Old 12-04-2007, 02:48 AM   #31  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I put some of my weekend photos up on Webshots. Click on the link and go to the Western Australia album if you are interested. The new ones are on page 5.
http://community.webshots.com/user/joy_clover
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #32  

Morning!!
Kids went to school. It was clear here until about 8:30. By the time the bus got here at 9am there was no visibility and snow covered roads. We are getting dumped on. The bus driver/ my neighbour told me not to try and go to work. I have called my clients and I am home for now. Hopefully it will die down by 3pm for the kids to come home.

Hubby went to work so I am blissfully alone!!! May be he will go to a friends in the city for the day So much to do!!!!! I had enough running commentary from the couch yesterday , while documentary were blasting, to last me all winter. He even corrected me for how i was helping the kids with piano. Um.... I have 7 years of lessons under my belt , he has never even looked at the piano. Minor vent done. I am thankful he wasn't all crusty and mean.

Cant wait to get out and shovel but will wait til these flurries stop!!

Gonna make myself a little omlet.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #33  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Still in my robe, sipping coffee and listening to Christmas music. Need to clean up this crack house a bit - tidying not vacuuming and dusting. I seem to have become very messy since getting back from out West. I guess I was used to being looked after by my DD and hotel staff!

This afternoon I'll wrap and mail the final gifts and then take Hershey for pet therapy at five. I may change that time for the winter as I detest night driving!

My legs are still cold from shoveling yesterday! Guess I shouldn't have shaved them!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Ruth
I wish I were in my robe sitting in my favorite spot in the living room with hot chocolate. But alas I'm at work. Shoveling snow is good exercise. Stay warm.

Holly
Put your Christmas music on and let the day begin. Enjoy the peaceand quiet.

Happy
Hope the carpal tunel is better. I feel for you. I ended up having surgery for mine years ago.

Reenie
I see from your ticker that you have lost another couple of pounds. Good for you. You have been inspiring to me.

Nothing new here.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #35  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Cee
I am plugging away lol. I have a weigh in Thursday, since this is the day they rescheduled my sons appointment to. Want the darn thing to be over with lol, I get nervous about weigh in day just like everyone else.

Ruth
Get busy girl lol. What is pet therapy and do not shave the legs. That extra hair protects from the cold lol.

Holly
Nice when the kids get off to school and the hubby is at work. I love the house empty lol. Take it easy on the shoveling. Take lots of breaks. The body doesn't like getting cold and being worked.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-04-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:55 PM   #36  

Thought I would share some wintry bliss!! I have shoveled for over 3 hours already today and it is still coming down.
Out back.

Out front.

Facing the road.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #37  

Morning all from the moderate to warm south. Sun is shining, threat of rain this arvo and it is around 21C or 72F if you like it that way.

It's work, work and more work over here. I can't see me ever getting finished by the due date (31.12.07) and I have no intention of being here over Christmas to get things up to date.

Holly, that snow looks darned cold. I think I will just stick to my air con office and tee shirts. I don't own anything that would keep me warm in those temps.

Ruth - since your into cleaning - can you come and do mine. It's mostly tidying with a bit of dusting and sweeping. Is that what shaving the legs does for you?? Keeps you cold?? Well, who'd a thunk it.

Rennie - Happy weigh in day. Hope it's a good one.

Time to make a phone call and get on with it I guess. See ya later.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #38  
Rennie

I didn't get to do the weight in. They changed my sons appointment to Thursday. Oh I hate the weight or is that wait lol.

Holly
It is beautiful, thank you for the pics, I love your home. I don't mind the snow. Don't even mind to shovel this year since I now know how good of exercise it is lol.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #39  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WARNING WILL ROBINSON...THE RAMBLINGS OF A DEMENTED DECEMBER DUCK FOLLOWS:
I HAVE TO SAY I HAD A WONDERFUL DAY TODAY. WENT FOOD SHOPPING WITH JEN. PUT EVERYTHING AWAY AND HELPED OPUT IN THE OFFICE. ONE OF THE GIRLS HAS HURT HER BACK AND WILL BE OUT TILL THURS OR FRI.
JEN AND I NEED TO MAKE ABOUT 2 MORE TRIPS TO THE STORE FOR THE REST OF THE WINTER SUPPLIES. I LIKE TO GET A LOT OF BIRD STUFF, NON-PERISHABLES AND PAPER GOODS. THEN THE LITTLE STORE DOWN THE STREET CAN DELIVER THE MILK AND BREAD STUFF WHEN THE BAD WEATHER COMES. SO WE ARE ON OUR WAY.
THIS YEAR I SAW TO IT THE SENIORS GOT TO DECORATE THEIR OWN TREE....I MAY HAVE SAID THIS ALREADY....WO WHEN I WAS DOWN TODAY THEY ARE ALL SO EXCITED AND EACH ONE TOOK ME INTO THE COMMUNITY ROOM TO SEE THE TREE...I MUST HAVE REPEATED THIS ABOUT 50 X'S TODAY!! I THINK MY TIRES WORE A BLOODY HOLE OUT IN THE CARPET!! AND THEY ARE JUST SOOOO PROUD OF HOW IT LOOKS TOO! I WAS VERY SENTIMENTAL TODAY AND REALLY HAD A TOUGH TIME NOT CRYING WITH EACH ONE OF THEM.
THERE HAS BEEN ANOTHER DEATH IN THE HOUSE AND MANY OF THEM HAVE BEEN SICK, IN & OUT OF THE HOSPITAL THESE PAST 2 MONTHS. MORE THIS YEAR THAN THE 20 YEARS I HAVE BEEN HERE. PNEUMONIA IS RUNNING RAMPANT AMONGST THEM AND UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS. BEEN A TOUGH SEASON.
SO WE MADE JOKES...OR RATHER I DID....THEY LAUGHED A LOT. THEY STILL LOVE WHEN I SAY WTF AND GO HYSTERICAL OVER IT. I THINK THEY LIKE THE SHOCK OF THE F WORD. JEN FINISHED(ALMOST) PAINTING THE 2 SETS OF FRONT DOORS, INSIDE AND OUTSIDE. THEY HAVE GONE BANANAS OVER THE WINDOWS AND SOME SAT QUIETLY WHILE SHE PAINTED. JEN HAS QUITE A FOLLOWING. SHE USED TO WORK FOR SENIOR CITIZEN AFFAIRS AND THEY STILL MISS HER. I WAS SO PROUD OF JEN. SHE HAS SUCH A NATURAL GIFT WITH THESE SENIORS AND THEY JUST LOVE HER SO. EVEN THE ONES THAT HAVE A HARD TIME SHOWING ANY LOVE ARE BEING DEMONSTRATIVE. IT AMAZES ME WHAT A LITTLE KINDNESS CAN BRING OUT IN PEOPLE AND EVEN AFTER 20 YEARS IT STILL AMAZES ME. SO I WAS HAPPY ALL DAY BUT TEARFUL TOO.
I MADE A GIANT DISCOVERY TODAY. IT MAY SOUND SAD BUT ACTUALLY IT WAS A REAL EYE OPENER. I AM ALWAYS TALKING ABOPUT HOW THE SENIORS FAMILIES COULDN'T WAIT TO BE SHOT OF THEM AND STUCK THEM ALL IN A BLDG LIKE THIS AND THEN YOU NEVER SEE THEM. WELL RECENTLY....LIKE TODAY....I REALIZED ONE REASON I CRY SO MUCH AFTER THEY TELL ME THEIR STORY OR I WITNESS IT WITH MY OWN EYES IS BECAUSE MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY DID IT TO ME TOO. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I TRULY FELT IT. WONDER WHY I NEVER REALIZED IT BEFORE. GOD KNOWS MY OLD "FRIENDS" SAID OFTEN ENOUGH THAT I WAS FINALLY IN THE "PLACE WHERE I BELONGED"... AND THAT IS A DIRECT QUOTE.
I WONDERED THEN WHAT JEN THINKS OR HAS BEEN THINKING. MAYBE THATS'S WHERE SOME OF ANGER COMES FROM. I ALWAYS GET THE FEELING FROM HER OF ABANDONMENT AND ASSUMED IT WAS FROM HER DAD BUT TODAY I AM THINKING DIFFERENTLY. AFTER THE HOLIDAYS I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE A LITTLE TALK. I DON'T WANT HER TO EVER THINK LIKE WE "DESERVED" TO BE HERE LIKE OTHERS HAVE SAID IN THE PAST.
IT'S FUNNY HOW SUCH A GREAT DAY CAN OPEN THE DOOR TO THE TRUTH OF WHAT AILS US IF WE JUST TAKE A MOMENT TO LISTEN TO SOMEONE ELSE. I AM GLAD I HAD THIS DAY AND EVEN MORE GRATEFUL THAT ONE OF MY PIECES TO MY PUZZLE OF LIFE HAS FINALLY FIT.
HOPE THIS NOVELETTE MADE SENSE!! THE RAMBLINGS OF THE ENLIGHTENED ARE USUALLY ONLY INTERESTING TO THOSE RECENTLY ENLIGHTENED! EOFLMAO
LOVE TO YOU ALL. TIRED AND READY FOR BED. STAYED WITH THE MEN TILL 6PM. MY "BROTHER" SAL WAS COMPLAINING THAT I NEVER SPEND ANY TIME WITH THEM AND SO WAS WILLY. HE EVEN CAME BACK TO BS WITH US TILL 4!! I CANNOT SAY IT OFTEN ENOUGH. THESE GUYS ARE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE.
I HAVE TO GET SOME BATTERIES AND TAKE PICS OF THE WINDOWS AND TREE. I SAY THIS EVERY YEAR!!! LOL
I ALSO DELETED WEBSHOTS FROM HY HARD DRIVE AND WILL TRY TO DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN. IT WAS CLOGGING UP THE WORKS. I KNOW I AM MISSING SOME PROGRAM FROM DELL SINCE THE LAST CRASH. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHICH OR WHERE IT IS. BUT IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH PICTURES. ONE DAY I MIGHT JUST FIGURE IT OUT.
HAPPY TUESDAY!!! SWEET DREAMS AND GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:18 AM   #40  
Rennie

Melody
My daughter and I go to the local nursing home twice a week and read, do puzzles and just chat with some of the old dears. Is very sad to see some of them there that have no one to visit them. Is even more sad to see some of them there that have family and because they were such hateful nasty people they have no one that cares about them.

The tree is done, and if I say so myself lol, it looks lovely. Was well worth all the work.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #41  
Happy September

RENNIE~ WE HAVE SOME OF THOSE NASTY ONES HERE TOO! LOL THEY SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ME

FOR THOSE PRESSED FOR TIME, JUST IGNORE MY POSTS THIS WEEK. SEEMS LIKE I AM ON A ROLL ABOUT THIS AND THAT.
GOOD MORNING CHICKS BOTH NEAR AND FAR!! AND A COLD AND BLUSTERY MORNING IT IS ON THE EAST COAST TOO! I HAVE ALREADY FINISHED EVERY ORDER THAT WAS GIVEN ME LAST NIGHT, THE PHONES ARE COVERED, AND I AM DONE FOR THE DAY. ALL BEFORE 10 AM TOO! I EVEN TOOK CARE OF A PET PEEVE OF MINE:
IN OUR BUILDING OF 100 WE RECEIVED MAIL ASKING FOR DONATIONS FOR THE VOLUNTEER AMBULANCE SQUAD.
WHEN I WENT FOR MY MAIL, THE WASTEPAPER BASKET WAS FILLED TO OVERFLOWING WITH THESE UNOPENED REQUESTS. IT'S NOT THE FIRST YEAR I NOTICED IT BUT IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I WAS TRULY SADDENED BY THE SIGHT. THIS WAS CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO BE ONE OF THOSE "ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE" KIND OF TIMES.
IN A BLDG OF 100 SENIOR AND DISABLED PERSONS, WHO USE THE AMBULANCE LIKE A PERSONAL FREE TAXI SERVICE, NO ONE WAS SENDING A DIME. HOW SAD IS THAT!
SO LAST NIGHT I MADE A CANNISTER AND LABELED IT WITH CUTOUTS FROM THE LETTER THAT I RECEIVED. I PUT OUR DONATION INTO IT AND ALSO EMPTIED MY COIN BANK AS WELL. BEGINNING TOMORROW I AM PUTTING THE CANNISTER IN THE LUNCHROOM EVERY MORNING UNTIL SOMETIME IN JANUARY WHEN I WILL SEND IT, UNOPENED, OVER TO THE SQUAD. HOPEFULLY THERE WILL BE SOME BIG BUCKS TO GIVE THEM.
I WILL THINK GOOD THOUGHTS TILL THEN! EVER THE OPTIMIST AM I.
HEALTHWISE, I AM FEELING MUCH IM PROVED. I THINK THE TIDAL WAVE HAS BEEN REDUCED TO A ROLLING SURF OF SORTS. SO ALL IS WELL IN MY CORNER OF THE WORLD. SORRY IF I AM NOT MAKING A LOT OF SENSE AND HOPEFULLY NOT BRINGING ANYONE "DOWN: CAUSE I AM STILL LAUGHING MYSELF OVER HERE
HAPPY WEDNESDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-05-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #42  
Happy September

For women only:
"Okay, Okay, it all makes sense now...

I never looked at it this way before:

MEN tal illness

MEN strual cramps

MEN tal breakdown

MEN opause

GUYnecologist

AND ...

When we have REAL trouble, it's a

HISterectomy.

Ever notice how all of women's problems start with MEN? "
Old 12-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #43  
Rennie

Melody
Glad you are feeling better. I have never really understood people. They will go to star bucks and spend a ton on a cup of coffee and yet they are to cheap to give a few bucks to help people.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Never looked at "men" that way before. That is cute. May send this one to my sister. Sometimes things open our eyes so to speak and when its does makes us feel better mentally and physically. Enjoy the day and season.

Holly
Thanks for the pictures. Look at all the snow! I don't think the south could handle that much of it.

Shad, Carla, Madcat, Reenie, and Happy have a good day.

Still nothing new to report.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #45  

Morning all,
Got woken up this morning by the alarm and climbed out of bed rubbing my eyes and yawning. Ready to do the daily exercise NOT. It was very cool so I hopped back into bed for 5 minutes and woke up nearly 2 hours later. No exercise, no breakfast, no nothing this morning. So here I am facing another dreary day. I wonder who will lose their cool today in this place. Seems to be happening at least once a day.

Mel - seems that you having having a strange period in your life. It may help you to adapt to what is to be the rest of your life. I hope we get to see some pictures of the windows this year. Jen's spring windows were pretty when I was there. I hope you get some peace out of the revelations of your mind!

Morning Rennie and Ceejay. Hope you both have a fun day.

I'd better go and sort the masses. The phone is ringing, the email is running rampant and I just want to go home!!!!