Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Appoximately, how much fiber do you get on a daily basis?
FIBER? Isn't that the stuff in your dryer's lint trap? 0 0%
I know I get some, but how much is a mystery to me! 19 54.29%
Less than 10 grams of fiber. 0 0%
10-20 grams 9 25.71%
20-25 grams 3 8.57%
The recommended 25-35 grams 2 5.71%
35+grams! No dookie problems here! 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 06:15 PM   #91  
viv

Default An Idea/Request

Hi Guys!

AS I scramble to put together an OP dinner I was wondering...
What if we all tossed an OP, no brainer dinner type meal onto the recipe thread at some point? I have a couple that I could throw on - if we all did there would be a good amount to choose from. Simple dishes that don't make you feel like you're eating another grilled breast of chicken with veggies? Possibly kid friendly, but not necessarily, becaause there is no way to please all the kids!
Anyone game? I'll post a few tomorrow from work. Since i have no brain lately and still need to feed myself and my family, I can use all the hlep I can get!

Thanks guys!
Viv
Old 04-11-2001, 06:36 PM   #92  

Default Hello from Me!

I have a really happy day, but am I tired! I think the weekend has finally caught up with me, or the Zyrtec (Doc changed me to it yesterday) is making me SLEEPY! But the allergy symps are better so I'll take the relief!

Besides a happy WIW loss, I have GOOD NEWS from the doc. My bad (ldl) cholesterol is down 68 points to give me a total cholesterol of 218 (hdl stayed the same). Wonderful doc had the person who called me to really praise me for the effort which also made me feel great!

For those of you who were around or who remember the arguement between me and MIL at New Year's regarding an arguement that was sparked by a conversation regarding weight loss and this WOE: Her comment that got that arguement rolling was related to how much cheese she saw me eating and whay that would do to "her" (meaning "me" and not her at all) cholesterol... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH... Well, I'd like for the former nurse to know what this WOE did to my cholesterol - 68 points in 6 months. Put that in your pipe and it! BTW we still aren't speaking unless I answer the phone when she calls to ask for my husband. That's life.

I am about to go recline on the couch and have a little post work siesta.

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAD A SUCCESSFUL WIW

Peace,
Frog
Old 04-11-2001, 06:48 PM   #93  

Hi all-

Mel...I buy Pepperidge Farm SGWW and Pepperidge Farm Dark Pumpernickel. I have been eating them all along and have lost consistently. I am convinced different ppl react to different foods, but for me its been fine! Also, look for WW tortillas. I LOVE these. You could put practically anything in them!! They're wonderful!Have you ever tried making homemade ww pasta with a pasta machine? It is soooooo much better than store bought. Much lighter, and not hard to make at all. Just a bit time consuming. If you have kids, they would probably like to help!

Ashley
Old 04-11-2001, 06:50 PM   #94  
VR

Frog: That is great news! Hope you frame the results for when your MIL comes around.

Viv: I think that is a great idea regarding some dinner ideas. Always looking for something different!

We're having a birthday dinner tonight - my stepson (31 yo).. New York steaks on the Bar-b-q, Asparagus, baked potatoes on Bar-b-que (sweet for me) and Orange Almond salad (romaine, green onions, mandarin oranges, toasted sliced almonds and a great taragon dressing)... Pleeeeeeeeease don't ask about B-day cake because it's his birthday not mine, had no choice except not to eat a piece. Your prayers will be greatly appreciated.

Deb: Have you heard from Fruitloupe aka: Missy or Tired aka: Georgina. Just wondering how they are doing.
Old 04-11-2001, 06:52 PM   #95  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

There it goes again-long post, totally gone! There is something I hit at the bottom of the keyboard that just wiped EVERYTHING I so lovingly and patiently wrote out to you all-needless to say, I am pist!!!!

Okay, lets just start this all over again and see what I can remember....

Didn't do much today outside my house. Trying to get things cleaned up while Eli is gone. Worked on my bedroom, which isn't so bad, though I still have to vacuum, but my closet and bathroom are going to be a job. Bathroom always has tons of my locks on the floor, wish they were still on my head! My closet looks like a store, clothing and gift, and there's lots of things I tend to throw in there and worry about later, and later is now.

I've been writing down what I've eaten today, just to see how I am doing-so far, so good. I do see a trend finally when I look at my Weight Commander Program. I know I go up mid-cycle and when I get my period, but there's no set pattern there, but I do see one where I go up and down 3 times in a row and then drop and then repeat the process all over again. If this holds true, I should be BELOW my lowest weight between April 20-22 - lets see how my predictions hold! My patience usually pays off.

There is something with me and Dr.s! Besides yesterday's events, today I got a call from the new GYN I have an appt to see on Monday, which I made about 6 weeks ago-he is going to be out of town and had to cancel my appt. Now, I have to wait until May 14th! Now you can se why I HATE going to Dr.s' And after yesterday, I am changing my primary Dr., hoping the next one has a better managed office.

Eli called this morning-he took it easy today, but should be having fun this evening in downtown Montreal. Gosh, how I wish I would of gone!! He's going to have a nice time, his brother is coming in from Nova Scotia area (I think), and I'm really happy for him. I know he's being spoiled in the food department-his sister is a wonderful cook!

To contact Winnie to be interviewed, please e-mail her at [email protected]

ROSALIE, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so thrilled you had a loss this week-how I'm rooting for you and those next 2lbs to come off quickly, and to stay off!!! Thanks for that wonderful explanation of Thai Chi. I had visions of you as Bruce Lee! It sounds relaxing. You amaze me with all you do and the new things you are willing to try. With the cold weather and snow you have, it seems nothing keeps you from going and doing, and I think that is wonderful!!! Gosh, I'm just dying to see a picture of you-when are you going to post one???

MELF, I agree with you about getting out there being hard. Once I'm out, I'm happy about pushing myself. I'm afraid as it's now dark in the mornings that will be harder. To be "up" about going out in the dark is not going to be easy, plus the fact that in the daylight I have to dodge cars, imagine it with being dark, and me wearing all black! I guess I better find some batteries for this little strobe light I attach to my belt, easier for the cars to find me! I hope your tootsies are feeling better so you can walk tomorrow!! Congrats on people paying you compliments-I get them as well, I just have to learn how to take them graciously now, without giving a negative comment back. Those lovely blisters came from new shoes, which always happens when I get some. I pad the worst one, but it seems that my foot movements just slide it off the site and it gets worse-try, try again tomorrow! Don't worry about being up, it's not from what you age, trust me on that one, not unless you've been having a 500 calorie free-for-all each day this week. It just happens-it will go down-look at me, I'm living proof of that each month!

AMSER, Congrats on your loss this week!!! Sorry, no help from me with the launry-I have piles of my own I want to ignore. Sounds like you had a full day yesterday, despite still feeling not up to par. Glad to hear you got out and did a small walk, I like being outside better than a TM, except when it rains, than I wish I had a TM!!

HALL, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! Please let us know a little more about you, and when you get the chance, please post your BIO on our BIO BOARD. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have, we're all eager to help!! Again, WELCOME!!!

FROG, CONGRATS!! Another wonderful loss under your belt!!! Hey congrats on the Dr. visit going well too-lucky you don't have one like mine!! I was interested in knowing your cholesterol-thanks for sharing your results, and that's wonderful news that it went down! Sharon went to the Dr. the other day and she's never had a chol. problem ever, and it was over 200 this time. She wonders if SB has anything to do with it and I told her I couldn't imagine it did. So, seeing your numbers and knowing others numbers is helpful. I did find an article that says stress can raise your chol. numbers, which may be her problem right now.

QUILTER, congrats again on being in control in a situation where there was wonderful and delicious foods around and not making it a license to act as it was a free-for-all-that's great self-control!! Hope things are back to normal up there, didn't hear anything on the news down here.

RHROO, good luck at your Dr. visit tomorrow-planning on stepping on their scale?? Find anything interesting at the HFS??

SOL, CONGRATS!!!! Yeah, 3.5 lbs is awesome!!! You must be thrilled!!! I can just imagine you moving the scale around!! I'll e-mail you a list of breakfast ideas if I haven't done so in the past. I don't always have protein in the mornings, but you could do cottage cheese, which is good. How about veggie sausages? We have a Jewish saying "al evi" (? on Spelling-maybe VIV knows the right way), anyway, it means "from your mouth to G-d's ears", or maybe in this case, from your post to G-d! It should only be I am down 4lbs next week-I'd be thrilled!!! I hope I find a nice Dr. like you have, it's like finding a needle in a haystack-hoping my father may recognize a name or two of some of the potential Dr.s that I have to pick from as being decent (he works in a hospital). Oh, popcorn, definite no-no Anything derived from corn is off limits-sorry.

VIV, okay, so the FL trip is behind you and the motivation to lose the weight for the trip is gone. You have to get motivated to do it for yourself, not for any upcoming event, just for YOU! Sorry, I can't help you with the OP dinners, my family rarely likes anything I make, and being that I hate to cook...but others may help you on this one!!!

CATHY2, Congrats on your loss this week!!!

FILLISE, I too was brutally honest, and I too am up, so join the elite crowd! You know the ritual, stay true to plan, it's only water/hormones/dookie-it will go back down! WOW, traveling again-you must be racking up those frequent flier miles!!! Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip and enjoy the holiday with your family.

MARGARET, Congrats on your loss-2.5lbs-way to go. What's the total now???

MAABLES, I just started making WW pasta one day, before I even started SB and found it just tasted better. I could never eat it plain, but with something on it, I really don't taste anything that I'd say didn't taste good. Just like you learn to live without the sugar, you'll learn to like WW pasta. The Ezekeil bread should be available at most HFS, I know it's available nationwide, otherwise, you can try the SF bread that many people eat, I think it's by the Flower's Bakery, will try to get the name for you later if no one else knows it.

RODEO, glad you are checking in-always nice to see a post even if you don't have time to respond to others, just to let us know you are still around.

ANNELIZ, of course you are welcomed back, with open arms!!! Glad to have you back on the board. You'll get back to where you were in no time, don't you worry. You and BIGORANGE have a lot in common, she's on day 10 of no smoking!! Maybe you can try to quit smoking again with her help and support!!!

SPARKLE, congrats on your pound. I don't count my WI weight after walking, it's sorta cheating for me as I'm always 1 pound less after I walk-more so in the summers when it's hotter and I sweat more, I can easily be down 2lbs!

VR, now you know why I haven't strayed from this WOE, if I did, I felt I could never get back on plan-but many people do, and I'm sure you will be able to do so-just think of how badly you really want to get to goal, and keep that in mind. Nope, haven't heard from any of them. I'm sure they lurk on the boards, at least a few of them, maybe they'll come back one day.

Hmmm, I had an idea-actually, I mentioned this long ago, but no one either read it, or thought much about doing it. I'd love to have the opportunity to actually TALK to you. Would anyone be willing to download a free program onto their computer where you can speak to anyone, anywhere around the world even, for FREE? If I have it and you have it, we can talk to each other through the computer, even while you are doing something on the computer. Let me know if anyone has any interest-I'd love to gab with any of you!!!!

Okay, kids are complaining of hunger, so I'm gonig to run and slap some grub on the table for them.

I'll check in with you all later. Please remember, TOMORROW IS RECIPE THURSDAY!!! If you have any SB legal recipes you'd like to share with the board, please try to post them tomorrow!!

Debbie
194/134/129
Miami, FL
SB since 3/22/00

Last edited by Debelli; 04-11-2001 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-11-2001, 06:52 PM   #96  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default DAY 10....NO SMOKEY FOR BOB!!!

EVENING EVERYBUDDY

OK BOB WAS WRONG....I haven't gained 4.5 lbs.....I've gained NONE according to the monster thirty minutes ago....I'm still up, but I guess one should never weigh on some one elses scales!
Now, BOB is NOT HAPPY about the gain, but you know what????? For once, I'm listening to Rhonda! I'm not going to worry about anything and concentrate on my smoking...I've gone too far to start that again. I just will be careful of what I put in my mouth during this transition....and BOB promises to get back on that wagon just as soon as I get over the hump..
figure about two more weeks...that will be a month

BOB
Old 04-11-2001, 07:01 PM   #97  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default OOPS...I FORGOT...

Here is the way I fix my beans... Remember, I use a pressure cooker...Gator will have to tell you about cooking on top of the stove...

4lbs fresh green beans (I use Pole beans, but if you can get white half runners, use them)
2 pkgs WILEYS
two tbs canola oil

After stringing your beans, put them in the sink and wash them with cold water. Put them in the pressure cooker by double hand fulls. (shake the excess water)
Put your seasoning in and then the oil drizzled over the top.
After the pressure builds in the cooker and "pops off", turn your heat down to medium and cook for twenty minutes.
Let the pressure off and boil the water down. You're going to be surprised how much is in there...especially after you didn't add any extra at all!

Maybe Gator will tell you how she fixes hers...the old fashioned way would be the best, but I've never cooked them that way...only in the pressure cooker.
Old 04-11-2001, 07:08 PM   #98  
VR

Deb: It's "Oy Vey"........... Got it from a bottle of Soy Vay Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing.
When Jewish Boy meets Chinese Girl......... great products but lot o' sugar!
Old 04-11-2001, 07:09 PM   #99  

Hi everyone!

Well, I was afraid to get back on the scales and I was right. I weighed in this morning at 278.5. That is 5.5 pounds gained. OH MY GAWD!!! I'll never never never do that again. It took me forever to lose that. Anyway...

This is grocery shopping time, my cupboard and fridge are bare... it's SB legal stuff only!! AND... my ankle feels so much better, I am walking again tomorrow. I will start back a little slower, at least until I know what my ankle will feel like. Someone suggested Alieve. I will buy some and give it a try. THANKS!!

Someone asked about the taste of WW pasta. I haven't eaten much pasta, but a few weeks ago I tried the ww pasta with some homemade sauce and I really thought it tasted good. It seemed to have more "body" and it filled my up faster too.

Kim: I am glad you made it home safely. I saw on the tv about the riots and wondered how you were. Be careful. These kinds of things seem to escalate out of control.

Ann: It sounds like you are starting to feel better. Sometimes after being sick it takes a while to get back to normal. I'm glad that you are able to rest when you feel that lack of energy. Hang in there. Soon you'll be back out there kicking up the dust, getting your gardening done, racing your dh around the table

Vicci: Welcome! Yes you are right. You have come to the right place. You will get TONS of support here.

Chris: Your dinner sounds good. Oh and I think that if I stood totally naked in the middle of a crowded locker room ... well we don't even want to go to that place. It would NOT BE A GOOD THING !!!! But I'm totally happy that you're down a pound

Frog: Glad your visit with the Dr was good. I wish that I could have gotten on to chat. Tried from 9:15 to 9:30. I was able to get into the chat room twice but no one was there. I came back again a couple of times and received an error notice. Congratulations on your 2.5 pound loss

Debbie: Hope that your blister gets better soon. I don't know how you can keep on walking with that repeated rubbing. I should be able to get back out and walk tomorrow. My ankle feels much better today.

Rhonda: I know how you feel about dreading those scales. I put some distance between them and me for a few days. Thought maybe this morning I could of at least sweated off a pound from pure fright no such luck. Hang in there, we're all together in this.

SolShine: Your "Geek Pasta" sounds really yummy. I can't wait to try it. Congratulations on your 3.5 pound loss.

Ann: Congratulations on your 1/2 pound loss. You are over half way there.

Viv: Sorry you're having a bad day. Take it one day at a time and it'll be better in no time at all.

Mary: Loved your attachment. That's the way I feel first thing in the morning. Can't even get my eyes opened for a while

Cathy: Congratulations on your 2 pound loss. Keep up the good work.

Marie: Down 2 pounds!! That's wonderful.

Susan: I know what you mean about the water retention. As soon as the weather warms up, I swell up like a balloon. The doctor prescribes a water pill to me, but I haven't been to the dr in about 6 months. So I will have to make sure that I too drink about a gallon of water a day. I have a really hard time breathing when I retain water like that.

Margaret: Congratulations on your 2.5 pound loss. That's terrific.

Mel: I buy Ezekiel Bread at the HFS. It's a heavy kind of bread and I think tastes best when toasted. There are other SGWW breads out there though with under 2 g of suger per serving. I haven't found the ww pitas. I want to find them to make SB legal pizza.

Daveena: Glad to hear that you are still op. I know that you won't be disappointed by following this woe. There are just too many successes here for us not to believe that this is the way to go.

Anneliz: Welcome back. It sounds like you've been under quite a bit of stress lately. This group of women are truely motivating.

BOB: I am so happy for you for the way you have taken control and not smoked. I know that it is a very difficult thing to do, but you are well on your way now. You'll get back to this woe and then you will feel so good. Hang in there. We are all supporting you 100%

I hope that I didn't miss anyone. You all have a great day. I hope everyone continues to have success after success with this woe.

Cheri
287/278.5 /145

Last edited by cheri45; 04-11-2001 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-11-2001, 07:09 PM   #100  
Everyday angel

Hello lovely loser ladies!

So encouraging to see all the results this WIW. I tried to get into the chat too, although it was only 3:15 here in Hawaii and I was at work. Thought I would just check it out. But I got that “just sits there” thing.

Thank you to everyone who shared information about eating fruit alone. I am so happy that I can ask a question and people take the time to answer so thoroughly. I mainly eat strawberries and berries anyway so I don’t think it will be much of a problem. Besides I have the digestive powers of an ox.

Fillise I’ll bet you looked GREAT in your skort! You’ve come so far toward you goal, you are really amazing.

SolShine I’m glad my screaming did some good! It only took me one time losing a post that I’d spent my entire lunch hour writing before I learned “save as you go.” (DEBBIE!) Your “geek pasta” sounds good! I’ll give it a try when you post the recipe.

Margaret, loved the details on the proposal! You guys are really considerate to give the limelight to his daughter even thought you have to keep your happiness to yourself!

I don’t think I could throw away ice cream either, like your friend does. Used to be, if there was chocolate candy in the house my ENTIRE attention was focused on it until it was gone. That’s why I can’t handle chocolate. Ice cream was almost as bad, but I did train myself to save it until Saturday once. The ice cube idea is SO MUCH BETTER though! No distorting the truth there! (“I ONLY had half a cup!” )

Cathy Beachfan/Anna and Viv glad you’re OP and doing GREAT!

Ann thanks for the Tuesday tip. I try to make extra serving too, like if I’m cooking something I’ll go ahead and cook up the whole thing. One night I just cooked up all the meat in the fridge at once and it really helped me with bringing lunches that week.

JanCan nice to hear from you. About the carb cravings, are you eating enough “good” carbs? I was doing low carb before sugarbusters and found that I couldn’t control my cravings. but this month I made it through that “monster” time of month with flying colors!

Veronica I’m so impressed with your niece! That is 6 miles per hour mile after mile!!!! My goal BEFORE I didn’t train for the marathon in Dec was 6 hours, which I now view as overly ambitious. I DID finish though, in 9:22 despite not training as much as I planned to.

Annette, I like to bike too and I like skating better. It puts NO stress on the joints (except when you fall ahem) so should be great for those who have problems walking. Of course there is a period of adjustment but I am the clumsiest person I know so. I taught myself, slowly, but I would highly recommend taking classes. Over here, Nike offers them on Wednesday nights. Look in the paper. BTW I bike to and from work 6 days a week, a total of about 30 minutes a day, but I don’t count that in my hour of cardio ‘cause I don’t want to have to rush.

maables, over here in Hawaii we have this wonderful thing we call “shavice” (shaved ice) which is like a snow cone but better. The ice is very fine and there are more flavors than you can shake a stick at. Plus it comes with ice cream, sweet beans and many other add-ons. Well I’ve managed to keep away from this delectable confection for months and have never seen any sugar free flavors. I’ve been thinking of making my own syrup with Splenda and asking for a plain cone. Hmmm.

Rhonda You are so close to your goal that I hate to see you losing it. I think if you are eating so fast you’re not tasting your food, there is something that you’re not dealing with in your life. This is quite a leap of logic but it’s something I sense. Recovery is a two-legged (at least ) process: physical and emotional. And it happens in leaps or straggles sometimes, not always a straight line. As long as you’re “on-track” MOST of the time you’ll get there! Good luck!

Lisa, some diet pills can be dangerous if you have heart problems, are older, or have other medical conditions. Especially if you add caffeine to the mix. However, that’s not the main problem I have with them. I have been on high and low doses of a caffeine/ephedra "fat burner" for many months. The pills did give me extra energy but the minute I didn't take them I was literally unable to function. First I got off the pills which was murder. I couldn’t focus on any task for three days. After I started Sugarbusters and working out for an hour a day, I can honestly say that my energy levels are WAY higher than ever before on the pills and I'm losing weight too!

If you are eating the right kind of food and exercising regularly you don't need any supplements except for your basic vitamin pill. However, it seems to provide a psychological boost to some people to shell out bucks for fancy pills.

You are eating WAY TOO LITTLE if that is your typical day. You will lose weight at first, but in time, you will either “lose willpower” and eat too much (it has nothing to do with willpower, it’s your body adjusting to famine conditions) or your body will gear up for a long period of starvation and halt your weight loss. Remember that humans have adapted to uncertain food supplies for millions of years. We are exquisitely designed to conserve fat when we get too little food and we can’t fool our bodies! My personal trainer told me that for young, active people, less than 1800 calories a day will slow weight loss and inhibit muscle building.

I did the 8 mile Great Aloha Run in February and because I took the fat burner pills I wasn’t hungry. I ate only a salad the day before and nothing in the morning. Needless to say I almost died. So much better to listen to my body instead of inhibiting the signals with chemicals.

I’m telling you all these things from personal experience not from a moral viewpoint. I have been on the pills and I know the natural way is better. But if that’s what you need to get started....

StarChaser, good job on the walking! I know what you mean about attitude adjustment. My boss, who is not known for tact, told me that I have become an all around happier, better and more pleasant person since I have lost weight! And it’s really true. Because I’m making all kinds of emotional progress too.

Debbie, I really admire your 100% commitment and think my comments came across badly. So please accept my humble apology (deep Oriental bow). I think your idea of reaching goal weight with a “cushion” and then incorporating some treats is an excellent one. That way you know you won’t avoid certain things FOREVER.

My comments came out of a fear that I have had from my earliest dieting experience, and that was EARLY, which is that once I take ONE bite of something I have cheated and failed and might as well give up. When I was 16 I went on my first serious “diet” and after eating 300 calories a day for a month I was maybe 20 pounds lighter. Big whoop for the pain that I went through. I ate all my fingernails and even my scabs because I was so freaking hungry. I would sit at my desk at school and be able to think of nothing but eating....anything.

I think the actual breaking point was a chocolate covered wafer cookie. I remember thinking, it’s all over. Then, a few days later, and I’ll never forget this, at a party my friend’s mom make something called “frog eye salad” which is like ambrosia with little pasta balls in it. Well my mother took home the leftovers and naturally, I gave in and ate them. So the next day my friend, who was a size 18 at 5’0”, did our usual pulling through the Dairy Queen drive through to get chocolate dipped ice cream cones. I told her I didn’t want one. She said, “Don’t be stupid. Your Mom told me you gobbled up ALL the frog-eye salad.” And proceeded to order a cone for me. I was so ashamed and guilty that of course I ate the cone. From there I gained 70 pounds so fast it makes my head spin.

So I made a promise to myself that if I do slip slightly, I am STILL in recovery, I am still following a sugar free lifestyle, I am still a wonderful and beautiful woman. But where do I draw the line? Denial is a very subtle thing. So I realize the need to be cautious. I’ve been avoiding putting creamer in my coffee but yesterday I couldn’t stand it anymore and put in two spoons with some Splenda. Does that mean I’ve cheated? I don’t think so but.....when I re-read my journal entry from when I did the run Feb 19, I was amazed at how nicely I rationalized away eating three cups of SF ice cream because I ran and because I was sick after the run.

It’s a fine line.....I think you’re doing great and your enthusiasm and commitment is truly contagious!!!

Cheri good luck on the new job! sounds great!

Rosalie/Marie, french fries are awfully tempting. I am amazed at how many I used to eat...at least 4 times a week. Now I don’t really miss them at all. I think my commitment to give up fried potato products was the REAL beginning of my commitment to Sugarbusters.

Orange, KEEP UP THE STELLAR PROGRESS!!!

Rapture, I’ve been adding wheat bran to just about everything for fiber. It does have carbs, but has a high percentage of fiber and costs like $.30 a silo at the health food store. You can add it to oatmeal, bread etc. Also you might want to up your veggies.

Melf/Mary, I can’t BELEIVE you bayou gals have never heard of COWBOY MOUTH! If you EVER get a chance to see them in person, jump on it! It was quite the spiritual experience and I’m quite lucky I got to see them here in the Pacific Wilds.

Hall354 WELCOME!

Froggie, wow I’m impressed with your loss this week! And your cholesterol.

As you can tell I’m way running out of steam here toward the end. What a lot of posts! (Whew) Lunch hour QUITE over.

I did 1.5 miles this morning, was running LATE and wanted to do something before the dreaded scale moment. I was feeling really dizzy and short of breath for some odd reason so I started off at 5 mph but ended up doing a mile at 6.2 mph again! But I felt sick after...didn’t have enough carbs last night to run. I’ve got to keep up the running both for my weight and to get faster on the skates....trying to keep my cardio as varied as possible.

CONGRATS to all the losers, holders and those who are working hard but who have unfair scales!

Love,

Chris
Old 04-11-2001, 07:23 PM   #101  

Hi everyone

Not much time to post. I am going walking with a friend at 7p.m. I tried to post earlier and couldn't

I'm down 4 pounds this week but remember that I had gained the same amount when I went to my conference. So I am back where I started. I'm going to try and lose 5 more pounds so I have a bigger cushion than before! I've really gotten back into the swing of eating less and eating right and walking every day. I feel so much better!

Deb: You will get to goal soon. Just remember to CHANGE something to break that cycle. Whether it is upping your calories or changing your excercise. Anything will help. I know you don't like the idea of eating more for one week then cutting back...but it really does work.

Rhoo: On the ice cream cravings. I won't let myself eat it in the house but I will have a sugar free frozen yogurt when I just have to have that creamy sweet stuff. By leaving the house I cut out the chance that I will keep eating it and binge. Also, I think with ice cream, cookies, candy etc. those are my trigger foods and by even allowing myself to have one taste, I run the risk of eating way too much. You can do this and I am thinking of you.

VR: Glad you are doing well and back on the board. I missed you and know that you will quickly drop!

Rosalie: Congrats on the 201 mark. I think when you get to the 190's the weight will come off quicker. That is what I found.

Viv: How are the kids? Your run in with the candy is so typical. I LOVE m&ms and really have a hard time resisting them!

BOB: Glad you are still off the cigs. Honestly I would rather see you gain weight than smoke. You can start again on the weight loss but the smoking is just so so bad....(speaking as the daughter of parents who died too early in life due to cancer)

Glory: Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!

Annelize: Welcome BACK. You were missed.

Gator: Are you out there???

Vicci: Was it you from Brandon Mississippi! I can't pull up the previous post so I'm not sure of your name, but WELCOME from one Southern girl to another!

Everyone Else have a great day...gotta go walk.

Anna
222/138/140

Everyone else. I just don't have much time but I am thinking of you.
Old 04-11-2001, 07:24 PM   #102  
Everyday angel

Forgot to add, it's just the most incredible feeling to be sitting here wearing SIZE 10 pants, and they are actually BAGGY!

Old 04-11-2001, 07:59 PM   #103  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Quick post before JC Superstar-I love that play and the movie, I must of seen it a couple dozen times!

BOB, hmmm, so are you up or down, didn't quite get that. Don't worry about it, you know the scale will go down, quitting smoking is more important right now, at least you haven't thrown all caution to the wind-right? Okay, this is a stupid question, I don't string the beans when I make them, why do we need to do this-ugh, another cooking step!

CHERI, I've been up 4-5 pounds in the past, don't worry about it, there's no possible way that's a fat gain-it will come down. I keep telling myself this over and over again! So, now I get to tell you-hey, at least I share!!! Glad your ankle is better enough for you to get out there-I'll be thinking about you in the am!

SPARKLE, my Mother would NEVER think of throwing away ice cream, that's like committing a crime in her book! We are all ice cream lovers!
I can relate to your early diet experiences. When I was 16, I went on the liquid protein diet. My Mom, who loves to bake, would bake delicious things and I would take a piece/slice of whatever it was and put it in the freezer. One day, don't remember what made me do it, but I finally gave into temptation and raided the freezer, eating EVERYTHING I had saved for weeks, if not months. Needless to say, I gained all I had lost back and much more! Also, since I wasn't eating much, if anything, I looked so sick! Continue doing things your way, everyone has to deal with this in their own way-you'll be fine!!!!

BEACH, thanks for the advice. I kept a food journal today, hoping that it may give me some insight, but I doubt it, I pretty much keep things in line. Hmmm, maybe I need to do some step aerobics, or something else-but I love my walking!!! Hope you had a good walk this evening!

Here's a quick rundown of what I ate today:

1/2 cup plain yogurt with a little sweetener & lemon extract
1 sl EZ bread
smear of butter
7.4oz asian pear
1 sl SF bread
4 slices very thing Louis Rich turkey
4 sl SF low-fat bacon
1oz 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese
1/2 c Fiber One
1/2 c calcium enriched milk
2.5 ounce chicken breast
2 SF lemon cookies
4 ounce extra calcium cottage cheese
4.5 ounce sweet potato
3 ounce lamb shoulder

So, I'd like to see what you all think about my intake. It's more than I usually eat, but wanted to make sure I was eating enough, so I kept track. Any guesses???? I have everything written down, and all my numbers, but would like to see your thoughts

Gotta run!

Later all!

Debbie
194/134/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 04-11-2001, 08:00 PM   #104  

Default wow, lots of posts!

Hello everyone! Geez, I just counted how many people posted yesterday and today and there were 26! We sure are busy bees.

Rap: Try broccoli with cheese for fiber - yummy!

Deb: You really should take care of your feets! I ruined mine teaching aerobics Many MOOns ago! I could not get on chat either... hmmm

Beach: 130's, you goddess you!!!

Rose: thanks for the fruit info and congrats on the 2 lbs. I read a really good fruit recipe on sweetsense - take an apple with skin cut up and pour sugarfree syrup over it and bake for 40 minutes. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds good!

BigO: You go girl with your smoke freeness! How is the weather there? It is great here -not much humidity yet.

Melf: Working 12 hours on Easter - poor baby! What a cool thing to have the dr. and the beautician notice the weight loss! thx for the welcome back.

Quilter: Glad to hear you are safe and sound and home. I had not read about the riot... I worry about you!

Barb: Hi sweetie, I haven't got my lecture yet for my wagon dive!!

Rhoo: The relay for life - you are so brave and I am impressed with your motivation!

Lisa: I am not on diet pills because I get really irritable, does it affect you that way? Sounds like you need to eat more fiber and protein.

Sol: I forgot to tell you, I loved your goals, and I have many of the same! I have had people ask me about being pregnant many times too. Congrats on your 3.5!

Rodeo: I love deer sausage and jerky! The ONLY thing I miss about my ex-husband is his hunting abilities..

Cheri: Congrats on the new job!

Amsph: You are being too hard on yourself.... Martha is on t.v. Believe me, she has had her share of troubles from what I have read. I loved the clouds!

Frog: Congrats on the Dr. noticing your weight loss and congrats on your 2.5!

Jan: I love triscuits... I hide them from myself... Tee Hee

Rhonda: Where are you?

Star: Wonderful job on the walking! I am so happy for you that you got out there!

Glory: Happy Birthday! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Hall: Welcome, you found a great bunch of LOSERS!

Sparke: Icecream for breakfast - you crack me up! Makes sense though, metabolically! Great job, people noticing your weight loss. I just finally read your new bio- enjoyed the pictures... You are certainly beautiful inside and out.

Viv: hard at work!!! Don't sweat the m and m's.

Fillese: Hope you are safe and sound and home from Memphis. I bet it was awesome

JanCan and Maables: Welcome

Cathy: Great job with the 2 lbs!

Margaret: Great job with 2.5!

I am not down at all but OP for the third day!

Love you all, Annette
Old 04-11-2001, 08:18 PM   #105  

Hey Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to drop in and ask a question and possible get some advice.

I woke up this morning and when my feet hit the floor I was dizzy, light headed. All day, I've been dizzy. Didn't feel like drinking my water today. I had some cheese and triscuits for lunch. Really wasn't hungry.

I know all my vitals are fine; blood pressure is fine; no sinus problems. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever experienced a light headed feeling with this WOE. In 6 weeks this is the first time I've experienced this. And it's been that way all day.

Can anyone offer any input? Any of you "oldtimers" out there?

MAABLES: I believe you were asking about bread! I use Nature's Own -- Sugar Free Whole Grain b Flowers Bakery. It tastes great. And believe me if I like anyone will. I was a "white bread" junkie!!!

Gotta go for now. I'm still feeling dizzy. Better lie down
for awhile.

Thank you ever so much Ladies,

Blessings,
StarChaser
Closed Thread