Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is the main color is your home ( or hue closet to it)
White 2 9.52%
Cream/Beige 6 28.57%
Tan 4 19.05%
Yellow 2 9.52%
Blue 1 4.76%
Green 1 4.76%
Pink 1 4.76%
Brown 2 9.52%
Gray 1 4.76%
Other 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 07:56 AM   #61  
Bustin' Buddy

MELF: The pics look great!!!!!

Well, I'm off to school again - yuck! Just 2 days though so it shouldn't be bad!!

See y'all tonight!

Missy
Old 02-26-2004, 09:11 AM   #62  

Angry I couldn't sleep or thinking about all of you!

Good Morning! My DH left about 5:15am and it's now 6, I couldn't go back to sleep, kept thinking I haven't been on board in a couple days and I missed you. A lot going on for me right now, but really good stuff! My Mom won tickets to the Live Oprah show being taped in Los Angeles on Monday and she's taking me! We are both very excited but can't seem to find anything to wear! The information they gave us was to dress in dressy clothes, because it's the Oscar Bash, but I don't quite fit into a 10 and a 12 is not quite right either. We spent all of yesterday looking for clothes, after I went to Church of course, and no luck. I did find a red blouse that goes with my leather skirt, but the skirt would look better after I lose a little more. But before we leave on Sunday, my little girl is turning 10 and we are having a pajama/waffle party on Saturday morning for her. She really won't be 10 until next week, but Worker's Comp has once again scheduled me for a hair folical to toe nail examination on her birthday, far from home. UGH! Oh well, I will throw this party for her, and my Dad will get me home as soon as the appointment is over (although it's a 3 hour drive each way). Did I mention I lost 2lbs

This week although painful, has been enjoyably tired. DH had 4 days off, so that means an awful lot of running around with him, plus all the stuff I just mentioned, but it's been nice to have happy stuff to stress about.

Now to all of you, I've got to read your posts and catch up! Last I saw were pictures of some fabulous ladies having fun at Mardi Gras! I'll post more as I read.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:19 AM   #63  

Default Good morning!

And I hope that it's at least sunny where ever you are. It's till chilly here, but supposed to be in the 50's this weekend. The building I work in has no heat this morning, so here I sit and type with my coat on. I'm lucky the server didn't go down too. My intestinal problems have roared back. That's what i get for feeling better and actually eating dinner last night. I barely ate a little cereal this morning, and am sipping some hot tea. I have peaches for later(in the can, no sugar added). I will probably go home early too. This is the pits!
I managed to walk 2 miles on the treadmill last night, but definitely not with my usual vigor...and I had hoped to give blood tomorrow, but that may wait until next week.
The scale was the same yesterday, although how that's possible after all the non-eating I've been doing, I just don't know...but at least it didn't go up.
Have a great day everyone!

Barbara
270/219/135
Old 02-26-2004, 10:29 AM   #64  

Default Time to catch up!

VMoore: I know what you mean about breaking into the 170's, I have read on to see how you did on WIW, but either way you'll be there soon and into your new pants! Way to go on WIW! 20lbs in 7 weeks is incredible! You are doing great!

Crystal: Thanks for the vote of confidence. Way to go on losing 2lbs!

Country: Snakes! Yikes, I'm such a chicken I would have probably run the other way I'm glad you had such a nice weekend.

Mary: Sounds like you all had a good time and the pictures are fun! It's nice to have names and faces together in my mind. Thanks for reminder. I've been making better choices this week and it showed in the scales. It's good news to hear that your SIL got a job.

Nat: I would love to read your paper, would you email it to me? [email protected] If you can get before and after pics, it's really exciting to see the difference. I had a makeover when I was first on SB and lost my weight, wow what a difference! Now if I can just get back there.

Beth: I loved your inspiration to me! Thank you.

Laurie: I hope this week has given you a fresh start.

Missy: Sounds like you had a wonderful time at Mardi Gras! Sorry to hear about your friend's Mom.

Tammy: Welcome to the board! It's nice to have another Californian to keep me company

Bob: It's good to hear you have solved your medical nightmare, I mean mystery, I'm glad you are already starting to feel better.

Chris: Good to hear from you. My girlfriend goes to Curves and loves it.

Gator: We're at the same weight! Congratulations on your loss! I didn't know you were going to France, how exciting! Is this your first time?

Lyn: I'm glad you had such a good time!

Shirley: Thank you for sharing with us, sounds like a wonderful time! Hope you recooperate quickly from your trip. Sounds like the 4 hour nap helped!

Colleen: I'm so sorry about your puppy and your son. What a weekend! Come on board when ever you're up to it and we'll be right here for you.

Cheryl: Hope your daughter tests negative, although if she has mono, maybe it's contributing to her overall well being? I'll be praying that it all turns out for the best.

Jackie-O: The weight will come back off as you come back on plan.

Jack-K: I was happy to hear they took that last tube out, but sorry that you are going to have to have more surgery. I will pray for you and hope it goes as smoothly as the last surgery. Look at you, up and getting so much accomplished so quickly!

Barbara: Sorry to hear that your stomach ick is back, stomach icks are the WORST!

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry. I promise to catch up with you sooner or later...it's now 7:30 and the girls are getting ready for a rainy day at school, so I need to help them along. Have a good day.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:31 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Tammy
We sound similar.
I got married at 19, had 2 kids. Stayed home with the kids. Went back to school when I was 28 to get my BS in computer Science.
When both my kids were finally in school I found the perfect job that I loved (Internet developer). A year later I started having bad headaches, had 2 strokes at age 32. Found out I have a rare vascular condition called Central Nervous System Vasculitis. I gained 65 pounds while on Prednisone for a year. I was already 20-30 pounds overweight so that did not help! I've spent the past 5 years recovering from the strokes.
One bright star (besides not being dead) is I don't have to pay the 20 grand I ran up in student loans because now I'm disabled.
So here I am at 36 years old. We'll be married 17 years this May.
I'm back to being a stay home mom and I run a website for my condition and do the bookkeeping for my husbands construction business.
I started SB on 7/2002. Great way to live!

Crystal
Yahoo! I know how frustrating it is to be stuck on the plateau! Glad you got off!

Woodfrog
Glad your back. I'm going to a scrapbook party in March. Sounds like fun. Just what I need, another hobby I can't afford

Pancho
I didn't get the paper yet? I also might have deleted it in the slew of junk mail I delete daily
[email protected]

Melf
My left arm was affected by strokes 5 years ago. Good thing is it's still continuing to improve. Bad thing is I really don't have full use of my hand. The fine motor skills are not good. I can grab things with it but that's about it. So it's hard to fold clothes with one hand. I usually just sort them and the kids put them in their draws. But when my mom or MIL is here (which is often) they fold the clothes for me.
And my mom is still doing SB. Just not coming to the board I guess. Funny thing is the 2 lady's she hangs out with have lost weight because my mom is eating right! LOL
Loved looking at the pictures thank you!

Lara
Lucky you going to see Oprah!! She gives some great gifts to the audience!

I just read a book called Mary Hunt's Debt-Proof Living. I highly recommend this book! It's not full of bla bla finance stuff you can't understand. It's written by the lady who does the cheapskate monthly and was over $100.000 in debt and got out of it without going bankrupt. A lot of great ideas. I'm working on implementing this into my life!

It's only too late if you don't start now!
Mary Hunt
Old 02-26-2004, 10:37 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Thursday morning. I can't seem to keep track of the days.

Nothing exciting going on today. They have sent me lots of work to do. Many subcontracts to get issued. I was going to go in the office for a couple of hours, but think I will wait until Tuesday at least.

Bob, I know you don't like BB, but my Cats gave your Vols a good whipping last night. Wish they would play like that all the time. Hopeyou are feeling better today.

Deb, got that shed cleaned out yet? We are missing you.

Woodfrogs, Sorry to hear you have been sick. Hope it is almost gone. We have missed you. Tea seems to calm the stomach. Maybe try some crackers too. Feel better.

Trish, I said the same thing. If Missy & I lived close, we would be in trouble all the time. Guess I have to stay away from you too. Funny about the trampoline. I would have like to have seen that.

Pancho, thanks for the info. Now I will be reading other labels as well. Just remember, long hair you can pull up, etc. Short hair is usually one way and has to be fixed. Yes, it is only hair and will grow back.

Shirley, I haven't met you, but I agree, you are one heck of a broad. With all you do, you run circles around most of us. Glad you got rejuvenated and rearing to go again.

Melf, Whew! you had me tired reading about all that exercise. Good for you. The scale will move eventually. Headed to check out the pics. Thanks.

Country, it is out-patient surgery. Should only take about 45 minutes. So I am sure just a short while. I don't mind, but I hate those procedures where you are awake. They will use a local, but you still feel the pulls and tugs. Knock me out any time.

Missy, don't take out that hang-over on those kids.

Ldblond, let me know what you will be wearing to the Oprah show. I watch everyday. Wear something outstanding so I can pick you out. Hope the exam goes ok. That's a long way to go.

Guess I had better get started on all this work. Be back later.

Jackie
Old 02-26-2004, 11:08 AM   #67  

Hello everyone:

I have been lazy this morning; I'm still in my jammies. I have to get a move on soon though since we have to leave in a few hours to get Britt to school. I plan to go to the gym once I drop her off. I still have no idea what to make for dinner yet. I'll probably stop at the store on the way home; that's getting to be too much of a habit...I have to start planning the week's meals ahead of time again.

Sef: Were you able to sleep last night after such a long nap? What I would give to take a nap every once in awhile. Even if I had the opportunity, I find it difficult to sleep during the day. I'm glad you got caught up on your rest. I told my DH last night that I will probably get my hair cut, and I got the response I thought I would...."why? When you get older, you'll want to wear it short, so why do you want to cut it now?" We have been together for nearly 12 years, and I have worn my hair long all of those years. It was to the middle of my back when we met, now it is well below shoulders, but much shorter than before. I pull it up everyday anyway, so no-one even knows how long it is. We'll see what happens, I've been known to chicken out before right before getting it done. I never thought of you as OLD!!

Melf: Maintenance is o.k.; you'll see the #'s coming off soon. What a workout you had last night!! Congrats to your son-in-law for finding work; that will take quite the load off of your DD. Thanks for the pictures.

Country: Why are you letting your hair get so long? Are you going to donate it too? OR, do you just like it long? I get tired of standing in the shower, condititioning my hair and trying to pick out all the tangles; it turns a 10- minute shower into a 20-minute shower. I guess I am looking for something easy, and that Lisa Rinna cut looks to be pretty easy to keep up and I could wash, condition and get out of the shower quickly. I have to have bangs; my forehead is starting to show those expression lines, and I'd like to keep them hidden .

ldblond: Have fun at Oprah; it sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe you can let us know what you and mom decide to wear so we can watch for you. Is the Oprah show live or pre-taped? When will it air? The birthday party for DD sounds like a lot of fun too. Congrats on the 2#s!! I sent you a copy of my paper.

Wood: Sorry that bug is hanging on; I hope you feel better soon!

Cheryl: I re-sent the paper with a heading that you will recognize so you don't delete me again.

Jack-K: I know, I know....but I do pull my hair up everyday, and when I do take the time to style it, I don't even like the way it looks anymore. Worse case scenario...I don't like it, and I let it grow back. I got more excitement out of Britt than my DH. She started screaming, "I don't want you to get it cut, I don't want it to be short....." Oh well! Have a great day!

Better go wash face, get dressed and get going.

Have a wonderful SB-legal day!!!

Take care,
Nat
Old 02-26-2004, 12:06 PM   #68  

Default Thursday . . .

Hi everyone - sorry I have been MIA lately. I have been working on my Relay team and getting donations and working on fundraising events. I forgot to mention before, if anyone is interested in looking for a Relay in their area, they can check out the website for the American Cancer Society (www.cancer.org) and then click on the Relay For Life symbol and you can punch in your area code and then a screen will come up and show you where the closest Relay is to you.

I just have time for a few quick replys and hope to do more either tonight or tomorrow . . .

Colleen - So sorry about your son and your dog! How terrible. I hope that all goes well with your son's surgery and that you can find the strength that you need for your dog. We lost our Golden Retriever a few years back to "twisted stomach" and it broke our heart - we cried for two weeks straight. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers . . .

JACKK - Sorry to hear about your surgery! That stinks - but better to get it all straightened out now before you need to go back to work. Hope DH is doing well also.

PANCHO - I took the brave step about 13 years ago to cut my hair off and it was the best thing I ever did. Right now I have the haircut that you mention (although you can't see it in my picture b/c I had blow dried it differently that day), but use to wear it even much shorter than it is - kind of like Princess Di. I got more compliments when I cut my hair short then any other time I changed it. You should go for it - remember, it is only hair and it will grow back.

VMoore - Congrats on the weight loss!

BOB - Glad to hear that you found the "root" of your problems. Thank goodness you got that nasty tooth pulled. I'm sure you are feeling a hellauv a lot better!

Congrats of all the other losers. I have to get back to work - hope everyone is doing well -

SUZYB
Old 02-26-2004, 04:03 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi again,

I have been sitting in front of this computer all day. I'm tired. Got lots of work done but have lots more to do. Tomorrow is another day.

DH is going to church tonight to help cut fish for our weekly fish fry. So another friend and I are going to dinner.

Tomorrow I have to go to the oncologist to have blood work done. We will go to the fish fry. We always worked them, but I won't for awhile and DH will. I will just socialize all night.

Pancho, I don't mind cooking if someone would tell me what to cook. I used to make everyone take a day and say what they wanted. Now it is just the 2 of us. If I tell DH it is his day, he says eat out. Maybe I should make everyday his day. I end up having the same things each week.

Suzy, we understand you MIA. The Relay is lots of work. A guy at work does it each year. A worthy cause.

Have a great evening.

Jackie
Old 02-26-2004, 06:31 PM   #70  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

Glad to hear that everyone had such a good time! The pictures are wonderful, and the stories are even better!

I'm better today, but with all this rain, my sinus's are acting up "for real" and the pressure is tremendous!

This is a DRIVE BY so it will be short.

JACKIE...sorry to hear that you're not healing well...do they have an oxygen chamber? That works every time..
Believe it or not, KATE pulls for THE CATS during BB season...so I heard the game from her mouth! Feel better..and let us know about your procedure.

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:53 PM   #71  

Hello again:

The board is pretty slow today. I hope everyone is doing well.

I got to the gym today and got a good workout in; I needed it...it was a stressful morning around here.

I went to Trader Joes and found a multigrain pita chip. They are made with stone ground whole wheat, so I am excited. I also got Trader Joe's brand Flax chips. They do have corn in them, but they also have flax seed & soy...so much that it brings the carb count down to 8g/serving. A serving is 15 chips and they are large. I am all for anything with the extra flax in it. They only have 1 gram of saturated fat; the rest is the good fats (mono & poly). I am going to keep them on hand...they are delicious!

Suzy: Thanks for the info. on the cancer website; I'd like to look into it one of these days; cancer touches so many families, unfortunately. Thanks for the advice....I hope to take it. I don't know if I would like my hair cut short or not, but I won't know unless I do it. I can always grow it back out, but I always tell myself the same thing Jack-K said, "at least with long hair you can pull it up when you want." I'm such a chicken. We will see what happens next Saturday, but I am pretty sure (90%) that I am going to take that step. Your hair looks good in your picture; although the picture is small.

Jack-K: I wish I would've married your DH . I never can talk my DH into going out for dinner. Maybe when the kids get older, he will be more open to it.

DH & I plan to go see Sean Hannity next Friday night; it s/b interesting. For those of you who do not know who he is...he is a talk show host (2nd top rated show in the country, apparently). He usually has a lot of surprise guests (some country singers). It s/b a fun night out.

I was given some info. from a mom in our Mom's Club for a Parent's Time Out nanny & babysitting service. I am going to check into it. They apparently are the "official" service for the Arizona Diamondbacks, and have great references. I can't afford a nanny, but would like a reliable sitter once in awhile.

Well, I better go get dinner cooking!

Take care,
Nat
Old 02-26-2004, 08:55 PM   #72  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey friends

Just a fly by! Imagine that...

JACK-K: Girl....I'm so sorry to hear about the surgery. Do you think it isn't healing properly because you are doing so much? You are such a trooper...keep your chin up and everything will be just fine. We sure missed you this past weekend..it just wasn't the same without you! Take care and keep us posted!

BOB: Hope you feel better soon!!!

EVERYONE: Ok..I talked to DEB tonight to see what was happening with her. She is just a busy bee with getting moved into her new storage. She has been working non stop there moving and straightening all of her stuff out! So, she says hello to everyone and misses you all! She said she may not be on until Monday or Tuesday..until then...just know she is ok and working her arse off!!

Well, have a great evening!

Missy
Old 02-26-2004, 11:18 PM   #73  

Just a quick hello tonight. Stopped off at the spa, so did not make it home till 9pm. Long day, but it was worth the longer stay at the spa. The owner is also a personal trainer & she worked with DH & I tonight to show us some of the machines that would benefit us the most. Did my usual on the TM, 2 miles on the bike, plus the machines. I'm pooped.

Glad everyone liked the pics.

I won't be posting the next couple of days cause I'm heading for Shreveport in the am to Women of Faith Conference & won't be back till Sat night late, so hope all have a great week end! Stay OP! I plan to!!
Old 02-27-2004, 09:07 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Pancho
I read your essay and it was great! I never heard about the "stay under 25 grams of sugar a day" part. Or I just never understood that maybe.

Missy
Thanks for the Deb report. Was getting worried that maybe she got locked in the storage shed or something LOL

Melf
Have a great time on your little trip!
Old 02-27-2004, 09:58 AM   #75  

Just little ole' me again; where is everyone at?

It is raining here today; you will never hear me complain about that.

My DH was sore yesterday after doing the Ab Scissor on Wed. I begged him for it, and he will be the one with the cut abs when all is said and done. He doesn't have any fat reserve on his stomach like I do. I wish he could have gone through one of these pregnancies. The instructions say to work each area for 30 seconds, with 30 seconds rest in between....front for 30 seconds, rest, right side for 30 seconds, rest, left side for 30 seconds, rest, and back to front for another 30 seconds, rest. Well, he is on the 3rd resistance level (there are 5), and he is doing 1 minute per group. I am on level 2 and doing 40 seconds on each group. We will increase on each level before increasing the intensity level, that way it lasts longer, and we don't top out on the highest resistance level too soon. I don't have to worry about that! My stomach muscles are weak, and I am anxious to improve them since it will help my lower back pain as well. We are only doing it every other day. I will let you all know how we do when our first month is over.

My DM and I will be going to Whole Foods today, if she doesn't cancel on me due to the weather; she doesn't like the rain....I love it!

Deb: Glad to know that, although busy, you are doing fine. We look forward to hearing from you in the next week or so.

Melf: Have a safe trip and enjoy yourself...you'll stay OP. Great job on the exercising...keep up the good work.

cheryl: I'd have to check the reference again, but I think I got that 25 gram rule from Rissa's site. Glad you liked it...I really didn't plan to get an A out of it. I have another test again week after next!

Well, Lane is in her crib, calling for Mommy....that would be me, so I better run.

Have a great day, ladies!
Nat
Closed Thread