Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #16  
Addicted to potato salad!

Thin: I thought your signature meant you are willing yourself to power dust..as in dusting your house. I'm such an airhead.

Nicolee: Pretend you're on atkins with the starchy carbs and allow yourself to "cheat" a little here or there. This way you'll keep it down to a low amount. I try to always have atkins-type breakfasts. It's easy to go low-carb (which equates to steering clear of starchy carbs) for breakfast with things like eggs and bacon and sausage. I try to add in an orange or some fruit as well...which is not legal on atkins. But if you saute some green peppers and onions and sausage pieces until brown or well cooked, pour over some scrambled eggs and make a frittata of sorts out of it, it's very filling and satisfying and will last you till lunch. I save the protien smoothie for lunch, myself. This way, if you get in your first two meals carb/starch free, you can have some for dinner as a reward. Of course, technically, you'd be better off with the starches for breakfast, with the whole day ahead to work them off.

Solly: NO! We did NOT get any snow and I'm not the LEAST bit happy about it, either. We're under a lake effect snow warning right now, too, and the SUN is shining!! I was watching the news and I was so jealous. We never have any fun around here!! But thanks for asking!! Sounds like a nice, cozy weekend for you. I have to watch wine, too. It makes me retain water and that's no fun for anyone!! Happy birthday, by the way!!

Munch: Hope you shake that cold. Sometimes its a real bugger to get rid of them.

Monet: I love chicken baked with those soups. I make it with stuffing mixedin and spread on top with the chicken cut in cubes. My sister made it for me when I came home with Shelley from having her in the hospital...it was like the food of the Gods!!

Okay...I can't figure out why, but the bank I go to here in town is closed for LIncoln's birthday. I thought presidents day was a week from today. I needed to go make a withdrawl and deposit it in another bank in the next town over and figured that all the banks were closed, but then I saw someone go into the post office and thought that they would be closed if it were a govt holiday, so called the bank in Clayton and they were open! So, had to write a check from the Cape bank and take it to Clayton anyhow. I'm jsut wondering why one lonely bank would be closed but not the rest? Anyhow...

Gotta run. The house isn't gonna clean itself. I keep wishing it would, but it never does.

Talk to you guys later!!

Kris
Old 02-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #17  

Hi all,
Happy MMM.
I checked this morning and weighed 165 which I think is a more accurate weight than the 159 the week before. At least it is still down from 168.5 that I started at!

Solly: I had to laugh!

"It was a lazy weekend. I cleaned the house on Sat, got my hair done, watched ballgames and ran one errand. Fixed dinner and watched a movie. Yesterday was about the same. After church I ran to Wal-Mart and then cooked meals for the week. MyDD & SIL came over for turkey dinner. I did make two fleece blankets yesterday. One for a friend who is a U of L fan and a breast cancer one for me."

This is your idea of a lazy weekend!?! I'm tired just reading what all you got done.

Princess, Sorry for the loss of your aunt. My dad passed away July 26, 2004. He just didn't wake up one morning. It is very hard to get through but you will.

I went grocery shopping this morning and found a 100% whole wheat bagel that was a smaller size than most. I toasted it for lunch with sliced turkey, swiss and mustard. Yum...

Dinner will be pintos with ham, onions, peppers a carrot or two and coleslaw.

KayeC
Old 02-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #18  

the Will Power Dust

Monet, thanks for fixing the recipe link.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #19  

I'm so excited. I finally found agave. My husband works in a neighboring town that has a natural foods store and they carry it. He's supposed to pick me up a couple of bottles on his way home from work. I can't wait to try it out.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 188/178/160

Default Shame On Me

Well the blizzard socked it to us here on Long Island. I had stocked up on plenty of SB foods but didn't expect to eat almost all of it within two days! I ended up with no phone, no internet and the cable went out a lot of the time. So feeling extra lonely, I turned to my friend Food and we had a very big party, just Food and me.

I don't dare get on the scale until next week because I really don't want to know. But seeing how the rest of you have done well will inspire me to get back to eating the right way.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:28 PM   #21  
Addicted to potato salad!

Tip for the day...never fold staticy laundry while listening to your iPod. Don't ask. Just don't do it. Your ears will thank you...
Old 02-13-2006, 04:40 PM   #22  

Dripping - had I been in your situation I probably would have done the same thing. As a matter of fact me and Food spent more time together yesterday than we should have since I didn't go anywhere because of ice.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Sorry I haven't been to the board in a few days. Life offline has been very busy. This morning my hubby had my computer. He is filling out all his papers to start school soon. Exiciting and scary for sure. I bought some new scales yesterday and they are so MEAN! They weight more than mine and my mom's. Oh well. My guess is that I am am still up a pound or two. My new official weight is 166. What's so funny is that even though I know in my head I am not any bigger than yesterday the larger number makes me feel larger. If I could accomplish one thing it would be to quit being ran by the scales.

I hate to run with out responding to everyone but if I don't get moving there will be no walk. And I need to walk.

((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 02-13-2006, 06:23 PM   #24  

Hi everyone:

I haven't had much time to read posts. I just wanted to pop in and say that I may not be on for a few days. I developed a severe earache over the weekend, and went to the doctor today. It turns out I have a hole in my eardrum, a blood blister on the eardrum, as well as a pocket of pus. The pain is unbelievable. I can't think of anything I've had that has been painful, even major surgery. They started me on an antibiotic and I'm having to take Sudafed around the clock to open up the eardrum, since it is closing up. They said the pain s/b better in 2-3 days, but the hearing loss may not be better for a month or so. If it doesn't improve in a month, they may have to do surgery. I am not a big "drug" fan, but have taken two pain pills since last night (my doctor called them in for me until I could get in). It sounds like a have constant white noise in that ear, and is so frustrating. I'll check in when I am feeling a bit better.

Have a great Valentine's Day everyone!
Nat
Old 02-13-2006, 07:41 PM   #25  

Hi all. Happy Birthday to all the Birthday Gals!!

Well three days this week of the rest of my OT so I will be behind on the replies. I had a really busy weekend and did not get enough of my normal weekend chores done. I did get a chance to get a little bit of sewing in and working on my first quilt project. Just wish there was more time.
We got hit with snow but thankfully it didnt add up to much. Kind of scary driving in it Saturday night but we maybe had a inchish total. Its just been darn cold and windy the past two days.
I ate terrible this weekend. Went out for three meals between Friday and Saturday and I just made bad choices. I guess the only good thing I can say is I didnt eat any desserts so I'll take that as a plus cause Im sure it could of been worse than what it was.
Im not weighing so I have no idea where my weight is but Im going to check my tape measure closer to the end of the week.
Have a wonderful evening !
Old 02-13-2006, 10:15 PM   #26  

Evening, everyone. The dinner at church tonight went very well. They have me plan for 50, but tonight there was only about 25 there. I had so much food left! I gave the ad min about six chicken breasts for him and his wife, since she has a busy week at the denomination headquarters where she works. So, they have dinner for a few nights. I brought home about 16 or so in two pans, along with the mashed potatoes and green beans the ad min left. I put one pan of 8 or 9 breasts in the freezer to pull out one night when I need an easy quick meal. I will probably have a few nights like that in the near future! I did not eat very much tonight...but I do feel stuffed. Not sure why, but I will blame it on the sauce. Dairy sometimes makes me feel bloated.

I just finished preparing Tom's smoothies to carry tomorrow. I am really dragging, so I think I will get ready for bed. Its about time!

Sweet dreams everyone!
Old 02-14-2006, 12:59 AM   #27  

Evening gals....

Happy Birthday to all of you ladies with Birthdays this week. I hope each and everyone of you have a day as special as you are!!

How many of you got hit with the storm?? It looked like a pretty wicked one from what I saw on the news. Hope everyone is okay, and that it doesn't take too long to dig out. We got a couple of inches this morning, but that is nothing compared to what I saw on the TV.

Well, I did it, I made it through the full weekend ON PLAN!! That is the first in a long time, and it feels really good. I am hoping that I have passed my crisis point and can get back to some serious weight loss. I have decided that I am not going to weigh myself for a couple of weeks, I don't want to get discouraged if I show a gain for some reason. I will weigh in at the end of the month and post my progress.

We spent the day in town at my SIL's. Today was her 85th Birthday. She has a tough time getting around, so we took her out some lunch and a cake. My Mom has been making the cutest little scarecrows out of wood. They are in three pieces and each piece is connected to the other with a chain, so that they sway and twirl in a breeze. So I took one to Buelah for her birthday, and she loved it! I ate lots of veggies and passed on the cake, so I am hoping that it is getting easier!! Wasn't able to walk today because of the snow, but I did walk up and down 5 flights of stairs at Buelah's. Better than nothing!!

Well, I am sorry that I am not getting to the replies now, but I will get here earlier tomorrow and get that done. Good night all.......
Old 02-14-2006, 05:49 AM   #28  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MORNING ALL YOU LOSERS!!

This is a complete DRIVE BY...I"ll get back to you this afternoon. I woke up at 4 a.m. and decided to just get up before my back started aching!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

BOB
Old 02-14-2006, 08:13 AM   #29  

Good Morning!

I did not sleep well last night, waking up at 1, 3, and 5...then my dearly beloved husband woke me up at 6 to make chicken salad that I was too pooped to make last night. I made the chicken salad, espresso and shoved him out the door. Then I unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded it, put the chicken salad into small containers to be carried for lunch, and sat down to a scoop of it with RyKrisps for breakfast. I think it is one of the best batches ever! I just finished up my espresso, and I really ought to get busy, but I am thinking I might crawl back in bed for a bit. I am having a hard time staying awake!

I will return later!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:19 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Valentines Day to everyone.

Hope everyone's day if just filled to the brim with love

Got in 80 minutes of cardio last night. Then came home and fixed dinner. I love going to the gym before dinner, but it makes dinner so late. The only good thing is then I don't want to snack after dinner.

This morning I got up at 5:30 and fixed my DH breakfast then instead of going back to bed for 20-30 minutes (which I tend to then oversleep) I hit the treadmill for a mile. Hoping to get to the gym tonight. I hear DH has plans to eat out (even though I have dinner already fixed). But will insist on going sometime.

Nicolee, 3 is what the book calls for, but 2 is better as Monet said. I try to do 1 a day, and save 2 a day for special foods. Gotta make the cheesecake with the agave. To die for!

Thin, I'm not a big fruit eater either (much rather have chips) but since doing SB I make myself have a fruit a lunch. I have since learned to enjoy fruit more. Can't say I would choose it over chips if I had the chance, but I would now hesitate and think about it a minute. Try adding a fruit to on meal a day and see how that curbs your sugar craving.

Gator, we are expecting 50's tomorrow. That will be warm for me.

Tech, I'm amazed you didn't get any snow. Thought all of NY did. When you find out how to make the house clean itself, let me know. Thanks for the BD wishes.

KayeC, check the calories on that bagel. If it is more than 80, it counts as 2 carbs. That was a lazy weekend for me. I have to be on the go. If I hadn't had those blankets to do, I would have been bored out of my mind.

Dripping, don't be too hard on yourself. Most of us would have done the same thing. Just get right back on track and you will be fine.

Country, I know how you feel about being larger one day from the next. I have a pair of pants that are too tight. I tried them on today, hoping, and they felt tighter than last week and I am down a few pounds since then. Go figure.

Nat, you poor thing. How painful. Hope it clears up quickly and no surgery is needed. Keep us posted.

Cindy, just put that weekend behind you and start again.

teensy, on staying OP all weekend. You are back on track and going in the right direction. Thanks for the BD wishes.

Monet, what kind of spices do you use in your chicken salad? Sorry you had such a bad night.

Bob: How is Kate doing?

Got a busy day ahead of me. Have a wonder Valentine's Day and hope no one get candy as a gift.
Closed Thread