3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Newbies Stickin' With It! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/124206-newbies-stickin.html)

pinkislove 10-31-2007 10:50 AM

Morning Ladies :ghost: How is everyone doing on this Halloween? I feel so congested, I need a little nap, lol. It is this funky weather... I had to buy a new jacket last week because I realized I did not have a warm enough "light" jacket and I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to fit into a Land's End XL (it looked small to me but when I tried it on --- it was perfect with room to layer if necessary).

Questions - Are we going to start a new thread tomorrow (November 1st)? Do we want to do a November challenge of some sort? (I tried to do the October exercise minutes but I got lost around the middle of the second week, lol)

Dia :welcome3: to our little group

...speaking of which where IS everyone??? We miss you guys :hug:

cldwv 10-31-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkislove (Post 1912784)
Questions - Are we going to start a new thread tomorrow (November 1st)? Do we want to do a November challenge of some sort? (I tried to do the October exercise minutes but I got lost around the middle of the second week, lol)

How about not-so-newbies...

Don't feel bad Pink. I totally slacked on the exercise challenge. I'm up for a new challenge.

pinkislove 10-31-2007 04:07 PM

Maybe we can do a challenge where we set three little goals for the month? or just see how many exercise minutes we can log in for the month.

It's too bad our thread is so slow :cry: I understand how it happens, I have days where I log on and read but can't get around to posting.... but hopefully everyone will come back when they have time to say how they are doing :goodvibes

mothermavis 10-31-2007 07:20 PM

Cindy,
I hope your date goes well and a stalking goal for February is perfect. :devil:

Pink, A new size!! Good for you!!

I'm up for a new challenge. I was horrible at updating my exercise Ticker, seems like a lot of work!!

cldwv 11-01-2007 08:38 AM

Hey guys!

Since our normal weigh in day is Monday, do you want to start a new thread Monday?

pinkislove 11-01-2007 12:10 PM

That makes sense... and hopefully over the weekend people will check back in over here.

I am soooo congested over here... this ever changing weather is :censored:!!! I think I have an ear infection too :headache:

Anyway I decided to set some goals for this month, they are:
  • exercise three times a week for at least 30 minutes
  • restart and maintain my 3FC blog
  • drink 2 liters of water daily and take my vitamins

Does anyone else have any goals for November they would like to share?

mothermavis 11-01-2007 06:47 PM

Hey my friends, I joined the WOW Pre Christmas challenge over on the challenge thred, want to meet there and the Sexy thread here?

Andi18 11-01-2007 09:43 PM

Hey girls! :wave: Sorry I've been MIA :( it has been a crazy week...unfortunately they made me do the dreaded 4 letter word (work) :nono:

I am feeling 100% better now! :carrot: now it's time to get motivated to :exercise: Just need to get my husband to be supportive again after giving him a nearly 3 week break :frypan:

I am up for a challenge, in fact I need another challenge. I need something to get me to work out again. I'm still debating on joining the YMCA or 24 Hour Fitness. I'm ready to :yikes: I need someone to :kickbutt: to get me to decide and actually start going! :rofl:

pinkislove 11-01-2007 10:48 PM

Hey Andi glad to see you are feeling better :cp:

mothermavis 11-02-2007 06:11 AM

Pink, love the ticker!

Andi, Welcome back!

Cindy, If you decide to go, we all want to hear about the date the morning after!!!

What do we want to do for a challenge? Want to stay here?
There is nothing to say we can't be in multiple challenges at the same time right?

How about every day ( or as often as possible), we post one new thing we did that day to make our weight loss happen. What else? I'm like a dog with a bone, need to get my teeth in!!!

mothermavis 11-02-2007 07:06 AM

OK, went to go do Turbo Abs & then have my shower B4 work. Exercise TV is ot working, so I did 8minute abs instead (it's an extra on a Firm tape I have)

So far so good, we had only 2 trick or treaters for Halloween (niece and nephew!!) but that is typical because we live in the woods. DH and our boys are taking care of the rest of the candy, which is good because I can't be trusted. I ate some that nite and another piece last nite so I need it to go away.

Today I am going to eat clean all day and I am going to walk the 2 miles at lunch. I want to be under 155 on Monday....I am also hoping for another inch off my waist by Thanksgiving.:thanks2:

pinkislove 11-02-2007 12:05 PM

I just started my 3FC blog so I am excited. Feel free to drop by if any of you have the chance.

I can't wait to get that extra hour of sleep on Sunday because I could really use the rest :cloud9:

This weekend I plan to make my meal list. I am going to make as many homecooked breakfasts and lunches. Thankfully my new lunchbag is shipping out today so I should have it by next week. I am still working on the gym part (:censored: nyc and it's expensive gyms *sigh*) of losing weight because honestly I am not an at home exerciser at this point, I get too distracted plus I live with my boyfriend and to be honest I don't want to exercise in front of him (don't ask, it must sound weird)

Did I mention TGIF????!?!?!?!?!? :carrot: I don't know about the rest of you but I need this weekend badly.

mommy2monkeys 11-04-2007 08:08 PM

Hey chickies... sorry I have been MIA so long. We were all sick and then I broke a tooth and had to have a Halloween root canal :( . I am still so out of it, I haven't worked out in forever. I have probably gained all the weight back, if not more. :mad:

I want back on the wagon, really I do... I just don't know where to start. Stupid tooth...

I hope you all are doing great in November!!

mothermavis 11-05-2007 06:14 AM

Bad weekend. Need I say more?
I am actually glad it's Monday.

Andi18 11-05-2007 10:21 AM

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was pretty good except for my beer mishap yesterday - I've been trying to avoid alcohol while losing the weight, but I was at the bar watching the MN Vikings game yesterday and had to have a nice tall cool glass of beer! :nono: I only had 1 glass though and after that I had about 4 glasses of water... I was able to contain myself! :lol:

I did go out and buy Resistance bands yesterday so I will start to incorporate those into my exercise journey. I also bought Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii. That thing is awesome and :kickbutt: !! It has a workout program built into it, you can input your weight and it will keep track of how many calories you burn. Yesterday I burned over 100 calories in less than 15 minutes! Can definitely feel my heart rate increasing when I do this. I am going to get another pad so that my son can do it right along with me!