3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 2/13 - 2/19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/75975-sugarbusters-weekly-support-board-2-13-2-19-a.html)

Ellen 02-12-2006 10:40 PM

Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 2/13 - 2/19

:welcome: Welcome to Sugarbusters! :welcome:

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too! :)

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...09#post1128809

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread

Ellen 02-12-2006 10:49 PM

Challenges!

CHALLENGES!

:val1: PLAN! Make a menu and follow it. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!

:val1::val1: EXERCISE! Get in at least three days of vigorous exercise. Its good for the heart, and good for the scale!

:val1::val1::val1: Identify a problem area for you. Post it, and see what ideas and tips for handling it you can get.

Ellen 02-12-2006 10:54 PM

We have three birthdays this week!

2/15 is Gatorgal's birthday

2/16 is Solly's birthdayy

2/18 is Aiyana's birthday

Ellen 02-13-2006 08:15 AM

MMM for me was just so so. I was down the half pound I was up last week, so I essentially stayed the same. At least it was not UP.

I am cooking dinner for the leadership at church tonight, so it will be a busy day. I am making chicken breasts baked with cream of chicken and cream of celery soup on them, green beans and mashed potatoes, and brownies and a few purchased items for dessert. It is an easy menu, as I did not want a challenge at this point...not until AFTER the wedding. :)

I hope everyone has a good MMM! I will check in later, but right now, I NEED espresso! :s:

nicolee 02-13-2006 09:17 AM

Monet - That dinner sounds really good.:hun:

Well, my magic bullet blender broke over the weekend and I was deprived of my protien shake this morning. I ate a bowl of uncle sam cereal instead but I'm already hungry again. Good thing I brought some snacks with me. The motor on it still runs so I'm hoping that my dad can fix it...the man can fix anything.

Lunch today will be tuna on WW bread. Dinner will either be WW rotini and sauce or hamburger steaks.

Munchermom 02-13-2006 09:44 AM

Good Monday all.

Princess, I am so sorry for your loss... praying for you while you are away and hope you can check in and read all the good thoughts everyone is sending to you.:hug:

I have decided to weigh in on Wed instead. I will post it when I do. It is just easier for me with the weekend and all. I am back to counting my calories out on FitDay (LOVE it!!!) to see where I stand with my intake. I honestly think some days I am not eating enough with all the exercise I do. (Some days I KNOW I am eating enough..... oink oink!!!!) Just finished reading thru a Martha Stewart Magazine at my moms this weekend- I was so happy to find many SB friendly recipes and lots of the ads for foods were for ww items!!! People are catching on!!! By the way, my mom has been sticking to SB after her stroke and has lost an additional 8 pounds since being home from the rehab unit!! It makes a total of like 17 pounds for her!!! I am soo happy!! Her sugar levels (she is diabetic) have also been great!!!! Hopefully, she will be able to decrease her medication as time goes on and she keeps losing (she has quite a bit to lose).

Well, I am gonna go cuddle up with my dd- I have been struggling with a cold this weekend too and did not sleep well. I have tons of stuff to do around the house- but it will wait!!! I'll check in later on!!

Welcome Dripping!!!

HUGS<> MUNCH

Melf 02-13-2006 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monet
[Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=89

Does this link work for anyone or is it my computer? :?:

Melf 02-13-2006 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monet
We have three birthdays this week!

2/15 is Gatorgal's birthday

2/16 is Solly's birthdayy

2/18 is Aiyana's birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GATOR, SOLLY, & AIYANNA!!!:hb: :cp: :hat: :woo: :balloons: :grouphug: :gift:

Ellen 02-13-2006 10:08 AM

MELF: The link DID work when I first posted it...I will check it out. (scratching head in confusion)

Ellen 02-13-2006 10:11 AM

MELF: The link is correct, but does not work right. I will check with Suzanne.. I am sure it has to do with the server move.

Update: Suzanne checked it out and said the link was incomplete and fixed it! (Now how that happened I just don't know! But it works now! Thanks for pointing it out!)

Solly 02-13-2006 10:26 AM

Happy MMM!

It was a lazy weekend. I cleaned the house on Sat, got my hair done, watched ballgames and ran one errand. Fixed dinner and watched a movie. Yesterday was about the same. After church I ran to Wal-Mart and then cooked meals for the week. MyDD & SIL came over for turkey dinner. I did make two fleece blankets yesterday. One for a friend who is a U of L fan and a breast cancer one for me. They are soo warm.

I'm down 2 lbs today. I was hoping to be in a new set of numbers, but will strive for that this week. I did get on the treadmill both Sat & Sun at home.

We will be hitting the gym, tonight and Tues and Thurs. Wed I will do some stuff with the ball at home.

I think my biggest prblem is we like to drink. We go to happy hour on Fridays, and usually to the lodge on Wed. I have to have a glass of wine in the hot tub. Alcohol is such empty calories,but I love my wine.

Monet, I am way ahead on the challenges this week. I have already cooked my meals for this week. All I have to do is add veggies. Thursday is open in case we go out for my birthday. Monday, Tues and Thurs are gym nights. Wed I plan to do some stuff at home before I go to bunco. I'm thinking on the problem one. You meals sounds pretty easy. Do you just cook the chicken in only the soups?

Nicolee, my dand could fix anything too. Now DH is another story. Watch your starchy carbs. Cereal, bread (depending on how many slices) and pasta is at least 3 or 4. It could prove to be a problem for you.

Munch, Congrats to your mom for doing so well on SB. You must be good incentive.

Melf, thank you.

princess, I'm so sorry for your loss. We are thinking of you.

Dripping, Welcome

Teensy, Great job on the 3 miles! :clap:

Bob, glad Kate is home. Sounds like she will be getting alot of help there. Hope her legs continues to improve.

Nat, hope everyone is well by now.

Gator, We are sad fans today. Thought we might pull it out, but.

Tech, are you snowed in?

Got to get busy. Have a great OP Day.

nicolee 02-13-2006 10:35 AM

Quote:

Watch your starchy carbs. Cereal, bread (depending on how many slices) and pasta is at least 3 or 4. It could prove to be a problem for you.
I hadn't thought about that. I don't usually eat cereal for breakfast...I really don't like cereal too much. There's a trip to Wal-Mart in my near future, I must have a blender so that I can have my breakfast smoothies.

We'll definitely be having hamburger steak tonight then...better to do that than over do my carbs.

BTW - how many starchy carbs should we have daily?

Ellen 02-13-2006 10:51 AM

NICOLEE: Two or three at most for the starchy carbs. Two is better.

ThinWithin225 02-13-2006 11:20 AM

MMM was HORRIBLE!:( My weekend was full of bad, bad eating and it shows!:nono: :^: So, I guess my biggest challenge is staying on plan!!! On the weekend AND through the week. Maybe I can catch up to where I should be by being careful this week and just start from there. I'm not sure that it is anything that I can be helped with, other than me learning how to control myself and my eating, and be able to "cool it" when I get to craving something sweet. I'm not a big fruit eater, so I'm going to have to come up with some sweet substitutes or something. Maybe I just need a little :hug: and :dust: (Isn't this cute!)

GatorGal 02-13-2006 01:38 PM

Mary--I just tried the link and it did not work for me at 1:32 p.m. Maybe I'll go back and try it from the original post that Monet did.

Brrrrr. Cold here. Sunny but windy and cold--In the 50's today. It is supposed to get to 28° tonight. All the pretty plants in the butterfly garden will be toast. Won't look very good for the wedding :( We covered up a ton of plants and hope they make it through tonight, which is supposed to be the worst. The plants that we lost are perennials which can be cut back to sprout out, but by March 4 they will still look like sticks. :yikes:

Yep, the link works fine from Monet's original post. Yay!