Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 08-22-2004, 11:15 PM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 8/23-8/29

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...342#post655342

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:16 PM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Won't be able to get in any posts til I get back. BUT, here's the
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
for you all to start the week with - Iboth equally good

GET A TASTE

Get a taste of achievement, and you will enthusiastically seek out even more. Powerful motivation for reaching a big, ambitious goal comes from the experience of reaching smaller goals.
When you seek something and never get even the slightest taste of it, that can be terribly discouraging. So get some modest achievements under your belt, and you'll be encouraged as you move toward the more ambitious ones.

There is plenty of work waiting to be done. There are plenty of opportunities for achievements of all sizes.

Pick some way to start and then jump right in. It can be as simple as cleaning off your desk or organizing your bookshelf.

The point is to get yourself busy doing something useful. Make some effort that will make a positive difference, and enjoy how great that feels.

Start small, and get a taste for achievement. You'll develop an appetite for success that can take you far.

-- Ralph Marston

EACH STEP

Don't put off joy until the end of the journey. Live it each step of the way.

Don't settle for just a fraction of fulfillment. You can choose to have it all.

Each step you take is not just a means to an end. Each step has a value and a joy all its own.

When you assume that the task will be tedious, it will be. And your negative attitude makes it that much harder to get the job done.

Instead, find joy and fulfillment in every step you take. Love and appreciate the life you have, and no matter what the task may be, you'll find a way to do it with joy.

Find joy in every step of the journey. And you'll arrive long before you get there.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 08:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Can't believe I'm first to post.

I'm pretty wiped out. Just weak. No time for posts.

Glad to hear Gator is ok.

Will try to check back later.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 08:30 AM   #4  

Morning! Just have a minute right now. I have to leave in a few, and I just woke up! I hope everyone has a great week! Drink your water! Stay on program! You know you want to, so just DO it! Do it for YOU.

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:07 AM   #5  
Goddess

Morning all!

So glad to hear that Gator is ok!

Gail--I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you clean up. It sounds like y'all were hit pretty badly and I'm so sad about your yard and all the trees. At least the house is OK and neither you or your family were hurt. For that I am very grateful. Everything else can be fixed; you, we CANNOT replace!

Monet--Have a great day!

Jackie--Hope you are feeling better soon. I also hope it helps to know that as you get better this time that you won't have to undergoing treatments again! I'm thinking about you.

Got a busy day ahead of me--got a mountain of work to do, laundry to wash, and bills to pay so I can leave for NYC on Saturday! Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:53 AM   #6  
Little Engine That Could

Hi everybuddy,
Last night when I was online at my DH's office, I sent an e-mail to the cable/Roadrunner company about our downed cable lines. By the time we got home they were fixed!! So I'm up and running again.

You would not believe the damage we have here. Our yard looks like a war-zone. As I mentioned in my post last night, I've been depressed for a week. Really depressed! We had such a beautiful yard and everyone who came into it remarked on how lovely it was. An oasis of calm and shade in an urban area. Huge shade trees framed our round brick patio, along one side of which was a fish pool with a couple of splashing waterfalls. Lovely! But now, with all the shade trees down in our back yard, it's like a parking lot out there. Just hot sun, sun, sun. All my shade loving plants will die. One of the waterfalls is crushed by a big tree that smashed it, and the brick patio also is damaged. A huge tree, with a trunk about the diameter of a car, rests over the pond. Our front yard was also "de-treed". And in our neighborhood, huge piles of branches and logs line the streets, almost 5-6 feet high. It reminds me of up north in the big cities after a big snowstorm, when the snowplows leave "levees" of snow along the sides of the streets. Those snow banks sometimes get so high you can't see over them. Same here, but it's storm debris rather than snow.

Our house was undamaged, praise the Lord. All the trees fell westward, and our house is north and south of the trees. We went 6 days w/o electricity, and 9 w/o cable. I'd gladly take another 2 weeks of no electricity if I could have the trees back. But, of course, I can't. During all this time I have been horrible. I was so depressed that I did not want to walk at all. I just vegged in the house or on the back porch. Our neighbor next door did not lose electricity, so we ran an extension cord from his house to our refrigerator. We also connected one light and our little TV to the same cord. We have about 1/2 of the mess in our front yard removed and some of the back. We still are waiting on a tree man to remove the big tree over the pond, which will be very tricky. Where the pond and tree is located is in a rather unaccessable area for a crane to lift the tree, which would be the most desirable way for removal. We got one bid for $3100 to remove just that one tree, but I think we may be able to find a lower bid. Insurance does not cover this loss.

Anyway, now that you've heard my tale of woe, I'll try to get back on track. I did walk 2 miles this morning. It took me 40 minutes. I'll try to walk later also, and I plan to go to lift weights also. Don't know what I'll have to eat today. I'm still way off track with my eating.

Tomorrow is my 41st wedding anniversary, so I may not be having a perfect SB dinner tomorrow. My DH wants to go to a French restaurant. They have great food there, one of the best dishes being a small warm chocolate "lava" cake with a molten, runny center. Served with a scoop of vanilla IC.

My BIL is now home from the Duke hospital and is taking chemo in his home town. He will be travelling back to Duke for consultations. He is doing fair to middling, with one bout of low BP which dropped to 60/30. Much lower would be dead, I would think. I'm afraid that this will be a life consuming experience for my sister and my BIL. Jackie, you know how much this disease can change your life!

Well, I have lots of chores to do and need to go to the store. Still need to get a shower and get dressed in presentable clothes. Bye.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:18 PM   #7  

Good afternoon,

I was supposed to get some replies in yesterday night but couldn't since dh was off and still is today Gator, I am so glad you and your family are well despite the mess that the hurricane caused. Just focus on the positive right now which is that your family are all alive and well. It could be worst. You will regain your strength slowly each day and your yard as well

I won't be able to do any replies until later or even tomorrow but have read all the posts. So far, my breakfast today was 1 slice of ww toast, 1 fried egg topped with shredded cheese, 2 pork sausage patti and 1/2 cup of milk. Not sure what's for lunch yet but will figure it out as I go. We have some errands to run today but love it since they are with dh and dd, another way of spending time together

I will catch up with you all later. Good day!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:31 PM   #8  

Good Morning:

It is so quiet here this morning, with Britt in school; I miss her already. It was tough leaving her today, knowing I wouldn't be seeing her for 7 hours. The drive was a pain in the neck; the traffic was really bad. We will have to leave a bit earlier tomorrow.

Our weekend was nice and relaxing, and it was actually cold at night and beautiful during the day. We had a fire in the fireplace at night, and took lots of nature walks, went fishing, Britt rode a horse (with someone holding the reigns), played on the little playground, went to the petting zoo, went to the steakhouse, and roasted marshmallows. It was a nice break away from the everyday hussle & bustle. Today, back to reality.

I got up at 5:30 to pack Britt's & DH's lunches and get dressed myself. I woke Britt up at 6:30 to get out of here by 7:15.

My steps:
Friday: 12,107 (no workout)
Sat: 9,635 (lazy day...no workout)
Sun: I forgot to put it on
Today: So far = 2,675, but I plan to work out this afternoon, if Lane gets her nap.

My eating has been pretty good, with a few exceptions over the weekend. I was at 119#'s this morning.

Monet: Thanks for the resume; I printed it out for my Dh to read . Thanks for the info. on the Penzey's site; I wrote it down to check out later. You may want to check out a product called HearAll for the ringing in your ears; it is an all-natural product and apparently works wonders. I can get the name of the manufacturer and a website if you want to read up on it. Congrats on the loss! That is fantastic! Good luck today with the ultrasound and biopsy!

Ken: I heard one of the top reasons for divorce was snoring....hmmm! My DH doesn't snore that often, but when he does...I just nudge him or pat him hard to get him to roll over to a different position. Destin is so beautiful; we were there when we went to FL in July. I do have to say that I saw more Speedos than I have in my lifetime. The thongs seem to have lost their popularity, but if you are a people watcher, that's a great place to be . My gosh, is it just girls that talk your ears off or what? I have two girls that talk non-stop. If one isn't talking (which is rare), the other one is. I really don't think boys have as much to say. The boys Britt's age seem so quiet.

BOB: That's exactly where my mole was...on my left shoulder blade. That is why I skipped my workout on Friday; I was due to work upper body, but didn't want to rip the stitches anymore.

heart: I hope you feel better today, and whatever was bothering you has gone away. I do have the Slim in 6 series, and have been satisfied so far. I am not doing it as they recommend though. I only do it a few times a week to supplement. I think if I followed the plan 100%, I'd be really satisfied. I love working with the resistance band. If you did not order one with your order, you may want to call them back, they sometimes include it for free. It is a great workout. I can already see some definition in my back and shoulders that I was having a hard time seeing working out at the gym. They do a great floor workout for your legs and abs, and also have some additonal workouts on there for your abs. You should also check out the boards; they have so many helpful people on there. They have fitness experts and nutritionists on there to answer all your questions. They also have live chats with Debbie Siebers and some of the other fitness advisors, along with some awesome success stories. Make sure you sign up for their newsletter too.

Teensy: Are you being good?

Rosalie: Congrats on the new low.

Fillise: Sex with an Alligator? Things that make you go hmmmmmm. I'm sure you will have a fantastic time in NY.

Donna: Wow, 7 #'s on vacation. Congrats & Welcome back!

Gator; So glad to see your posts; we've all been wondering about you. So sorry to hear about the devastation the hurricane caused, but am so glad that you are o.k. I can't even imagine 6 days without power. Glad all is up and running for you now.

Jack-K: Hang in there, Sweetie!

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:44 PM   #9  
Goddess

Just a quick word to Gator. . .

After what you've been through enjoy your anniversary dinner! And by all means have the lava cake! If there is one time to enjoy a treat you would normally skip--this is it!

Happy Anniversary!
Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 03:25 PM   #10  

Afternoon! Got finished with my morning doctor appointment, and had an interview with the scheduler. They can't set a date until I see the other surgeon who will fix the hernia I have at the same time. Oh joy! I see him for a consultation on Wednesday afternoon. The first open date the GYN has for the surgery is October 4, but that might change if the biopsy comes back as bad...then they will work me in earlier. October 4 is ok with me...it allows me the chance to go to the women's retreat the weekend of Sept. 19! The good news is that there was no problems with the ovaries, so they can stay in! Hooray! I did not want to deal with taking hormones and regulating them after the surgery. My sister took them, and they told her that is what caused her breast cancer. I don't even want to chance it if I can help it.

I feel kind of crampy, and tired, but that is to be expected, I guess. Eating has been so so. I had a oat bran muffin before I left, then a bag of smart balance popcorn and some yogurt when I got back. Then my son came home for lunch and made me a bacon, tomato and avocado sandwich, which was really yummy, by the way. I drank a pot of coffee, and now I am falling asleep! Go figure!

GATOR: Happy Anniversary! Mine is in two weeks, and it will be 28 years for us. Enjoy your dinner. When the tornado went through here, it knocked down five or six huge oak trees in a park they were developing about a mile from here. My hubby is a tree lover, and he went over to check on them a few weeks after the storm. The girls said he sat down on the fall trunks and cried. We love big old trees, so I feel so sad for you. I know it hurts to lose a thing of such beauty. <<hugs>>

FILLISE: You are such a busy woman! I can't wait until after the elections, so you can come hang out with me. I have this feeling it won't be a possibility until after November! If I have surgery in early October, I will be out of commission for at least six weeks after that. I am hoping I can talk the surgeon into removing some excess skin and fat in there when he fixes the hernia...wish me luck!

PANCHO: I read your comment to Keng, and no, its not just girls who talk a lot. My son was awful! He started talking in sentences before he was a year, and by 18 months he talked about Imperial stormtroopers clear as a bell. And he NEVER shut up! I read once the definition of eternity was a six year old telling you the plot of a neat movie. We snickered...and changed it to James telling you the plot of a neat movie. He is 25, and still talks your arm and leg off! Ruth was not very talkative, but was *H* on wheels about getting into trouble. Laura was sweet and cuddly, and to this day you have to about hold her down and demand answers to questions if you want to get anything out of her. She never talked! Still doesn't! I would like the info on Hearall. This ringing stuff is so irritating. I think it may be Meniere's disease, but I can't seem to get the doctor to take it seriously yet. My mom had tinnitus, so it may be that. Whatever, I hope there is something that will help, cause I want to beat my head against the wall when its bad!

JACK: I sure hope you are feeling better. Get plenty of rest...eat lots of good legal stuff and plenty of protein to build your strength back up! <<hugs>>

KENG: Enjoy your family time! If you are ever coming up to the Buford Hwy farmer's market, let me know! I would love to meet you there, even if its just to walk around and shop and chat...

Ok, I am going to go take a nap. I feel so lazy!

Last edited by Ellen; 08-23-2004 at 03:28 PM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:16 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon

Mama is having her surgery Wed. so I may not post as much this week. I'm going to see her tomorrow and Thursday. This is her second hernia operation. They say it's common after her type of heart surgery. The muscles are very much weakened.

Monet...praying everything goes smoothly and you are up and running in no time after your procedures. Also that you can make your retreat.

Gator...I am so sorry for the things you lost. Unbelieveable how much it cost to have a tree removed. Is it because you are in Florida or the size of the tree? Praying that you have a wonderful anniversary and the pain of this storm passes quickly so you can be more your old self again. ((Gator))

Jakc-K .....(((hugzzz))) praying for you too. I'm sorry you are having a bad day.

Poncho....I bet your daughter will have all kinds of neat stories to share with you this afternoon.

Julia...hey! ((hugzz))

Deb..if you peek in. Thinking about you. ((hugzz))

Howdy Susan, praying for a safe and wonderful trip.

Missy...hey woman! How are you doing this week?

Heart...hope you had a super weekend. I read you were staying OP..WTG

Sef...sending hugs your way too! How is your shoulder?

Bob...thought I forgot ya didn't ya..no way Jose... ((hugzz))

DonnaD...wtg on losing 7 pounds on vacation..that is super.

Toni....Big hugs to you too. How are you today?

Love and hugs to everybody gotta run.

Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hello. Just got thru doing the Taebo video. Still having problems getting coordinated with a couple of the moves. This morning I took Boogie to the doc, she agreed that he needs speech therapy. So they're suppossed to call me back with an appt. Then I went to Applebee's. Dissapointed that no one showed other than Cynthia(the instructor). But she said not many people showed up for class anyway because it's been raining all day(and is still raining). She let me know the latest "saga." One of the ladies said she might quit because of me bringing the kids. Kid's shouldn't be there with it being an adult exercise class,etc..blah, blah. I told her that it was up to her to decide what she wanted to do. I told her that my kids behave exceptionally well(she agreed) and that I couldn't arrange for someone to watch them. So she said for me to keep coming and see if she says it again. I know she's in a predictament where she doesn't have enough clientel(sp?) built to let one go. That's partly why she can't pay me. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I enjoy the classes regardless of some of the people there who I might end up telling them to kiss where the sun doesn't shine! I'm pretty easy going, but if they say something else about my kids then I'm going to let it fly! I've always been told by others that my kids are well behaved. So that is a little ironic, you ask me, they just don't want anything to upset their routine, and don't like someone young coming in(I'm the youngest there). Anyway...I was a little puffy this AM, but now I'm REALLY puffy. My face is swelling and hands. Guess all the salt and crap from yesterday. Doesn't help that I ate a mound of cheese on my salad for lunch. \

Menu for today..not the best...I'm making Poppy Seed Chicken tonight. It's not totally legal. I can't find any "true" wheat cracker(besides Triscuits and that won't work).

BF- LC yogurt and apple
Lunch- blackened chicken salad at Applebee's with Ranch dressing(too much salt/cheese) diet coke
Supper- Poppy seed chicken(chicken, cream of mushroom, butter, wheat Ritz crackers, too much fat!), fresh squash, and fresh green beans. The rest of the family will have rice with their chicken.

Gator- Have you tried calling loggers or people with pulp wood trucks, etc? Sometimes people will come and remove the trees for free to have the wood for money. Just an idea, we did it before but it was only 1 tree.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:17 PM   #13  
Little Engine That Could

Heart, Trying to sell a tree now would be like trying to sell ice to an eskimo. There are thousands of trees down all over Orlando and some companies are making tons of money removing them. The logging companies can get all the free logs they want out on the street, where huge piles of logs as big as cars are piled up. Thanks for the thought, though. It's a pretty good idea if it weren't for the storm that made tree removal a lucrative business. We have a regular tree man who I think will remove the big one in back for a decent price. If I can, I will send some pix to Country and maybe she can reduce the pixel count so they can be posted. I don't know how to get the numbers low enough to post them on the board. They are astounding to see!
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:20 PM   #14  

My week end turned awful yesterday with the news my BIL had passed away durning the night. I feel so bad for my DS, shes so lost. They think he must have had a heart attack. Of course I stress ate yeasterday. I did Kentucky Fried Chicken proud!!! Today I'm back on track.... Glad to see Gator is back and safe. So sorry for all the damage. Jack-K I hope you feel better soon. Need to run. We're having a storm...
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 07:28 PM   #15  

Hello ladies.....

It has been raining for the last two days.....God is good! We have been so dry for the last couple of years. The wild fires have been getting out of control, but this will sure help.

Looks like we are going to go down and pick some more blackberries tomorrow. It has cooled off, and dh has agreed to take me down. I baked another pie this morning to use upl the last of what we had and stuck it in the freezer. It will make a nice treat when my son gets here. He is supposed to get back in to Seattle anytime now. We will take the trip over (356 miles) and pick him up. He has a bunch of salmon that he is bringing home. Some fillets, some whole, and some that is smoked. Speaking of smoked fish......the trout that we caught at the lake last Monday, dh smoked. It is awesome!! He used a brine of soy sauce and NSA orange juice. This is really good.

Eating has been good since Saturday. Haven't eaten anything off plan. Here is my menu for today--

B-- Lender's WW bagel with 1 oz 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese and 1 oz SF huckleberry jam. Lite 85 yogurt and 1 mug decafe.

L-- 3.7 oz grilled salmon, 5.2 oz cucumber, 3.3 oz tomatoes. 2 SF Caramel Nip's.

Snack-- Peach

Dinner will be Chicken roasted on the Showtime with zucchini and tomatoes.Dessert 1 small piece of SF WW blackberry pie.

Kind of light on the fruit, but I think if I eat the slice of pie, that makes up for it. I am trying not to over do. So far I have only had one slice of this pie. But, dh is making light work of it. I made sure I didn't eat any starchy carbs for lunch or snacks so that I could have this.

Here are some replies....

Jackie-- Praying for you girl. I am so sorry that you have to feel this way. It just isn't fair. Try to get through it as best you can.......((((HUGS)))) It should only get better from here on out.

Fillise-- Sounds like you will be a busy bee before your trip! I LOVE shopping for shoes!!

Gator-- I am so sorry that your beautiful yard is gone.....but thank God you and your family are okay. I know it must be such a bummer to think about, but it can be fixed. ((((HUGS)))) And you and your dh enjoy your dinner out and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Pancho-- (((Laughing))), believe it or not I have been OP since Saturday!! I really am going to do it this time. I guess this is why I didn't cheat for so long......I know me, and knew it would be hard to get myself straightened out!! Now I have done what I didn't want to do and it is time to walk the straight and narrow again!! I am so glad that you enjoyed your trip. I bet the house is pretty lonesome huh?? At least you still have Lane at home.

Donna-- Congrats on the loss......7 pounds is great!!

Monet-- I don't blame you for not wanting to take the hormones.....I have had a blood clot....so that will never be an option for me. (Wouldn't want them anyway!) Breast cancer seems to run in the women on my Dad's side of the family as it is. What kind of recovery will this be with both surgeries?? Hope you enjoy that retreat!!

Heart-- Sorry girl, but there is no way that I have been eating better than you lately!! I know that trail mix (the kind with raisins and M&M's) is not legal, nor any of the rich desserts that I pigged out on at the Golden Corral Buffet last week. You should have seen me.....once I had the first taste of dh's Red Velvet cake.....I was like a woman possesed!! Had to try the Carrot cake, and then the Cherry Tarts, and all of this was on top of the legal SF pudding I had already ate!! You know Laurie, I still think those women are jealous of you. You are not only younger, but you have done such an incredible job with your weight loss. Jealousy is an ugly emotion, and can cause people to be very mean and petty. They are only picking on your kids now because it is their last hope.......stick to your guns. You have just as much right to be there as they do. And if your children are well behaved and not causing any problems, then maybe the instructor doesn't really need that kind of clients. JMHO of course.

Toni-- I am so very sorry for your Sister's loss. And of course the families. Just be there for her and do what you can......Praying for you all.

Well, that's all for now.....see you tomorrow sometime.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote