Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 07-14-2004, 05:42 PM   #46  

Red face New to the board

It's so great to have this place to turn to. I think my most troubling problem is my self hatred and embarassment about the way I look. I was so fit last year then had a heart attack in the middle of menopause and seems like the 30 pound weight gain morphed me into someone I don't like anymore. I never thought I'd be in this predicament and sure do need this help. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monet 320
There was not a new thread started for this week, so I started one.

Here is a place to post and ask questions, for any newbies.

Challenges: Three days of exercise, 1/2 your weight in water ounces, and stay on program, or make good choices for the week.

For motivation, remember, you can do this. Each good decision you make will strengthen you for the next one. Keep in mind that you are worth it, and you will feel so much better about yourself, and just plain FEEL better if you treat your body well, and feed it healthy foods.
psigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:08 PM   #47  

Hi Jack, I'm new and grateful to be here. I think I know how you feel regarding things not leaving your body and how uncomfortable it is. Me too...found out I was not able to digest wheat gluten. It can make the intestines swell and bloat. Many many people of European decent have gluten intolerance and of course (!) wheat is in everything. Please give yourself off time from anything with wheat in it and see what happens. Best of luck.
psigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:17 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

2 posts in one day! PSI- Welcome!
Jack-k- I still admire the way you are dealing with Cancer. I think it's okay to have a little self pity at times. But then it's time to start thinking positive again. I used to think at times why did Boogie have to be born with his heart all messed up, it was so unfair. But then I went to the Children's Hospital and saw soooo many kids whose health were far in worse shape than Boogie's and realized that we were blessed. Almost makes you feel guilty that you are complaining when someone else is in worse shape, you know? What are they saying about the cancer now?

Gator- I know you must get frustrated with your slow weight loss, especially when you do so good. But I don't believe in making your body go hungry. I have a copy of Woman's World that has a diet "plan" similar to SB. Some women have claimed to previously were on a very low calorie intake, but just couldn't lose. And if they increased their calories, they would gain. Then they tried this plan and lost weight. It's about eating a certain combonation of foods. You might want to check it out. It's the July 20th issue.

Well, I was just stopping by. I have stuck to my menu and exercise for the day. I'm starting to get a little hungry though. Hubby is working late so I won't put the burgers on until 6 or so.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:12 PM   #49  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Wiw

Still at 159....

Welcome PSI! Praying for you as you battle your self image demons. That is a battle I still fight.

Laurie...so good to see you. Sorry that the scales are up for you also. Yep, my fault too. Self sabatage and now the scales won't budge...agh

Jack-K...I'm so glad you are feeling a little better. ((hugz))

Monet..I'm sorry your daughter is moving further away. I hope it's not long distance for you. That is the hardest thing about Britt moving and I can't get unlimited where I live in the sticks. Woo hoo on the fresh veggies. Mine are spent for the summer. I do have some Serano peppers and herbs that are still growing.

Gator...WTG with the walking. You are an inspration. With all the snakes this summer I've been working out more than walking. Stormy got bit the other night in the pasture and I saw one last night on the road again. I just came in and did Disco sweat.

Poncho...hope your little one is feeling okay after her shot.

Sef...how is your shoulder doing?

Bob!!! So good to read your post today.

Toni...I was gonna send you some guacamole but I am a PIG...LOL

Tranquil....howdy woman! How are you?

Deb..if you get a chance to read HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ((hugzz))

Missy...still praying for you.

Susan...are you having a good trip?

Yellow....how have you been? Are you lurking by any chance?

Beth...a big howdy to you to if you happen to peek in.

Trish...thinking of you also.

((((((((((Everybody)))))))))))))))

Love and hugs,
Crystle

235/158/140-yeah right...LOL
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:41 PM   #50  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

Ho-Hum. Most exciting thing I did today was do my nails and watch them dry through 4 coats, and watch Jeopady with my GD. We try to question the answers. We ain't too shabby at it if I do say so myself.

GATOR: What wonderful "work" you do. I think that is fascinating. That question always makes stop and rethink doesn't ti? Volunteering can be "work," I try to prepare ahead of time to lead my groups. It is so rewarding though. I feel I get more out of it then I give. You are in on the beginning of life spectrum, I'm at the downhill side of life. I think it does come down to calories in the end. How many times have we admitted that we ate legal, just too much of legal. Portion control is something we should pay attention too. I know I am lax about that. Maybe we need a challenge along those lines.

MONET: I love English Muffins! I will have to look for Pepperidge. My DH used to bring home the real Jewish bagels. He woud get off work at about 5a and be to the bakery when they opened and bagels were hot out of the oven. After a 2 1/2 drive they would be cool but still fresh! I thought someone said they were some legal bagels out there but I haven't found them.

JACKK: Doesn't sound like a real restful day. We love Italian and I always make extra to freeze. Comes in handy when I don't have time or don't feel up to cooking. I know we can always find someone with more problems than ours. When we are iserable we just don't think about it.

Guess I will settle down for some stitching and TV. The angel is very tedious....a stitch of one color, two or three of another, not many large patches of color. Have to really pay attention. But I like the challengeing projects.

May good things happen
Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:55 PM   #51  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Exclamation

Evening every Buddy!

Not too happy at the moment. Since I've been a member of this board, I've been reported twice...

The first time because I voiced my belief in God, and now today, because I show my political beliefs in my avatar.

In the first instance, someone on this board ran to Debbie, and now today, someone ran to Suzanne. She PM'd me and graciously asked me to change it which you can see that I have done.

People WITHOUT Kahuna's that can't talk adult to adult just fry my arse....

I'll be back when you see me....I need to cool down

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:02 PM   #52  
Little Engine That Could

Well, I went for a walk after dinner, about 7:30ish. It was veeerrry humid and not as easy walking as in the morning because of the humidity. My DH went with me. I got a total of 15537 steps in today. yea me!!! I'd like to get about that amount every day, but it definitely is work, especially with this H O T weather.

Had a great dinner, but probably not really low on the calories.
First course: mesclun salad with sliced fresh tomatoes and 1/2 of a tiny avocado. The avodado was delicious, like silk. Low cal, homemade dressing.
Main course: ratatouille, fresh flounder "stuffed" with chopped spinach and cream cheese and sautéed with tiny carrots, and then finished in the oven with a little white wine. Yum, it was good. In fact, as good as any meal that we had at some of the fancy restaurants on our vacation. My DH says he is lucky. Not bragging, just explaining that I like to cook, but hate to clean up.

Heart, just keep on plugging with this WOE. You can do it. Thanks for the Woman's World info.

BOB, hope you had a good day. POST, will ya.

PSI, Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy this very helpful and friendly group. I'm not crazy about how I look, so it can be a motivation to stay on plan. Just remember, in the grand scheme of things, it's how you "look" on the inside that is the most important. All the rest is just window dressing.

Jackie--If you are curious about what God considers an acceptable answer, one that would result in His saying to you, "Welcome to my home--forever." send me a PM and I'll put you on to some things that will clarify "the answer" for you.

SEF--You are NEVER too old--for anything. The great thing about life, lived out a certain way, is that no matter what situation you are in, your Creator can use you for a profound purpose. It seems to me that you are so active, and I admire that.

Gotta go. Hi to everyone that I missed. My DH wants to finish watching "Where Eagles Dare" and I love that movie. Catch you tomorrow.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:06 PM   #53  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

Looks like I forgot to turn the page! I missed a couple of posts!

PSIGRL: WELCOME. You will enjoy yourself here, make new cyber friends and learn a heck of a lot! We have all felt as you do. I lost 70#, then emotions and surgery lured me into evil ways I gained some of the weight back and hate the way I look too. So we are all in this together. But we shall overcome! Already you are willing to share with us some of your knowledge. I learned something about wheat intolerance. Thanx.

HEART: You are really a person with sense and caring. Thanks for sharing with us. I know I gripe sometimes, I should stop and think about the trauma patients I worked with, their lives will never be the same and they went through so much.

COUNTRY: Shoulder better just aches for a few hours after PT. When I first started my pain level was 8-9 (10 being the emrgency room). Now I'm down to a 2-3, that spikes when I do any exertion, but that is lessening too. I am so pleased with the way it is mending now. Just took a while and we know I am not patient with myself!!!

Okay, really am leaving this time!

May good things happen
Shirley

Last edited by sef; 07-14-2004 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:21 PM   #54  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

OKay! So I lied. Other posts got on before me. Have to answer,

BOB: Simmer down! I remember the last incident. It was felt we were getting to religious. I'm sorry I pray for people, whether they know it or not. I for one never gave the avatar a thought. You weren't using the Board as a forum! Don't worry about it. Remember P.T. Barnum.

GATOR: Thank you.

Well, I will try to say goodnight again!

May good things happen
Shirley
Old 07-14-2004, 09:44 PM   #55  

Evening!

JACK, we got your storm tonight. It was moving south from Tennessee, according to the weather service. It looked pretty vicious. It hit a lot harder east of here. It all blew over, and there was an incredible sunset. I even got a few pictures of some flowers tonight, with drops of rain on them. I hope they turn out good!

Dinner tonight was a hamburger patty on a half of an English muffin. They are really good, ya'all. We had a bit of leftover squash casserole and steamed fresh green beans. I also munched on a couple small cucumbers. Unfortunately I totally blew it by eating two small pieces of pizza. (hanging head in shame)

I really need to get back to no cheats. It has been a while since I made it more than a couple days. Any one have any ideas for motivation?

Ok, almost time for bed here! Sweet dreams!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:58 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

It's me...again! Yep, just unwinding, might even play POGO. BOB- sorry about your "run in"...I for one, liked your avatar. Don't know if I remember or was around about the God thing. BUT I will shout to the rooftops that I am a firm believer in God and if someone doesn't like it then just tough cookies. That's part of what is wrong with this world. Trying to keep God outta everything and then wondering where he's at when everthing goes to pot. Okay, I'm off my soapbox and hopefully, I won't get reported either. I did everything as planned today(yippee). I do wish that I had only stuck to one hamburger bun though. Ah, but they were so good, Hardees doesn't have anything on my burgers! Alright, going to play POGO...
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:44 PM   #57  
Little Engine That Could

BoB--I think we must have been posting at the same time, because I completely missed your post. Went back to check it when I read some of the comments, by SEF e.g. Wow! We have someone "famous" on our board. Two times! Gads. I'd be a little steamed too, but, BOB, don't let it control you. Control IT! And be like a duck with a "slippery back." Don't desert us. Keep posting. We need you, gal.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 06:31 AM   #58  

Good Morning! I couldn't sleep. The devil kitten woke me up at about 5:15, meowing. If he would only wait an hour! I finally got up and threw him out and shut the door.

I took a phentermine with my morning meds. This poundage gained since my thyroid went kapooey on me is beginning to get on my nerves. Of course, I have not been eating perfectly lately, so I shouldn't get too mad, but I want to get the scale moving again. Its been a LONG time since I made any real progress.

I have a meeting tonight, and I am supposed to take refreshments. I am thinking of making something, like a carrot cake. I want to look and see if there are any good SB recipes I want to try for a snack type cake. I will probably take some fruit as well. I am looking forward to the meeting. Its my Urban Renewal/Arts project group that I mentioned a few weeks ago.

I hope everyone has a great day! I am going to work harder at getting my water in, as well as keeping the sugar out today.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:12 AM   #59  

Hello,
I am new to this site and look forward to chatting with you all. Shirley thank you for the wonderful letter about Rose. Thank God for people like her she sounded like a wonderful lady. I wrote down her words of wisdom and being the big 50 is next week these words hit home. Because I don't feel any different really than years past other than a few aches once in awhile. My grandmother and Rose would of got along well her name was Rose too! Sounds like they believed in living their life to the fullest and thats what I plan to do to. I graduated later in life 1998. I still pay that student loan but thats okay! I am working with special needs population and thats what I wanted to do. Well just wanted to say thanks, gotta go to work. Trying to jump back into healthy eating this week some what I have a clam bake on Saturday.
Skyfirefly
SKYFIREFLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:15 AM   #60  

WELCOME to PSI and SKYFIREFLY! We are glad you joined us! This is a great place for support and information. I have been posting here for over two years, and its been wonderful!