Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many times a week do you exercise 20 minutes or more?
Exercise, me? NEVER! 4 11.43%
1-2 times a week 5 14.29%
3-4 times a week 16 45.71%
5-6 times a week 10 28.57%
EVERY DAY!!! 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2001, 06:59 PM   #46  

Default hello

Hello alll....my what looooong posts!

Just wanted to let you know my PB cookies turned out pretty good. I should have used a touch more of agave nectar so they were a bit sweeter. I'm not going to make them again though b/c I figured there is AT LEAST five g of fat per cookie with the peanut butter and the butter and the peanuts. I think I just have to forget about cookies, legal or not! Actually, if I can find an oatmeal cookie recipe that's legal, I might try that. I'll go check the recipe boards.

Here's an ice cream question....how can I determine how much of the sugar is natural sugar from the milk/cream and how much of the sugar is plain ole' sugar?? Breyers vanilla (regular) has 12 or 15 grams of sugar per half cup. I am figuring a good amount of this must be natural sugar. I had 1/4 cup last night and it was good! I think I will treat myself once or twice a month (just a 1/4 cup, mind you!)

I got new walking sneakers today. I think I'm going to get on the treadmill after this post to test them out! I am sooooo tired but after reading everyone's posts, I feel motivated. Thanks chicks!!!

Pete is at Wal Mart so I asked him to look for Wiley's seasonings. I am determined to get some of it!! I love green beans and am anxious to try them the good ole' southern way!

Pete is starting to plan for his garden. He is like a little kid at Christmas! He absolutely loves to garden and I reap the benefits. My friend was asking what kind of spaghetti sauce (or "gravy" as true Italians say) I use b/c all the sauces she looked at were loaded with sugar. I told her we only eat Pete's canned homemade sauce!!! That's when it hit me how good I have it. And that he is supporting me with this WOE is wonderful. I just wish he would follow it too!

SPARKLE... thanks for the lovely long post. You are so motivating! You are determined. I know you'll do well.

QUILTER...Of course I'd love to see your card!! I'll send you a private message with my address. I'm not sure when I'll get my spring cards done, but I'll let you know when I mail them out I am currently reading The Scarlet Feather and am enjoying it so much!! I love Maeve Binchy. That's another reason I want to get on the treadmill.

RHROO...I know how you feel about this blasted weather! It is sooooooo cold here. I am disgusted. I will be so happy when Spring weather gets here. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!

TO ALL...I donated $5 through the amazon link for the boards. I use my credit card online constantly. Amazon is one of the most reputable companies on the internet. I am certain they have the best security available. I don't know how often I will dontate. I def. don't mind contributing b/c this board is so wonderful. If anyone has any suggestions re: donations please post them.

Welcome Rodeo Mom...find bread can be hard. I use Pepperidge Farm 100% stone ground whole wheat. It has less than one gram of sugar. You will probably have to go to a health food store to find 0 sugar bread.

Debelli...I'm sure things will blow over with Lauren soon. It is so tough being a parent sometimes. I give so much credit to good parents!!! Have you met up with VIV yet? I'm curious to know the results of her dad's tests.

amseraphim...I am not a big fan of housecleaning either. I like things to be clean but I am so LAZY!! I usually wait till I can't stand it anymore and then attack!!

FrogLover...I think it was you that said you are enjoying wearing clothes that are a little bit more form fitting now that you've lost. Me too!! I find myself shying away from my big bulky stuff, although it is so comfortable. I LOVE putting on clothes that used to be tight and now fit just perfectly, or even with a little wiggle room!!

I'm off to walk and read. BBL

Ashley
Old 03-27-2001, 07:04 PM   #47  

Default Happy Tuesday

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted. I came by Monday and didn't see the new thread. I think my eyes gave out on me!

In any case I haven't received the book yet. It was mailed out yesterday..so soon. But, I am still excited about it and I hope everyone is doing well.

I will talk to you soon and I will log on Thursday night for a chat. What time?

Keep up the great work,
Old 03-27-2001, 08:18 PM   #48  

Default Hmmm that dress

SPARKLE I saw her on the telly but didnt even notice.lol, I must of been looking at her earrings!!

I wanted to look my best at 40 too, but here I am fat and 40. Im getting there though and its never too late.
My children are getting to the age where I can think more of myself and Im wondering what to do next in my life.
and Yes I could have lost this weight so many times over already Ive lost count.
Ive actually started to relax a little in my hurry and getting nowhere and taking it one meal at a time.

I had a bad attack of cookie monster attack last night and ate 3
I was so depressed though when i went to bed and Im back onto it again

Jenny
Old 03-27-2001, 08:25 PM   #49  
VR

Testing
Old 03-27-2001, 08:33 PM   #50  
VR

Hey, it worked. However, I just wanted to make it clear... that Hershey Kiss is waving "Good-Bye" not "Hello".

Thanks for the reminder... frozen grapes do make a good sweet snack.
Old 03-27-2001, 08:57 PM   #51  

Hello all!

Thanks for the replies on the GrapeNuts question...those are going in the TRASH!! Good thing I only choked down one bowl.

Super great to hear about all of you success stories!

MargaretA: frozen grapes are going on my snack list...what a fab idea!

Iamap: 50lbs!!! If I wasn't so proud of you, I would be hatefully jealous! Congrats! What a great accomplishment!

SparkleScamp: Move over honey...I think we are in the same boat. Your self-examination will undoubtedly enable you to reach your goals. Just know that you are worth it! And as cliche as it sounds..."nothing taste as good as thin feels" (okay, I don't know first hand, but that's why I am here and that is what I am working towards).

RodeoMom: WELCOME...you'll love it here!

Continued Success!

P.S. Can't remember who posted recipe for Salmon Cakes, but YOWZER! They were great!

Have a great evening!
Old 03-27-2001, 09:03 PM   #52  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default NITE!

Evening Everyone!

Not much going on here today, surprised I still have my eyes open, they're stinging because I'm so tired. Def. going to bed early tonight!

I'm so bloated today, I pray I still have a loss tomorrow so I can finally post on the WI board-TOM is due anytime now, so if it's up, I surely know why!

AMSER, how did the fitting go today with the dress? Did they have to take it in any??

RODEO, WELCOME TO THE BOARD! LA gals and FL gals seem to have the most numbers of members here. I can understand why so many LA gal,s due to SB starting there, but as for FL gals, I guess we are just a state with lots of robust women! Anyhow, we're glad to have you aboard! Don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how stupid to you they sound-we all had questions at the beginning, and we still have questions from time to time, this is a learning experience for all of us. As for the bread, or any food, as long as it's 3 grams of sugar or less, SB rules you can have it. BUT, personally, I don't have breads with any added sugars in it, they are out there, but it's not necessary to be as nutsy as I am. We're glad you'll be around for a while-I can say the same: ) Again, welcome!!!

RHROO, if you have a low-carb store in your area, try to find out if they carry Carbolite soft serve, it's wonderful and very SB legal! Otherwise, why not try Breyers vanilla? Sorry to hear kids aren't feeling too well, hope they are better soon. Healthy Choice, I don't eat, but have in the past, boy, does that give me awful gas! Let us know what the Dr. says about your goal weight! Hey, she may say you're there!!!

MARGARET, Gator gave you a good explanation. Seems it was good for you, I see you have the images up and running. Glad to hear you got some much "kneaded" exercise today!

BEE, Most whole grain flours are okay. Stone ground is what you really want to use, the smaller the grain has been ground up, the higher the GI goes. I think spelt and millet flours may be a little high, but I don't remember exactly, will do some looking around. I use buckwheat, soy, and others, but mostely SGWW flour. I'll let you know what more I find out. One part of BALARTS interview says:

What causes the glycemic index to be higher or lower in bread?

LB: "When you take the grain and mill it you break off the casing on the outside so you are left with the starch inside, and which is then made more readily available to the body.. it comes in quicker, and causes much more rise in the blood sugar and more of a rise in glycerin. When you eat the whole, grain, your body has to break down all that stuff it has got to get through the covering of that grain, and therefore the absorption of the starch and the breakdown of the starch that's in it is slowed down. So instead of getting this big rise in sugar, you are going to get sort of lull, it stays in the gut longer, it goes way down into your intestines, and is subject to bacterial degradation, and a lot of good things come from that. A lot of fatty acids that are supposed to be good. It has been actually scientifically proven. So a lot of this has a lot to do with not just the type of grain it is, but also you know how has it been handled, how has it been used to be put into the food, and the more it stays intact. A bean for instance, has got a big casing on it, your body has to break all that stuff down. Beans if you notice in the book have a low glycemic index. If you took the outside of the bean, and we prepared a meal or flour from that it would be completely different, the index would be much higher, because you have already removed all that stuff the body has to digest. "

Also, 3 grams or less per serving is what the SB rules state. I would think in NZ, you have many SB legal foods. Have you tried the JokAnal products??

ROSALIE, WOW, that's great on the swimming, keep it up!! I'm crossing my fingers for you to have a good WIW! Glad you liked the article about the flours. I'll get it posted on the FIB soon.

VR, that's so sweet of you to take a walk with your neighbor, I'm sure she loves the exercise as well as the company Me, little peanut? I was hiding behind others!!! Maybe a peanut in stature, but not weight. I've never had the Carbolite bars, just the soft serve. Why eat them if we are allowed real chocolate. I try to stay away from things with preservatives. Don't they carry Chocolove?? Let me know how the Carbolite bar is. Chat on Thursday, right after Survivor, 9:15pm EST, that's 6:15pm for you-I promise not to tell what happens! Sorry, can't say that I have really wanted anything sweet so badly since I started SB-boy, that's a feat in itself!

SPARKLE, glad to hear you found the agave nectar. They only come in little 8oz bottles, though I wish it was available in bigger ones. It's delicious and can be used in place of honey in any recipe, measure for measure. When I bake with it, I lower my temp by 25 degrees. I love the way you write-where did you get such a gift? Your roommate seems to be a good friend-that's wonderful!! Keep up this wonderful attitude you have, it's so refreshing!!!

OVERCOME, glad to hear the cookies were good. A little more agave nectar goes a long way-it's fun to experiment with it. I had the same question about the ice cream, I'll try to find out if there is an answer to that question. How did the new sneaker testing go tonight?? Thanks for sending in a donation. I am writing Suzanne tonight and will mention it to her. Haven't heard from VIV yet, probably tomorrow or Thursday, meeting Friday late afternoon.

GUESSWHO-chat at 9:15pm EST on Thursday!!!!

RAPTURE, thanks for letting us know the salmon cakes were good! I don't remember who posted it (maybe me), but it's always nice to have someone else make a recipe from the board and enjoy it. Try the crustless spinach quiche, it's wonderful!!!

It's time for bed, I'm pooped! See you all in the morning for WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!! Good luck to all!

Debbie
194/132/129
Miami, FL
Old 03-27-2001, 10:02 PM   #53  

Hey Friends!!! Happy Tuesday evening to everyone. Had a good day. Stayed on plan. I love being solidly planted on the wagon. Shouldn’t brag too much lest I falter. I’m so jazzed from this am’s loss and bound and determined to have it be that for WIW. Am excited already about waking up tomorrow. Somebody please slap me . . . this ain’t normal. The best part about the loss is that TOM is lurking right around the corner. Could be here any minute. And I feel bloated and full. So once it gets rolling that minus two will probably stick firm.

FILLISE---I agree with you . . . there is a LOT of HARD WORK going on at this board. It is really inspiring me to do the best job I can do and be true to the program. And true to myself. Congrats on the big loss!!! And the size change. You must feel great. Are you asking yourself, who was that person wearing those other sizes?????

GATOR---Okay, who’s the greatest coach??? I’ll play ignorant. YOu know, I went to college right outide of JC, TN. Maybe I knew him. (or her)

BLOND---So glad to hear you feel back on track. Sometimes we just have to give in and vent. I sure am “the queen” of pity parties . . . at least in our house!!! I think it’s wonderful that you feel like telling the board what’s going on. I LOVE OPEN HONEST COMMUNICATION!!! And that’s certainly what we have here. I also loved your thoughts on the morning. It really is liberating to know that with each day you get to try again. A fresh new start!!!

BEACH---Glad you had a good time in Atlanta. Don’t think twice abou the Olive Garden. Who could resist those bread sticks. I know I sure would have a hard time passing them by.

MARGARET---Boyfriend Steve sounds like he’s got it made. You are really giving him a great meal tonight. I, too, hope he stays on it with you. My dh is trying to do the plan, but he caves pretty easily. Tonight some ritz crackers and peanut butter were calling his name. Poor deprived creature!!!

AMSER---I knew we had a lot in common. I too was not blessed with the cleaning fairy gifts. I hate to clean, but love a clean house. Talk about an exercise in frustration. Tonight dh and I came home and wizbang cleaned up before we let ourselves have dinner. That worked pretty well. Thanks for the kind words. You are too sweet. I’m glad weighing in everyday works for you. I feel exactly the same way. Knowing I have to go get on the scales and knowing that I did really well the previous day makes it easier to get up and out of bed.

DEB---Glad your eyes are better. That can be scarey. Once in college I went to a Pink Floyd concert in Cleveland and left my contacts in all night. Dumb move. The next day my dyds were so swollen. I could hardly open them. My dad grated up white potatoes and made poltuses (spelling?) for each eye. The swelling and redness and pain all went away in about 45 minutes. It was the strangest thing. If I every have eye strain or anything wrong with my eyes I always do that. The only problem now is that on SB I don’t have any of the evil white potatoes in the house!!! Hey, I lost my tazo tea bag you gave me. Bummer, huh? I couldn’t remember the name, so I’m glad you mentioned it to LDBLOND. I’m going to go get some this week. Hey, come for dinner anytime!!! You’re always welcome. What’s Tom Bodette say . . . we’ll leave the light on.

RODEOMOM---WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! I’m so glad you decided to stop in and stay a while. We really are great fun and there is so much SB knowledge flowing through these people. You’ll just be an expert before you know it. Do you have the SB book? Or have you read it? That’s my suggestion . . . read it and read it again. I still had lots of questions and everybody was great at answering them. Hey, about the bread--BE CAREFUL. Everything that says whole wheat isn’t necessarily that. They kind of tell fibs and you have to look at the ingredients slowly. Somebody turned me on to the Pepperidge Farm 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread. They have two different kinds of that. And it’s easy to get at the regular grocery store. I also enjoy the Ezekiel Sesame bread. This I buy at the health food store or the natural food store. It’s good, but only when it’s toasted. That’s just my opinion. We all have different amounts to lose and we’ll be there with you every step of the way. Can’t wait to celebrate with you on your first weigh in loss. Are you a fan of the PBR? I love those guys. Watch them every Sunday night if they are on??? Just wondering because of your name.

RHROO---Glad you are doing better. Just hang in there and be patient with yourself. That’s a great idea to ask the dr your questions. I guess I shouldn’t complain about our weather since you still have THAT MUCH snow on the ground. Sister, I feel for you. LOL about Frog’s coconut bra. That might be a good prize for all of us who make it to goal!!!! Then when we have our big SB extravaganza convention, we could all wear them. HA!!! Hey, will you take your SB book with you to the drs?

ROSALIE---Thanks for posting the WW recipe. I may experiement with my sister in law this weekend. They are coming over here for a couple of days and she loves being in the kitchen. Your timing is PERFECT!!!

VR---Glad to hear from you!!! Where you been, Girl??? I still don’t understand why ferrets are illegal. Seems silly to me. They certainly don’t look dangerous. Good to know that your new “little pumpkin” is doing well. That’s funny how they come up with all these really smart things. Many years ago we had Maddie enrolled in Obedience classes. We would get up and go every Saturday morning. From that time on EVERY TIME I put my tennis shoes on, she gets excited. It’s funny. I guess she still relates them to the walks we take now, but I have to laugh at her habits. Sounds like “Piggy” is training you well, too. For my sweet tooth I enjoy a glass of chocolate milk made from ff milk and chocolate syrup made by sweet and Low. Yes, it’s got nutrasweet, but I’ve cut way back on that so figure I’ll allow myself a little in that drink. It’s also very filling and serves as an extra calcium boost.

SPARKLE---I know what you mean about obsessing for what you aren’t suppose to have. It’s like saying, “Don’t think about the pink elephant.” and what’s the first picture that comes into your mind. I’m glad you brought up the carrots issue. Because I didn’t know that they were higher when cooked. I used to eat them all the time (being an old Weight watcher who used to get orange hands from peeling so many at one time), but I truthfully haven’t bought any since January when I started SB. Just like with the white potatoes I don’t even think about them anymore.

OVERCOME---I think I have the oatmeal cookie recipe from SB for Life. I’ll look for it and try to post it. I made them way back in January when I knew nothing and was eager to spend time in the kitchen baking. I had to do some switching (changed chunks of choc) to pecans and we really liked them. I’ll try and find it for you. I need to buy that book and have it on hand.

OVERCOME---I hope Pete’s able to find the Wileys. You’ll love it. I made some last week and it was too wonderful. I had to stop with Scarlett Feather and read my mystery book for book club. Our meeting is next Tuesday and I’m afraid I won’t have it finished. (I spend too much time in the evenings on the board. HA!) I’ll get back to SF as soon as I’m finished with this.

Where's BOB & CHERI??? Did I miss something??? Did they get notes saying they were allowed to be absent???? Hi girls (in case you are lurking).

Must confess that I’m having difficulty completing the poll this week. Am really ashamed to post the truth. Ick!!! Must make myself do it. Maybe by getting it on record, I’ll get my big butt up and moving.

Have a great rest of the night. I’m getting ready to hit the hay.

Take care.
Kim
185/174/139
Old 03-27-2001, 10:21 PM   #54  
Everyday angel

Default A quickie

I'm excited about my new plan because now I have to be creative in my exercise routine and my food!

Exercise

I haven't gotten up early enough yet to make my breakfast and lunch and get in an hour of cardio at the gym. I've been getting up at 6:15 and need to get up at 5:30 to get everything done. So I do a half hour, dash madly to work with wet hair, hang my soaking workout clothes in the spare room to dry, and then go back to finish up my hour after work. I'm thinking of ways that I could vary my cardio routine and add some social interaction too! A few ideas:
  • Rollerblading for an hour, taking a couple breaks until I get better!
  • Joining a hiking club. There is a group in our area that only charges a $2 donation and does a different hike every Sunday. I was all set to go last week but of course I didn't get up in time.
  • Getting involved with the Bicycle League here in Hawaii.
  • Speaking of bikes, attempting that hill, I mean ferocious mountain, behind my house.
  • Doing organzed runs. I've already made a commitment to myself to do one every two months.
  • Swimming...I'm not much on swimming but with the beautiful weather we have here, it doesn't hurt to try!
  • ....and of course, dressing up and dancing all night!

Food

We go through a familiar routine here at work. "I don't know what I want to eat for lunch. What are you eating?" "I don't know....I'm tired of everything around here." So I got into a serious rut....either Jack in the Box or a fatty bento (Japanese box lunch). Of course I kept vowing to make and bring my lunch, and I did...sometimes.

So now I'm searching my lil' brain for ways to add variety. I've been going nutzoid at our two health food stores. Some items on my list (maybe there are others here who are grocery cart voyeurs!) :
  • Textured vegetable protein
  • Oat bran
  • Soy milk (unsweetened)
  • Almonds
  • Almond butter
  • Brown Cow plain whole milk yogurt (cream on the top, very yummy indeed, if it's "illegal" I'm sure somebody will scream! )
  • 9-grain cereal for bread
  • Agave nectar as previously mentioned
  • Whole wheat flour
  • Uncle Sam Cereal....not bad...it's definitely not a trigger food! At $3.50 for five servings it's not going to be a staple in my cupboard.

Okay gotta run to the gym!

Hugs,

Chris
Old 03-28-2001, 12:40 AM   #55  

Good evening fellow SBers!

I had a very tiring long day today but it's over and tomorrow I can get back to my normal routine.

Kim: Glad to hear that your scales are two pounds down. That's great! I too hope that it stays that way or even less for WIW. Your charting method sounds really good. That way you can actually see if you've had any loss during the whole week. (And you get to get on the scales everyday )

Frog: You know I am a real lover of cheese too. I should probably follow your example and eat it only once a day. I am also re-reading the SB Book to make sure that I'm not eating something that I shouldn't.

Fillise: I love asparagus too. I could eat it everyday. And fresh seafood. Sounds heavenly! And I definitely doing a happy dance for you and your new size 22s. Congratulations! and keep it up.

Idblond: Glad to hear that you're back on track and starting out this day with 40 reps on your abslider. I saw it advertised on TV. Is it really hard to do? I thought about getting one.

Beach: Sounds like you had a wonderful day at Six Flags with your family and congratulations on staying the same while on vacation.

MargaretA: You're right it does make a big difference when others in you household are following this WOE. My mom doesn't want to (she tried it for a couple of days). She likes sugar way too much and doesn't want to hear about it being addictive.

Amseraphim: I like your little exercising person. I'm like you, cleaning house is not my forte either, but ... a girl has to do, what a girl has to do. Right

Debbie: I have a question. For a SB snack what would be the best thing to have? Fruit, a couple of triscuits with cheese, celery with cream cheese, etc. I wasn't really sure if it would be better to eat something like a carb or protein? I know that some people eat nuts. They always make me go way up in fat for the day though. I'm keeping my fingers, toes, etc crossed for those 3 more pounds to disappear for you so you'll be at your goal.

RodeoMom: Welcome! You will get nothing but support here. It's great. Everyone is very helpful and very motivating. If you have questions, just ask.

Rhoo: Sorry to hear about the tummy upsets at your house. Hope it doesn't last long. Good luck at the Dr. tomorrow. I hope you get some answers.

Bee: Sugar used to never be much of a problem for me until the last couple of years. It seems that as I get older the more and more I crave it. This WOE really helps me to not want those things so much. However, chocolate does call me occassionally But.... you can have some SB legal chocolate occasionally.

Rosalie: Congratulations on your swimming (32 lengths). I love to swim. Can't wait until it's warm here. We only have outdoor pools.

VR: I've never had Spaghetti Squash. It sounds interesting. How do you prepare it. Do you just cut it in half and put it in the oven? ????

Chris: I liked your tip to put everything that is off program into one cupboard and not open it.

Ashley: Glad you PB cookies turned out ok. I would have probably eaten more than I should have it I made them though. I hope that you new shoes work out for you. I have such a hard time getting shoes to fit me properly. My right foot has a flatter arch than my left and I get tendonitis in it frequently. Anyway, I went through 4 pairs of shoes (and lots of money) until I got these.

GuessWho: I know that you must be excited to get your book to read. I felt the same way when I was starting the SB woe. If you need questions answered, your friends here on this board will help you out. Don't be afraid to ask.

Laurie: Congratulations on your loss. You must be very proud of yourself. Keep up the great work (and it is very hard work). You will have many more successes down the road.

Hope everyone has a great WIW

Cheri
287/273.5/145
Old 03-28-2001, 03:19 AM   #56  

Wow! This group is getting bigger all the time. Haven't had time to post lately, but have been trying to keep up on the reading.

Welcome to the newbies. If you can stick with this WOE, you will lose pounds. You can't dwell on "all the things I CAN'T eat" but need to remind yourself of all the things I CAN eat. No more living on Bugs Bunny food. Good, sensible, nutritious foods. And just think of how you will soon look and feel! Just think of all the new-found (or found again) energy you will have.
And, you will want to actually stand in front of the full length mirror that you have avoided for so long.

I was close to having a panic attack about not having any more Coke on the day I decided that SB was what I needed to do. Since starting SB onFeb. 5 I have had some 2 - 3 times but it doesn't taste near as good as I remembered and I don't crave it like I used to.

I am feeling so proud of myself for being able to lose 16.5 pounds so far. That is what makes it all worthwhile. I just take it one day at a time. 3.5 pounds to go until I hit 200 - a small victory, but in a way a big one. I'm going to have to go buy some new clothes!!! A friend at work called me "baggy pants", and you know, she was right. My watch and rings are constantly turning around, too.

My DH is supportive which helps a lot. I haven't got him totally switched yet, but if he has to buy a snack that I shouldn't have, he hides it so I won't be tempted. Even my son did that while home on spring break from college.

Gotta quit. I was only going to be on the computer for a very short time after getting home from work at midnight. Just looked at the time and it is now 2:20 AM.

Good morning everyone.

Lana
220/203.5/150
Old 03-28-2001, 06:29 AM   #57  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!!!

Good Wednesday Morning Everyone!

Just a quickie to remind everyone it's WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!!

Here's the link to post your WIW info onto:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=3502

Be back on later after I take Michael to school and my walk.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Debbie
194/13?/129
Miami, FL
Old 03-28-2001, 06:35 AM   #58  

Default WIW Report

Good morning everyone!!!

Well, scales say I'm still holding at 174 today. That gives me a two pound loss from where I was last week. Puts me to a total of 11. Feeling good.

Hey, ROSALIE, I finally got the old crock pot out last night. I'm making stroganoff tomorrow for my brother and his family who are coming to visit. So I bought two chuck roasts and cut up some onion and cooked those babies all night. Mmmmm. The smell this morning when I awoke was wonderful. I swear that right now Roast Beef is sounding pretty acceptable as a breakfast idea. Ha!!!! I just use the stroganoff recipe out of the Betty Crocker Cookbook. It's so yummy. Naturally, it will be served over ww noodles and I'll use ww flour in the sauce.

Gotta go hit the shower. Slept terribly again last night. TOM better get here soon or I'm going to be so tired I'll be forced to have a crying jag.

Talk to you tonight.
Hope WIW is good to all of you.
Kim
185/174/139
Old 03-28-2001, 09:12 AM   #59  

Good Wednesday morning everyone

No loss to report to-day - up one pound from last week. But it is still one pound less than it was yesterday! I had a bad eating day yesterday so surprised it even went down the one pound from yesterday. Plan on staying on the wagon to-day.

MargaretA - I'd never heard of freezing grapes before but it sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a try.

VR - It's nice that you take the time to take your neighbour for a walk. I am sure she appreciates it.

Rapture - I posted the recipe for the Salmon Cakes if it is from the March Recipe Board. Glad you liked them.

Kim - I used to chart my weight the same as you, maybe I should start doing it that way again. I hate it when I lose a couple of pounds during the week and then it goes up again before the next weigh in. This way it should show a little loss for the week. Would be better for the morale. Could you post the recipe for the Betty Crocker Beef Strogonoff. I tried a couple of recipes for strogonoff at my son's request but didn't think too much of them. Glad to hear you maintained your two pound loss for WIW.

Country - Congrats on the loss. Sounds like you have made a fabulous start to SB.

Have to dash to get in my 2 Mile Walk before breakfast.

Have a good SB day everyone

Marie.
Old 03-28-2001, 09:39 AM   #60  
Chatroom Oldie

hey there everybody! I am a best bud of RodeoMom and told her about this place. I have been chatting at 3fatchicks for about 3 years now and I just love it - it is the only place that I chat. I have also decided to start doing SugarBusters but I am working my way into it . I have a real busy weekend ahead of me and plan to start on Monday morning even tho I am getting very little sugar at this point.

Don't remember the last time I posted on the boards but I think I will start checking in and posting on the SugarBuster boards and see if I can get some good ideas.

Do any of yall ever chat in the chatroom? Sure would love to chat with you there!

Have a great sugar free day!

Cathy
Closed Thread