Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 07-16-2004, 06:54 PM   #91  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Talking Quickie!!

Just popping in to say HI!! I'm still chugging away OP, but have hit a plateau and am only down a pound in the last 3 weeks!! I need to cut the starches and up the water, I know it, it's just doing it that takes the work!!

MONET - I was gonna tell you... I found out that Wal-Mart's generic brand of Cheerios has wheat starch instead of corn starch... does that make them a tad more legal than the name brand ones? They're pretty tasty, different tasting than regular ones, but pretty good all the same.

Hope everyone is doing wonderfully. My computer is still broken, so I can't check in as often as I want... hopefully we can change that soon!!!

BOB - I see you've been causing trouble while I've been gone..LOLOLOL You're my role model..LOL

Y'all be good... see ya soon!!
Beth2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 07:08 PM   #92  

Evening! I spent about 30 minutes picking stuff in the garden. I did not even get to the green beans! I must have gotten two dozen cukes, and a handful of squash as well as a few dozen cherry tomatoes. There are actually a couple big tomatoes looking a bit pink! Hooray! I just need to think what to do with all the cukes! I am giving some away, but I still have an over abundance!

I had to make casseroles for the ministry that my church supports. They have mission teams coming in each week this summer to help do vacation Bible school and stuff. I made casseroles for their Sunday dinner. I am so thankful this is the last week I have to make them!

TEENSY: You can send me a goodie bag of all those wonderful sounding jams! Especially the raspberry!!!!

BUNNA: You raise some very good points. I am sorry if we appear cliquish. We really aren't. We are always ready and willing to embrace new members. I don't agree with BOB politically, but I usually just ignore her politically oriented stuff, and try and focus on what she and I agree on...and our common interest in Sugarbusters. I think her irritation was more that whoever reported her avatar did not address her directly, instead of going to Suzanne. I hope you will stick around and get to know us. We try and support each other, even if we do not agree. For instance, Fillise and Bob are pretty good friends, even though Fillise is a political campaign consultant, and is going to the Republican convention, and Bob is a democrat through and through. I think we all need to agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

JACK: Rest! You will feel so much better if you get enough rest.

TONI: I wish I could ship you some squash! I have more than we can eat! Right now, I have a huge pot cooling on the stove of boiled squash to make casseroles to put in the freezer! I just don't know what else to do with it all! :O

Gotta go! I will be back later!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 07:27 PM   #93  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

BUNNA....sorry that you think we're a click....but we aren't..we're friends and we all love each other and support each other. If you don't like the way we do our board, then don't let the door hit you on the way out!

JACKIE....movie listings are as follows:

SHELTER ISLAND
SCENES OF THE CRIME
PERFECT SCORE
MAGDALENE SISTERS
MAGGIE & ANNIE
SHADE

As usual...I'll let y'all know the results....

I do want to watch 48hrs tonight...Carol Alt is going to be on there talking about her "raw diet" One of my friends Doc wants her to follow this...
Evidently, it's not all raw, but cooked at under 200-250 degrees which doesn't allow the nutrients to go poof!

I'll get back to y'all a little later for responses....

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:31 PM.
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 07:31 PM   #94  

HI BETH & MONET.....we were posting at the same time....I may be Beth's idol, but MONET IS MY HERO!!!! Well Said!

Gotta go...

BOB
Old 07-16-2004, 07:35 PM   #95  

OH...and BUNNA....I'm not a man....thus "THE BIG ORANGE BABE"..but that's ok...it's been mistaken before.

PANCHO...Don't you know that I fell asleep during the program and missed DANA!!! She'll be back on again...they were promoting her 500 Low Carb Recipe
Cookbook...if you haven't seen it? LOOK...its' a keeper...I also have her 15 minute Low Carb Recipe book as well as her BBQ book....she's great and really knows what she's doing.

BOB
Old 07-16-2004, 07:57 PM   #96  

MY FRIDAY FUNNY

The Guys' Rules

At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down.. Finally, the guys' side of the story.
(I must admit, it's pretty good.)

We always hear "the rules"
from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules!
Please note... these are all numbered "1"
ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work!
Just say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are.
Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine...Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round is a shape.

1. Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; but did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.

BOB
Old 07-16-2004, 09:05 PM   #97  
Little Engine That Could

Well, We just finished dinner. I was really draggin' and then my DH came home early, so didn't get a nap or anything. We walked down the street to check out the new house going up. They still haven't put the doors on, so we took a full tour of the house, which is finished on the outside and framed in on the inside. My DH suggested just continuing the walk, and I ended up getting 15406 steps for the day. My pedometer says 6.55 miles, but it probably is more like 5.5 or 6 miles because my pace length is not exactly the same as the pedometer. It's about 2" off, but is as close as I can set it.

Dinner: baked chicken with sliced potatoes (horrors!), onions and garlic. Left-over ratatouille and left-over brussels sprouts with roasted onion. I ended up getting in close to 90 oz. of water today. Yea me!

Bunna, Monet is right in describing our board. As you can probably tell from BOB's (Big Orange Babe's) post, she is somewhat of a character. She definitely is not a sweet dainty thing, as you may have guessed, but she brings her own uniqueness to the board and we all appreciate her for who she is, just as we appreciate each of the others for their special traits as well. When someone "gets out of line" we usually just ignore it, give a little grace, and move on. The difficulty in posting on a message board is that there is no PERSONAL interaction. That is, I am unable to see anyone's facial expression or hear their tone of voice. So something that might seem "over the edge" in print might be totally innocuous if I could hear the voice or see the face of the "speaker." I hope you will consider being a part of this board. We are a supportive group, accepting of each other, and really are not clique-ish. We're just tolerant, that's all. BTW, I definitely am of a different political "persuasion" from BOB, and have challenged her to a debate on a debate board somewhere when her politicking was starting to get a bit too feisty (you can see she is feisty), but actually she is one of my favorites here. "To know her is to love her", as they say, and I got to know her when she visited Orlando a couple of years ago. In the fall she and I harrangue each other about football, the UT "volentiers" being backwoods hicks and the mighty Gators being fine gentlemen that continually beat the pants off the volentiers. Ooh, I'm sooo baaad!

BOB--Enjoyed the guys rules. I've never seen that before. So true, actually. How'd you like my funny about the Zooker. My DH and I were reviewing his 2 year record, and he really stinks at home. If he doesn't improve, he may be gone after this year. The Gators could possibly go 7 and 4 this year.

Monet--I'm really impressed with the plans your group has to establish the art center. Sounds fabulous.

SEF--Take it easy this weekend. You have such a busy life and I hope I can be like you when I am your age, which is not very far off.

Teensy--I am so envious. We just can't grow many of those things here in FL. Too hot and humid for raspberries. We can grow strawberries, though. You make it sound so easy to do all that canning and I know it is work. If I ever get a good batch of peaches at a good price I cook them with green apples and add some raisins for a fruit conserve. It is so good. Tender and chunky. But it is work cutting all the fruit up and peeling the peaches, even if I do it with boiling water. My canner no longer works on the new stove I have because the bottom does not sit flat against the burner. I have one of those flat topped stoves.

Hope everyone has a great evening. I will be doing lots of yard work tomorrow, so don't know when I will get on the board.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:43 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys..gotta be quick. Hubby needs the phone. Anyway, somehow the scales were down again to 164. I must have been retaining more fluid than I thought. I've been pretty good today, too. I was so tempted at the grocery store with all the "bad" stuff being on sale. But I grabbed a RS low carb bar instead. I had 2 egg ham n' cheese omelette for bf this AM and a cup of milk. Had the bar for snack while in town. Came home and ate a chef salad and a heaping tablespoon of PB.

Okay, I wrote the previous paragraph earlier today and didn't have time to post it or finish my post..so here goes.
I still have stayed legal today, but haven't done that great. We went out for Mexican food tonight. I stayed legal and ordered the fajitas , but ate all the fatty toppings(cheese, sour cream, guacomole) and then I wanted something sweet and I ate my second low carb chocolate bar for the day(legal, but fattening). I haven't drank my usual amount of water, either. But all in all, it was an "okay" SBering day. At least I didn't stray. I feel very confident that this will be the weekend that I don't stray and I'll stay on plan this time. After eating, we went to Hudson's where I found Ashley a pair of cute sandals/flip flops for a buck and then found me a pair of l.e.i. black sandals for $6. So then Boogie got a Hulk toy for $4,lol. Then we went over to Big Lots and I found my bread(Nature's Own wheat n' fiber) for 99 cents a loaf. I bought four loaves that I plan to freeze. Got Ashley some Mudd socks for school for a buck a pair, too. Anyway, I don't have anything on the agenda for tomorrow. I need to exercise tomorrow since I skipped it today. Alright, that's it for me tonight...nite.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:48 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Oh yea, Beth- you're still doing great. At least you're OP and you are losing(opposed to gaining), even if it is a stall. I'm sure that if you get a little stricter with your starches and water intake, that you'll see that plateau break.

Country- thanks for asking about Boogie. He's doing just fine. Typical 4 year old boy. And I do mean he's ALL boy. We're in the restaurant earlier and he passed gas and started waving his hand at his butt, then he says "Shoo wee, me pooted, me got gas." I could have died!
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:07 PM   #100  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Lol

That is too funny Laurie. And so cool that he is getting so big. I didn't realize he was 4 already. Time has really flown.

Love,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:54 AM   #101  

Good Morning! I did not get the chance to get on here yesterday evening. I went to Lowe's with Tom to get the rest of the wood for the deck. We got everything but the balusters, so that will be another $50 he will have to spend. It sure has been expensive! I think he has spent almost $500 so far!

I spent some time before bed last night reading. I often re-read favorite novels. Today, we may have some company for the deck building, so I need to go clean the kitchen up and think about something to feed the guys who show up. You know, I think I am getting sick of cooking! I have not had a break in weeks! Its about time for my dear darling husband to take me OUT for dinner!

GATOR: What kind of pedometer do you have? I am thinking about getting one. Any advice? Now don't get started on the football stuff yet. You will drive me crazy!

BETH: I didn't think Cheerios had cornstarch in them. Seems the ingredients are just oats. I am going to have to check the box to see now. You can get them made from oat bran at the health food store too. I am sure that is more legal as long as they don't add sugar or something. I try not to eat them very often, because then I want more and more starches. They are high on the Glycemic Index, I do know that.
I am glad you are sticking to program. Hope you can check in more often! We miss you!

HEART: I had a good snicker over Boogie's behavior. Little boys can be so much fun, but so embarrassing! My son was very compliant and quiet at that age. Now he is outrageous! He is 25, and I know he does a lot of what he does to shock me. He is SO funny, I think he ought to try and be a stand up comic. I hope you make it through the weekend OP. You can do it!

BOB: You rascal you.... Have you seen TORTILLA SOUP? How about EAT,DRINK,MAN, WOMAN? There was a French film I watched with Tom once that I thought was hilarious. It was called THE VISITORS. If you can find any of those, watch them. If you have already seen them, let me know how you liked them!

I hope I can check in later...

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 12:02 PM   #102  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

Today I am not as tired as I thought I would be. I was pooped when I got home!

Rivertown was nice but seemed like we rushed through a couple of thngs to make the restaurant on time. Then the driver of the car I was in wanted to leave early as he was worried about traffic, so we only had about a half hour/45 minutes after lunch. The people in the other car stayed on. When we left they were headed for the Sweet Shoppe, so maybe it was a good thing I had to leave!

We flew through the Space Station exhibit (this part of LA is big on space as we have several space industries in the area), then to a small planetarium and it's show, back to go through a space modular model, on to the Mardi Gras museum, the Saints museum (you know how interested I was in that!), then to the restaurant and to the Toy Train museum.

The restaurant was Italian. I had a salad, eggplant parm (not breaded) and the smallest dab of spaghetti I've ever seen! No dessert. So I didn't do bad.

JACKK: Glad you are feeling better. If you had seen me doing my "bug" dance you would have known I was crazy! Seems like more than one of us have a lazy weekend planned!

PANCHO: Now if it was a spider I would have probably passed out, I am deathly afraid of them. I have had to get braver about them since DH passed away, as there was no one to get rid of them for me, but I still am almost immobilized by one. I think labeling and all the ads are so misleading. Did you read my peanut butter post? I have been using natural peanut butter (usually Smucker's, altho sometimes I get a store brand when one of the stores has it), anyway, Carb Options has a PB made by Skippy. Good brand, think I'll try it, then I read the label! The only thing I recognized in the 12 or so igedients was peanuts and salt. I didn't think I needed all the additives.

GATOR: I don't believe in the "no pain, no gain" theory. If you ache after exercise, you probably did too much. In PT they keep telling me to work to the pain not through the pain. Hope your aches are better.

FILLISE: A lazy weekend sounds good to me! So does a peach cobbler!

TEENSY: Glad I gave you a giggle! In retrospect, I thought it was silly because I'm not really afraid of bugs, just don't like them give me a feel-up under my gown! My DH always referred to the garage shelves and our freezers as our "store" with the best products in town.

BUNNA: I'm sorry you feel that we are cliquish. As a long time member here, I have seen opinions batted back and forth. We do not always agree with one another. Just agree to disagree. I didn't agree with the avatar (of course I'm not fond of either party at the moment), but hey, live and let live. Never gave it a thought that a rule was being broken, probably Gator didn't either, but she abided by the rule when it was brought to her attention. So to me that's what counts. Please don't let your difference of opinion color your attitude toward the board. You were able to state your opinion and no one chastised you for it.....and they shouldn't. So I think it's great that you are losing weight, I really feel it's the ingredients in food that often affect our moods and weight. Since being here and on SB, I feel so much better and that's what counts to me.

COUNTRY: At first I thought "good memory, bug in someone's shorts?". Then I thought yeah it is. I remember some silly things that happened that I treasure. I will say, at the time, you don't think of it as exercise!

TONI: One of the joys of wide spot in the road living, shopping excursions to the big city. We would look forward to those trips, as a kid I thought of them as a real treat.

BETH: Interesting about the wheat starch. In my day we referred to all flour products as starches. So using that theory seems that wheat starch would be okay. Hope you will be able to be on regularly soon. Hate plateaus, I think it's a chance for our bodies to retune themselves to our new us.

MONET: Have you ever cooked cukes? Somewhere I have a recipe. Can't vouch for how they taste! You mean you have finally reached the cooking braking point? We'll have to talk to Tom.

BOB: Thanx for FF. I've seen it before but can use it again as I have quite a few new people in my groups. Sometimes I forget punch lines so always need reminders.

GATOR: Well said! I wish I was as diplomatic as you were. And all of it the truth! You probably could use sweet potato in your chicken dish. Have you tried the sweet potato salad? I think about at times like this but when I'm trying to think of something to make for a meal it's out of my thoughts.

HEART: Good on the loss. I sometimes go overboard on the legal things, saying they are legal, not stopping to think that too much of a good thing isn't good! Does that sentence make sense? Maybe you could have died over Boogie's faux paux but I bet ant onlookers got a kick out of it.

Gee seven pages so far. We are gaining our old zip. Will try to check in later. You know something? I think I am a little tired. Between reading posts I have been doing a couple of other things (who says I can't multitask?) and I need a rest.

May good things happen
Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 02:22 PM   #103  

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!

MONET....GET READY GIRLFRIEND.....because SUSAN'S RIGHT...ONLY SEVEN MORE WEEKS UNTIL I HEAR "IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE". I'll be up to pick from the garden...would love to have some of those cukes! I've seen the Tortilla Soup movie...it was great...haven't seen the others though.

GATOR....Hmmmmmmmmm 7 and 4???? And would one of those 4 be THE VOLUNTEERS????? In all honesty, I have NO IDEA what this season will bring...we lost a lot of good players from graduation....the one that makes EVERYONE happy though....CASEY IS GONE!!!

SEF....sorry your trip was so rushed...Sounds like a good meal though!

LAURIE...don't you just LOVE BIG LOT'S.....I buy all my bread there..it's fresh and oh so cheap! Glad to hear BOOGIE is doing well...but how is your other munchkin????

CRYSTLE....The avatar said "NO ONE DIED WHEN CLINTON LIED"....evidently a
"die hard DONKEY" must have had a problem with it. It had only been up there for around four months.....Hmmmmmmmmmmm

TONI...I knew you would agree with the avatar....but it's gone now...I respect Suzanne too much to not comply. I've started my laundry...how bout you?

Debbie called this morning and the computer is fixed and she will be back on Monday....

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:30 PM   #104  
Little Engine That Could

BOB--Yes, one of those 4 will probably be against UT. I don't trust the Zooker to really win the big ones, and his record at home is dismal. Where is Visor Man when we need him?
And re. your thumbnail, you must be reading something very weird, because several big liberal newspapers actually did a study and a lot of counting, and they finally actually printed that Bush got more votes and won in Florida, no matter how they were counted. So your thumbnail is passé. Again, let's find a nice debate board and I'll discuss the FACTS, not rumors or inuendos, any day.

Monet--OK, I'll wait till Sept. to yak about football--except to BOB as she's my football buddy. Re. the pedometer, I have a Digiwalker that counts steps, and also registers the mileage and calories used. You can program it to your gait, but it registers only in 3" increments, and my pace is not exactly the same as what I have programmed in. I think it cost about $30. I got it on the web. after about 4 years you need to change the battery; it takes a hearing aid type battery. You can get a "free" one at McDonalds, but it is a cheapo and I don't know how long it will last. You could try it though.

Heart--I know what you mean about being SB legal but eating stuff you know probably is not that great. Good luck for being on plan this weekend.

I did not walk today because we got up, ate breakfast and went right to work in the butterfly garden. My DH and I worked together until 2 pm. with about 40 min. break for lunch. We have almost finished a big cleaning up out there and have filled up 3 large garbage cans with stuff we cut back or pulled up. The plants have gone W-I-L-D out there and you could hardly get through the arbor to enter the garden. I have tons of gold rim swallowtail caterpillars on the pipevine on the arbor. I cut some of it back and brought a lot of vine and caterpillars into my butterfly cage. Big caterpillars and some tiny babies. I think one had hatched out of its egg just this morning. I think we will finish up the whole job tomorrow but it is just too hot and we are just too tired to do any more. So I am now showered and dressed and will go watch a rerun of a Gator vs. FSU game on TV. (We win!) I don't know if I will even walk later. I am pretty tired and probably need the rest. Will get back on the walking routine tomorrow.

SEF--One of the very few things I don't like is sweet potatoes. That and cilantro and pecan pie are just about the only things I don't like. I wish I liked sweet potatoes because they are really good for you. That's why I didn't use them. Would have been good. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I remember reading something in the SB book about French people not eating white potatoes and also corn. When I was in France last month, the family I stayed with used both. The woman often cooked potatoes, usually roasted in the oven. And many restaurants would add corn kernels to salads. I've never seen corn on the cob over there, though.

Well, I'm gonna go watch the game. Love watching those old Gator wins. Gets me ready for the upcoming season. Have a good afternoon and evening everybody.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 08:16 PM   #105  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

The only constructive I've done today is come here and eat right. I have watched TV, did crosswords and played puter solitaire. Wonder of wonder, did not take a nap. It has been a good day. My batteries are recharging. I went down to get a batch of ice and filtered water, my DS asked me if I was alright, that they hadn't heard me all day. I said after the past week's activities I was taking a rest. He said well I figured after a couple of days if we didn't see or hear I might go up and check to see if you are still there! The stinker!! DIL made spaghetti w/ meat sauce. Very good.

BOB: I just remembered that Friday is my laudry day and certainly didn't get it done. It'll have to wait until Monday, should be ripe by then!

GATOR: I love to put potatoes around a pork roast, they pick up the flacor and get crusty if you turn them over now and then.

Guess I go do more of the same thing I've been doing all day.

May good things happen
Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote