Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 AM   #136  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checking in to keep my slight status with this group. I sure hope I get a chance to meet some of you when the Empress of Australia (and NZ) descends on Toronto! Shad, if you want to see "real" Canada, we could kidnap you to Delta.

Not much happening with me except the usual dog adoration, beetching about the crappy weather and my weight. The Girls and I are still doing pet therapy and are in demand right now. A lot of the school kids are pretty freaked about the VA shootings (as we all are!) and need a dog to cuddle. Hershey is perfect - imagine Al Gore in a curly black fur suit!

Gotta get off my butt and around some breakfast. Have a great Hump Day!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #137  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chicks and the visiting Miss Ruthie

I am just wiped out from the work effort these last few weeks. You get to a point where there's nothing left to give and I'm there. And I'm still behind on the mountain of work that didn't get done when I was off fixing broken stuff. Don't tell me that the next month end is around the corner

I love the new avatars you guys have selected. Did not take offense to the dingoe at all - hope no one else did either. But I will stand in the corner with you as a show of support. Just don't make me eat that fiber mix of yours or else life will be "a gas" if you know what I mean

It's good to see that people are getting recommitted to their exercise and eating plans. I'm a lost cause on the exercise right now but I am trying very very hard not to let frustration take me down a bad eating path.

Just to prove that not all WW recipes are good - I made a crab chowder last night that was despicable (wish I had a sound bite of Sylvester the Cat lisping that word ) It wasn't horrid but what I consider to be a true waste of good groceries. Sometimes it's like that. Good think I didn't spring for the $11.99 can of lump crab meat - I used the fake stuff - which had nothing to do with the taste of the soup. Even the sherry in it couldn't save it

Better get going now - I have to drum up the energy to do some catch up tasks at work. Going to the dentist this morning - have to get a tooth crowned. Really looking forward to that - NOT! Will try and bring my lisping self back here tonight to catch up with the lot of you.

Be good.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I love the new avatars.

Where's Mel and Holly?

I've been checking out another websight. One of the radio channels is having a contest on trying to find the shadow. He used a name this week. I've never done this before.

Madcat--Broccoli cornbread has broccoli in the cornbread. I don't think there would be enough for a veggie serving though. It's delicious. I'll post the recipe later. My sister made it last week end while visiting with her.

It's a slow day today.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #139  

Happy, our stars must be aligned - I was at the dentist today too. But just for a cleaning and checkup, both of which earned me metaphorical gold stars and caused no pain at all. As for your crown, just try to think of how nice it'll be to have the tooth all solid and strong again. (I had 4 - or was it 5? - new crowns last fall... And no dental insurance. ) And I got a bunch of errands done. Could it be the possible effect of all that sunshine? At last?

Ceejay, I'd love to hear the cornbread recipe - my mother used to make it when I was a kid. We called it johnnycake. It was served warm, with fork holes poked into it to help it absorb the butter and corn syrup... Good hearty farm food, but no wonder my teeth are full of fillings!

Mel is probably taking full advantage of the good weather, out shopping up a storm. Step away from the frappucinos, lady, and nobody gets hurt!!

Happy, your Sylvester comment brought back a fun memory for me. Many years ago I had a long-distance love affair with a Spaniard who spoke very little English but had learned to say "suffering succotash" like Sylvester from watching cartoons. The only thing funnier was when he tried to order "blackened swordfish". Just thinking of it brings a (lecherous) smile to my face...

And on that note, I think I'll head off to the next errand on the list. This semi-retirement is exhausting...
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #140  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Ho Ho, so it is avatar change time again. I didn't mind the dingo. You gotta have some fun in the grey old world. Unfortunately Mr Dingo is in the wars again out on Fraser Island having bitten a 4 year old girl around the legs and butt. I thought one lady had it right when she said that she was saddened by the fact the the children had to suffer for the stupid actions of misguided (and demented) adults. See the stupid B***ards feed them! Well hello, in a dogs eye, does a shin bone from the cow look a lot different from the leg of a child??
These are native wild animals - emphasis on NATIVE and WILD. Don't feed them. Let them look after themselves. They've been doing it for longer than stupid white man has been on this continent - MUCH LONGER - GET THE PICTURE - good.

So Carla before you come out to Aus, tattoo the above paragraph on your right arm!!! Same for anyone else thinking of coming over here.

Lecture Over. Lord I am getting grumpy about things these days.

Right, flights from Newark to Toronto, Toronto to Calgary, Rocky Mountaineer and flight from Vancouver to SF - Booked. Accommodation comes next.
Ruth I might just take you up on that visit to the 'REAL' Canada yet. I've seen Niagara, Delta must be the next spot on my Must See list.

Happy - so sad that you are snowed under there. I'd love to be able to help out but I'm too far away. Maybe we should just send Madcat down to help you get on top of the pile. Mind you if you stand up instead of sitting down, you may be able to see over the top of the pile - always a bonus.

Mel - are you shopping? Come out of the shops - it's bad for the back.....pocket.

Better go and take advantage of the silence around here to get this Master Data finally finished. It's close.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #141  
Choose your hard

Ok, if I get the opportunity to visit Shad, I'm buying a REALLY good support bra and an extra small T-shirt with "DON'T FEED THE DINGOES" blazoned across it. Think that will get people's attention?

And Carla - you had me laughing so hard I leaned over and bonked my head on the back of the chair. "Thuffferin' thuck-o-tash was bad enough - but OMG blackened THORDfith! oops

Sorry - apparently that nitrous oxide has not worn off yet. Man that stuff is FUN! I had never had it before. Last time I was there they said they had to switch out tanks - apparently they never turned the new tank on because I didn't feel anything. The dentist was working on an upper tooth and my head was tilted back. The only thing was the mask kept sliding on my nostrils cutting off my breathing so I told them after a while to take the mask off. THIS time they asked if I wanted it again. I said "what duh heck" - give it one more try. Welllllllllllllllllllllll boys and girls. GUess that tank was hummin' after about 20 minutes I got all buzzed feeling - kinda like after your 6th glass of wine or 4th Tequila Sunrise. Just all warm and fuzzy feeling. I was hoping I wouldn't think of dopey things and start laughing. Instead I was thinking I'd love to get to goal a year from now and go back to DH's hometown - go sit on the rocks by the oceanside and have him take a nice picture of me. I have always really admired other people's pictures in that sort of setting with the water and a setting sun (tho in this case we'd have to do sunrise) as a background. Seemed like a good plan and one to motivate me to get to goal weight. Meanwhile Mr. Dentist shot me full of novocaine and the procedure was very tolerable. He said there were several large cracks in the tooth so the timing was good. Just can't wear my night guard because I might pop off the temporary crown. I think I'm going to like this dentist I did not plan well this morning - was supposed to have a big breakfast so that I could skip lunch. Didn't. And though I was careful munching the meatballs from my meatball sandwich at lunch, I see that I have managed to chew up my front lip. Doesn't feel as bad as I thought it would once the novocaine wore off but whudda dummy!

For now I can put my SAP stuff behind me - me and my buddy who have worked so hard these last few weeks REFUSE to do the same thing to fix April's data. Today I worked on catch up stuff in between the dentist. I have another interview tomorrow for another job I applied for - step 2 of 3 I imagine. Still torn between what the right thing to do is. But enough yammering about me...

Suzi - if we're doing the Sydney leg of the tour - can we PLEASE do a workout at your fabulous gym with the great view? I don't even care if you make us do a rigourous work out. That is so sad about the woman with the troubled DD - hope you were able to help her some.

Shad - that's ok that you can't help me. I appreciate the offer. More than that I appreciate the sympathy of one who truly understands the pain one can feel. Are you going to be able to see the Butchart Gardens on your trip up north? I know it was up in the air about flight and travel times. Wish I could travel along with you - it sounds wonderful - including meeting up with the Canadian chicks. DH and I were looking at the front yard today - we decided we think on what we're going to plant - same flowers we have on one side - they are hearty bloomers, come back again on their own and all you have to do is fill in an occasional bare spot where they might not have re-seeded well. They start blooming in early March and are hearty for the cool spring weather and even tolerate the hot summer days as long as we give them a drink of water. We have spent hundreds of dollars each year on annuals - some of which don't last all that long - I think I'm taking the easy route with perennials. Yes, it means I can't change the beds around but then again - that doesn't require a weekend of bed prep and another weekend or two of planting each year also! Can do some accent pots if I want some variety. Anyway as we were looking at the front beds, I was thinking - wish Shad was coming sooner I do have you pegged for giving us a lesson or two on keeping the roses looking better.

Carla - you paid out of pocket for 5 crowns on your own? Geez that could have been a new car. Wow. You have just brought me back down to earth about the fantasy of working for yourself. Kinda forget about the things like don't work, no pay and no insurance and paid holidays. Glad your dentist appt was a little one. Love the koala avatar - trade you a froggie cat for a cute koala.

Ceejay - yay on the "downsizing" - good to hear you got some healthy and tasty meals while away. Can BBQ be healthy? Bet your living room is looking good now that you have all the new furniture.

Madcat - did you get your water in today? Seems like you are very strong on the working out part. I admire that in you. I do well on the food but not so good at the working out part. I always think of you when I'm trying to drag some motivation into me. on seeing a good scale number - the best motivator. Keep up the good work!

Good that you can be a sharp eyed shopper Holly. I imagine it costs a bundle keeping kids in the "activity gear".

Hmmm tonight was supposed to be Garlic Cream Shrimp but I just don't feel like it. Might just make a pot of WW tortellini vegetable soup. I guess I can whip up the individual breakfast frittas too. Off to the kitchen then.

Give the pups a hug Ruth!

Painter, Meadow, Teel, Linus, Tig - would be nice to hear from you again when you have the chance.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #142  
Choose your hard

Mel honey - where are you??? Hang in there - I'm coming to get you!

Old 04-18-2007, 08:41 PM   #143  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY SEND THE RAFT!!! AND ARK!!! I SEE YOUR LITTLE GOLDEN EGG IS LIT

IT'S BEEN A HECTIC WEEK. PEOPLE OUT OF THE OFFICE. FILLING IN. THE ELECTION WAS YESTERDAY AND ENDED AT 9PM. MORE OFFICE TODAY. WILL CATCH UP WITH ALL OF YOU IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. I AM BEAT BUT HAPPY!!!
FOR ALL AND HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #144  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD I COULD USE A FEW OPAL BOULDERS WHEN YOU COME. HOW MANY CAN YOU FIT IN YOUR SUITCASE?? GOT THE EMAIL...TY! HOPE MURDER WAS ONLY SPRING IN YOUR MIND AND NOT IN YOUR HANDS AROUND SOMEONE'S NECK! HOPE THE MASTER DATA WENT OK!!

CEEJAY~ THERE IS ALWAYS SOME KIND OF SNITCH WAITING TO THROW A SPANNER INTO THE WORKS!!! HOPE IT ALL FADES AWAY!! CONGRATS ON THE SCALE...MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK FOR ANOTHER LONG VISIT AND LOSE MORE WEIGHT!

SUZI~ GLAD YOU WERE THERE FOR THAT GIRL.
SO NICE OF YOU TO GIVE UP YOUR SHOWER JUST TO COME HERE AND POST FOR US!

CARLA~ THE FIRST THOUGHT THAT CAME TO MY MIND WAS "I WONDER HOW MYCH MONEY I SAVED STAYING HOME" YOU MIGHT NOT GET TOSSED OFF THE SITE FOR TALKING DIETS BUT MAYBE THIS FORUP! CONGRATS ON THE 9 LB SCALE READING STILL!!! I COULD USE THE EFFING DIET...I MEAN THE f-DIET. BETTER THAN TAKING DULCOLAX!!!
HORSES AZZ!!

MADCAT~ MY GRANDMOTHER HAD FLOATING OPAL JEWELRY. LITTLE GLASS LIGHTBULB SHAPED VIALS FILLED WITH OIL AND CHIPS. LOVELY. SHE HAD A GORGEOUS RING TOO!! GOOD GOING WITH THE PILATES!!! SWEAT AWAY MRS MADCAT!!! GO GO GO!!

HAPPY~ SOOOO SORRY ABOUT THE UPPER LIP!! OMG BUT I TOO LOVE THE GAS. I DON'T GET THAT AT THE DENTAL SCHOOL THOUGH. MAYBE THAT'S WHY I KEEP PROCRASTINATING! WE COULD GO AND GET HIGH TOGETHER!! TELL THE DENTIST FUNNY JOKES!! HOPE THE LIP FEELS OK NOW IT'S WOKEN UP!!!

I THOUGHT I BETTER MAKE AN ATTEMPT TO CATCH UP NOW BEFORE BED. YOU LOT COULD HAVE ANOTHER 20 PAGES POSTED BUY THE TIME I GET AROUND TO READING!! LOVE TO YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN!!
SWEET DREAMS TO ALL AND GOOD MORNING SHADDIE AND SUZI
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #145  

There is now a little egg light shining above me for Mel. How interesting to see all the Northerners up and doing at the same time as me - well sort of the same time.

See ya my northern sis.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #146  

I do wish I had time for witty chatter. I enjoy all of yours so much. My brain comes up with something a day later and then I forget to come and type it.

HUGS!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:23 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

To much caffiene. I'm wide awake.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:57 AM   #148  

I am wide awake too but that is because it has just gone 1700hrs and not because it is the middle of the night.

Home to Char grilled salmon with crispy skin and a warm pepper salad. Yummo. Day is done.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #149  
Suzi in Auz

Default pulmbing issues ...reader beware!

HI all!
Happy ...you are on! work out all booked in. Is it next week we are in Sydney?

I have had plumbing problems not for me but the house! huge issues with our upstairs loo and such ...not nice. People of squeemish tummies should stop reading NOW!
The plumber came because everything was blocked ...he made all sorts of noises but couldn't find the blockage...then told me he would have to take the toilet off and try that...didn't work. The kids went up to offer him a cuppa and he had ..p..p everywhere... they were horrified.
He still couldn't find blockage, He said he needed to find bluerpints for house, I walked around with him to see where the downpipe was and he had missed it, he was totally thinking it was a different one..."oh if i had known that I wouldn't have to take the loo off" which he broke! so now he tried to unblock this and whoosh! everything came on him! p..p and all! it a way good job, poor fellow though, lkuckily i had poured so much stuff down the pipe because I was worried about the smell and hygeine, it will be quite clean p..p!
At the same time we were having a new shower installed. Actually it looks lovely and a new toilet will just make it look so much better but there was no option of compensation from the plumber. It's a tricky one! He's kinda a friend. I might have to just ask him for free installation

ok...plumbing problems over.
The kids are still snoring and I really should get on with my day. I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Maybe this should be our first stop. The beautiful North Coast.

http://www.visitnsw.com.au/Destinati...ductID=9017193
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:34 PM   #150  

Default Ramblings of the lunatic

Yeah well I guess that is how I feel right now. Maybe I'll explain it all later if I can.

Madcat, we should all have a drink more water day or week. I do drink quite a lot - when I think about it - then there are days when I am busy and find that at the end of the day, not a drop was drunk. That's plain naughty.

Ruth: Speaking as the Empress of the entire Gondwanaland (New Zealand and Australia - please note the order in which they are listed! ) I would be delighted to be kidnapped to Delta and the 'real Canada'. I will arrive in Toronto on 10th of June - late afternoon from memory and will leave late afternoon on the 14th. Hoping to catch up with as many as we can. I know Carla won't be making it and I will see her in Vancouver, but there is still Holly, Madcat and yourself. I'd love to meet up with the furry critturs. Miss having a dog to snog.

Ceejay - That cornbread and broccoli does sound good. Wouldn't mind having a go at that myself.

Happy, I have a couple of days - about 3 I think that I can go to Victoria and get lost in Butchart. I just love my calenday.
I have a confession to make. I did buy a birthday card - one for you and one for Mel. I forgot to post either of them. So you will just have to have another birthday when I get there. There is not much hope of getting one there in the time frame. So sorry. The perennial garden idea is great. It will save you a lot of time and you can overplant with other stuff which blooms in different seasons as well. Just don't forget that they will need feeding and watering. There are masses of self seeders that are truly lovely. Nothing nicer than a field of Californian poppies, ranunculas, even marigolds and petunia, cosmos etc. I'll look at the roses when I get there. Your problem and mine with roses is that they don't always like the humidity too much and tend to get some nasty diseases. Funnily enough they just keep on growing and growing. Drought doesn't bother them. There are some varieties that don't mind the humidity and it's a good idea to watch out for those.

Mel - I can fit in quite a few opal boulders. However the question is, can I afford what I can fit in? No probably not. Murder was in the mind, nowhere else. I can dream.
Don't go out shopping any more. Look at how much you save by not going. Go to the park instead. Watch the butterflies - oh I forgot, you are still in the rainy season! Silly me.

Holly - I love it when someone comes back to the site a couple of days later and delivers a line which alludes to something that was written days back. I have to go back and find out what it was in relation to. Then I get the giggle.

Suzi - that is a good website. Lots of pretty pictures there. I see we are almost into Queensland with mention of Tweed Heads etc. I'll have to work on the Queensland sector and see what gives.

Okay, the Master Data is finally finished. Is it right? Well probably not, but I can't find anyone who knows more about it than I do and since I don't know a lot, that's saying something. All I have to do now is to bring it all together in a manual. Then we can say it is finito!!

Gotta go - that manual calls. I'll be back later if I can. I don't think I will be around over the weekend so if I'm not here, I am snorkelling on the reef or doing housework. The choice is mine. It's so hard to decide! NOT