3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Newbies Stickin' With It! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/124206-newbies-stickin.html)

Andi18 10-02-2007 11:00 PM

Newbies Stickin' With It!

This is a spin off from the "Ready for a New Start! Newbies in September '07" group.

Congrats girls, we made it through our first 1/2 month! On to our first full month of this journey!!

What goal do you have for this month?

Andi18 10-02-2007 11:03 PM

My goal is to keep an "OWL" October Workout Log! This will keep me accountable for my workouts and I will be able to see what areas I need to work on or if I am favoring one workout over another. :woops::workout::exercise:

mommy2monkeys 10-03-2007 12:45 AM

Yay! Happy October Newbies! :sklol:

For this month, my only goals are to meet or beat the challenge, and to have a real workout plan in order. As of now, I just sort of do a little of this and a little of that. I have the Billy's Bootcamp DVD burning a hole on the shelf, I just can never convince myself I can keep up with him. I tried to find exerciseTV and we don't have it. BOO! I was so looking forward to that.

The OWL is such a good idea! I'm thinking about doing that too, maybe it will keep me on track... :D

Bree :jig:

mothermavis 10-03-2007 08:20 AM

Morning everybody!! I changed my weight loss ticker. Yesterday was a crappy day and the thought of losing 40 lbs was overwhelming, so I decided to do more of a short term goal of getting back to the 140's by the end of the year. I was reading the 100 plus board and it said, " I can't lose 100 pounds but I can lose 10 - 10 times." So for me I decided to go for 10% of my weight by the end of the year.

So for this month, I want to meet or exceed our exercise goals. Eat clean with no more than one cheat meal a week (I have to allow a little or it turns into a binge for me). Drink at least 100 oz of water a day and only weigh myself once a week.

I have been doing the tank top arms, shapely shoulders, buff bride arms and turbo abs (just the floor part) on Exercise TV. They rock.

mommy2monkeys 10-03-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothermavis (Post 1878636)
I was reading the 100 plus board and it said, " I can't lose 100 pounds but I can lose 10 - 10 times."

What a wonderful way to look at it! I have been staring at my ticker a lot too, wondering how I can ever lose the weight. A new ticker is a very smart idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothermavis (Post 1878636)
So for this month, I want to meet or exceed our exercise goals. Eat clean with no more than one cheat meal a week (I have to allow a little or it turns into a binge for me). Drink at least 100 oz of water a day and only weigh myself once a week.

I am getting so many good goal ideas from you all. My water intake is severely lacking. I have a 16oz thermos but by the time the ice all melts, it's hard to know how much I've actually had. :halfempty

The gramma 10-03-2007 06:27 PM

newbie here!

May I join you?

The gramma 10-03-2007 06:28 PM

help!

I can't figure out my ticker!

Shy Moment 10-03-2007 06:30 PM

The gramma
You are welcome to join in anywhere you would like. Always can use one more.

Hi everyone
My first goal is to get into my 16s. That is it. One little goal then I will work on another.

The gramma 10-03-2007 06:47 PM

Thanks Shy!

My first goal is to get back down to 180. I was there just 6 months ago-ugh! Would love to do it by Jan 1st! I am going to see my son and his family and really want to feel better while I am visiting! I also don't want to have to buy any more clothes!!!

mothermavis 10-03-2007 07:33 PM

Gramma, Welcome!!

Did you figure out the tickers?

Andi, Love the OWL idea, reminds me of Harry Potter...

losinitin07 10-03-2007 07:36 PM

My goal is to lose 5 lbs this month keep em small not so overwhelming for me any ways.:dizzy:

pinkislove 10-03-2007 11:35 PM

Hi ladies and welcome to any new folks joining the thread. It was a crazy day at work but now that I have a few minutes of downtime.... here are my October goals
  1. write daily in my 3FC blog
  2. log in all my foods as of 10/8 (the reason that I am taking a few days is my birthday is coming up within the next few days and it’s going to be hard to avoid the social dining, so while I will try to keep it healthy, I will not obsess because this is going to be the last of enjoying things freely for a while, lol)
  3. fit some kind of exercise in daily — even if it is just 15 minutes
  4. cook more at home not only to save money but to save calories!

Shy Moment 10-03-2007 11:50 PM

pinkislove
Happy comeing up birthday. Mine is Nov 9th. We already have planned A nice chicken dinner. Nice parsley potatoes and green beans. :)

mothermavis 10-04-2007 12:01 AM

Anybody have any great ideas to avoid giving in to cravings? What do you do when chocolate is calling your name? I am doing awesome during the day, but at night, not so much!!

Shy Moment 10-04-2007 12:04 AM

mothermavis
Weight watchers fudge bars. 1 gram of fat and tastes so good you will never believe they are weight watchers. Gets the chocolate monkey off my back every time.

mothermavis 10-04-2007 12:23 AM

Thanks!! I will pick some up tomorrow. The chocolate gremlins are horrible this week. :devil: I did great all day, then tonight has been like a free for all!!

Shy Moment 10-04-2007 12:28 AM

Another thing is the weight watchers little snack cakes, the chocolate ones are great and low in fat. This isn't something I have all the time but I do have set aside enough fat if I want to have one everyday.

mommy2monkeys 10-04-2007 01:57 AM

aww shy, mine is november 11! we will have a lot of birthdays coming up!

Mavis, another thing in the same sort of vein are these Slim Fast candy bar type snacks, they have one that's cookie dough and it's chocolate covered and SO yummy. I don't know the actual name of them, but they helped me through a lot of chocolate crises..

pinkislove 10-04-2007 10:48 AM

Morning everyone! Hope Thursday is treating everyone good.

Shy - Thanks for the early birthday wishes :) I am looking forward to this birthday (31) and it's part of the reason I am looking at improving my overall lifestyle.

MM - I like a few hersey's kisses with almonds or a cup of hot chocolate. I think I am going to re-do my ticker to be a short term goal ticker as well to help me not feel so overwhelmed by the ticker.

Amberelise 10-04-2007 11:46 AM

I order vitatops and also the vita brownies. The vita brownies have little chocolate chips in them. When I microwave the brownie for 40 seconds the chocolate pieces melt and the brownies are INCREDIBLE. Plus, they're full of vitamins and only 100 calories. They are perfect for my chocolate cravings. The only problem is the only place I can get them are online. I hate the shipping.

mothermavis 10-04-2007 12:42 PM

Thanks ladies. You all have some wonderful ideas.
Last night I finally sat down and did my nails after I had ate way too much junk. I figured I couldn't open anything else with wet fingernails!! When I quit smoking I ate to keep my hands busy, now I certainly can't smoke to keep my mouth busy so I need to come up with other ways to control my eating urges. Your low-cal ideas are just what I was hoping for.

Off to add to the exercise ticker. Went back to the Dr yesterday, remain out of work and off my feet until at least 10/10, I will continue with the upper body exercise. On a good note, he did take some of the stitches out yesterday, so I am at least MUCH more comfortable.

mommy2monkeys 10-05-2007 12:13 AM

congrats on the stitches out!! Anything to be more comfy, right! :D

i am so worn out today. i'm sorry i don't have more to say, i will try to be more chatty tomorrow... :dizzy:

mothermavis 10-05-2007 08:33 AM

Where is everybody? Is the long weekend calling?

Mommy you are so right, just having some of the stitches out improves my outlook and they took out the ones across the back of my knee so i can bend my leg!! Small victory!

cldwv 10-05-2007 09:56 AM

Hi everybody! Sorry I've been absent for so many days. I've been really bummed out about my slow progress and just have felt really "YUCK" for a couple days. I haven't totally sabatoged myself so I guess I'm still on-track. I promise to be more on board with you guys next week.

cldwv 10-05-2007 11:26 AM

Does anybody else find it bothersome that there is a Pizza Hut ad to the right of the page (sometimes) complete with yummy pictures of pizza and bread sticks and cinnamon sticks!?

mothermavis 10-05-2007 12:08 PM

Mine shows a Medifast ad, but yes, that would bug me.

I love their breadsticks and supreme PP Pizza.

saralou 10-05-2007 01:34 PM

Hi all and Cindy especially, I've been having a rough week too. I suppose I was pretty disappointed last week not to lose anything but instead of spurring me on to try harder I've just been fairly lazy. I stepped on the scales and am a pound heavier but then sometimes that's just your clothes; I'm trying not to worry about it. I guess I'm going through a stressful time, job-hunting, and so will start to comfort eat.

However, I'm trying to remain positive and have a lovely Chilli waiting for me this evening which will go great with rice and actually be quite healthy. I'm also going to my Mum's gym again this weekend.

Everyone, please forgive me if I disappear occasionally; I suppose it's because I hate failing and I know it's not failing but this is the one thing I really struggle to be that successful at and want to be successful at...I'm just rambling on now but I wanted to share that sometimes I struggle to join in when I'm not feeling great about my self etc.

~Sara

cldwv 10-05-2007 01:56 PM

Sarah - I know just how you feel. I'm with you in spirit!

mothermavis 10-05-2007 02:54 PM

Sara, Cindy and all of us who feel this way.

Sara, I couldn't have said it better, but I keep coming back, to see exactly what you wrote, because you all let me know I am not the only one. We are all in this together and we all want so badly to do it this time. Hang in there, every day, some days are better than others and know that you are supported on good and bad days!!

Join when you can, this should make us feel good, not guilty! Happy Friday!!

cldwv 10-05-2007 03:11 PM

I've come here several times during the day and the ad to the right is generally diet-related items. I'm either losing my mind with the pizza hut ad or they are messing with me.

Andi18 10-05-2007 05:09 PM

Hey girls, sorry I have been MIA. It's been a crazy week. Yesterday I donated blood and felt really pathetically lazy afterwards and now I have a huge bruise on the inside of my arm because the first person to poke me missed, and the 2nd person tried to fix it and couldn't get it after about 5 minutes, then the 3rd person finally got it about 5 minutes later... GRRRR Then besides that...TOM visited yesterday :( so now I'm really feeling lazy...

I hope you all have been having a good week...I'll come back in tonight and respond to people individually.

pinkislove 10-05-2007 07:28 PM

I've been having a rough couple of days... I wish I could complain but in all honesty... NOT WORTH THE ENERGY! I hope to be on the boards more next week. :hug:

Andi18 10-05-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothermavis (Post 1880744)
Off to add to the exercise ticker. Went back to the Dr yesterday, remain out of work and off my feet until at least 10/10, I will continue with the upper body exercise. On a good note, he did take some of the stitches out yesterday, so I am at least MUCH more comfortable.

YEAH!! So glad to hear some of the stitches came out! You will be up and doing all of the exercises you want to fairly soon!! :carrot:

Andi18 10-05-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cldwv (Post 1881872)
Hi everybody! Sorry I've been absent for so many days. I've been really bummed out about my slow progress and just have felt really "YUCK" for a couple days. I haven't totally sabatoged myself so I guess I'm still on-track. I promise to be more on board with you guys next week.

Cindy, this seems to be the general feeling this week! Don't know what it is but it sure is affecting a lot of us... seems like a lot of us are either just starting to see TOM or are seeing TOM out the door and I'm sure that's a big part of it. Next week will be much better! :hug:

Andi18 10-05-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saralou (Post 1882211)
Hi all and Cindy especially, I've been having a rough week too. I suppose I was pretty disappointed last week not to lose anything but instead of spurring me on to try harder I've just been fairly lazy. I stepped on the scales and am a pound heavier but then sometimes that's just your clothes; I'm trying not to worry about it. I guess I'm going through a stressful time, job-hunting, and so will start to comfort eat.

However, I'm trying to remain positive and have a lovely Chilli waiting for me this evening which will go great with rice and actually be quite healthy. I'm also going to my Mum's gym again this weekend.

Everyone, please forgive me if I disappear occasionally; I suppose it's because I hate failing and I know it's not failing but this is the one thing I really struggle to be that successful at and want to be successful at...I'm just rambling on now but I wanted to share that sometimes I struggle to join in when I'm not feeling great about my self etc.

~Sara

Hey Sara! Try not to get too discouraged over a pound. It's only a pound and you can lose that! Like you said, it may be your clothes. I try to weigh only in the necessities that way it is consistent. My 2nd week of exercising I gained 2 pounds, don't give up, use that as motivation for the next week!

You chili and rice sounds yummy!! what time is dinner? Probably around my lunch time! haha Did I ever tell ya, my goal after I lose the weight is to go to London? Actually I want to visit Wales, my parents have been over there 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years to visit an exchange student that we had live with us my senior year of high school. I have yet to visit over there but I will make it one day!!

Please don't disappear for too long if you must disappear! This is definitely a good support team here and we will be here regardless if you gain or lose cheering you on! Happy exercises this weekend at your mum's gym! :exercise:

chubby cat 10-06-2007 04:50 AM

hi everyone. I was absent for a pretty long time. First, I was a bit sick. Then I was busy cooking for a community program. So ate some of those deep fried appetizers and sugar infused dessert. I know this is horrible. But somehow I managed to lose weight. :carrot:

:congrat: to all of us for sticking with the plan for another month. My personal goal is to lose 10 lbs this month. Let's see what happens.

cldwv 10-06-2007 08:07 AM

Hi Andi and Pink and everybody else. Andi is right. It seems we all were in a funk this week. Let's get it together this week! My daughter told me last night that my face looked thin. That's a good thing. I always lose it in my face and boobs first. Have a great weekend girls. This mood shall pass.

Shay 10-06-2007 10:55 PM

Tell us a little about yourself:

Name (real name or name we can call you!): Likenoother

About you: 35 years old, Govt worker, have a great BF although he gets on my nerves sometimes

Why did you join? I'm a night owl so I definitely felt I needed support late at night. Besides I'm always on the computer

What is your goal? My midterm goal is 148. I would be considered "overweight"

How are you going to acheive your goal? WW Flex Pt Plan, Starting the C25K plan in November, Will also incorporate weight training/resistance, and yoga and or pilates, keeping up with my blog (I love it), and the support of my friends, family, and 3FC

mothermavis 10-07-2007 11:29 AM

Likenoother, glad you found our little group.

I am a night muncher so night support is great! Maybe we can help each other Looks like you have a great plan mapped out.

:welcome:

Anabella04 10-07-2007 03:07 PM

Hi! I too am fairly new around here and trying to find my place. I think I will hang out here some if that is ok?

My goals are to lose 5 pounds in October! I have already lost 2.5 for the month. So I am on the right path. Yay! I am lacking in the exercise department so I need to get moving. I am going to try some Walk away the pounds this week.

I was so excited to see 190 on the scale today because I had totally blown it this week. I ate out twice including soda and to top it off I had movie theater pop corn yesterday uuugghh......but I guess all the rest of the week did pay off.

I have a question.......Do any of you set aside a cheat day? And if so , do you let yourself cheat all day or just one meal or special treat?? I want to include something for myself so I don't go crazy but I am unsure of how to implement it without ruining my progress. Any suggestions?