.

Hungry cats a-calling. Time for this servant to do their bidding.

carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:24 AM   #292  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Happy New Year's Eve!

Wow, last day of 2007. This year more than any has really flown past. And it's pretty much a blur of things too. Shad's visit, a new job for me, the loss of my dear aunt. Can't remember too much of what went on.

I like Mel's idea of a new fresh start with a eye to making a difference in 2008. I think I'm going to start a journal this year. Not an online one, just for me with thoughts and encouragements and reminders. I saw a great quote - "It's never too late to be the person you might have been..." Apologies if it's one of you that said it but that and the Dr. Phil quote - "I want you to get excited about your life" have been rattling around in this empty head of mine.

I wish us all love, health and happiness for the new year to come toasting you with water

Ow Carla - I'll send you some linament for the spasm. Never have figured out how to work through those. They say sometimes the woman's cramping meds are good since they contain anti-spasmotics. Hope you feel better because those cats want you at their bidding when they give you the hairy eyeball I had to laugh at your description of the apartment dwellers "storage unit". The lower level of our apartment building had storage cages on the other side of the laundry room. I remember them being chock full of stuff like the Christmas tree. Can still picture the art of trying to cram more in and actually getting INTO and out of the cage without being buried!

Thanks for the explanation Ceejay - I do see that peas are big down here. I'll pass on the hog jowls too - picked up a nice 2 bone prime rib roast for tonight Are you working today and tomorrow? We'll certainly need our water tomorrow for all the drinking that will go on tonight so glad you're on the job Ditto to Mel's comment about letting us know how Bob Greene's book is. I was tempted to buy it but I have so many unused diet books that I promised myself I would not buy another. I stumbled upon a website - eatbetteramerica.com - you can search on best life diet and it will come up with a bunch of recipes that look pretty darn tasty. Last night I made DH eat a strawberry peach chicken salad from that site. I already had salmon for myself but tasted his and it was quite good. More a summer dish and winter but we wanted something on the lighter side for dinner last night.

Madcat - I remember your picture from the original journals and I've always thought that you made a fabulous redhead. But when you've been away from it for a while, it does seem a bit drastic. Perhaps next time a compromise to a strawberry blond? Not that I tan in the summer but I'm especially pale in the winter and it seems the red tones really give some warmth and color to your face. Hope you have a good time at your dress up party. Seems like New Year's eve would be the one time and place to get all fancied up. But does that entail trying to get used to high heels again? Woooooops.

Shy - will ask Carla to pass the linament over to you when she's done with it. It seems like the shovelling posture is to lean into the dominant side. Shovelling is pretty strenuous work for the most part unless you get the super cold, light as a feather powder snow. Take a hot bath with some eucalyptus salts to pull the pain out and gently stretch the muscles to get the acid out of them.

Miss Mel - I like the sounds of your holiday dinner. Nice and healthy and good for the peepers. Bravo on making good choices! I'm sorry you had to take a lukewarm shower. No one should have to do that in the winter - brrrrr. Hope they fix the pipes. I am challenging you my sister to be my buddy in 2008. We will get outselves to health and happiness if we have to drag each other there

Blessings to you too Rose. Safe and happy travels...

What could be MORE fun than gay guys at New Year's eve? Ruth I'm envious. You are sure to ring in the new year with lot's of laughter. Have a ball!!!!

And SHAD GET YER BUTT BACK IN HERE. I know you are home and lovin' it but we're family too and we deserve just as much face time Seriously hope you are having a good week at home. At least I THINK that's where you are!

Ok, I do have to get some work done today.

Love and hugs to those missing at the moment.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #293  

Happy, thanks for the linament - it seems to be helping. Considering I could barely move at first, this has healed up fast. Must have been all the exercise I got hobbling to the fridge and back! The cats are pleased - I was finally able to clean the litter box this morning. Hmmm. The neighours probably appreciated that one too. Their gas masks can go back in their lockers.
Speaking of lockers, my ex kept his huge pile of stinky, sweat-stained goalie equipment in mine. He fished as well, and since we had nowhere to keep a canoe, he had not one but two float tubes in the locker. I don't think I went in there more than five times over as many years, all my stuff was stored in corners here and there. I've never been able to figure out why I still have no extra room now that all his toys are gone.

Tomorrow is the new year at last. I think I'll try to join Mel and Happy on the high road, with more patience, less self-righteousness, less anger, and a more positive attitude, although it'll be a real stretch for me. And speaking of stretching, my new fitness goal will be to improve my non-existant flexibility and also to try to build some muscle so there won't be any more of these muscle spasms. It's not as if I don't know that strength training is good for weight loss too. There may even be a return to WW in my future, although my crystal ball is a little murky on that.

SHAD!!! Don't make me come looking for you!!! We miss you.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:38 PM   #294  
Rennie

happy
This has been going on for a week or two. You would think they would have worked them self out by now.

Carla
Sure hope you are feeling better soon. Today is a good day. Not bothering me at all. Heaven knows how I will feel this evening lol.

Cee
I am going to it this keeps up. I have a couple of videos to do tomorrow and an upper body workout. These things HAVE to be done lol. Ok, so maybe I won't be putting my whole heart into them if those darn muscles start acting up again. lol
Old 12-31-2007, 04:02 PM   #295  
Happy September

OMG I HAVE NO TIME TO READ JUST RIGHT NOW. SEEMS LIKE THE OLD YEAR IS GOING OUT WITH A BIG BANG!!
BUT JEN & RICHIE ARE HOME AND ALL IS WELL IN OUR LITTLE CORNER OF THE WORLD. THEY GOT CAUGHT UP FOR ALMOST 3 HRS IN GEORGIA WITH SOME BIG ACCIDENT. JUST GOT OUT OF THE OFFICE. NO ONE WAS HERE AND LOTS OF REPAIRMEN AND ACCOUNTANTS. THE ACCTS ARE STILL DOWNSTAIRS. SO AFTER I EAT AND CATCH MY BREATH I WILL BE BACK.

BUT JUST IN CASE............

WISHING MY DEAREST AND NEAREST....THE WORLDLY
SISTER CHICKS OF THE WORLD....A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR. LET'S PRACTICE BEING GOOD TO OURSELVES THIS YEAR. AFTER ALL WE DESERVE IT. HEALTH ABOVE ALL IS IMPORTANT. SENDING LOVE TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES. I KNOW FOR SOME OF YOU THIS IS A TOUGH TIME AND NOT EVERYTHING IS HAPPY AND HEALTHY IN YOUR LIVES AND SO MY SPECIAL WISH FOR YOU IS PEACE OF MIND AND LOTS OF STRENGTH.

I NEED A FAST SHOWER BEFORE MY RADIO GOES OFF AGAIN FOR THE BOYS DOWN IN THE OFFICE. WE HAVE LIFTOFF WITH THE HOT WATER!!! YAY!!!
SEE YA LATER AND STAY SAFE!!
Old 12-31-2007, 04:51 PM   #296  
Smackin' into a Wall

Just a quick drive-by myself to wish everyone a happy New Year!!! Mel's quite right and let me second her wish for happiness and, abve all, good health to all the Worldly Chicks for 2008. I don't always say it but it does make my world a better place in that you chicks are part of it.

Let's celebrate!

And Shad is already in 2008...
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:41 PM   #297  
Happy September

I MISS SHADDIE TOO

WELL GIRLS I READ EVERYONE'S POST BUT EVERY PART OF ME IS ASKING FOR REST. SO I HOPE ALL THE ACHING BODY PARTS ON CARLA AND RENNIE GET BETTER (MINE AND ANYONE ELSE'S TOO), MADCAT, YOU ENJOY YOUR HOUSE PARTY...GOTTA LOVE THE NEW YEAR'S RED HAIR!!! CARLA CAN ENJOY THE MEDICATIONS
AND ALL OF THE "OTHER' SELF-PRESCRIBED "MEDICATIONS!
THAT WE FIND OUR SISTER SHAD. CEEJAY AND I CAN READ TO EACH OTHER AND RUTH AND I CAN SIT AND ENJOY SOME SOUP AND QUIET WITH HAPPY BEFORE SHE LEAVES FOR VEGAS BABY!!!

SEE YOU ALL IN 2008

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-31-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Be safe this new years eve.

The best to each of you in 2008.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:28 PM   #299  
Rennie

Wishing everyone a wonderful new year. May each and every one of us be happy, healthy and thinner than we were the year before.

Letting everyone know. I did a few sweating to the oldies tapes and I feel just about as good as new. Just what I needed I guess, a very low aerobics work out ( well 4 of them lol ) to stretch everything out and make it all feel good.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:50 PM   #300  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Wishing you all a great 2008. A year that filled with thrills and happiness and the joy of being alive. Keep near in your hearts those who have gone before you and cherish those who mean the most to you.

This is the year we eat the elephant ladies - one little bite at a time - and I'm talking metaphorically of course.

We had a lovely candlelight dinner - the prime rib was fabulous. I have party red tootsies and a new lip gloss called Lip Venom that gives you pouty, shiny, tingly lips - I think it's time I took a spin around the kitchen with DH

And to all my 3FC friends ---

Last edited by happy2bme; 12-31-2007 at 09:08 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote