3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Newbies Stickin' With It! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/124206-newbies-stickin.html)

Shay 10-08-2007 08:33 AM

Thanks for the welcome Mothermavis and Saralou. Normally I would weigh in today because I'm doing TBL contest. I'm on the red team. I took a freebie this week because of TOM. I will weigh in next Monday. I'm doing really well with food but water is nonexistant. I injured my right foot last week so I'm being really careful. I will begin the C25K program on November 6th.

Andi18 10-08-2007 10:12 AM

:welcome2:welcome likenoother!:welcome2:
Looks like you have a plan set to go! That is awesome. I have not heard of the C25K program before. What does that include? So sorry to hear about your foot :(

pinkislove 10-08-2007 10:19 AM

:welcome2: to our new group members

:congrat: to Bree!

...as for me, I survived my birthday weekend without too much extra goodies (I passed on having a birthday cake just to avoid the opportunity to overindulge) but I did have too much soda because I ate out quite a bit the last few days.

No weigh in for me this week. I got on the scale this morning and it said 'lo' and at first I was :?: until I realized that I need to replace my batteries. I will take that as a sign to just skip this week and work extra hard to have something wonderful to report next Monday.

mommy2monkeys 10-08-2007 11:44 AM

Welcome to our new newbies!! I guess I didn't realize you two were new to us, I feel new myself still..

Thank you all for the warm wishes! :carrot:

Sara, your plan for the week sounds awesome! I need to start doing that. I am so not a planner though, it's horrible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saralou (Post 1884697)
What do you think was the best thing you did for your weight loss this week?

Honestly, it's something I maybe shouldn't be doing - but when I feel the need to eat sweets or junk, I do a set of squats or dumbbell work, something to get my mind off excess snacking until the urge passes. I've also been keeping at myself to exercise something each day. I got in the shape I was in by keeping idle, to change it I really have to keep moving literally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cldwv (Post 1884756)
m2m - good for you!

*Lucky, said in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice*

You made me really LOL at that Cindy, I love Napoleon!

I am interested to know what C25K means too... I haven't ever heard of it either.

Pink, good on you for skipping the cake. My birthday is next month and I am already working on how I can not eat any cake. :?: Sweets are too much of a temptation for me, I can't handle it. My baby's 1st birthday is that same week so I will be doing double time on the bailing out on cake. At least that's my plan.. :o

Anabella congrats so much on 190!! I can't wait until I can say the same. I am hoping to check back in and see more losses newbies!!!! :D

Shay 10-08-2007 12:22 PM

Andi18 & Mommy2Monkeys--C25K

Couch to 5K--It's supposed to literally take you from being a couch potato to running 5k (3.1 miles) in 9 weeks. Here is the link:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Here at 3FC under the Fitness Forum you can click on exercise and several people are doing the program or have done the program. There is the Cool Runners October thread and the October Run/Walk Challenge thread.

mommy2monkeys 10-08-2007 04:22 PM

That sounds really cool, good luck doing it! I am intrigued by runners, I don't think I could ever be one. I guess I never know until I try though, right? :D

saralou 10-08-2007 04:55 PM

Happy Birthday Pink! I'm impressed at your will power at the weekend.

I'm packing in my suticase the dieting recipes book so there's no excuses just because I'm at boyf's house! Although he does want to take me out on Wednesday and chucks, I might just have to let him. I've almost been perfect today though I did have some toast and low fat spread. Bit of a comfort thing, really, still such a busy day tomorrow will probably eat very little. Wish me luck - it's my big job interview tomorrow!

Does anyone else kid themselves that they're going to wait for aomething to get started for real. Like at the moment, I'm sort thinking 'I'll wait until I'm settled in a job and can go to slimming club etc.' Instead, I really need to just get on with it...

Have a good day one and all ~Sara

cldwv 10-08-2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saralou (Post 1885567)
Wish me luck - it's my big job interview tomorrow!

Does anyone else kid themselves that they're going to wait for aomething to get started for real.

Tons of luck with the interview! Positive vibes being sent your way.

I do the kid myself trick all the time. It's annoying because really, we aren't kidding ourselves. My new one at the moment is, "as soon as this bad cut on my heel heals, I'm back on Davey with a vengence." I rationlize it because it is a really bad cut that has gotten infected and I keep making it worse in my running shoes, but what I'm really doing is giving myself permission to fail.

Down one more pound this week.

Andi18 10-08-2007 07:01 PM

Good luck on the job interview Sara!!

I do the kid myself every now and then, I was really bad when I was studying for my stock broker license...I would always say the day after I pass the exams I would start working out morning and night...it took me a month to work out at least once a day and now I am almost a month past that time! I don't think I will get to the twice a day, I wish, but I just can't do it yet!

chubby cat 10-09-2007 08:15 AM

:welcome2: new group members. This group rocks!! Sticking to it made me realize and focus on the good things i can do for myself. And for the first time in the long time I am starting to see a positive result on my scale. Yesterday was the weigh in--I was busy a bit, cooking all day long. Now I weighed and I am glad to annouce I am 160 lb.:goodscale:

Well 4 lb is not a big deal, because I have to lose a lot. But still I am happy to see the result. And hanging around here really boosted my moods when I needed them.

Sara, I used to kid myself about many things. When I first came here I thought I'll first lose the weight and start to prepare for graduate school. But now I realize our life is so multidimensional we have to take care of all things simultaneously. I am trying to focus on different things at the same time. It takes a lot of time to complete something but baby steps are the best to take.

Take care all of you.:hug:

mothermavis 10-09-2007 08:16 AM

SaraLou: goodvibes:goodvibes Good Vibes across the water to you!! Good Luck today!!

Pink :bday2you: Great job over the Birthday weekend.

DS birthday is next weekend, I have to not lick my fingers while I make the cake!!

How is everybody this week?

I weighed myself, I've not lost anything, but I've not gained either. After the week I had, I'll take that!

Off to the Dr, talk to ya later!!

pinkislove 10-09-2007 09:43 PM

Thank you for the birthday wishes! It was hard to not have a birthday cake or make it a point of ordering dessert when I was taken out but I figured I had to start somewhere. As much as I would have loved having something sweet, knowing that I want smaller pants more, lol!

Farrah, are you kidding? 4 pounds is a big deal :carrot: I know that it may feels like it isn't when you look at the bigger number (aka long term goal) but as a weekly loss, it is impressive and something to be proud of :cp: every pound loss is one that gets you to the goal.

Sara, I hope your interview went well! To answer your question, I used to always think if I lose x amount of pound, then I will join a gym, then X will happen, etc; I kicked that way of thinking to the curb because if we wait for life to be "perfect" to get things done, a lot would never happen.

MM - good job! I admire you for making the effort even though you aren't at 100% with your leg. Hope the doctor has good news for you.

I don't know about anyone else, I can't wait for Friday. This week has been :headache::tired::yikes::mad::censored: and it's only Tuesday!!!!

Andi18 10-09-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkislove (Post 1887119)
I don't know about anyone else, I can't wait for Friday. This week has been :headache::tired::yikes::mad::censored: and it's only Tuesday!!!!

I gotta agree with you here! Friday can't come soon enough!!

Pink I'm sorry I forgot to wish a :bday2you: Hope it was a good one!

mommy2monkeys 10-10-2007 08:47 AM

:yay: Good Morning (afternoon ? for sara?) Newbies!!

I accidentally skipped posting yesterday. I'm not sure how, I checked the new posts and must have gotten sidetracked into searching for something. :joker: There's way too much information on here, I try to soak up as much as possible.

Today is my third day of podfitness.com. I've been doing a weight training and a yoga class so far, but I was doing them at night after my babies went to bed. This seriously affected my getting to sleep. I'd be wired and ready to learn when I should really be sleeping.

I decided then and there that I would move the yoga to the morning while my husband was showering, and I feel so wonderful this morning! I am not a morning person, so it's a totally new feeling for me. It's also another half hour to an hour of "me time" which is in way short supply around here.

Sara, have you heard anything about your big interview??

I better run for now, but I will be back later! :wave:

cldwv 10-10-2007 08:23 PM

Guys... I think I have sort of a problem. I'm feeling really rough. I don't think I'm eating enough. The problem is, I'm not hungry, at all. The worst of it is, I'm sick and have been for a week or so with a horrible cough. You know you're never hungry when you're sick but with the cough on top of that, and I hate to get gross, you know when you have that cough that is so bad it makes you want to puke? That's me.

I don't know if I'm feeling so crappy because I'm not eating or if I'm just plain sick and feeling crappy.