Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Appoximately, how much fiber do you get on a daily basis?
FIBER? Isn't that the stuff in your dryer's lint trap? 0 0%
I know I get some, but how much is a mystery to me! 19 54.29%
Less than 10 grams of fiber. 0 0%
10-20 grams 9 25.71%
20-25 grams 3 8.57%
The recommended 25-35 grams 2 5.71%
35+grams! No dookie problems here! 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2001, 11:56 PM   #31  

Default Hello

Hi to everyone

How is everyone, sounds like everyone had a busy weekend. I had a good one, but worked alot.

Just wanted to pass on a quick note on something that motivated me. I had gone to Sears on Saturday and they were having a great sale. I picked up two tops at great prices, were having a 35%OFF sale. So I got two and just picked up the 3X hoping that they would fit. I have not been able to just walk into a store like this and pick out tops, or bottoms, or anything for that matter. I have brought everything I had at Lane Bryant, or Catherines, or big people stores. Anyway, when I got home and tried the tops on, THEY WERE TOO BIG!!! Had to take them back today and exchange them for the 2X. That was a great feeling, and what made it even better was when I got the tell the sales lady that I had to return them because they didn't fit cause they were too big!!!!!

Hope that everyone has a great day tomorrow- and stay in touch and good luck eating!!!

Laurie
Old 04-10-2001, 05:43 AM   #32  
Everyday angel

Default sleepy time

Hello to all you chickees! If I don’t respond to you tonight I still read everything.

Margaret....YIPEEEEE!!!! I’m so happy for your happiness! And you’re right, your experience does motivate me...and give me faith that a good relationship is possible! Way to go to both of you!

Froggie missed ya girl! I always enjoy “Spewer” stories! hehehe. Looks like the weight is coming off too huh?

Hey Deb, well it’s great that you’ve never cheated, but I must admit that it makes me kind of nervous too. Like when I had a 4.0 average when I first started college, and was TERRIFIED of breaking it. It was like setting up a Ming Dynasty vase in the middle of the living room and telling your kids not to break it or you would kill them. So when I got my first “B” I was liberated! I enjoyed my college experience much more (especially all the class I skipped. )

Now, I don’t think it’s necessary or healthy for anybody to “accidentally” go caveman on two dozen doughnuts, even once in a while. But even the Sugar Bust for Life cookbook said small amounts of “forbidden” foods mixed with large amounts of other foods are acceptable. I guess it’s all a matter of how you feel about it.

Like the other day I was about to go skating and it was too crowded at the park. I had a bottle of “wellness water” with me that I bought before I started sb. It’s like weak Gatorade, about 80 calories for a big bottle. (It was quite a shock that so few calories had 20 grams of sugar! Imagine those 22 ounce jugs of Coke and Mountain Dew I used to chug down EVERY DAY! But anyway.) So I was tempted to drink it anyway, but I didn’t. Later on I did skate for 1 ¼ hours after dancing for two hours and I’ve had experience with not replenishing my body soon enough after exercise (with dire consequences) so I didn’t feel guilty drinking it. However it would have been out of place just to drink, without exercise.

No there is no excuse for cheating....but with planning I don’t see anything wrong with the occasional indulgence.

Good idea about the start date; I’ve been kinda doing that already when I “restarted” my top weight at 164.

About fiber...I honestly don’t know how many grams. but definitely way more than before. When I think about how little fiber I was consuming it’s SCARY. Because low fiber is very typical of the American diet, and yet refined foods are so unnatural to the way our bodies are designed. I am still obsessed with my short term goals yes, but I also have a firm commitment to this way of life for LIFE! I’m not going back....I may slip and I may fall, I may even lie in the dirt for a little while but I’m going to keep walking, because this feels so RIGHT.

I’m holding steady on the ice cream, but I KNOW I definitely can’t control myself with chocolate, so I avoid it altogether, maybe forever. Those three boxes I inhaled over Christmas haunt me like a vengeful ghost of the way I used to be. I remember when I was 19 and severely depressed. I ate an entire ½ gallon of ice cream. Before that, but on the same day, I had cooked up FIVE POUNDS of chicken thighs in teriyaki sauce, and ate it on a WHOLE loaf of French bread with butter. There was more but I can’t remember. I still can’t believe it was me who did that. I mean that’s truly sick....for some of us overeating really is a disease. I digress again, but what I meant to say was that it’s a major accomplishment that you are able to handle chocolate so well.

Thanks for the compliment; I AM a writer, I just don’t have time to write! I am going to write a great novel before I die....I already have the plot sketched out in detail.

Lisa I too had a question about the fruit and maybe you veterans can answer it. I have always thought that if you are going to eat carbs, they are absorbed more slowly when combined with protein and fat. So never to eat carbs alone. What is the deal with eating fruit alone ½ hour before or two hours after a meal? I’m sure there must be some rational explanation.

I’m glad that things are okay with your son and that you have gotten something positive out of his illness...a desire to improve your own life. Being overweight is not just a life-threatening disease....it’s a LIFE-SPOILING disease and I for one am bound and determined not to waste another year of my life being a prisoner in this fat!

SolShine: Open a word processor program. Save your post as you go along. Hit reply. Copy and paste it when you are finished. (Yes I am blue in the face!!!!!!)

Now that I’m finished screaming. I really enjoyed your blading experiences and thanks for sharing them. Isn’t it fun????? (Trying to convert people.) Believe me if I find a butt guard I will buy it no matter how funny it looks!

I enjoyed your goals to no end! What a way to start the morning! LOL! Especially: “I want to be able to shave my bikini area without having to move anything out of the way!” LMFAO!!!!!

I am especially self-conscious about my “bikini area.” (If you are a prude close your eyes for a minute now.) Being in such close proximity to my lower abs it is a real stubborn problem area. Those two areas are why I’m longing to get a tummy tuck and a little liposuction so badly. But besides not having the money, I’m going to discipline myself and wait until I have maintained my goal weight for some time before I do it.

Also thanks for the kind words and the story about your friend who runs every day. You are right; reaching goal is only the BEGINNING of the excitement, the struggle, the pain and joy of living life to the utmost!!! I’m sure your hubby is to swoon for; I have faith that I’ll find somebody beautiful on the inside and the outside too someday. Since I have standards now.

StarChaser, RodeoMom and all you other newbies besides me, I’m glad to see you doing so well! Feels like we are “sisters” in this lifestyle!

Glory....Sharkle....I like that. I think I’ll change my userid now.

Laurie doesn’t it feel great to buy clothes! I’ve been so big that NOTHING fits....but I was too poor to go to a “special” store so I just squeezed into jeans that were at least two sizes too tight (sigh). Now I make SURE something is comfortable before I wear it!

Tonight’s ramble

Well it’s Monday nite gals. This is the third week in a row that nobody showed up to my OA meeting. I usually make lots of phone calls to rally people together but lately I’ve been putting so much time into working out and cooking that I haven’t had the energy. Sometimes it seems like I have to keep the dynamite lit under their butts. I shouldn’t say that but I’m frustrated. Maybe it’s time to let go of the responsibility for a while.

But I was pretty glad because I was dying to skate! It’s windy and rainy tonight, but I went anyway. I was wearing my velvet “party” hat to the meeting cause I didn’t do my hair from biking home in the rain. So I put on my gym clothes, skates and pulled the hat low on my face and merrily did 8 miles in the occasionally pouring rain, slowly so I wouldn’t slip and fall.

My roomie made a yummilicious meat sauce and spaghetti for dinner. I started cooking up some other stuff and he got all pouty, but I was planning to eat the sauce over some fresh asparagus sauteed in some light olive oil. Which I did, adding a few sun dried tomatoes and almonds. My “green spaghetti” was just divine! I ate my fill but was dying for dessert so I heated up a few shreds of ww bread (like half an ounce) and had them with some pb& “j”.

Yesterday he was bound and determined to make sausage and gravy with biscuits and eggs for breakfast. Didn't manage it until supper, but breakfast is good any time of day. Those biscuits looked about as divine as they could. But I ate my sausage and eggs with some brown rice and hot picante sauce and it was even better!

Two major temptations tonite: I’m doing just about ANYTHING to keep from eating more sf ice cream. That’s why it was important to eat my fill of supper. And also I’m cooking up a pack of bacon in the oven (for the first time) to mix with my veggies and salads and everytime I cook bacon a few pieces jump into my mouth accidentally. But this time I’m determined not to even taste any because after all WIW is coming up real soon! (Hmmm that oven thing works really well and much easier than standing over a pan of hot grease! I just put them in a roasting pan.) Anyway I am sure I’m going to make it through tonight!

I have had a real problem concentrating at work lately. My job is fairly high pressure; usually I do good work but I can’t focus on anything. This has been since I started my new routine. Part of it is that I am mentally although not physically exhausted and part of it is the tension between myself and my roommate/coworker. So today after talking to him it was better, but I got majorly busted today for neglecting to prepare for an appointment with a major client back on Saturday. I am usually the “miracle worker” and it’s been a long time since I got a lecture....and this one was pretty stinging. My boss is disappointed in me but I don’t think she realizes how completely unhinged I’ve been. I made a major effort to concentrate today and although I didn’t do as much as I could have, I’m making a dent.

I posted earlier that I have been on a campaign to stop biting my nails. This is really important to me because I’ve bitten my nails to pathological stumps for years now and haven’t been able to stop no matter how hard I tried. So I have been constantly working on them and putting on lotion like a zillion times a day and am happy to report that I now have short, but neat and ladylike fingernails! What a major difference in my attitude and self-esteem too. I sat in on a client presentation because I’m training to sign people up for IRAs and I felt so proud to be sitting there not having to be ashamed of my hands.

Okay I feel like I washed a TON of dishes and it’s very nearly midnight already. I’m busy every single minute of the day and still don’t have time to sleep. I wonder how I will ever take care of a little one when it’s all I can do to take care of myself.

Oh one last thing. I can sum up all my goals very simply: I want to be at peace with the woman I am. Not perfectly satisfied of course! but at peace. And I can’t delude myself into being at peace with my excess weight nor do I want to....but I have come a long way toward loving myself just as I am....flaws and all.

I’m pretty darn awesome and so are YOU!

Love,

Chris
Old 04-10-2001, 05:47 AM   #33  
Everyday angel

Default ps

164 as of 3/15/01
159.5 last Wednesday
157.5 HOPE for this Wednesday!
147 by vacation in late May???
130!!!

okay really going to bed now!
Old 04-10-2001, 07:26 AM   #34  
Goddess

Default Good Tuesday Morning! :wave:

It's early and I supposed to be grading papers--but can't face them yet this morning. Ugh.

Memphis was interesting. I was a judge for a public relations competition. They locked thejudges into a room at 8:00am on Saturday and didn't let us out until we finished 1:00 AM Sunday morning! Talk about brain dead. They catered food for the event--breakfast--all carbs and sugar. Lunch pasta salad. I was glad I had thought to put a couple of protein bars in my purse. They did have fruit. I asked if they could get me a salad for lunch and they did. When I explained what Iwas doing and how much weight I've lost they seemed more than happy to accompdate me. So here is my Tuesday tip: ASK FOR WHAT YOU NEED!!!!!! For dinner they brought in baked chicken, broiled fish, green beans and salad--no problem there. Sometimes you need to enlist others to help you stay OP. Now if someone could just jumpstart my fried brain. . .

Sunday we made it to Graceland--or Wasteland as some of you so affectionally refer to it What a hoot! I looked so stunning in my new size 22 skorts that I actually shelled out the 20 bucks for the tourista photo at the gates and made everyone take a copy!

Lots happened over the weekend--

Margaret--WooooooHooooo! Best wishes on your upcoming marriage. I'm thinking we are still needing details girl!

Laurie--a big Wooo Hooo to you on the 2x! I knowthe feeling and ain't it great!

Sparkle--I wish I could convince my students that Bs are liberating! The students who get the mostupset at the end of the semester are the ones who get Bs.

Big Orange--put the daggum patch on today--wecan't have you beingless than your sweet self! :nono

Viv: body image games do bad bad things to our heads. We aren't going to be 20 again (and I wouldn't--for all the money in the world). Be the best you that you can be---whatever your age. The key is--do you look better than you did a year ago? 6months? onemonth? Keep the faith you will be the best you that you can be--in fact you sound pretty darn good to me right now!

See you later!
Old 04-10-2001, 07:29 AM   #35  
Goddess

Oops forgot!

300/250/150
July 10, 2000

Susan
Old 04-10-2001, 07:33 AM   #36  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Okay, I used Word to type this so it won't get lost this morning.... I rushed out the door this morning and only had my cereal and forgot to take my Glucophage. I’m so mad at myself. I just started this stuff and I want to see RESULTS! It’s too soon for me to be forgetting these things. I can take it when I get home, but I’ve been trying to take it at the same time every day since it’s a one a day pill. I also know I’m going to be hungrier today since I didn’t start with protein. I’m already hungry!

FROG – Sounds like you are remodeling. How fun! I went from Allegra to Zyrtec. It seems to work better for me, but THANKFULLY something works!! Allergies can make me miserable. My mom used to give us Sudafed every morning before school. I can remember my brother and I crying to not make us take it ‘cause it made us soooo sleepy. I hope you don’t faint again. I look forward to reading about your good news from the Dr. Marilyn Monroe? That will be fun to see - I hope y’all find a wig.

LAURIE – “I need to return these because they are too big.” is one of my favorite things to say! Congratulations!! That’s the kind of returns we don’t mind making. Awesome!!

SPARKLE – You *DO * Sparkle!! I’m glad you post here! Regarding the OA meetings: people have to want to help themselves; we can’t do it for them as much as we would like. I’d think they’d be jumping at the opportunity to spend time with you and learn from your enthusiastic successes. If they aren’t appreciating you, you can certainly spend more time on those things that bless your life and with people who appreciate all the zest you add to life! I like your goal and it sounds like a very realistic goal. Congrats on the nails! My mom battled that for a long time so I can understand what a major victory that is!

DEBBIE – I’m sure Eli will miss you terribly. He knows you better than we do and I can only imagine the Debbie withdrawals we would all have if you were gone for a while. I haven’t been on SB long enough to help Winnie with her book, but I sure do look forward to reading about you successful gals in it.

The Powerbelt looks really neat. I’m sending the link home to show to Vince and see if we can order one. Heck, I’m all for getting the most out of my walks! Knowing Vince he’ll want to use it too.

Glucophage is supposed to help your body utilize the insulin that it makes better – then it should not have to make so much insulin. That’s a very general, simplistic explanation as far as I could get from the Dr. and the web. I do plan to do a little more searching for information on it. The side effects are nausea, bloating and diarrhea. Someone who drinks a lot of alcohol shouldn’t take it because it could cause problems with the kidneys and lactic acid build up in the muscles causing stroke and heart problems. I hardly ever drink and when I do it’s just a glass or 2 of red wine. I guess my full feeling would be the bloating and thankfully there’s no nausea or other problems so far. I’m thinking that if there were going to be problems I would already be seeing them, so maybe this is a good thing for my problem. I sure do hope so!

CHERI – Thank you for sharing your challenges. It helps me to remember that I’m human, too. We can pick ourselves back up and just start all over. I liked Sparkle’s analogy/resolve to maintain this WOE – even through the stumbles, falls and laying in the dirt. I hope you enjoy that new job! Getting off at 4pm will put you ahead of the 5pm rush and here in Orlando, that’s a BIG deal! I try to get out of here no later than 4:30pm. GatorGal gave me some new back roads to avoid the rush – for which I am eternally grateful. If traffic is anything like it is here you’ll learn to like those early mornings.

GATORGAL – Thinking of you!! I hope things are going well. Next month when things settle down we can plan a walk through your beautiful neighborhood.

Howdy to everyone else!! Have a great sugar free day!

Is it safe to assume the 3 numbers you guys post are Starting weight / current weight / goal weight ? If not, that’s what MY numbers below are. <grin> I hope the Glucophage will help with the weight!

Sonya
209/208/150
Since 3/6/01

Old 04-10-2001, 09:16 AM   #37  

Default Good Tuesday Morning

Hi SB Buddies,

I am at work and have to start testing kids in a few minutes. This board has been busy for the past week, everyone is so motivated! Maybe it's the idea of summer coming that makes us want to do so much.

I don't have time to respond to everyone, things are happening so fast with Steve and marriage plans. After dating for two years, it's time to start moving...I know that. To answer some questions, he proposed in a very romantic, southern-gentleman way. We were at his house, and he did it right. That's about all I should probably say about that(!), except that I turned down his offer to go shopping for an engagement ring. I want a beautiful wedding ring, but would rather put the money from an engagement ring into a house down payment. I am not a jewelry person, but the wedding ring is very, very important to me. We both had bad endings to our first marriages, and starting over with each other is like a miracle. We will be married in late July or very early August, will give you more details later.
His daughter is getting married on June 2, so we are trying to avoid stepping on her toes.

Remind me not to invite the Spewer to my wedding, that is too funny...not to the people who were there, but I had to laugh.

My principal is coming around the corner, guess I'd better get to work. You are all keeping me motivated, somehow it is easier when I know others are out there trying to do the deal at the same time. Later!
Old 04-10-2001, 09:53 AM   #38  
Chatroom Oldie

Hey SB Gang!

Sounds like everybody is doing great! Tomorrow is weigh in right? Is there still a chat scheduled for tonight? If I can possibly get home in time from baseball practice I will try to get on and chat with you guys!

I don't see too many posting on the Exercise board? Is everybody moving?

Davenna - I am so proud of you!!!!!! What willpower!! You are giving this your all! I am so proud! Are you going to the doc's office tomorrow to weigh in or are you gonna wait another week and try to mess those noon time trains? hehe I will catch you on the phone afterwhile.

SB is going good - I think I'm staying OP pretty well (except for that donut attack on sunday). I am eating a lot of grilled meat and cooked vegetables. But I am gonna have to make some SF jello today - I find myself looking for something sweet in the afternoon and think that would help with the craving.

Everybody have a great SF day!

cathy
195/193/150
started 04-02-01
Old 04-10-2001, 10:00 AM   #39  
viv

Default a quickie...not

Hey ladies…

I really have to make this quick, so apologies for any typos – too much to say, too little time.

QUESTION – Does anyone know how the pill affects your weight, etc? Because when you go on the ltitle sugar pills, does you body THEN start retaining water, etc….I keep trying to figure this out but can’t.

I am totally 100 % OP and feeling much better, more in control. I’m trying not to weigh in for a while – between the weekend splurge and TOM I know it will not be nice to me – the negative feedback doesn’t motivate me. So it’s hidden under the bed!

BOB – I PROMISE at some point you won’t really want the nicotine anymore! It’s like chocolate – your brain knows you want it but your body doesn’t crave it. Does that make sense? You will be successful!!

Melf – that Salmon/Asparagus casserole sounds yum…I’ll have to go and check the recipe. My deck is passable again so I’m going to start grilling more!

Frog – cantaloupe paint sounds so cute!My decorator is coming over tomorrow – I am totally unmotivated about my bedroom, which is the last room I really need to “DO” – she’ll motivate me with a plan that I can implement over time – fun working that way and it helps having another professional perspectie in there. The cost is VERY reasonable and it makes a difference for me when my brain is just too full to be creative.Good luck at your Checkup, don’t faint this time!

Cheri – I know just how you feel after going off plan. I felt awful – so bloated, etc. I think this time it motivated me never to go off like that again, so think of it as a positive experience that you have learned from – that’s what I’m trying to do.Good luck at your new job – what are you doing now?

Glory – how was the SF candy? I’ve stayed away from it because I wasn’t sure about the sugar alcohol, etc. Let me know.

Kimmi – I’m thinking of you and your family. Funerals are soooo sad – here’s a hug from me ((()))

Deb – Hm, that’s interesting about Rodale. I used to buy their books a lot, when I had a Prevention subscr., then I got kinda suspicious about them – they publish so many books with so many different tunes about weight loss – even the mag does that. Keep us posted on any response you get (fyi I have not heard back from Parade mag, nor the newspaper gal, but I will keep on the newspaper gal, kinda thankful for NOT another thing to do for now). Oy,a t Passover I had sweet kugel, harosis (?), tasted all the desserts, at matzoh and more. I was a bad girl but that’s over with. I havenot touched the kids candy but am instead coming up with creative ways to get rid of it!
Rodeo - Good for you, resisting temptation and staying OP! This weekend and vacation were my first slip ups in almost two months, so I can’t beat myself up too much. Now you know that you can do it too!

Ann – hope you’re feeling better. Thanks for the card, that was so nice of you!

Lisa – welcome to SB! It takes a while to get your head in synch with the feel of the program, but it does get there – just read the thread, ask ?s, and you will get there. My gosh, I have a 10 yo son too (and a 6 yo) and I cannot imagine the heartbreak and pain you must have felt when you were given his diagnosis. I am so glad he is in remission now – it is amazing how much medical technology has progressed – I’m grateful we live in this day and age, not 50 years ago when so much less was known to take care of these diseases. Keep us posted on his continued good health!

Sol – I know how you feel about posting – if I know I’m going to do a long one, I open up a word doc, then write on that, copy it and paste it to the thread after refreshing it. It doesn’t take much longer and ensures your posts don’t get lost! Curious, why do you live in Orlando if your families are not there? Was it a job thing or the sunshine? Would y ou believe I’ve never tasted a Krispy Kreme? I MUST know what all the fuss is about!!

Ok, gotta go and work. Keep up the good work to all!

Viv
Simsbury, CT
146/135/?/128/?
Feb 5, 2001
Old 04-10-2001, 10:41 AM   #40  

Good Tuesday morning to all. Thank goodness, I am starting to see the "light at the end of the tunnel". My cough is less violent. I think the green goobs are gone. Head is still some congested, but hey, I can deal. Now, I haven't posted on exercise board because - ummmmm - I haven't been exercising (2 weeks now) I wasn't about to while coughing and hocking. I may have slung a lung I am going to hop on the trusty TM morning morning and see how I endure.

I am going to share what I consider a Tuesday Tip.... For those of you like me who have no children, just DH and I. Mind you, DH has NO weight problems etc, and on top of that a picky, picky eater. So, at night when cooking I try to make enough extra servings, especially of the vegs, so i am less likely to get side-tracked for lunch during the week. The extra servings will also come in handy some nights when I may be tired and can easily nuke and chow down on legit food
Old 04-10-2001, 11:03 AM   #41  

Default Long time and all that Jazz...

Just checking in after a long absence. I need to re-focus and get back on track. It seems that if I get the sugar under control, I start craving triciuts or wasa bread! I'll have to monitor this.

to all the losers... hApPy DaNcE!

to all the gainers/maintainers...hang in there (i need the company)

to those getting over an illness... be patience & drink water!

And thanks to all who write on this board for your inspration.

Jan
Old 04-10-2001, 11:24 AM   #42  
VR

Just stopping by with a quick note.. I want to go back a few days to catch up on the "posts" but haven't had the time as yet.

Took my brother to the San Jose Airport yesterday afternoon (he's from Folson, CA - not the prison!). He's on the way to Paris to meet up with his wife and daughter. His daughter (my niece) ran a marathon over the weekend (in Paris) - 26 miles in 4hrs, 28min. Debbie, we should have you ready for that by next year!! We'll pool our money together and send you.

BOB: I found those Tea Tree Toothpicks at a store called Simply Australian in Olympia, WA.. My brother (another one - I have four) is flying here from Lacey, WA in a week so he is bringing some with him. There is an Australian store close by but they did not have the toothpicks. Thanks again for the suggestion.

I have two glasses of water under my belt so far this morning. I have promised myself to be "diligent" about my water intake. It is such an easy thing, why do we have such a hard time getting at least 8 glasses down??

Gotta run but will check in later. Looks like it will be a nice day!!
Old 04-10-2001, 12:08 PM   #43  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Default Salad Break

Just popping in during lunch.

VIV - Glad to hear your back OP and feeling in control. That's the best feeling! I skip those little green pills. Since they're placebos I just don't take any pills again until it's time to start the new pack. I do still gain water, though. I was born and raised in Starkville, MS (Home of the MSU BULLDOGS!!). My dad said I could go to any college I wanted to, but if I went to another SEC school he would disown me. He said if I went to MSU he would pay for it. Guess where I went to school? <grin> Now I'm a die hard maroon and white bleeding alumni, but at 21 years old I couldn't WAIT to move to a BIG CITY and AWAY from my mom and dad! I wanted to go where no one knew who my parents were and start my OWN life. (I think my ego had gotten a little too big for Starkville - I knew it all then and now I don't remember forgetting it.) I had a friend here so I came to Orlando, found a job and moved.....Well, 10 years later I'm married and we've both got very good jobs that we love and have made it our home. My parents love coming down to shop in Winter Park and eat at the nice restaurants.

MARGARET - I know what you mean about the jewelry. I'm not a jewelry person either. I had my stone put on a very simple band for our engagement and then had a very plain gold band for my wedding ring while we got my custom wedding ring made. Vince and I have matching custom designed wedding bands. His has 3 diamonds diagonally down the middle and so do I, but my middle diamond is the larger diamond from my engagement ring. So now I don't have an engagement ring and wedding band, but my one wedding band that matches Vince's. It's perfect for us. I can't wait to hear what you pick out!

CATHY - I'm still battling the sweet cravings, too. We bought the SB ice cream and have a little of that when I'm dying for something sweet. I haven't looked at the SF jello and pudding, but that's what I ate when I was on Weight Watchers. I think I still have a bunch in the pantry. I'm embarrased to say that I have been very slack in the exercise department. I got behind at work and have been coming in at my work-out time and working instead of walking. I plan to be able to post tomorrow though! Thanks for the nudge!

JANCAN - Nice ta meetcha!

VERONICA - We gotta start somewhere on that water - way to go! I'm almost to my 1/2 way point on my gallon. Yeah!! I fixed a couple of hot green teas today and that helped a little with getting it down, I think.

Back to work!
Old 04-10-2001, 12:27 PM   #44  
viv

Default Balsamic?

Hey Girls, I was reading the recipe thread and noticed Balsamic Vinegar in some of the recipes - isn't there sugar in Balsamic, and if so, is there little enough NOT to be an issue for us?
Old 04-10-2001, 12:39 PM   #45  
VR

Viv: I think (if I remember correctly) that the Balsamic vinegar is treated as you would any salad dressing within the 1 - 2 carb per serving.. The beauty of Balsamic vinegar is that it only takes a little bit......... Don't take my Balsamic away... I love it. If you read the recipe I put on the board for Primavera Salad, I forgot sliced red onions!

Deb: Correct me if I'm wrong about Balsamic.. thanks
Closed Thread