3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Newbies Stickin' With It! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/124206-newbies-stickin.html)

Andi18 10-02-2007 11:00 PM

Newbies Stickin' With It!

This is a spin off from the "Ready for a New Start! Newbies in September '07" group.

Congrats girls, we made it through our first 1/2 month! On to our first full month of this journey!!

What goal do you have for this month?

Andi18 10-02-2007 11:03 PM

My goal is to keep an "OWL" October Workout Log! This will keep me accountable for my workouts and I will be able to see what areas I need to work on or if I am favoring one workout over another. :woops::workout::exercise:

mommy2monkeys 10-03-2007 12:45 AM

Yay! Happy October Newbies! :sklol:

For this month, my only goals are to meet or beat the challenge, and to have a real workout plan in order. As of now, I just sort of do a little of this and a little of that. I have the Billy's Bootcamp DVD burning a hole on the shelf, I just can never convince myself I can keep up with him. I tried to find exerciseTV and we don't have it. BOO! I was so looking forward to that.

The OWL is such a good idea! I'm thinking about doing that too, maybe it will keep me on track... :D

Bree :jig:

mothermavis 10-03-2007 08:20 AM

Morning everybody!! I changed my weight loss ticker. Yesterday was a crappy day and the thought of losing 40 lbs was overwhelming, so I decided to do more of a short term goal of getting back to the 140's by the end of the year. I was reading the 100 plus board and it said, " I can't lose 100 pounds but I can lose 10 - 10 times." So for me I decided to go for 10% of my weight by the end of the year.

So for this month, I want to meet or exceed our exercise goals. Eat clean with no more than one cheat meal a week (I have to allow a little or it turns into a binge for me). Drink at least 100 oz of water a day and only weigh myself once a week.

I have been doing the tank top arms, shapely shoulders, buff bride arms and turbo abs (just the floor part) on Exercise TV. They rock.

mommy2monkeys 10-03-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothermavis (Post 1878636)
I was reading the 100 plus board and it said, " I can't lose 100 pounds but I can lose 10 - 10 times."

What a wonderful way to look at it! I have been staring at my ticker a lot too, wondering how I can ever lose the weight. A new ticker is a very smart idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothermavis (Post 1878636)
So for this month, I want to meet or exceed our exercise goals. Eat clean with no more than one cheat meal a week (I have to allow a little or it turns into a binge for me). Drink at least 100 oz of water a day and only weigh myself once a week.

I am getting so many good goal ideas from you all. My water intake is severely lacking. I have a 16oz thermos but by the time the ice all melts, it's hard to know how much I've actually had. :halfempty

The gramma 10-03-2007 06:27 PM

newbie here!

May I join you?

The gramma 10-03-2007 06:28 PM

help!

I can't figure out my ticker!

Shy Moment 10-03-2007 06:30 PM

The gramma
You are welcome to join in anywhere you would like. Always can use one more.

Hi everyone
My first goal is to get into my 16s. That is it. One little goal then I will work on another.

The gramma 10-03-2007 06:47 PM

Thanks Shy!

My first goal is to get back down to 180. I was there just 6 months ago-ugh! Would love to do it by Jan 1st! I am going to see my son and his family and really want to feel better while I am visiting! I also don't want to have to buy any more clothes!!!

mothermavis 10-03-2007 07:33 PM

Gramma, Welcome!!

Did you figure out the tickers?

Andi, Love the OWL idea, reminds me of Harry Potter...

losinitin07 10-03-2007 07:36 PM

My goal is to lose 5 lbs this month keep em small not so overwhelming for me any ways.:dizzy:

pinkislove 10-03-2007 11:35 PM

Hi ladies and welcome to any new folks joining the thread. It was a crazy day at work but now that I have a few minutes of downtime.... here are my October goals
  1. write daily in my 3FC blog
  2. log in all my foods as of 10/8 (the reason that I am taking a few days is my birthday is coming up within the next few days and it’s going to be hard to avoid the social dining, so while I will try to keep it healthy, I will not obsess because this is going to be the last of enjoying things freely for a while, lol)
  3. fit some kind of exercise in daily — even if it is just 15 minutes
  4. cook more at home not only to save money but to save calories!

Shy Moment 10-03-2007 11:50 PM

pinkislove
Happy comeing up birthday. Mine is Nov 9th. We already have planned A nice chicken dinner. Nice parsley potatoes and green beans. :)

mothermavis 10-04-2007 12:01 AM

Anybody have any great ideas to avoid giving in to cravings? What do you do when chocolate is calling your name? I am doing awesome during the day, but at night, not so much!!

Shy Moment 10-04-2007 12:04 AM

mothermavis
Weight watchers fudge bars. 1 gram of fat and tastes so good you will never believe they are weight watchers. Gets the chocolate monkey off my back every time.