Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Calcium intake is extremely important. How much calcium do you get in an average day?
I know I get some, but how much, I haven't a clue! 14 60.87%
Less than 200 milligrams 0 0%
200-499 milligrams 1 4.35%
500-749 milligrams 1 4.35%
750-999 milligrams 1 4.35%
1,000-1,200 milligrams 2 8.70%
I'm a cow in disguise, just call me Elsie! I get a LOT of calcium! 1 4.35%
I take a calcium supplement and/or a multi-vitamin that gives me what I need daily. 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2001, 07:40 PM   #16  

Hi everyone

I've been feeling a little ticked off lately. I was down two pounds last week but it's been fluctuating between 198 and 200 for the last several days. I know this always happens but I am still a little peeved that it won't stay down. It's taken me long enough to lose that little bit, I wonder if I am doomed to stay at this weight for ever. I did go a little off plan on the weekend. I wolfed down TWO donuts while watching a movie I had rented. I don't know what got into me that day. I'm frequently in the donut shop picking up a coffee and I'm not bothered by the donuts but this day I just had to have'em. I saw SECRETS AND LIES which someone here had recommended and really enjoyed it. I went for a walk this morning. No idea how far, probably no more than a mile. I had left my car in the garage for maintenance and didn't feel like sitting around for a couple of hours so took myself off for a walk to the shopping mall. The weather was dull and overcast all morning then just when I left the mall to return to the garage the rains came down. So I got quite a soaking even though I had my umbrella with me. I should get in a lot of walking while I am away as I will probably be using public transportation quite a bit. I'll be taking my running shoes with me for sure.

Kim - I'm glad to see you back. I missed your posts while you were away. I'm glad you decided to stay with SB. I know it is frustrating when you are not losing. The only thing that keeps me on track is I absolutely don't want to gain back what I have lost.

Starchaser - Sorry to hear about Bogart. Although I have never had a dog I can understand that he was like one of the family and you will miss him terribly. My thoughts are with you.

Deb - I can really relate to your Motivational post to-day. It is so true. There's been many a time when I have spent more energy thinking about doing a task than what it takes to complete that task.

Snooks - Welcome to the board. I'm from the UK but it has been over thirty years since I have lived there so I won't be much help with products from there. The main thing with packaged and canned goods is to check and see how much sugar there is per serving. Up to 3 grms per serving is allowable. Deb posted some information recently about HEINZ baked beans. Apparently they make some without added sugar which are available in the UK ONLY (hope I got that right Deb). A few things I like to snack on are grapes, an orange or apple with a piece of cheese, Triscuits, Finn Crisp, Kavli Crispbread (the last two are similar to Ryvita) with cream cheese and/or fruit spread, dried apricots. I'm going to the UK for a holiday soon - I leave on the 5th June for two weeks. I'll be staying with family in Slough and South London. What part of the country are you from?

Fillise - Your aunt sounds like a wonderful person. Thanks for sharing the story with us. And congrats on the loss.

Nancemeister - Hope you enjoy the swim and the barbecue. Isn't it good to have someone else do the cooking for a change.

Rhroo - It doesn't sound like your day was too boring. It sounds more like a busy one, with the walking and the shopping. It's good to hear that you are so committed to the exercises. I wish I could say the same. I've really been slacking lately. Maybe after my holiday I will get back into it again.

Sef - Sorry to hear about your hand. I hope it is better soon.

Cheri45 - Glad to hear you are almost down to your lowest again.

Well, I have a pile of dishes in the sink so I had better move my butt and get on with them.

Will check in again later. I may not be posting much this week but I will be lurking. I have a busy week ahead. I'll be working right up until Sunday, except for a day off on Thursday. Then off Monday and away on Tuesday. I'm beginning the count down to my vacation.

Bye

Marie.
Old 05-28-2001, 07:45 PM   #17  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening Everyone

Had a nice day out with Sharon, leisure day, really didn't do much, and lots of places we wanted to go were closed. Tried to go to the movies, what a dumb thought, it was packed, so we just mosied on back to her house.

Got a call from my Mom, that my Father was in the hospital. He walks every day, and the other day he felt a cramp in his leg-this was while on vacation-they just got home last night. Anyhow, this morning, he went for his usual walk and came home (he goes out at 4am so he can be at work by 6am) and asked my Mom to take him to the hospital. Since he works at one (he's a pharmacist) she thought he missed the bus he takes, but he was having trouble breathing and knew something was wrong. Anyhow, to make a long story short, they found 3 blood clots in his lungs, so he's in CCU for the next 3-4 days. I just got home from taking the kids to see him and he looks great actually, but they have IV's and oxygen going up his nose-I would never think this would happen to him, he exercises a lot, so he's pretty fit, or so we thought. Anyhow, just thought I'd share this little bit of upheavel in my life.

Thought I'd share this interesting bit of info with you...as many of you know, I have been using the Weight Commander Program for over a year now and keep track of my weight as well as other aspects of my daily weight loss life. I am the same weight today as I was 30 days ago AND 60 days ago! Go figure!

CATLOVER, thanks for that great motivational thought-I love RM's words-what insight!

FILLISE, WOO HOO! You got girl! That's awesome news!!!! CONGRATS! Your Aunt sounds like an amazing woman! I love to hear about elders who are still going strong. My Great-Grandfather lived to be 105 and had his wits about him til the end, didn't have his eyesight though, but was quick as a whip! I loved the message behind your story-great motivational words!!!

SEF, OUCH! Sounds like a nasty scratch you got there from the fur ball! Please make sure if your hand isn't better by tomorrow you'll get it looked at. Don't be like STARCHASER and wait. How many carbs, on average are you taking in? How long have you been on this plateau? I wouldn't cut out carbs completely, but I'm sure we can figure out how we can help you start moving down again. Why don't you post a menu for tomorrow on the board, it usually seems to help see what you are eating. I've been on many a plateau (read above as well), and I can tell you, patience will be rewarded. Sometimes, our bodies just need a little time to get adjusted. As long as you know you are doing everything right, you will start to lose again!

OVERCOME, MAYBE since it was SB legal, you won't have too much of a reaction from too much pizza. Have you posted the recipe for the crust on the board?

RHROO, great going on the 4 miles! Glad you were able to find a suit, I'm sure you look great in it! The only suit I could ever think of wearing that would hide all my problem spots would be a wet-suit!!!

QUILTER, a fireplace-just the thought of that makes me wish I was with you! It's sooo hot here! Please do tell me what the guy says about the Powerbelt, I'd be interested in knowing. The owner sent me copies of different info on it that was in magazines in the past and PREVENTION gave it a wonderful rating! I know it works, and I love mine Thanks for the motivational thought!! Enjoy Paul when he gets home!!!

MARIE, I'm sure the scale hasn't reflected those 2 donuts-it's probably just normal fluctuations-look at me, I know it's not from what I've been eating! I hope you know that we're going to miss you while you are gone!!

Gotta go, will check in with you all tomorrow morning (if not later tonight).

Again, please remember TOMORROW NIGHTS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST I will post the link to the SB CHAT ROOM tomorrow!

Have a good one!

Debbie
194/132/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 05-28-2001, 08:24 PM   #18  

DEB---Just wanted to let you know that I'll be saying prayers for you dad's speedy recovery. Thank goodness he listened to his body when it was telling him there was something wrong. How good that they found the clots now before they started moving to his heart. Someone that active is going to get intense cabin fever if he has to stay in the hospital for long. I sure do hope he's better soon and back to his usual healthy lifestyle. Also, I loved your motivational thoughts today. I need to hear that all the time. I'm still reading the Body Zone and will let you know what's said about the Powerbelt equipment.

ROSALIE---Good to hear from you. Yes, I'm glad to be back. Have you gone to England yet? Let me know what your schedule is on that. I'll be sending good thoughts your way for a safe and beautiful trip. I'm sorry the weight loss is getting you down. I have been in that same boat and know it's NO FUN!!! Just keep doing what you know is healthy and watch to see if your measurements are changing. Maybe the pounds are staying the same but you might be losing inches. I've decided to avoid the scales for a while and just concentrate on these size 16 jeans I have that I'm desperate to get into. (My size 18's have a little whole in the backside and I don't especially want to expose my you-know-what.) Once I can get the 16's on, zipped and can sit down and breathe at the same time, I will get on the scales to see where I am. But not a minute sooner. Also, I LOVED Secrets and Lies!!!! Wasn't it GREAT????? I adore Brenda Blethen (spelled wrong, I know) and that other woman I think her name is Marianne Jean-Baptiste. She was amazing in it. When she was in the records office reading all the info about her birth . . . I swear I could feel all the emotions running through her head. And I'm not even adopted. I've got another recommendation for you . . . Cookie's Fortune. It's awesome!!! Set in US in the south and really well done. A wonderful cast and brilliant acting. Just watched it again this weekend and really enjoyed it the second time through.

Well, that's it for tonight. Paul is home and he's winding down from his trip. Want to spend some quality time with him. Must say one more thing: wasn't really scheduled to do the TM tonight, but got on anyways. And did 38 minutes with one 2-minute run and one that was less than a minute. Yippee. I love the power I feel after being able to actually move my behind in a run for 2 minutes. It's a good thing.

Take care.
Kim
Old 05-28-2001, 08:47 PM   #19  

Just checking in...I'm back to my long stretch at work, worked all week end (12 hr shifts), 8 today, 2 more 12's Tues & Wed, then my final 8 hrs Thurs....then it's VACATION TIME!. But first things first, huh? OK, I could not get enough time to sit at the puter & read so I copied & pasted a printable version of the messages into WordPad last night & printed it out. Things were a little slow at work today so I was able to read evrything! I really miss it when I'm out of touch with all of you. I made a few notes & will try to respond to some. Sorry, I just don't have the time to really respond as I would like.

First of all... Solshine how sweet of you to want to arrange a face-to-face meeting. I really would like that. We are planning to drive to Orlando, but I'm not sure yet which day it will be. I saw you posted your email, so I will email you when I finish posting this message & give you the phone # to reach me in New Smyrna Beach. Maybe we can work something out.

VIV, WOW, you're a celeberty! LOL... Really, I think that's great that you had the opportunity to have that interview. Can't wait to read it. Glad to hear that your dad is mending well. Sure hope he has a positive experience with the Rehab. We have Albertson's chain here in LA also. Will check out their SB ice cream the next time I'm there.

SPARKLESCAMP, Hope your date & week end of camping went well.

OVERCOME,I have also had the breast pains, & agree with others here that caffiene seems to be the biggest culprit.

Debbie Very informative Fri Fit Facts obout the oils. I use primarily olive oil now, but never can remember which one is best to use for the different things like salad, etc. I copied that post to keep handy. Thanks again for chatting with me this evening. oh, debbie....just read your post about your dad!! hope all will be ok. Will keep you all in my thoughts & prayers.

StarChaser, Sorry to hear your sad news about Bogart. I know that you will surely miss him. Hope your foot is doing better. Take care of yourself!

Nancemeister, 107 degrees?? OMG ... it must be hard to breathe in temperatures that high. What will the summer heat do to ya??

GATORGAL, Sounds like you have been a real [busy bee![/b]

BOB, Hope you find your way back from Atlanta ok! Don't take anymore seanic routes, ok??? LOL Wouldn't want to get back from vacation & learn that your wagon got lost!!

[b]SEF]/b] Welcome to the board! I'm one of the LA gals Debbie told you was on this board. Hope to get to know you. Haven't had time to read your BIO yet, but plan to do that as soon as I return from vacation. Will wave when I go thru Slidel on Friday!!! LOL

KAREN, Sorry to hear that your cholesterol was still up, but it's really great that your triglycerides are coming down...one step at a time. I've seen where others have had problems with elevated liver enzymes after taking Zocor. Hope that stays in check, otherwise is the dr talking about stopping it???

QUILTER/Kim, LOL...the dog episode...keep up the great work. Sounds like you had quiet a talk with yourself & it worked!

Well, that's it for me... got to get going...lots to do before bedtime. Hope to check in tomorrow night. Hope you all have a good day tomorrow. See ya!!!
Old 05-28-2001, 08:55 PM   #20  
karen3000

Quilter - did you mean me? I loved your typo 'cause it gave me a good laugh. You should see the ones I make at work where it could get me into trouble Just keep typing away and I promise not to point out any more!

Deb - hope your dad gets better quickly. I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.

Melf - The Phys. Assistant that I see is monitoring it by having me do another blood panel in 3 months. The enzyme range was only 3 points above the average range, so it's not critical. Just have to keep an eye on it.
I was just hoping that all the numbers would have gotten better. I just have to keep working at it!

Karen

Old 05-28-2001, 09:37 PM   #21  

KAREN---I was just teasing and honestly couldn't remember who'd pointed out my "questionable" typos. I think it's hilarious. Keep pointing ou my error, especially the funny ones. I'd far rather know when I make an idiot out of myself than be kept in the dark because folks want to be polite!!!! The really funny thing is that I spent MANY years working in the editorial department of a publishing company and I spent numerous hours trying to find such typos. Now I am free of that and really take my typing accuracy a lot less serious. So, always know that I don't take things like that personally . . . I'd far rather laugh!!!! Hope your next cholesterol reading is better. I'll be thinking of you. Have a good week.
Take care.
Kim
Old 05-28-2001, 10:02 PM   #22  

Just a quickie..

Deb...hope your dad makes out okay. It seems the hospital is the best place for him to be. Strange how these things just happen out of nowhere. I'll pray for him

Melf...yes, my dr. told me to stay away from caffeine, but I NEVER have caffeine. I don't drink Coke, coffee, or tea. I only drink water. I eat a square of chocolate about once a week! He suggested I take vitamin e. I haven't had any pain in a few days.

Kim..thanks for sharing your thoughts on living in the moment and experiencing joy. It can be hard for people to do sometimes. I try to be really appreciative of what I have in life. Yes, I have problems, but there are people who would gladly trade their problems for mine. It's all your perspective.

Rhroo..glad you had a successful shopping trip. I'm a terrible shopper so when I find something I like it's a real thrill!!

Sef (and Deb)...will do my very best to get the sgww pizza crust recipe from Pete and post it. It was soooo good. He sprinkled the crust with seseame seeds and parm. cheese!

Back to school tomorrow. The time is going to fly by! 12 days left. My kids will be wired! So will their teacher

Off to bed.
Good night-
Ashley
Old 05-28-2001, 10:36 PM   #23  
Little Engine That Could

Thanks Fillise, for the link to the SEC lineup. All I can say is, “Go, Gators!” We’ll be up to Auburn for the game there. We usually stay at Calloway Gardens for a couple of days and make a nice trip out of it.

Quilter- I’m still LOVIN’ my iMac. My old mac was a Performa, with not even 1 Gig HD. I had a 56K modem, and to load this board took a while. So many times I would wait and wait and then some of the pages would come up half empty, like they never loaded at all. This has a 200Mgz processor which is fast, but I now also have a cable modem connection which combined with the processor makes almost no waiting. I love the i-tunes application on this machine and have already “burned” a CD for a friend. I can import any tunes I want and just listen as I type. I’m not part of the digital generation, so computers always buffaloed me. But this one seems to be less intimidating, and I don’t mind trying stuff that I’m not sure of. I got the “flower power” model, and it doesn’t have that beige boxy look that we are all so used to.

BOB--have a safe trip back from UGA country. Watch out for the roads. It has been very smokey here, and they have even closed some of the highways because of zero visability. There was a 9 car smash up where there was one fatality. Horrible!

We saw Shrek today at the theater and it was really cute. Very fun to watch and a good spoof on some of the Disney
stuff.

CHRIS--Where are you? Haven't seen you on the board in a day or so.

Have a good evening, y’all.
Old 05-28-2001, 10:53 PM   #24  

Deb - Sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope he'll be better soon.

Kim - I leave for my vacation next Tuesday, 5th June. I'll check out that movie you mentioned - COOKIE'S FORTUNE - when I return. I don't rent movies too often but when I do I like to know what I am going for. I can't stand spending ages browsing around looking at all the movies trying to find something. It's always good to have a recommendation.

Melf - Don't work too hard this week and have a FABULOUS holiday. I look forward to having a chat with you when I return, which won't be until the 20th June.

Nite

Marie.
Old 05-29-2001, 09:25 AM   #25  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default THIS MOUNTAIN AIR IS WONDERFUL!!

MORNING EVERYBUDDY!!!

This will be quick as I don't want to be a "puter" hog...

FILLESE: I'm actually in Travelers Rest...My MOM is visiting her brother in EASLEY....
The weather yesterday was rainy all day long....would've
been better if I knew it was raining on my BROWN AND CRUNCHY grass in the Sunshine state!!
Skeeter is having a blast here...he loves this grass, but can't figure out where all the FIRE ANTS are????
The name of the store is WEST END CONNOISSEUR
621 So Main St in Greenville
www.low-carb.com is the link if you want to sneak a peek.

NANCE: the whole point of my road rage was just that...TOTALLY OUT OF THE WAY....THREE HOURS OUT OF THE WAY.....but I've calmed down, and unless I have extra time, will not go that way again....

LAURIE: If you're ever in Venice, there is a RICHARD'S
which is a whole foods store and also GRANARY (two in
Sarasota) not sure is they are in Venice, but RICHARDS for sure..

Sorry I can't get to every one....when I'm home, I promise to be so chatty you'll wish I was lurking again!!!

welcome SNOOKS and SEF {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
we're glad you're here...Snooks, you can keep us updated on the meat situation over there...Rosemary is coming your way, and we have to know that she will be eating safe food....

DEB: Tell your DAD we're all sending GOOD THOUGHTS his way...My Mom just got over a blood clot event and was on coumadin for six months...He'll do fine if he does what they tell him to do...

KIM: Skeeter has those LABS at bay!!

Off to shop chicks.....
Old 05-29-2001, 09:28 AM   #26  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone!

I got up and did a slow 4.5 miles today. I really wasn't in the mood to go, after getting on the scale once again and seeing the numbers up, it does put a damper on one's spirit-but I got out anyhow, much good I feel it is doing me lately. I know if I'm patient the scale will turn around, but as you all can relate, it's hard at times. Here I was over a week ago, only 1lb from goal and now I'm back up to being 4lbs away-and I'm watching and keeping track of my eating, and I'm doing my exercise, so I don't see why the scale does up instead of down. Okay, enough of my pity party!:rolleyes

Thanks to all of you who wished my Dad well. I'm sure he'll be just fine. His side of the family has the long life, so I don't expect him to go anywhere for a long time. That's the side of the family that my Great Grandfather lived to be 105yrs old, and would you believe, both his children, my Grandfather and his sister, my Great Aunt, both are still alive! My Great Aunt is 94, still drives (though she can't see over the steering wheel and I surely wouldn't want to be anywhere within 2 miles from her on the road). I just hope that long life flows into my veins!!!

It's TUESDAY TIPS and I found this on another website and thought it was worth sharing:

EXCUSES TO WORK OUT

If you dread exercise …

…you don’t have to. If you think of exercise as boring, hard, and something you’d rather just not do, you can make that change.

For just about anything, there’s an excuse or a negative spin you can put on it. All it takes is a shift in attitude, and the change it makes in your life is worth the efforts that initial shift takes.

Change the way you think about it. Instead of looking for excuses to avoid exercise, start looking for excuses TO exercise. I started a list for you. Please add to it. Send me your excuses to work out, and we’ll make a giant list:

Think of exercise as …

…getting out of the house and do something just for yourself

…a connection to new friends and social activity

…an invigorating way to tap your energy for other things in your life

…a chance to learn new skills or new interests which will enhance life

…a new medium for achievement. Accomplishing physical tasks makes the mental tasks easier

…an excuse to participate in fun activities and games as an adult

So start making excuses!

Here are some of your excuses:

From Lorrie:

My excuse to workout??? Easy....Vanity! I like knowing that at 47, I can still be slender, fit, tone and even younger looking. It keeps me moving!

Next...my daughter. She's 10 and I enjoy rollerblading, swimming and dancing with her. It's wonderful knowing you can ALMOST keep up with your kids!

From Michelle:

1- each time I work out, I believe in my increasing strength; for some reason, that feeling of increased capable strength carries over into how I approach tasks and challenges throughout my day.
2- being strong and quick gives me independence and the means by which to jump to someone else's aid.
3- Healthy Sweat is my friend, and I only get to see her when I exercise hard.

From nbunnie: These are some of my excuses to walk every day:

Time to think, reduce stress, time to be with God, Get a suntan,
Sweat out toxins

From MissMD: The Reasons I Walk Are:

1.) It keeps me from eating during that time.
2.) I realize that there is a world outside my house.
3.) I can refresh my spirit about life.
4.) I have more energy for everyday activity.
5.) My dog loves getting out and she keeps me going.

From staying healthy in college: The excuses for my daily exercise:

1.)a breath of fresh air
2.)the sooner I get done, the sooner I can eat
3.)good time to think to yourself

From dragons2fly: I feel powerful and attractive. I feel I can accomplish anything if I can get my exercise in.

From Lisa S.: These are excuses for my workout:

It will give me energy
It will suppress my hunger for hours afterwards
It will increase the amount of endorphins in my body making me happy
It will make me feel less like a couch potato
It will help me lose weight and feel and look great
When I've done it I can forget about it and concentrate on the more important things like getting college work done.

QUILTER, my Mom said my Dad will probably be the worst patient-he hates being confined and having to lie still. They had to put a "family only" sign on his room, so many people in the hospital kept coming by to say hello to him-I told him they were just wondering when he was going to get his butt back to work!!!! BTW, good job on the TM last night!

MELF, I too usually only use extra virgin olive oil, but sometimes regular olive for cooking-baking I may use canola-glad the info was helpful to you.

OVERCOME, let us know when Pete coughs up that recipe for the pizza dough! I tried one recipe, I think it was from the Brennans book-I threw it away, it was awful-could of been me, could of been the recipe, but I don't want to try that one again.

I have the day to myself, but have quite a few things to do. Going to visit my father later this morning and then pick up my 4 year old niece after Noon for a few hours, take her to get something to eat, to the park, to "the surprise store" so she can pick something out, etc. I'll take her to run a few errands before heading home. I have that dinner at 7pm tonight, so won't be around for much of the day.

Please remember, TONIGHT IS THE CHAT AT 9:15PM EST I've provided the link to the SB CHAT ROOM below, just click on it:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/chat/sbchat.html

I hope to get home in time to join you all!

Also, please don't forget (as much as I personally would like to), TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY! I truly hope the scales are kind to us all tomorrow!!!

I'll check in with you all later, if I have time, before I leave for the dinner, otherwise, when I return!

Have a great day!

Debbie
194/133/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 05-29-2001, 09:31 AM   #27  

Deb,

JUst wanted to let you know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I do hope all goes well, and he will be home soon.

Hi, to the rest of you. This is our last week of school, and I am so overwhelmed, and exhausted. Translation I am a real _itch!!! I should have typed those in all caps. Anyway, I am thankful you are all here. It helps...

I am hoping my walking tape that I ordered comes today! That is really what I need... to work off some of this stress. (Not to mention pounds, inches, etc...LOL)

Tomorrow is weigh-in Wed. It will be my first time posting...I have no idea how I did, but we'll see.

Have a great day!!!
Old 05-29-2001, 10:26 AM   #28  
Goddess

Default Good Tuesday Monring!

Good morning everyone! My tip for today works from the motivational meditation from yesterday--live in the moment! There is nothing we can do about the past, and the future is not here yet. The only moment we can experience is the present. Besides, it is the things that we do in the here and now that can make future dreams a reality!

Deb--Sorry to hear about your father. I hope everything goes well for him as he recovers!

Ashley--SGWW pizza--yum. I've got a recipe for a SGWW crust, but haven't tried it yet. Pizza (even SGWW) is a danger food for me--it would be ok if I couldjust have one slice, but I tend to eat the whole thing!

Nance--Thanks for your good wishes! People ask to borrow my book all the time, but I don't let it out of my sight. I need it! I'm tempted to just order a case from Amazon and just hand them out when people ask (and believe me--the weight loss is really starting to show so they ask!).

SEF--OUCH! I hope your hand heals quickly! Cats really do rule the house!

Kim, Thanks for being in the present and experiencing joy.You can see it had a profound impact on me!

Gator--we'll have to get together when you come to Auburn for the game! For once, I'll actually look forwar5d to the Florida people coming to town. :

BOB--enjoy those mountains and the green grass! Thanks for the link for the low carb store. I'm heading through Greenville in the next couple of weeks, so I'll check it out!

I hope everyone has a good day!

Susan
300/245/150
July 10, 2000
Old 05-29-2001, 10:30 AM   #29  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Hi Everyone!
I was surprised to see so many posts!!! Glad everyone is back on th puter!

Rhroo
Congrats on the size 10. That must make you feel great. I try not to take my daughter with me when I shop becuase she helps remind me that I don't pick out "hip" things. Makes me feel like an old fart!

Quilter
Ohio weather sounds awesome. I'm actually working on
convincing my fam to move to Northern Calif. where the weather is normal. We actually had a break in the weather, it "only" got up to 97 yesterday!

Rosalie
SOrry about the frustration you are having. I know that if I get off plan, even a little bit, I gain it RIGHT BACK! It's like there is no room for error. Just try to make today a new day and get through "One Meal at a TIME!"

Debs
Sorry to hear about your Daddy. I hate to here someone going to the hospital, unless it's to have a baby! My brother had an anersym in his lung a couple of years ago and really shook him up. Same symptoms, shortness of breath, etc. Everything worked out fine. I'll say prayers for your Dad!

BOB
Glad you posted because I was just about to send the gnat to buzz your ears! Glad you are having a good time on your vacation. Sounds like you've been doing pretty good staying OP. It's neat that there are actually low-carb stores. I didn't even know they exsisted!

Melf
Yeah...this heat is killing me. I hope we can move to a cooler climate. Biggest issue isn't selling the house, or finding new jobs, it's the kids. My daughter is 11, and my son is 13, so they are attached to their friends, but I can't imagine staying here another 7 years!

Well, time to get ready for work. At least it's only a four day work week. I didn't do to great staying OP this weekend, someone needs to set me straight about the ways of the world! I need to listen to my own advice and get back to "One Meal at a Time!"
Old 05-29-2001, 11:35 AM   #30  

Just thought I would stop in and say hi. I have been reading your posts but mostly posting on other threads.

Things are the same for me I have not lost or really gained any new weight. I am basically still eating the SB way. It is a way of life not a diet. I have decided to maintain over the summer and then kick some butt in the fall!

I am glad to see that you are all doing well and staying for the most part OP

Talk to you later
Closed Thread