Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many times a week do you exercise 20 minutes or more?
Exercise, me? NEVER! 4 11.43%
1-2 times a week 5 14.29%
3-4 times a week 16 45.71%
5-6 times a week 10 28.57%
EVERY DAY!!! 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2001, 06:45 PM   #136  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD EVENING EVERYBUDDY

I FOUND MY PANTIES!! (see what you miss when you don't come to chat?)

FROG [i]O H M Y G A W D!!![/b] You should be proud, and don't you pay any attention to ANY comments the ANYONE makes....YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY BABY!!
I love that picture of your FUR BABY what a face!!

DEB I hope you got some rest today. It's not raining right now, but more is supposed to get here.
We had 8.42 inches of rain yesterday! BUT IT STILL WASN'T ENOUGH!! We have been in this drought so long that I wonder if we will ever catch up!

I swear, I hate not being able to see the previous posts...it's such a pain to flip back and forth!

LOUISIANA CHICKS I heard that Cafe duMonde burned? Sad since they have been in that location for so long. Wonder if they will rebuild?

ID Only good thoughts and wishes for your surgery. GOOD LUCK!!

RODEO Are you going to be able to slip in and weight without paying anything for the use of the office?

CATHYCATHY Good luck with your housecleaning..I'm in the middle of that myself. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

BEE I LOVE that big smiley with the tooth!

MELF Skeeter is such a BIG BABY You won't believe what happened when we went out to potty before bed....opened the door and out we went (on the leash) to find TWO POSSUMS sitting there staring
at Skeeter.....not budging! I brought him back inside because I understand they are big carriers of rabies and I didn't want him to lurch at them and get scratched or bitten. I've never seen any animals like that in my neighborhood before!

When any of you try Debbie's hummus, YOU WON'T BE SORRY I've had it....It's GRRRRRRRRREAT!!

CLIMBING UP ON MY SOAPBOX
Ok, I have a question for all of you. There was a question posted on the intro page by KITCAT Fourteen people looked at it before Rosalie and Myself answered her. Not trying to be an OLE HAG, but why didn't any of you say anything to her? WE have a wonderful reputation here on 3FATCHICKS, and I wouldn't want someone to go off and say that we ignored someone in need. Even if all you can say is "come on over to the main weekly board" try to help.
BACK ON THE GROUND NOW

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll check in later.

BOB
(soggy on the West Coast of FLA)
Old 03-30-2001, 07:21 PM   #137  
Everyday angel

Default High on life

Hi ladies!

I got around to posting on the bio thread. I included a "before" and "after" picture and a link to the whole series of pictures if you want to check it out:

SparkleScamp's Bio

A special hello to all the gals in LOUISIANA! I imported my roommate and best bud from the swamps of Louisiana (Berwick near New Orleans) and I feel like a vicarious semi citizen.

BOB: Honolulu the #1 healthiest city huh? We have a lot of Asians who seem to be naturally thin and who eat a lot of veggies. A side point: I was reading this article that said the Chinese believe in something called “spleen qi” (pronounced key) which means something like metabolism. Eating raw vegetables and drinking cold substances, like ice water, decrease qi. That’s why the Chinese eat most veggies lightly steamed or sauteed and drink lots of hot tea. I don’t know if all this is true or not but I don’t see many fat Chinese folks! But we also have a lot of Polynesians who are natually QUITE large. So you will tend to see very large and very tiny people and only the haole (white folks) in between.

We have a lot of outdoor activities to choose from, as you can imagine. One thing that annoys me is the lack of good bike paths. So I’ve just developed the delusional fantasy that I’m a car and ride on the street!

Froggie, about your friend. I have a friend who is actually my best female friend in Hawaii right now. But we’ve been having some problems that I won’t get into. She is thin but has an eating disorder. So today I saw her downtown and went to go chat with her. I told her about my new plan. I was all excited. She gave me a dirty look and said, “Don’t you think you are being a little OBSESSIVE?” I answered, “I’m always obsessive, just now I’m getting results.”

Idblond, I’m sure you ARE a “pretty mommy.” Wanna join the picture posting frenzy??? Good luck on your surgery! I’m sending lots of positive vibes your way! I make smoothies with a combination of fruits and vegetables. I don’t have them very often because they are sweet but they are a good change of pace. My favorite recipe is soy milk, almonds, carrots, (blend and add) protein powder, frozen strawberries and Splenda. You can leave the Splenda out if it is too sweet. You can also try peanut butter or soynuts, chucks of frozen bananas or blueberries, celery or green bell peppers. (I wonder about cabbage. Hmmm.)

I used to write notes to reply to posts but now I just open up a separate window (CNTL+N) and switch back and forth between the two. And now that I lost that long post I use Word and save as I go!

MargaretA, the above advice goes to you too!

You said, “I am another one who can't imagine why people would choose any other WOE!” Well I was one who was resistant to giving up sugar for a very long time. Now being free! from sugar is starting to be natural to me and I certainly feel better than ever after 4 ½ days! Good for you passing up the other good donut thingies As I understand, beignets are puffy hollow things that must be heavenly, but you have the power of CHOICE!

Karen, you said “From personal experience, don't get carried away with sf ice cream. It could have a terrible effect on your tummy!” I had an experience long ago where I “accidentally” ate 6 sugar free chocolate coated ice cream bars and paid a terrible price. I have tried not to go overboard with Splenda now that I have discovered it. But when I posted earlier about eating 3 cups of sugar-free ice cream back in Feb, then read your post, I remembered that I didn’t suffer any ill effects from the Splenda. I felt fine after I ate it. Still, that’s no reason to go overboard. But some people seem to react to even small amounts of aspartame and Splenda doesn’t seem to cause that problem with me.

RodeoMom, I’m glad you’re feeling better and I would love to see a picture!

Cathy, thanks for posting the lovely picture! You have such pretty blue eyes and an elegant neck. Oh that’s one major thing I’m stoked about losing weight: having a neck!!!

Debbie, with those last five pounds to goal, every ounce is like moving a mountain! I’m constantly cheering for you because I’m so excited that you are so close! As I said I think we were about the same weight this time last year and your success gives me confidence that it will be ME counting down to my goal in a few months!

Glory, I’m glad you were able to get back on...I find this board to be a great help and motivation too! But as time goes by, I think both of us will find our motivation coming more from within than without!

Bee thanks for the compliment I can’t begin to express how much you folks brighten my day!

Melf, everybody keeps mentioning this great chat. Another newbie question, do you have a set time for chat? Or somewhere where the time is announced.

How the bike ride went

Haha! This is pretty funny. The gentle slopes were no problem, but once I got to the steeper hills I had a hard time not going backwards! I was annoyed when some dogs started barking their heads off (I’m much more comfortable in the urban jungle, with the speeding cars and the buses, than in suburbia) so I turned around and went downhill. Immediately my chain fell off and somehow got tangled in the gears. I couldn’t seem to get it out no matter what! It took fifteen minutes of sweating (I even turned the bike upside down) in the dark before I popped it free. Then I was too flustered to go back to the steep hills, which were kicking my arse anyway, so I finished up my time on the flats. It was still a good moderate workout, and at least I tried.

This morning, for the first time I can remember, I was AWAKE. I got up spontaneously at 5:45 (after going to bed at midnight) feeling fully alert (for a long time it took me 20 minutes to drag myself out of bed). It’s like the benefits of my new habits are kicking in more and more every day! I do seem to have a hard time concentrating at work. It’s almost like I can only be obsessed about one thing at a time. But I’m sure that things will balance themselves out.

I’m not sure if I mentioned my nail project. I’ve been a severe chronic nail biter for years now. I view this habit as part of my compulsive eating. Well it took a huge effort to improve in this area. I have been working on my cuticles several times a day (they were so ragged they were bleeding in many places) and although my hands are still little grubby paws I see some improvement.

Warmest aloha,

Chris
Old 03-30-2001, 07:43 PM   #138  

Evening everyone!

Id: I hope everything goes well with your surgury. You are in my prayers.

Welcome back GloryB and Catsrule.

OneMoreTime: Just keep on trying and you'll make it. Never give up.

Frog and Cathy: Great pictures. Thanks for posting them. I too am copying them and putting them in a SB folder so that I can look back.

RodeoMom: I don't know if I could have passed on the gumbo. I love gumbo. You are awsome!

Mary: I tried your lentil chili recipie. It was really good and easy too. Thanks

BOB: Glad you found your knickers. That could have been a problem Oh, and sorry about not answering "KitKat" I didn't even know that I ignored anyone.

KitKat: Sorry if you felt ignored. I'm fairly new here myself and would never intentionally hurt anyone.

Fillise: Sounds like you did great making yourself that omelete. I love asparagus and artichokes. MMMMMmmm.

Melf and SparkleScamp: Sounds like you two are constantly exercising. I envy you. I don't know if I would be able to move. I do want to train to do a half marathon though. It will take me a very very very long time

Annette: I really like popcorn too. The hummus sounds like it will be really good though. I also read somewhere about eating Kashi with a little butter spray on it in place of popcorn. I don't know how that tastes, but I'm going to give it a try.

Debbie: You mention Ole Ole a lot. I'm guessing that it's a mexican restaurant? I love mexican food. Oh, ****, I just love food

Frog: How many races have you entered? Your picture shows you and your husband each with medals.

Kim: I know what you mean about playing around with this WOE and then finally admitting to yourself that "Playing" will not cut it. I have been doing that for a bit. I finally decided to re-read the SB book and to get my a-- in gear. Everyone posting their success and mine being so very slow made me feel like I was choosing not to "enter the race". So here I am. And no more cheating!!!

Cheri
287/273/145
Old 03-30-2001, 10:55 PM   #139  

I hadn't posted my walk this morning, but it was because I didn't know how far I had walked. I got in the car this afternoon & drove it. I made 4 miles!!! & I did it in 63 minutes. yipeeeeee!

BOB, Yes, Cafe du Monde did have a fire in the kitchen area a few weeks ago, but reports on tv had said that would be reopened by the end of that week. I haven't heard otherwise, so I assume they did. POSSUMS in your yard BOB?? Gee, they must have been lurking! LOL No, really...I would expect to see them here cause I live out in the country, but you live in a more populated area don't you? Strange...I had a family of skunks take residence in my front yard a few months ago. I worried about rabies then,..... I didn't see the post from Kitcat, but after your comment, I will make sure that the next time I see something posted I will reply to it the best I can...you can be sure of that! And you're absolutely right...were do have a good reputation to uphold here. Thanks for calling that to our attention.

SPARKLESCAMP, My baby brother lives in Berwick...they call that area the end of the world...LOL Debbie set the chat time for 9:15 EST every Thurs night. At the top of the page in the yellow strip, click "FRIENDS" & you will see the Chat option. Come join us next week.

CHERI, Glad you liked the chili. Doesn't it make alot?? It freezes well too. Hey, the walking thing is a new found pleasure for me. I've tried to work up the distance before, but I'd walk about a mile a couple of times a week, then give up. I'm so sore right now from today's walk, but I'm totally into it & will go again the next available opportunity cause I'm feeling so much better! And as far as the soreness, I think it will pass when I'm in better shape. I just read about Sparkle's bike ride though & I LOVE to ride...just don't have a bike...LOL Good for you on making a decision to "ENTER THE RACE" as you said. You've got to do this for you! You really are doing well with the wt loss. It will take a while, but stick with it!

Good night all
Old 03-30-2001, 11:07 PM   #140  

Default Hi Everyone...I've missed ya'll

Hey there. Wanted to hop in and say a quick hi. I will be out of town all of next week and have been on vacation most of this week. It has been a productive week off.

We came back from Atlanta and I cleaned (yuck), went shopping for clothes for my trip next week (yea)...I'm a size 12 now!, and since it is my daughter's b'day week we have had a couple of sleepovers. As a full time working Mom it sure is a joy to have a week where I can pretend I am at home with them and cook and clean at a more relaxed pace. You should see me on the weekdays running around at night getting supper, helping with homework while I cook, cleaning and doing dishes and getting ready for the next day. Weeks like this are cheerished.

For some of you who are new I have been on SB for 15 months now. I have lost 85 pounds and am currently maintaining. I hit goal weight in February and have kept the weight off. Success for me was definitely a combination of eating right and excercise. My advise to everyone is get out and do something. I started by waking around the block. Now I walk 4 miles a day. Just do it.

Well I have to run and will not be back until sometime late next week.

See ya'll then and keep up the good work.

Anna
222/137/140
Old 03-30-2001, 11:36 PM   #141  

Default You're Invited to a Pity Party

I have had a weird day and am in a bit of funk and it bothers me when I feel this way.

Day started fine. Went to a sale and picked up a sweater with veggies on it for the nutritionist at work (I have one and she wanted mine). Called the office to tell her and my boss, who is typically wonderful, answered and was FOUL! Seems I forgot to submit my time and attendance report for March and that was the perfect way for her to manifest her anger. It just got all over me! So I spent part of my day off driving an hour round-trip into the office to fill out a form that could've waited until Monday.

Then the same friend that I mentioned earlier this week completely blew me off today; said she call me and she didn't, then didn't bother to return 2 of my phone calls. Then when I did see her she never mentioned that she was to call me or that I called her. :confused:

She's been telling me for months that she loves to paint (home interiors) and now that I have scheduled myself to do this and have begun to gather supplies, she hasn't even mentioned helping me. It has been difficult for me to see how phoney she is. SHe is not a close friend, someone in a group of friends that I hang out with. I just don't believe in making empty promises and in treating people that way.

There are many other things about her behavior that have given me pause and I know that these are her short comings, not mine. But my inner child gets her feelings hurt very easily and feels like the kid who gets picked last for kickball. I see her as a very sad person. I told DH that I was glad that she was not my only friend.

To make matters worse I tried to eat a late lunch (3:00) and the lady at KFC made me mad and that was just about the last straw! So I skipped lunch! Not good.

DH is a good guy but has those extra X chromosomes that make him genetically inferior when it comes to understanding female emotions. But he gave it his best and I can't ask for more than that.

THANKS to all of you for your kind comments regarding the photos. I am amazed when I see them too. It is wonderful to know that I have been successful and can continue to be if I just hang in there.

Sparkle - Your photos are astonishing. You deserve to be proud of yourself and your recovery. I should have put mine of the bio board too. I'll have to do that someday.

Cathy - You have the most unbelievable blue eyes!

Cheri - The pic with the medals was at the end of the marathon. I have only run in 2 races, a 10-K (6.2 miles) and a marathon (26.2 miles). My DH ran the Disney marathon in 2000 also. It was great, we ran the first 13 together and then he went ahead. He was waiting for me at the finish line where I immediately broke into tears saying "I did it! I did it!" about 50 times over and over. I planned to run Disney 2001 but became quite depressed and gained weight and stopped training.

Bob - So glad you found your drawers ("draws"!).

I posted the cheesecake recipe on the recipe board!

Good night :yawn" ,

Frog

Last edited by Frog Lover; 03-30-2001 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-31-2001, 02:27 AM   #142  
Everyday angel

Default Wow!

Tonight's adventure: rollerblading at night. I normally only go to Pearl City which is miles away. That's why I don't skate much. Well I decided to take a chance at the more crowded Ala Moana beach park in town. I was a little scared, but when I got there the place was full of people (this was about 8 at night)...biking, running, hanging out in groups and pairs and alone, and yes, rollerblading!!! There is a smooth main road that runs between the beach and the park for quite a ways. I did the length of it and back two and a half times at least, actually going OVER my specified hour of cardio today (wow). The most amazing thing is that I learned how to go over speed bumps without slowing down much! (This is a major accomplishment).

I'm amazed at how fast I've gotten better. The first time out recently, I barely lasted half a mile before I winded and sore. The second time I forced myself to skate until I could do a length smoothly, but it was agonizing. This time I didn't hurt, was barely winded and actually felt as comfortable on my skates as on my bike by the end. (However I still don't know how to go up or down hills. But then again I guess I don't do that very well on the bike either. )

So I feel pretty dizzy-high. I had two offers to go out tonight with friends but just didn't want to face the temptation of alcohol and cigarettes after doing so very well this week. My little adventure was better than clubbing any day!

Few random thoughts:

Little rewards that don't cost too much

A massage

A bubble bath

A manicure or pedicure you do yourself, or have a friend do for you

A new hair color or highlights (I did mine at home but be careful!)

A home-cooked meal (especially when somebody else does the cooking) with all the trimmings, wine and real napkins

Incense

Taking 20 minutes to consciously relax every part of your body

A new, matching outfit is a huge boost and doesn't have to be that expensive!

A new book, especially something inspiring

Taking pictures or getting a roll of pictures taken of yourself

Going to garage sales and secondhand stores

Doing something artistic
Old 03-31-2001, 10:09 AM   #143  

Default I AM HERE!!!!! GOING NUTS!!!!!

GOOD MORNING TO EVERYONE!!
i am approaching the week from ****! It will be a very good week but oh my goodness - hope I make it through it.
Oldest daughter getting married next Saturday - YIKES!!
I had set my goal to be 190 for her wedding and this moring weighed in at 183 -- GO ME!!!!!!
Our son is here from Atlanta - songwriter/record producer. Had been in Orlando but came this way on Wednesday. His boss is coming here tomorrow and they have a couple of songs they have to get written - one being for his sister's wedding.
If i have spelling mistakes - sorry - but am really in a hurry and did not want everyone to think I was not here -- just lurking.
I can tell you all one thing when I have a lot of things going on in my life I tend not to eat -- maybe be lower by next Saturday.
Have taken 3 days off from school - will need it. And thank goodness after the wedding we start our spring break.
Thursday we are having the rehearsal in the gardens where she is getting marrie.d
Then Friday - nails - eyebrows - hair - pick up wedding dress - finish making table decorations - those last minute things get to you every time.
Then Friday night - rehearsal dinner here for about 24 people. Stil looking for card tables!
Then after diner go to the country club and decorate.
Then Saturday morning get the flowers - girls get their hair done -and they will be all here getting dressed.
I mentioned about Justin being here - well has set up a mini studio in the 2nd bedroom which had all the wedding things in it which is now in my living room. George is putting together a computer for Lori and those lovely boxes and equipment is in the living room.I also have things in my bedroom. Now mind you - where am I going to put all the people who are going to be staying overningh -- I have an idea -- I will go to a hotel!!!!
Wedding is at noon - then the reception. Then Sunday over to their house to open presents and have a cook out. If you dont see me I will be the heap in the corner!
Also had to have my dress taken in -- can not believe this.
I have one pair of pants to wear that I bought - a size 14-16 womens. YEH!
Am now wearing some of older daughter's clothes. She is 6 ft. 1. She never thought I would be wearing her clothes. I am now thinner than my husband, con and oldest daughter -- that is a mile stone - never been thinner than my husband for 35 years. Of course will never be able to wear other daughter's -- maybe as a scarf -- being that she is a size 2. I have lost her weight. One time 320. If I am repeating myself I am sorry.
Well have to run -- going to flea market and some shopping.
Oh and less I forget my birthday is April Fools Day - dont figure - huh?
Hubby is taking me clothes shopping and that is a first -- better take a picture.
Well ladies -- there you go.
Congrats to everyone - too many new people - can not keep up - especially when you are going to be 59!!!!!
Take Care -- Be Good -- You Can Do It.
Barb
225/183/16?
Old 03-31-2001, 11:55 AM   #144  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MORNING EVERBUDDY!!

BARB WHO BETTER TO BE BORN ON APRIL FOOLS DAY THAN YOU!!
Sounds hectic over there....better for me to be here!
I don't envy you at all
CONGRATS on that WEIGHT LOSS you've done so well, and I can't wait to see you again to see the difference.
Hello to George, and TAKE A DEEP BREATH...it will all be over soon and then MAYBE you all can get back to normal!

FROG Can you feel the {{{{HUG}}}} I'm sending you now? I've had friends like that before, and this is just my opinion, but I think: As long as you were HEAVY you didn't pose a THREAT and she now sees you as one. Even though you're married, BEAUTIFUL people always tend to draw attention...
You FROG are beautiful, and she's afraid YOU'LL be getting all that attention now! My suggestion would be to make her a casual friend and quit thinking of her as a good friend because eveidently...SHE ISN'T
Sorry you had such a bad day yesterday, one little thing can set off the WHOLE DAY...

MELF Didn't see the possums last night, but Skeeter sure was looking for them! Yes, I live in the city limits, not out in the country, so that's why I was so startled to see them. It's not strange to see Raccoons in the city, BUT POSSUMS?????

CHERI Please don't take offense to my post about KITCAT...since the column doesn't tell us WHO? was looking, it wasn't direct at any one person. My whole point here is that we need to help everyone, even if it's in the smallest way. We're a tight group here and I for one want to keep it that way.
I'm glad to hear that you've decided to enter a race. Although we won't be there with you, we'll be cheering you on from here!

BEACH You sure are a TRAVELING MAMA!
If it's pleasure....have a good time....if it's not? MAKE THE BEST OF IT!
Glad you've enjoyed your time with your daughter, it's fun to be involved.

CHRISI envy all the beautiful places you have to choose from over there. That area where you went roller blading sounds like a fun place.

Well Ladies....I'm off to stick my head into another dusty corner! OH, FOR A WEEKLY HOUSEKEEPER

BOB
Old 03-31-2001, 12:49 PM   #145  
VR

Morning ladies.... no time to post today, we are celebrating my gradson's 11th birthday a week early.
Off to see Spy Kids and then to the Old Spaghetti Factory.

As I'm curling my hair and listening to "Talk Radio KGO San Francisco", they have a Dr. Kathleen DesMaisons on.... her web site http://www.radiantrecovery.com/ . Has something to do with sugar addicts, haven't had a chance to really look at it but they are talking about having a small baked potato before you go to bed???? Might be interesting reading!

Talk to you later.. Have a great weekend.

Last edited by VR; 03-31-2001 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-31-2001, 12:51 PM   #146  

Default The weekend has begun, time to catch up!

Before I try to address some of you individually, I wanted to say WOW! You all are insipiring and courageous, we are big bunch of losers and it feels great!

Thank you for all of the well wishes, prayers, and ideas regarding my upcoming surgery. It's the first of 3 over the next 10 or so months. I am going to go grocery shopping the weekend before and cook some things and freeze them, that way I won't have to think about it - just pull out and microwave.

cheri45: The abslider is not difficult to use at all. At first I could barely do 20, now I have doubled and if I really pushed I think I could get to 50.

Quilter: Congratulations on your 2lb loss, -11lbs is a lot to be proud of.

cathycathy: Glad to have you in the group. Your picture is beautiful.

Debelli: Sorry to hear about Viv's father. I hope you have fun together this weekend! and about your ability to totally conquer chocolate - WOW- Thanks for the snack tips. Could you please email me your hummus recipe, I have no idea what this is, but I like adventure. I don't have any food restrictions from my surgeon, just that I don't chew the first 2 days and then eat very soft foods for the next week. Any ideas are welcome.

Country: Your weight loss since Feb 5 is teriffic! I know what is like to be sitting at the next lower ten, we will do the happy dance together when you get to 200.

amseraphim: Congratulations on your weight loss!

StarChaser: an early happy one month sb anniversary!

Rosalie: Please email me the soup receipies [email protected]. Thank you, I love mushroom soup, but have not a clue how to make it, I've eaten it from a can all my life.

Sparklescamp: I read your bio and visited your website, girl I think your story is incredible! You truly should be proud, you are beautiful and strong willed. Thank you for sharing your journey. Your girlfriend doesn't seem to understand that if there is an obsession involved here it's your will to take care of your self and control your own destiny. I printed the reward list. I tend to reward myself with sf nf yogurt, I think I try to steer myself away from this habit and find rewards that are not food related.

Bee125: Congratulations on your success, -3 and counting

Aleka: Welcome.

Overcome: Yes, small successes build on themselves. Look at the success we are all having and it all started with just one small step.

Catsrule: Congratulations on the weight loss!

FrogLover: Your pictures are beautiful and really tell the story of your loss. Thanks you for sharing them and the picture of man and dog - they are both cuties! Also, thanks for all of the information, I have printed it and will use to help me with my grocery list for next week.

Karen3000: I will try to post after surgery, but we will see. If it's anything like the last one, the meds really make me spacey.

Melf: Thanks for the tips and yes, please mail me your recipe for lentils. Also, I need to go back to the sweettalk message board, there was something about glucosamine not stalling weight loss. I find the info. and post it as I take my glucosamine, msm, chondritin complex once a day and it's a must. I finally found something that helps my arthritis and haven't had to take tylenol but once since I began to take it.

Beachfan37: Thanks for sharing your story. I am going to pass it on to one of my friends, she has 150lbs to lose and I love showing her that with some work and dedication to sb that she can be successful.

Barbee: You met and surpassed your goal by 7lbs - Good For You! Have a wonderful birthday and I hope your daughter's wedding is wonderful.

The kids are getting stir crazy and chores must be done, so I'm off. Hope to see you on AOL ... ldblond (that is a little "L" not an "I".

Lara
Old 03-31-2001, 02:00 PM   #147  

Default NOTE TO BOB

BOB - thanks for the info. I do know that what you said is the absolute truth - that bit about her being insecure and feeling threatened. It is obvious to several who know her (and by her own admission) that she is insecure about people with looks, money (I have none), and education (I have an M.A. and spouse and MBA). I do know that as long as I was a 16 she was cool with it, but now that people are starting to comment on my loss that she doesn't like the attention that I'm receiving. This is a very needy woman who will take attention at all costs, even if it is negative. SHe spent the last 45 minutes of the St. Pat's day party telling another woman how intimidated she used to be of her. SHe drinks too much and some type of other sort of truly mental problem that I've yet to put my finger on - I don't think that she is able to be alone with her kids because they stress her out. She is married to a great guy with a fabulous job and lives in a great house. She is just so insecure that she doesn't see what she has for what she wants. Luckily we are not close friends or even good ones, we just run in the same crowd on a frequent basis. I was able to see some things in her character that concerned me a LONG time ago and I have kept her a little at arms length.

I'm also in the midst of a battle on a non-profit board that I co-chair, the other co-chair is the center director. She is incompetent and I set out to assist in making some positive changes and she and her staunch supporters have begun a letter writing campaign against me and those who have also pointed out her inadequacies. This Tuesday there will be a big pow-wow with lots of interested parties to discuss the issues and how to solve them. I'm quite anxious about it. It started out as an attempt to make the center a better place and has suddenly become a character assasination. My place of employment is one of the stakeholders and they (my boss and an invested co-worker who was past co-chair) are ready to pull the plug on this chick too. But to outsiders and her supporters it looks like an orchestrated witch hunt. People think that because I recently went to work for this agency that they have somehow brainwashed me. I know this is a complicated story, but I'm saying all this because I feel that I did the right thing on behalf of the tax-paying citizens who access the center, but when I start to sense that people don't like me I am filled with self-doubt. I beleive that after Tuesday's meeting that I will resign, especially if my employer chooses to no longer take part.

These two events combined have taken a toll on my fragile self-esteem! That's why I needed a pity party last night. Thanks for indulging me.

It's times like these that I am reminded that my husband is my best friend and that I still need family!

Honey-bunny (DH) was great this a.m. and encouraged me to have a good cry and get it over with. I did and I feel better. We have been tearing apart our kitchen this morning and I'm taking a break from the work. We live in a house that was built in 1930 and it is chock-full of little idiosynchrosies. But we love it. We took on a This Old House sized project today and don't have all the skills nor tools to complete it. Thank God there is a Lowe's nearby! I'm also thankful that I don't have any events planned here until the first of Oct, because it may take us that long to get this mess straightened out!
I'm taking pics and will share them sometime.

Thanks again for the hug and the supportive comments. I knew you guys would understand!

Peace to my cyber friends,

Frog
Old 03-31-2001, 03:03 PM   #148  

Default Spring clothes

Hello everyone-

Talbots was having a sale and I was so anxious to get over there and get some spring clothes. Their clothes are soooo nice and the sales people are very helpful. They will get different sizes and bring them to the dressing room for you, etc. Mind you, on sale their clothes are still on the higher end but you certainly get what you pay for.

I got three pairs of pants, two skirts, one dress, and three t-shirts. I spent more than I wanted to but here's the news....I was a size 4! A size 4?!! How is that possible?? I had ordered a pair of size 8 pants in December and they didn't fit right so I returned them. But a size 4?? For one thing...since Talbots is a better brand, their sizes are certainly more forgiving. I'm only telling you all b/c I know you'll be happy for me and can truly share in this success with me. I would never share this with anyone else (except Pete and my mom). Now I certainly must stay this size after the $$$ I spent!

FROG...love the pics! They are so wonderful. You and your husband make such a nice couple. I'm sorry your "friend" caused you so much distress. I can totally relate...actually I can relate to both sides of your story. My best friend is one of these ppl who is seemingly PERFECT. She teaches first grade with me and I feel like I can never be as good as she is. So, I can be an insecure friend too. She is a very nice person, and puts on no airs at all....it is totally in my mind, but still, hard for me to deal with sometimes. Be a bigger person (well, not literally!) and deal with her the best you can. I'm lucky my friend puts up with me!!

DEBELLI...anxious to hear how it goes with VIV. I thought of you when I was in Talbots b/c I know you think that store is out of your league. I assure you, its not! You should check out the sales online and see what you think.

GLORYB...welcome back!!

SparkleScamp...weird thing with that guy on the internet. Glad you found out it was his wacky wife who wrote that message and not him! Although at this point I suppose it doesn't matter since you've broken off contact. Keep those posts coming...your enthusiasm is contagious.

MELF...congrats on the walking!! I am so proud of you and smile just thinking about your success. I've been totally into it too...I think the positive results I've had inspire me to keep at the exercise!! Wouldn't it be fun to walk together??

How are our newbies doing?? Stick with it, you'll be glad you did!!

BBL
Ashley

Last edited by overcome; 03-31-2001 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-31-2001, 03:51 PM   #149  

HI everyone!

It's kind of cloudy outside and I haven't had my walk yet. I will have to hurry and get out there in case it rains. Now that I 've started walking everyday, I feel so bad when I don't go out there. My back is at the point where it doesn't really hurt but I can feel the muscles getting tired. So I'm getting better

BOB: Don't worry. There was no offense taken at all. I just want to make sure that I welcome new people to the board with the same support and enthusiasm that you all gave to me when I first decided on this woe. This is the best place I have EVER found to get support. You all are awsome!

Frog: I'm glad that you feel better today. You are a kind and beautiful person on the inside and out and deserve the best. It sounds like you have a wonderful husband who loves and supports you in everything you do. That's wonderful. As for your renovations, it sounds really fun but scary too. I love old houses. They have so much more character.

Chris: Wow, you are motivated. The rollerblading sounds like so much fun. I really think it's wonderful how you have come so far. You seem to have it all mapped out and once written down you just go out and do it. I have written down goals that I want to attain and have written them down, but I don't think I've accomplished one. I'm trying to. Exercise: Once I get through a month, I think I will be able to pretty much say that that will become a habit that I won't want to break. Eating Healthy: Everyday is a constant struggle to stay op. I really admire you for being able to just "DO IT".

Barbee: It sounds like you have sooooo much to do. It also sounds like you have it all pretty much under control. Take a deep breath and push through it all and it'll all be over before you know it. And congratulations on your weightloss. That is so awsome!

Veronica: Have fun at your grandson's birthday. I'm going to check out the website you provided. Thanks.

Lara: I will have to go ahead and buy the abslider. Maybe it'll help my stomach to go down. I have had four major abdominal surgeries. I don't think it'll ever be really flat but at least maybe I won't look like I'm pregnant Again, hope everything goes well with your surgeries. You are in my prayers.

Melf: You were right, the lentil recipie did make a lot. I remembered that you said it would freeze well. So now I have some for future meals.

Aleka: Welcome. You have definitely come to the right place. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Everyone is very helpful.

Bee: Congratulations on your loss! 3 pounds is terrific!

Debbie: Hope you have a nice time visiting with Viv and let her know that she and her father are definitely in my
prayers.

Kim: Hope you're having a great time with your family.

Ashley: Congratulations on the size 4. That is a great accomplishment. I know that you must be so very proud of yourself. Well, go ahead and be really proud. You deserve it.

I'll be back later. Hope everyone has a great day.

Cheri
287/273/145
Old 03-31-2001, 04:26 PM   #150  

Theres always such a lot of posts to catch up and so much happening with everyone how on earth do you all manage.

You are in to lots of activities SPARKLE. biking and rollerblading in the same day!
I got a mountain bike about 2 months ago, hadnt been on one for like 25 years. Its not so flat around here and the road is rough. I find it very hard work!!!
Last week I fell of and didnt take it well ( dont like getting hurt ) Havnt been back on it since.

Well its 4/1 here today so "a pinch and a punch for the first of the month" lol.

DEBBIE I emailed the JokN'Al peolpe and there told me where I could purshase their products so will do, thanks
Closed Thread