3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Newbies Stickin' With It! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/124206-newbies-stickin.html)

saralou 10-19-2007 10:38 AM

Hey all!

As I suspected, the scales at the Slimming club were not quite as generous and register as 1/2 stone heavier! Nightmare! However, think we talked about scales last month and they're only a reflection of part of the loss. My dark jeans are getting loose soon I'll need new ones (shucks, what a shame - an excuse to go shopping) And I have definitely still lost. In the last two days I've cooked two new recipes which are 'free' on my diet and so providing the diet works I'll have had a pretty good week again (fingers crossed).

Anyway, aside from that, I am having my 'colours' done on Monday to find the colours that suit me best! Fun! Is anyone else dieting so they can wear fashion - I used to be so stylish it makes me sad to be in big jumpers and jeans to cover-up.

Hope everyone is having a good week :dust:~ Sara

kelton 10-19-2007 11:34 PM

Just wanted to stop in & tell everyone to sleep well and I hope everyone has a GREAT tomorrow !

See you then.

mothermavis 10-20-2007 08:06 AM

Good morning all! How is everybody? Any great weekend exercise or cook ahead plans? I think I am going to make soup.
I'm up a pound today, but I'm just going to pay attention for the rest of the weekend and hopefully it'll go away!
I went out to dinner last nite. We went to this place this has wood fired pizza. and it was awesome, but I may have overdone! :o

mommy2monkeys 10-20-2007 09:07 AM

This has been such a bad week. My husband is on bedrest with a virus since Tuesday, hopefully he will be released from that soon! So I've been in charge of the boys, and all cooking and trying to care for hubby.. by the time I get the boys to bed and have a chance to sit down, I am so worn out! I had to stop and rest and fell asleep on the yoga mat the last time I even bothered to try doing it. :o

I am hoping to get back in line!! It would help a lot for him to get well, it's hard to do everything by myself. I feel like I am whining, I don't mean to whine. I am just so tired..:(

The boys are up now so I better go for now...:hug: to everyone and keep your chin up!!

kelton 10-20-2007 10:51 AM

Good Morning Everyone.... If it's a good one for you. :dunno:

MotherMavis:
Soup sounds so good, I *love* soup.
Wood Fired Pizza, I haven't ever heard of it before but I'm sure I would over do it cause it sounds yummy.
I'm up 2 Lbs so your doing better than me, so thats good.

Mommy2:
I'm so sorry your DH has been so sick.:sorry:
It's hard to keep everything & everyone in step when you have to take care of everything yourself with out much rest. Please (somehow) find more time for yourself. You're not whining at all. Hope it all starts getting better soon.

mothermavis 10-20-2007 11:06 AM

Mommy, sorry it's be so rough. Sick husbands are worse than sick kids I think. At least mine is. You aren't whining, and if you are, that's what we are here for, support! Hang in there!

Kelton, I love that you are on and posting a lot, I love to talk!!

I just started another thread too, I don't know if anyone else goes on vacation in the spring? We go to the beach and I plan to be the hot momma!

saralou 10-20-2007 12:29 PM

Hey 'Mommy' - what a rough week you've had! I don't envy you Mom's (or Mum's as we say here) always have a tough job holding everything together. Still give yourself a break if you're not fitting in the exercise this week not only are you probably burning cals running around after your kids (and 'big kid' husband?), you're probably gonna get sick yourself if you squeeze much more in! I hope your hubbie gets well again soon so you can take care of you too!!

Hey Kelton and Mavis - hope you're well. Are you guys weighing yourself everyday? I now go to a 'class' on Wed so will do it twice a week but do you find that much difference over each day? Do you have electrics scales? - I was thinking I ought to make the purchase as then you can see every half pound go...Not sure I want to get to the point of weighing everyday - do either of you find your mood is effected by what the scale says? I could see it could be quite a practical way of checking the week is going ok. Any advice?

Have a good day everyone! Sara

kelton 10-20-2007 02:26 PM

Mother I love to talk too ! We should get along well :)

Sara To tell the truth I didn't used to weigh each day but after I got on the scales (scared because I thought I had gained about 15 lbs) I got on scale and found I had lost 11 lbs. (I have no idea how, I really thought I had gained cause my breathing was worse and clothes were tighter than normal I thought.
Well since then I have been trying to lose and I get on scale everyday... probably not the best thing to do.

I don't have an electric scale but sounds like something I would be interested in.
So far my moods haven't been affected (that surprises me). But I am new at this and I know I still have so much to learn & aways to go. Don't get me wrong.. I don't like it at all when the scale is being mean to me, but it hasn't gotten me down yet..... I guess cause I (somehow) am looking at it differently than I do most things... Because I am normally (99%) a pessimist. lol

Wow, I sound like a great person to become friends with huh ? LOL :lol3:

Become my friend and I'll drag you down faster than an undertow. :woohoo: :p

Andi18 10-20-2007 03:24 PM

Hey girls! Sorry I haven't been posting much this week. I am still feeling :kickcan: This bug has really got me and my hubby down. :barf: I have not worked out and I can definitely tell :( I've been trying to watch what I eat, but I seem to want comfort food while ill and I know that is not the way to handle this. :( I really need to find something to take or go to the dr and get a prescription... :dunno:

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

saralou 10-20-2007 03:53 PM

Sounds like a lot of people are getting sick - I'm sending some virtual (and low-fat) chicken soup your way:turkey: (ok I know that's a thanksgiving turkey but it'll do) Feel better guys!

Kleton - the slimming club I've started has electric ones and they are good at giving you the cold hard truth but maybe I like the more generous ones at home! It's a toughy - I'd rather not know that I'm gaining on the other hand if I look at the end of the weekend and see I've gone up I can start doing something about it...can't decide. Clearly it's personal choice but I was just trying to guage what you guys think.

Have a nice evening (well afternoon where you are) ~Sara

mothermavis 10-20-2007 04:24 PM

Saralou
I bought a digital scale. It goes in .2 increments because my old scale was 10 lbs different from day to day (so was the first digital one!!)
I am trying to weigh every other day, that way if something is not working for me, I will know it quick. I seem to be tracking down overall, so evne on days when I show a gain, it motivates me to eat cleaner (at least so far)

Shay 10-20-2007 08:50 PM

Hey everyone,
I forgot about this thread. I am generally on 3FC on a daily basis and there are specific threads I check. When you subscribe to a thread does it go to e-mail? If that's the case that wouldn't work for me. I've gotten terrible at checking my e-mail. That may have something to do with work. I swear to goodness you go to a meeting and come back and you have 10-15 new e-mails.

I'm sorry to hear that many of you are not feeling well. Hate is a strong word but I really HATE being sick. It may have to do with me being a workaholic and needing to almost be on my deathbed not to go to work.

Congrats to everyone on their losses. I've been staying OP despite my hectic schedule. I've just had to plan really well.

Saralou--That's exciting about the work opportunity. I weigh everyday. I use it to help me stay on track. In the past the fluctuations or scale being stuck would affect me negatively. I would wonder why I was working so hard and go on bad binges. Now I know better. I just bought a new electric scale on Thursday. I had a really bad experience with the old fashioned ones. My scale is a Taylor and I love it. It measures in .2lb increments. I don't record my weight with . but I like that accuracy.

Pink--Snacks at work: yogurt, cottage cheese doubles, granola bars, raisins, 100 calorie packs, baked chips, snackwell cookies, grapes, bananas, flavored applesauce, crystal light packets, 100 calorie chocolate (I keep my drawers and cabinets packed full so I don't have an excuse). I eat breakfast at work so that adds to my stash.

Cldwv--I saved you for last on purpose. I was so in love with Duran Duran. I was a member of their fan club. I had their posters all over my walls. I'm in the process of trying to replace my tapes (yes I still have them) with cds. My favorite was John Taylor. One friend liked Simon LeBon and another loved Nick Rhoades. Our friendships were perfect because we all liked a different one. It would have really caused some trouble if either of us liked each other's guy.

kelton 10-20-2007 10:21 PM

Crappppp, today I cheated again with the Soda pops ! I really need to get a grip !
I had a day off today, no babysitting. It only made me miss her though. :(
I didn't accomplish anything like I usually do. I slept most the day away.

Andi
Sorry you and hubby are sick. :( Hope you get to the Dr soon, please do.
I can't help but eat comfort food when I am sick, so you're not alone.
Please go to the Dr and get some meds for you & hubs. Feel better soon.

Sara
I have never had a digital scale but now I want one. I would rather know day to day that way I can nip it in the bud (thats what i'm saying anyway) :rolleyes: I think its great that you have a group to go to. In my small town we have nothing and bigger town cost too much gas money to get to. SO I'm depending on you guys to whip me into shape and also spank me when i'm bad ! ;)

Mother
Thats the way I want it to work for me.

Likenoother
I loved 80's all together but... I wasn't that big of a duran duran fan so now you don't have to beat me up cause I liked your guy !:D

Shay 10-21-2007 08:47 AM

Kelton--You are lucky because John Taylor is still my man in case you didn't know.

Someone asked about reason why you want to lose weight:
1. to be healthy--I'm 4'11 and weighing what I weigh of course I'm classified as morbidly obese. I'm fortunate in that I haven't had any medical issues and that I carry my weight well.
2. I'm tired of being fat--I've been fat the majority of my life. Its getting really old and I'm just done

saralou 10-22-2007 05:34 AM

Weigh - in (at the bottom of the post)

Thanks everyone for the advice re scales. I can't afford to make a big purchase just at the min but I think the .2lb thing sounds good - it would show when the ones I have wouldn't shift. I knew that the ones I have were rubbish but they are very cool with a sky and clouds print that I bought from Ikea!! I suppose it's choosing accuracy over aesthetics from now on!

Hi again Likenoother - I just subscribe to the thread and then go to 'quick links' at the top and you can go to the subscribed threads that way. Anyway, glad you're back! Not a Duran Duran fan so I shan't be stealing your man - I hope you don't like Johnny Depp because I have to tell you he belongs to me -lol

Hi Kleton - that's a shame you've no group. I've no excuses as it's walking distance from my house. It is a bit expensive though but the idea for me is to just try and get as much advice as possible on how people make the diet work and people share recipes and things like that. I hope though that you always feel you do have us for support - you notice I'm TRYING to post when I have bad days and good so that I know I don't have to run away from being a bad girl!

Speaking of... I was naughty yesterday! It was going really well until after lunch. We were having a bit of a reunion of all my school friends:D We went for a lovely roast but then in the afternoon we stayed in the pub and I had a beer and then we ended up going for Mexican food which included nachos and fried chicken -oops!

The good news though is my (lying) scales here show 1lb and 1/2 down:carrot:so we'll see if the (truthful) scales at club on Wed agree!

Good luck with weigh-in everyone! ~Sara