Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 07-13-2004, 07:18 PM   #31  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Yes, it's BOB IN THE FLESH!!! SPEAKING OF DEBBIE..... I talked to her last night. She's found someone to diagnose her hard drive. He said it could be something as little as
$75, or as much as $$$$$$$! In the case of the last, she would be forced to buy a new hard drive which she doesn't want to do since this one is around two yrs old. SHE HAS NOT, and I REPEAT....HAS NOT DESERTED US OR THE BOARD.... She will be back, but just doesn't know when.....SO....in her absence, we've GOT TO KEEP THE BOARD GOING!!! I know that I've not been around like I should, and being "and oldie but goodie" I should be and am ashamed that I've been slacking!

MISSY... Right now, the board isn't going anywhere, but I have seen instances where Suzanne has combine others with a group
and we don't want that to happen. We've lost a lot of good people lately and
we really need to get them back!

JACKIE...sorry you're all plugged up! Cook up a mess of Kale and eat it like your crazy....it will work!

GATOR...glad to hear that you had a good vacation...good to have you home!

TONI....SO SORRY I missed your birthday...hope it was a good one!

MADISONLA....WELCOME....You will definately be welcomed into our little SEC football season tailgating session....the more the merrier!

SEF....glad you got that bath and hair washing in today.....I can sense how good you smell down here!

PANCHO...sounds like a busy time for you...hope the girls are well...

CRYSTLE....SMOOCHES!!!!!

MONET....how did that cake turn out....GOOD?????? I know it was!

SUSAN....GET ON BACK HOME SO WE CAN CHAT!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip....careful driving home! Ms BELLE called me the other night and said that she was beginning to think her MOMMIE was gone for good!

Gotta get off here....

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:31 PM.
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:32 PM   #32  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

The gig went very well. The audience is very receptive. We just have fun!

MONET: I liked your post to Missy. I hope she will come back more often. Well, what was in the freezer?

PANCHO: Looks like you really had a great trip. Glad the kiddies were good travelers.
Some of us are worried because people seem to have strayed from the Board and with not enough activity who knows what cold happen! Hopefully absences are just summertime phenom. I liked your reply to Missy too.

FILLISE: Glad you are doing well on your trip.

COUNTRY: Find something I like and I just want to keep going til it's gone. Can eat most things at any meal. We'll have to pull together to get back on track. Where's BOB and her wagon? Haven't heard Rocky Top in a long time!

JACKK: Too bad, takes your mind off other things!! Dorry you had such a rough day.

GATOR: Welcome back. Glad you had such a great time. I think you were very encouraging for Missy too. We really have caring people here. I hope she reads all the posts and knows there are options.

TONI: Good Luck with your card. appt.

BOB: We need your Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah! Thanks for the DEB update.

Will continue to check in.

May good things happen
Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:49 PM   #33  

Well, everyone has left, finally. Ruth and Erik popped over to eat their dinner out of my fridge again while our small group was meeting. While they were outside swimming, Snidely, the kitten caught a bird in the blueberry bushes! He was so excited, she said, he could barely contain himself. He dropped it once, and it almost got away, but he pounced on it again and ran off with it. I don't mind him guarding the blueberries, but I am not crazy about him catching birds.....

SEF: I got chicken breasts out of the freezer, and fixed Greek chicken in pitas, with cucumber/yogurt sauce, and a squash casserole. It turned out pretty good.

GATOR: Its good to have you back! I am glad you had a good time on vacation. We will probably be heading down to Florida sometime this fall, and if possible, we can get together then. I don't think we will come to Orlando to stay with my sister in law, though.

BOB: Its nice to see you got your A## back on here! The cake turned out good...

FILLISE: It will be good to have you back!

PANCHO: Vacation sounds like it was great! That makes sense that you drove through Birmingham. I probably would have been willing to drive over that way. Fillise lives pretty close to where you were driving through....

COUNTRY: It sure is hard to get back on the program strict like, isn't it? I am not looking forward to my daughter moving. They just bought a house about 30 miles from here, and I am really struggling with the idea of their being so far away. Its going to be a 45 minute drive in good traffic, and right now she is less than five minutes away.

JACK: That is good that the boss was out so you could take a snooze. I would hope you could do that even if the boss were NOT out. I hope you can find something for the slow system problems. I hope and pray the blister on your tongue is not a sign of impending thrush... I know that is painful. If you have to get it, I hope this time it is not as severe. Did you ever ask about the Magic Mouthwash?

TONI: Oh well, if you are going to eat something off plan, your birthday is one of the best excuses for the indulgence! Just get back on plan....

I hope I did not miss anyone! I did not mean to if I did, I just can't get back any farther to check!

Off to bed! Good night all!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:26 AM   #34  
Little Engine That Could

Mornin' ever'body,
Got my 2 mile walk in already and am fixin' to get ready to go to "work" (volunteer). Two miles this morning was 5600 steps but normally it is 4800 or about that. I'm gonna try for 15000 steps today. Haven't had bf yet. I have to figure out what to take to "work" becausse they have all sorts of goodies, which I love to munch on. Need to not eat any chocolate kisses or cheetoes, etc. etc. I think I will take one piece of SGWW bread and some egg salad made with mustard and just 1 tsp of mayo. And an apple or peach.

Hi BOB, it's nice to see that Debbie is only gone temporarily. It might be cheaper for her just to buy a whole new computer. They are not very expensive these days. I think they come with a 1 yr. guarantee.

Well, I don't have time for a reply to everyone. Still have to get showered and eat and leave in 35 minutes. Have a great day, everyone.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:24 AM   #35  

Good morning everyone. Am ready to leave for my cardio app. It makes for a really long day and I dread it. Its already 78 outside so its going to be a hottie here. Of course I forgot to weigh. I don't know why I can't remember except maybe my mind doesn't want to. Started out my day with a piece of peanut butter toast. Made me a big shrimp salad last night for dinner and was glad I ended my day with some vegetables. Wish the tomatoes would hurry and get ripe.

Bob- Ohhhhh its so good to see you post Bob. I was just wondering where the heck you were.

Sef- Glad your "GIG" went well and you had fun....

Monet- What a good summer dinner. A greek pita sounds so yummy. Sorry your daughter is moving farther from you. I know my sis did that last year and I sure miss her being near by.

GatorGal- Wow! Good for you walking so early. Thats such a great way to start the day off. Have a good one at work...

Guess I'll get off here it will be time to go in a second. Have a great day and happy weigh in.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:25 AM   #36  

Wow Gatorgal we have the same amount of posts and joined the same month and same year... Thats to weird....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:36 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW.

I did not weigh. Didn't even think about it.

Feeling better today so far. Constipation is gone (so far) so that helps some. I hit the couch the entire night. We have severe storms last night. Equal to stage 1 hurricane winds. 80 mph. Lucikly we didn't have any damage or lose power. Got to work and there was no power there. Never has happened in 32 years. So after we sat around and talked for 2 hours, we came home. So need to find something to do here. Lots to do, just don't want to do it.

Looks like our board is picking up again. I am glad.

Gator, so glad you had a nic vacation. I know being in France was hard for you and your DH. Glad you had time to reconnect. All that walking is great. I agree, break it down. That way you don't dread doing it.

Toni, hoping that all goes well at the Dr's today. IT was 94 here yesterday. Alot cooler today.

Bob, you better get your butt back on her on a regular basis. We all need each other and it was such a fun and supportive place. We need to get it back.

Sef, glad your gig went well.

Monet, you need to put a lock on that fridge. My DD lives about 40 minutes away. It's too far (for me anyway). I think they are thinking about moving in closer since they both work in Lou.I got some mouthwash yesterday, the same one I had the last time and using it every 4 hours. It dosen't seem as painful.

Be back later I hope
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:46 AM   #38  

Good Morning everyone:

WIW was good to me (120#'s). I got up early and went to the gym, so I have exercised, at least a little, every day this week.

We will be leaving her in a little while to take Lane for her 2-year check-up at the doctor's office; she has to get one shot today.

So far today I have had 32 oz of water, 1/2 Trioplex bar & 3 slices cantaloupe. Yesterday was OP except a little piece of leftover birthday cake.

Fillise: Hope you had a good time.

Jack-K: Sorry you are feeling so weak. I can't wait for these last 2 treatments to be over for you!!!

Gator: Welcome back; it sounds as if you had a fun time.

Toni: Good luck with your appt. today; I will pray for a positive outcome.

BOB: I hope Deb doesn't have to fork out too much money on computer repairs. Let her know that she is missed. Good to see your post! Let's keep those posts coming!!

Sef: Glad the gig went well and you had a great time.

Monet: Every time a baby bird falls out of its' nest, our Golden Retriever gets it and brings it into the house; it grosses me out. It would have been nice to see you and Fillise, but you have to understand what traveling with my DH is like; we are lucky if we are able to go to the bathroom .

So, anyway....after we left Nashville, we drove to Panama City Beach to see my DH's parents, and his brother and his family. The next day, the rest of my DH's family got in...his sister and family, his brother and family, his other brother, his uncle....we all got together for dinner and swimming. The next day was the beach, goofy golfing, go-karts, etc...The guys all left on the 3rd to drive to the car race and all the women and kids went to Destin to hang out at the beautiful beaches there. All the women drove to Tampa the next day to meet up with them, and I drove in the worst weather I have ever driven in. It was pouring so hard that you couldn't see the car in front of you...everyone had their flashers on. We ended up having to pull over and wait it out because it was not worth the risk. The guys went to the Space Station the day that we were on the road. We then met up at the pool at the hotel to watch fireworks, and then went to Busch Gardens the next day (13 hours). We were there from the time they opened until they closed. We had a ball. My DH won a 4-5 foot white tiger for the girls playing a carnival game that he thought there was no way he'd win.....we had to find room for "Kumba" in the truck on the way home. We then went back to DH's parents in P.C. Beach and spent the night before heading home. It was a long trip and a lot of fun, but I am so glad to be home. I don't miss eating out at all!!! It gets so old to eat at restaurants 3 times a day.

Anyway, that concludes our vacation, and my novel posts .

I hope to check in later.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS AN OP DAY!!!

Take care,
Nat

Last edited by Pancho; 07-14-2004 at 11:50 AM.
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:50 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Default Hey Gals!

It's me, dragging my butt back in here. I haven't been on the computer in days..and guess what? I've been eating like crazy for days Sooo...my WIW has me at 168 pounds That's 5 pounds from right before the 4th. I have got to snap out of this. I do have one OP day under my belt(yesterday) and now I'm working on day #2. I know this works. I haven't gone from a 24 to a 12 for nothing. I want to say WELCOME to the newbies, Madison and Goof. Madison- 4 #'s is great!! You don't want it to be too fast anyway. Need to give your body time to adjust to the weight. Plus, anything over 3 #'s a week, is muscle or water loss. I would love to lose 1-2 #'s a week at a steady pace. And I know that I could if I stayed on plan. But I've been really bad here lately(the past few months). But I ALWAYS return back to SB because it is healthy and I know it works. Anyway, I wanted to let you guys know that I didn't fall off the face of the Earth. I need to check in DAILY to keep myself on track. Let's all post our menus, exercise, water, etc ..and even our "indiscretions." My eating so far today has been:

BF- leftover piece of meatloaf, fresh squash and snap beans(not your typical bf, I know) and a glass of CC 2% milk
Water- I'm gulping away!
Snack- haven't had it yet, but will be a low carb sf yogurt
Lunch- will be a chef salad with Ranch dressing and can diet(caffeine free)Dr.Pepper
Afternoon snack?- um, probably green apple and Smucker's PB
Supper will be cheeseburgers(fully loaded and with N.O. wheat n' fiber buns)and salad- probably a glass of diet coke.

Alright, I didn't exercise Monday, but did get in 2 workouts yesterday. I plan on doing WATP 4 mile tape later and maybe use my lateral thigh trainer for a few minutes.

Pancho- Man, that's alot of driving. I bet you guys were exhausted when you got home. We go on vacation for 4 days at the end of this month. My butt had planned on being in the 150's by then, but now I just want to get back to my low of 163. I have 2 weeks.

Goof- I'm 28, have 2 brats(just kidding, well maybe not) I still have 20 plus pounds to lose.

Madison- Where in MS? I live in Meridian.

Alright guys, it's good to be back. I've missed you all. Stay OP!!
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:29 PM   #40  

Hi everyone! I went to Curves this morning. I had intended to get out to the garden and work some early, but my son showed up and yakked at me for over an hour, so I went to Curves first, then worked in the garden when I got back. I got about a dozen cucumbers, a large handful of green beans, a couple squash, and FINALLY about 12 cherry tomatoes. Yay! I also picked about half a gallon of blueberries. I was dripping with sweat by the time I got back inside. Its so hot out there! I bet its about 95 in the shade!

I did weigh this morning and was disappointed to see I had gained about four pounds. I feel sure its water weight, but its still discouraging. I did have a bit of the cake over the weekend, and icing, and I actually drank a beer! I am back on the straight and narrow again, but it will take some time to get back down to where I was before my thyroid went wacky again.

I am eating so many cucumbers, I bet I lose just from that! I love them, and fresh out of the garden is the best!

Laura just called and wants me to fix her some lunch, so I better go find something she likes to fix for her. Be back later!

Old 07-14-2004, 02:01 PM   #41  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

Really got a workout this morning in PT. Will have to use some ice again later.

MONET: Chicken is always a safe bet isn't it? Always easier to put on a few pounds than to take off a few. Life isn't fair

GATOR: I can't remember if you mentioned it or not, what kind of volunteer work do you do? I think it is great that someone volunteers, so many programs would not be available except for the volunteers.

TONI: A hot day always seems longer too. Hope you don't get too tired. They are posting heat warnings here to help people avoid heat stroke, etc. The heat index is over 100' and it's humid.

JACKK: Sounds like a good opportunity to rest and have a take of Jackie day. We don't always have to be doing something. The house and dust will wait. Glad the mouthwash seems to be helping.

PANCHO: Goes to prove there's no place like home! Sort of like company, you love to have them visit, but in a way it's nice when they leave and you can go back to your normal routine,

HEART: wondered where you were. Glad you hauled butt back here!

Want to watch "As Time Goes By", see ya later.

May good things happen
Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 04:08 PM   #42  
Little Engine That Could

OK, I'm just checking in to see if everyone is behavin' themselves.

I left the pregnancy center, where I volunteer, at 2 pm. today. I am finished with my shift at 1 pm. but got into a long conversation with a client that came at 12 noon, so left late. Then went to the store to stock up on groceries as we were flat empty here at home. Am checking the board before I put everything up. I love you gals and would rather chat with you than put stuff up.

SEF--I am a volunteer peer counselor at a pregnancy care center, aka crisis pregnancy center. I meet with women who come in for free pregnancy tests or supplies, such as diapers, formula, maternity clothes, etc. We are a non-profit center that receives no govt. funds or united way funds, so we can talk about whatever we wish. We are a Christian ministry, so I often get to talk to my clients about spiritual things, which is very exciting. That was what we were talking about that kept my visit with the woman this morning so long. One of the more interesting things in my "work" is to listen to the answers of the women to this question: "If, horrors, a truck were to run the red light up there at the corner just as you were pulling out of our parking lot, and hit your car, and you all of a sudden found yourself face to face with God at the 'pearly gates', and He said to you, 'my child, why should I let you into my heaven?', how would you answer His question?"

Spent almost $80 at the grocery store. Tonight I am fixing ratatouille, baked flounder and fresh salad with tomato and avocado. May have a slice of melon for dessert. Lunch today was an egg salad sandwich on one slice of bread, 1/2 tomato and 1/2 apple. Breakfast was one boiled egg on 1 slice WW toast and 1/2 fresh peach. Probably not enough calories by the "rules."

BTW, I was checking out another board on 3FC and noticed some comments by a former poster on this board. She is now down to her goal weight and is doing well. She mentioned that she actually "starved" herself to finally get to goal, and that, plus exercise, has made her reaching goal possible. She is younger than I am. There was also an interesting discussion of losing weight "the right way" and whether that kept you from having sagging skin (it doesn't, esp. if you are over 40). Anyway, I thought it was interesting, and makes me wonder if I can really lose, even with the thyroid problem, if I pay close attention to how many calories I eat. Maybe I should be more "vigilent" and eat less??

Gotta go and put up groceries.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:27 PM   #43  

A fly by posting here....

I just went to the grocery store, and found something that made me smile big time. Pepperidge Farms has 100% whole wheat English muffins! I am so excited! I love English Muffins, and have been wishing I could find some that were legal. Now if someone will just make a good 100% whole wheat bagel, I will be a very happy camper!

GATOR: I know the answer to that question...we used that method years ago. Very effective in narrowing down the life philosophy, isn't it?

I am going to go take a dip in the pool! Later, all!

Old 07-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #44  
Little Engine That Could

Monet, yep. It is most interesting when someone who says they are Christian and have been going to church is totally stumped by that question. Most often they say, "well I've never thought about that and I don't know what I'd say." Sometimes they say, "well, I've been a pretty good person and I have a good heart." Etc. Etc. That question gets to the heart of the matter pretty quickly. The issue it raises is probably the most important thing we will have to make a decision about in our life, because eternity is a "pretty long time".

Got the groceries up and had a wedge of honeydew melon for a snack. I was hungry. It's still too hot to walk yet, so will do chores around here. I have 8200 steps so far, so need about 3-3.5 miles yet.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:11 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi again,

Ended up resting for about 2 hours after I was on earlier. After lunch, decided to clean some. Got 2 rooms and a 1/2 bath done. But was worn out so quit. I will have all weekend to get the rest done. DH has to work all weekend. Thought I had better cook some dinner since I was home all day. Threw some spaghetti sauce and meatballs in a pot. Ran and got some milk and multi grain bread, So I can say I cooked!

I do have the thrush. Doesn' t seem as bad this time. Just so frustrating. I was watching Dr Phil and he had a 8 yr old that had leukemia and had been doing chemo for 3 years. I can't imagine. So I told myself to get over it.

Pancho, hope that shot went ok. Where did you pu that 3' tiger in the car?

Heart, glad to see you back. Hoping your upcoming vacation gives you some motivation.

Monet, all those veggies sound so good. I have never been a gardener. Ok what's the answer? I thought I heard there was some ww bagels out, but have not found them.

Gator, what a great "job". How rewarding. I know what I would answer, but is it the "right" one? Hope you get your walk in. It is cool here today. only 81 and windy.

Got to run finish dinner. Fix some salads. Have a great night. If I'm not on tomorrow, it's b/c the power is still off at work. We will work off generators, but probably won't have computers.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote