3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Newbies Stickin' With It! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/124206-newbies-stickin.html)

Shay 10-22-2007 06:56 AM

Saralou- You can have Johnny Depp. No takers here. Thanks for the info about subscribing to threads.

I'm down 3lbs this week. Yeah! Gotta go get ready for work. I will check in later.

Everyone have a fantastic day.

mothermavis 10-22-2007 07:14 AM

Great job to those chicks who've lost. Alas, I have not. I am still at 159 this am. I hope it does not take as long to get thru the 150,s as it did to get below 160!

I can't complain, I was not perfect this weekend. Already admitted to Friday's sin. I ended up making chili instead of soup Saturday, lots more fat. Also had to go to the mall yesterday, stopped at Chicago Grill & drank a Raspberry Colada, awesome, but definitely not on my low-carb plan!! :mad:

cldwv 10-22-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likenoother (Post 1899587)
.Cldwv--I saved you for last on purpose. I was so in love with Duran Duran. I was a member of their fan club. I had their posters all over my walls. I'm in the process of trying to replace my tapes (yes I still have them) with cds. My favorite was John Taylor. One friend liked Simon LeBon and another loved Nick Rhoades. Our friendships were perfect because we all liked a different one. It would have really caused some trouble if either of us liked each other's guy.

Ahhhh, I love to hear this. There are lots of us out there. You just have to dig a little to find them. I was totally in love with Nick. The sad fact is I haven't changed much from those days. I just transferred my obsessions.

Sorry I've been away guys. It has been a horrible week. I mean really horrible. On the verge of quitting my job and telling a certain few to shove it kind of horrible. I must get back on track. The stress in my life is becoming unbearable and I have to find a healthy way to deal with it. The treadmill may be the answer. Miss you all!

Shay 10-22-2007 01:36 PM

Cldwv--I found another Duran Duran fan that is in one of the professional organizations I'm a member of...we are out here. I think the treadmill would be excellent for your stress or a good kickboxing session. You could also go the other route and do some yoga.

pinkislove 10-22-2007 09:27 PM

Hi Ladies - congrats to those of you losing!!!

I am still holding steady but it's no surprise considering how hectic it's been... I have been so overwhelmed with work and studying for midterms :eek: I am so stressed out but am glad to report I am mostly staying on track with healthy foods. I know I will see my scale start going down once I join the gym and have it not only as a weight loss helper but as a stress decreaser.

Andi18 10-23-2007 08:04 PM

Hey girls, sorry I've been away. I'm completing week 2 of being sick. I finally made the call to my doctor and she phoned in a prescription for me. Gotta love a doc that doesn't require to see you to know that you are ill just by listening to your voicemail! haha What really stinks is that I talk all day on the phone so as the day goes on my voice gets worse. I've picked up my meds, taken my 1st day and will hopefully be on the mend soon.

Now my next order of business is finding a gym to join. I'm getting really tired of only using the treadmill and when I want to use my TJ videos hubby is in the only room that we have that I have enough room to do it in. :devil: I was debating between 24 Hour Fitness and the YMCA... The Y is a lot cheaper and my son already does sports through them so that would be the wise choice...

mothermavis 10-24-2007 05:18 AM

Andi, It's good to hear that you've gotten your meds, hope you feel better soon.

As for the gym thing, if your son already participates at the Y that would probably be the one you'd be most likely to use (especially if you are already there). That's alway been the big thing for me, the joining is easy but sometimes the using is hard!!

Cindy, hang in there, sounds like a rough time lately!!

All my other 3FC friends, so glad we've met!! I'm off to fight the good fight for today!!

pinkislove 10-24-2007 01:22 PM

Hi ladies just wanted to pop in and say hello (I want to get back into the habit of posting in here!!!) :hug:

Oh Andi - get well soon! I agree with MM about the using being hard (I have signed up a few times to know, lol) and the Y being great because your son is already there. As long as you have the essentials for your work out goals at the Y, go for it.

Shay 10-24-2007 09:49 PM

Andi--Here's to you starting to feel better. About the gym I agree with everyone else. I've been a member of a gym for years and I only go in spurts. I prefer to work out at home.

cldwv 10-24-2007 11:05 PM

The funk is starting to lift and I'm back on board! I've pretty much stuck for the diet (except for a small slip-up - ate one of my daughter's small lunch packs of chips a couple days ago). Didn't weigh myself this week but I'm sticking with it. I've really been good for six weeks or so (the exercise hasn't been quite as good).

How's everybody doing? Our weather is finally starting to change. It's rainy and getting a bit colder. I love getting out all the sweaters, etc.

mothermavis 10-25-2007 05:59 AM

Good morning. I had a victory yesterday. I had to go to meet the candidates night with DH. It was a buffet dinner.
I stayed completely on plan, I didn't eat dessert, I only ate acceptable food, I didn't go back for seconds and I skipped the bar as I was the designated driver. I was really happy about that as I seemed to stall my weight loss with one bad meal last week.

Here's to staying on plan!

mothermavis 10-26-2007 11:34 PM

Where is everybody? Are ya'll still sick and bummed and all those down days we all had in a row. I am feeling optomistic (sp?) this week, I think it's gonna be a 2lb week, I'm halfway there!!

Shay 10-27-2007 02:06 AM

Hey everyone,
Mother Mavis I had a good day yesterday too in regards to temptations. I was at a conference. I pre planned by packing my breakfast and my 3 snacks. We had lunch on her own (they provided us with a $15 gift card, wasn't that nice) and I looked to see what was there prior to going. So I knew what to buy at Panera. So good day pts wise. Today they I will again pack breakfast and 3 snacks. They are serving us lunch so I plan to make the best choices I can.

mothermavis 10-27-2007 08:37 AM

Likenoother, I love Panera!! I'm glad you had a good day too! It seems better when they get flowing for a while. I think it's maybe like when I quit smoking, if I had one cig I'd still be back in it today and I quit over 4 years ago.

If I have one bad day, it takes me a week to get rid of the cravings again and stalls my weight loss too. I should learn from that at some point!!

Good luck today, we are having a Roast Beef Dinner at church tonight. So wish me luck too.

Jane 10-27-2007 04:10 PM

Just a quick pop-in to say there is a reserved area for your group in the Bios sticky at the top of the page. Also, we now have a birthday thread, so be sure and list yours, if you want. :)