Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 188/178/160

I had a busy night last night. I hung up talking with my daughter and reached under my sink to get the dishwasher soap and the box was all wet. Darn!! I have put my condo up for sale and I need to get a few repairs done so I wasn't happy to find now I have a leak to get fixed. My place really needs a new kitchen. It was my plan to take less money and let a new owner deal with upgrading (vey small kitchen). But a leak is something I need to have fixed. It's so hard to get anyone to do repairs anymore. I have a section of parquet flooring that needs to be fixed and I don't know how many companies I called, they're not interested in doing small jobs. I have a co-worker from my regular job who is willing to do the work but he just had hand surgery and it may be a couple more weeks before he can come and fix things. Lots of stress going on until I can get this place sold.

Yesterday was such a good day too before the leak happened. I went to a produce warehouse and got lots of really good prices on fruits and veggies, so I bought a lot of stuff. Now with the leak, I have to be really careful using water, so my plans to do some cooking today are not going to work.

As to WW Core, I found it to be very close to SB. WW does allow popcorn (well even corn which we can't have). I found having a bag of light popcorn got me through a few nights when I was looking for something to snack on. I'm going to have to make roasted chick peas and see if that will satisfy me when I need to have a snack. I have chick peas just about everyday in some form. Hummus and WW pita is a favorite breakfast for me.

I definitely want to try that cabbage recipe above. It sounds like a winner to me. I don't use tarragon and was wondering if regular vinegar would work?

For those of you who are dealing with illnesses for yourself or members of your family, I think you must be very strong women. I would have tried to comfort myself with an overabundance of cakes and goodies. I applaud you for your control in not doing that. If you all can do it, so can the rest of us.

Carole
Old 02-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #122  

Hi all on a cold,cold Sunday afternoon.

We went to walmart for groceries and papergoods and now I'm ready to put my feet up for a while. I have put my pork loin roast in and the rest of dinner shouldn't take to long to fix so I'll wait til 5:00 to finish.
I'm having a hard time getting in all my water due to the weather. Will make that my goal for next week to get adequate water every day.

Thanks for all the kind words about my boys. The auto immune system is so very mysterious. I like to think though in my kids' lifetime there will be a cure for MS. Maybe that is optimistic buy why not?

KayeC
Old 02-19-2006, 06:02 PM   #123  

Evening everyone... I did not go to church with Tom tonight, because I am sporting a migraine, and feel pretty crummy. Dinner was roast beef, brussel sprouts and a very small baked potato. (potatoes are NOT legal... shame on me!)

I took a nap this afternoon, hoping that would help, but I woke up feeling worse. I can't even knit, because my wrists are so sore. Bummer.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #124  

Today was a lazy day for me. I overslept which put me in a rush to get breakfast cooked and to church ontime. I made the WW pancakes and they were amazing! My husband even liked them.

We had a late lunch of swiss steak and green beans. I made mashed potatoes for DH but he didn't like them. Go figure. I didn't taste them as I made them so that's probably why.
Closed Thread