Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 08-26-2004, 04:22 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. Just checking in. I have a revision to my menu. I didn't eat the side salad with my hamburger, BUT instead, I had 1/2 of Boogie's cheeseburger along with mine. I'm still very stuffed. I really hope the starches today don't show up on the scale tomorrow. I'm going to try to eat just one bowl of beans and sausage tonight.

Pancho- I hadn't thought about the automatic flushers. That would have been horrible! I had loose 20 dollar bills floating around!

I've been checking into the Kids Wish Network. His cardiologist has to comply with it. You no longer have to be considered terminal to qualify. Now they'll accept life threatening, which is what Boogie's condition is. I've heard of others on my heart lists that have had wishes granted and they say they treat the family well and really want it to be a good experience for the child. Even take a goodie basket for other siblings. I wasn't going to apply at first, because he's doing so well and appears to be so normal. But then I thought, ya know, that kid deserves it! So I'll let you guys know something when I know. It'll be at least next month or so before I hear anything because I have to wait and see his doc first(the middle of next month), and then it takes about 2 weeks after they receive the papers in the mail before we're assigned a worker on the case. Then up to 90 days after that. Well, I gotta run..
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 04:57 PM   #62  

Dentist appointment went well. The dentist is a good friend- he and his wife go to my church. They have the most beautiful baby girl too! His wife was filling in today for their receptionist, so I got to talk to her some.

I went by the AT&Twireless store this morning and got myself a new phone! It was only $20 more than a new battery for my old one! It has a digital camera in it! Woo hoo! Fun Fun Fun! It has not been activated yet, which I am finding irritating. I want to start playing with it, but I can't check out the features until they activate the phone.

I came home and ate a bowl of yogurt with Teensy's strawberry jam in it...yummers! Then I had a sliced tomato and some coffee. Tom is going to a retirement party right after work, then he will be a large and growly bear all evening while he tries to pack up for his camping trip this weekend. I wish I had a car so I could escape, but Laura has mine, and probably won't be home until after trivia tonight.

PANCHO: I did remember to put on the pedometer first thing this morning! I put it on the band of my undies while I had my nightgown on while I was running around this morning. I slept late, and spent an hour in the dentist chair this morning, but I am over 3,000 already so I feel somewhat encouraged. Too bad I am not planning a shopping trip tonight. I might have gotten up to 10k!

I will be back!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:54 PM   #63  
Goddess

Evening all! I am bushed! It has been a long day and I have to start getting my clothes ready for NY on Saturday. I also have work to do. It's 8:45 and I haven't eaten yet. I'm waiting for some wings and a salad to be delivered. I shouldn't be eating this late, but I'm so hungry that Miss Belle is starting to look nervous--LOL! She loves chicken anyway--so it will be a treat for her too.

Has anyone heard from Deb about Eli today?

Dinner will be here soon, so I better sign off for now. Hopefully I will be able to get on tomorrow.

Have a good night everyone,
Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:58 PM   #64  
Little Engine That Could

I had a reply typed earlier this afternoon, but our power went off so I lost everything.
I've walked 11023 steps today--not my goal, but not horrible either. My DH and I went to lift weights this afternoon and so achieved at least one goal.Eating was bad,and I still have not gotten off the sugar wagon.
The tree man finished up late this afternoon. Our back yard looks so bare, with a huge expanse of treeless area. I think we will see what we can find to grow fast to fill up that blank space. So many of our bushes are damaged now, and there are a lot of broken branches in some of our trees that were hit by the big tree that fell. I almost don't want to look at it. I'm feeling like "the h--l wi†h it."

Food today--not good. too much sugar.

Board is slow this week.

BOB--how is Debbie?
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:51 PM   #65  

Final count on steps tonight was 6300...well, ok, it was 6291...but close enough. I am sure by the time I crawl in bed, it will be over! Not so good. It makes me wonder when I got 3000 last night going to two stores, and all day today, I only got twice that, and I was out and about and running almost all day. Will check again tomorrow...

I played with my new phone for the better part of the evening. Lots of fun! Downloaded a game and a couple ring tones. Of course, one of the ring tones was the Muppet show theme...that is a standard on my phone.

We ran to Kroger and got some stuff Tom needed to take camping this weekend. I also got six jars of their natural peanut butter. It was cheap...and is just peanuts and salt. Can't go wrong with that! Its as good as Smuckers and half the price.

Time for me to drift off in the arms of Morpheus... sweet dreams all!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:06 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was the day from H**l and I still wasn't feeling well. I slept better from 3 to 5 this morning than I have slept in 6 months. I actually feel some better today. Before I was tired, but this is such a weak feeling. I feel like I can't lift my arms and legs. Hopefully, it will get better over the weekend.

{{{HUGS}}} to everyone. Too lazy for posts.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:10 AM   #67  
Little Engine That Could

Jackie--You'll get better, gal. Football starts in a week and we all planned for you to feel fine by then. Go! Go! Go! Gimme a J! Gimme an A! Gimme a C! Gimme a K! Gimme an I! Gimme an E! Go Jackie!!!

I slept in late--8 am. and so am now late in my walk, etc. Had a bowl of cereal for BF. Gonna go get dressed and hit the streets. They are cutting trees down the street so will get some interesting views on my walk. They are finished totally with the removal at our place. Now we just have to get the stumps ground and replace our damaged plants.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:41 AM   #68  

Good morning...

Didn't sleep too well last night so I am a little tired today. I went out to water some of the plants and took some power walk up and down the driveway. I really need to get a pedometer, I know that would be fun Nothing much plan for today, just more organizing of the house. Here's what I ate so far :

Breakfast : 1 slice of ww toast, 1 chicken patti and 4 oz of milk.

Snack : Mixed fruits, will eat them after I go offline.

I am still not sure what to eat for lunch although I have cooked some pork chop and sausage in the crockpot last night. They came out okay but somehow I do not have the taste for it today. Instead I felt like having my shrimp, crab and fish casserole, sweet potatoes souffle and mixed salad instead...lol. Yeah, I already had the menu all planned out to go with my casserole...lol. Will see what happens.

HEART : No harm checking into the Kids Wish network. You never know what will happen

MONET : A new phone sounds fun! Now, you can take as much pics as you like

Got to go now. DD says she wants to tickle me...lol. Will catch up later.

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 01:22 PM   #69  

Good morning (afternoon for many of you):

We took Britt to school, and then Lane and I came home. I vacuumed the Great Room, Britt & Lane's Rooms, the office, disinfected their rooms, vacuumed the kitchen and cleaned up all the counters in the kitchen, and need to attack the bathrooms, but hate cleaning those, so I thought I'd take a break and chat with you all instead .

My meno so far today:
BF: Small bowl of legal cereal with soy/rice milk blend & muffin sized quiche (Egg Beaters, onions, red & green bell peppers, spinach, mushrooms, low-fat mozz cheese) w/ salsa.
Snack: Frappuccino Mocha Lite
Snack: 2 legal cookies
Lunch: Will be spinach salad w/ cheese, tomatoes, eggs, bacon bits, red onions & poppy seed dressing
Dinner: Will be chicken with something????

I'm trying to eat Salmon more often, but am sick of preparing it the same way, so I tried a new recipe last night, and it was really good. Here it is:

Spinach Salmon:

2 (5-oz) fresh salmon filets
dash garlic salt
dash pepper
1/2 (10 oz) package of fresh baby spinach, chopped fine
1 to 2 Tbs chopped, dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 to 2 Tbs prepared pesto sauce

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Make slit 2/3 of the way through the center of each filet (careful not to cut through). Season each filet with salt & pepper. In a bowl, combine the chopped fresh spinach, tomatoes & pesto. Stir together and place inside each slit in the filets. Arrange filets on a broler pan coated w/ no-stick spray and cook until done, and spinach is heated through. I didn't use exact measurement, and I filled them full and even let them overflow onto the fish. You could also add nuts to your tomato mixture or top with some fresh cheese, if you want. It was really nice for a change.

Still waiting on my pedometer.....can't wait to get it.

I am probably going to the gym this afternoon after Lane's nap, if I feel up to it. Today is the first day of my cycle, so I'm not feeling too great.

Ken: On most of the sites that I've read up on the SlimSweet, they say it is low-glycemic and safe for most diabetics. They say it is approved by the Diabetes Association and endorsed by the Glycemic Research Institute. I found some on the site that I buy all my supplements from (iherb), and with no shipping and the discount, I was able to buy a pound for $23. Since you don't need as much as you do with sugar (since it is so much sweeter), it will probably last awhile. I also have some of the Whey Low that I bought. It will be nice to have it for my holiday baking. A pedometer is a true eye-opened. Check them out on E-bay or Amazon, you can probably find one pretty cheap. I actually paid $15 (plus $5 shipping) for mine, but it has a lot of bells and whistles. You can get one for $5-10 easy. You should get one and join the club.

Heart: Best of luck with the Kids Wish Network. Boogie's been through a lot in his little life!

Monet: Keep that phone out of naughty places now . Good job getting that pedometer on early. Have you walked around, counting your steps and then looking at it to make sure it is accurate? It also can't keep up with your stride 100% all the time, without changing the frequency. I know that when I am at the gym and walking/jogging on the treadmill that it doesn't record the same as when I am walking my normal stride, but I think I get a ballpark average, and don't have to mess with resetting it all the time. If anything, it is under-recording the steps on the treadmill, so I'm probably actually getting a few more than what it is showing on the display.

Fillise: Have a wonderful time in NY.

Gator: Great job on your steps. You should check into the Bio Gymnema for when you get into one of these sugar ruts. It can help pull you out and get you back on track.

Jack-K: I'll pray that you are feeling better for the weekend.

I'll try to check in later!

Have a great day.

AND, IF I DON'T GET BACK ON.......BE GOOD THIS WEEKEND, AND TRY TO STAY OP!!!

Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:19 PM   #70  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon.

Mama's surgery went well. She was very sore though. We didn't sleep at all at the hospital. I think we got like 2 20 minutes naps yesterday. I went to bed around 2 last night and slept for about 7 hours but I am still dragging today. WIW was 154.

Jack-K...praying your energy level picks and you begin to feel tons better.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:12 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. Just checking in. I'm thru with all my errands for the day. Nothing planned for the weekend. Probably spend the majority of tomorrow cutting grass. I hate it, but it has to be done. I didn't exercise today. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to get a workout in tomorrow sometime. We're planning on going out to eat tonight, don't know where yet, so don't know what supper will be. Here's my menu for the day so far:

BF- around 2 1/2-3 scrambled eggs with 1 slice cheese
Snack(was in town)- RS LC caramel drops and can diet coke
Lunch- was around 3 p.m. so tried to keep it light- 1 slice bread with dijon mustard, 1 slice ham, and 1 slice cheese(ham and cheese sandwich).
Supper- don't know?? If it's Lapinata, then it will be legal chicken fajitas with all the fixings plus refried beans(my usual). If somewhere else, probably meat, veggies, salad, maybe some beans?? Anyway, I'm keeping it legal.

I bought the Carb Countdown Orange juice and plan on trying it in the morning. O.J. used to be my fave drink before SB. I hope it tastes alright. I made sure NOT to buy any triscuits and I bought a box of Carb Freedom fudge bars instead of a half gallon of ice cream. I do better with the individual packaging,lol. I'm behind on my water intake today, trying to play catch up though. I weighed this morning and I'm not for sure if I've lost 1/2 a pound or not. I have a digital, but it kept saying 163 briefly then settling on 162. It's been just 163 the past few days. Time will tell. Hope everyone has a good OP weekend!
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:27 PM   #72  
Little Engine That Could

Pancho--What is Bio gymnema? Ill check out anything that will help me.

So far 6800 steps. Hope to get a bunch more tonight. We are going over to a neighborhood ice cream social tonight.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:29 PM   #73  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Deb was supposed to call me yesterday before she left,and I have to hope that no news is good news...she is supposed to call me from up in IVY LEAGUE LAND....so when or if I find out anything, I'll let y'all know!

I've got to go and fix Kate some supper!

SUSAN...HAVE A GOOD TIME AND BE CAREFUL!!! Will you be home for your birthday?

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:06 PM   #74  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HERE ARE YOU MOVIE PICKS FOR THE WEEKEND:

HIGHWAYMEN

DOGVILLE

LAWS OF ATTRACTION

GIRL NEXT DOOR

I'll let y'all know..

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:17 PM   #75  

I was out watering more plants with dd. A good exercise I think. DD and I used a bucket for some of the plants. Today is not our watering day but some of the plants looked like they were screaming for help...lol. I even pushed dd in her little red car up and down the drive way to get some exercise. Whew!! I feel better already

Here's the rest of my menu today :

Lunch : Crockpot pork chop and andouille sausage, stir-fry fennel with eggplant, onions and yellow bell-pepper. Serve with basmati rice.

Snack: Mized fruit in plain yogurt with a little Agave to sweeten. Some mixed nuts.

Dinner : Leftover lunch.

SUSAN : Here wishing you a safe trip tomorrow

GATOR : Those steps were great and not to mention lifting weight too. I am just terrible in getting my exercise but I am not giving up. I am convincing myself that every bits count...LOL.

PANCHO : The salmon recipe looks yummy and easy. I will try it soon. I did a search on Lo Han Kuo sweetener yesterday and read the same thing you mentioned. Sounds good and safe but would be nice to actually know what the GI is. I agree, you won't need much anyway. Let me know how you like it if you order it. I was at ebay yesterday and did a search for pedometer. My gosh, they are so many, I do not know how to choose. I might just end up buying the Special K with a free pedometer promotion...LOL. Save me form choosing...lol.

COUNTRY : I am so glad your mom surgery went well. Now, here hoping for a speedy recovery. Hope you get more rest today. {{hugs}}

HEART : What, they now have a Carb Countdown orange juice too? Hope it doesn't taste too bad.

BOB : Hoping all is well on Deb's side. Thanks for keeping us updated.

It's time for dinner and tonight is my Stargate Night (Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis)...lol, so I will be busy from 9 to 11am...LOL.

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote