More than a week 2 9.52%
Usually til the scale shocks me into submission-no set time frame 2 9.52%
Me? I NEVER Cheat! 0 0%
Other (care to explain ?) 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 03:25 PM   #136  

Thumbs down Happy Happy Saturday!

It's been a beautiful day here. Not as hot/muggy as it has been. My DD and I went walking and had a good time. She walks faster than my DH so I got in a good work out. My house is a WRECK. I need to get motivated and clean but I'm just being lazy today. Knowing I have Monday off, I don't feel so pressured to get everything in order before we go back to school/work.

Hey GATOR/CROC: Have fun playing San Jose State today. Auburn has a little tougher test...USC

Bama's on TV right now playing Southern Florida. Hope SF wins

Rosalie: We miss you...have fun with the GS at soccer.

Susan WE miss you. Things don't look so good for the election Sending you good vibes

kittywillow: Stop worrying and just join in and post. All newbies are welcomed and you didn't really start anything. There's just been a misunderstanding which is over now.

Monet: If I could I would magically make it where you didn't have to work Monday. DH has to work too. That's the bummer about working retail. Holidays are about non-existent!
Glad DS is on antibiotics. Hubby here is better. Son has it but he is like the Ever Ready Bunny...he just keeps on going. Hope you feel better soon.

Deb: WE ARE going to get back down and stay there! I guess you are right...at least we didn't gain all our weight back and the bright side is we didn't gain back all our weight plus some which I have done before. Have a great weekend.

Fruit: Hope you are having fun but not too much fun.

Well have to run...Have a great weekend everyone.

Anna

Last edited by beachfan37; 08-30-2003 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-30-2003, 04:20 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

A Lawyer and the Pope Die and Go to Heaven…

A lawyer died. At the same moment, the Pope also died. They arrived at the gates of heaven at the same moment. They spend the day in orientation, and as they're getting their heavenly vestments, the Pope gets a plain white toga and wings, like everyone else, and the lawyer gets much finer apparel, made of gold thread, and Gucci shoes.

Then, they get to see where they're going to live. The Pope gets what everyone else gets, a replica of a Holiday Inn room, and the lawyer gets an 18-room mansion with servants and a swimming pool.

At dinnertime, the Pope receives the standard meal, a kosher TV dinner, but the lawyer receives a five-course meal including caviar, prime rib and chocolate truffles.

By this time, the lawyer is beginning to suspect that an error has been made, so he asks one of the angels in charge, "Has there been some kind of mistake? This guy was the Pope, and he gets what everyone else gets, and I'm just a lawyer and I'm getting the finest of everything?"

The angel replied, "No mistake, sir. We've had lots of Popes here, but you're the first lawyer we've ever had."
Old 08-30-2003, 04:35 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Just got back from town- I had $40 and made it stretch. I stopped at a yard sale on the way to town and got 2 pairs of capris for a buck each. They are size 14. One fits just right and the other is very tight, especially on my butt. Then I went to a thrift store and got a blouse, toy phone for Ashley, toy gun for Boogie, nice shirt for Ashley, and a Barbie beach chair for Ashley-all for $3. They were having a sale. Then I went to Big Lots, didn't find nothing there except some spices, etc. Oh, and I bought a 72% cocoa Droste chocolate bar. I was hungry and ended up eating the whole darn thing! No wonder I have a sour stomach now. I still don't understand how it's legal if the 2nd ingriedent is sugar. The bar has 2.5 servings- each serving has 18 g of carbs and 12 g sugar. Ugh, now that I see that in writing, I wish I hadn't bought it and consumed the WHOLE THING! Okay, okay, it could be worse. Anyway, back to my shopping. I then went to Dirt Cheap and got Ashley a pair of nice overalls for a buck. Then went next door to Hudson's where they received a shipment of nice clothes at good prices. I got a really pretty top that is light purple and suede-like and looks really expensive, a pretty red sweater, 2 winter tops for Boogie, and 2 winter tops for Ashley. I have $2 left!! I wish I had more money- then I could have got the kids winter clothes at excellent prices. Oh, well. Not much else going on- Robby's cutting grass and later he's going fishing with the "guys"- then I will be bored again. Oh, I forgot- I borrowed some movies from my friend. I got Just Married, Head of State, and Lord of the Rings(the Two Towers). Well, that's all folks...
Old 08-30-2003, 04:55 PM   #139  

BEACH: Its been overcast here in Hotlanta! And just now, it started thundering. The sun is shining some though. I wish it would rain...we need it. We usually get your weather after you are done with it!

HEART: Wow, you did some great shopping! I love going to Big Lots and looking for bargains, but I don't do it very often. I found an electric mattress pad there a year or two ago that was $19. It was exactly like the one I had that had broken, that had cost $79 the year before! I still have it, and it works great! I went there at Christmas last year with my daughter, and we had a blast!

I think I will toddle down and find some chocolate. Heartmom's talking about chocolate has made me think of it!
Old 08-30-2003, 05:18 PM   #140  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Talk about rain!! Went to a PW board meeting this morning and then to Sam's. It was nice (and so was I) when I went in but pouring when I came out. I waited a bit hoping it would let up, but not my luck! The parking lot was a swimming pool. By the time I got everything packed in the trunk I was a sad sight. Not just the idea of bedraggled hair but clothes plastered to this body gives one pause!!!! I backed car as far as I could into the garage (I was stopped by the weight lifting bench and bars, that sits there as decor) DS and I unloaded car and then I moved car out, no use him getting wet too. Even walked out to the mailbox. Had to strip and shower so my hair would look decent tonight, I am working the box office at the Community Theater. That's my adventure for today!

TRISH: Nice to see your post, you know you are always welcome here.

JACKK: Glad you are managing your RA. You're just the energizer bunny! You would have to remind me to stay legal! I'll do my best, no food involved in todays activities.

FILLISE: Nice to see a Hi from you.

GATOR: How boring if we all had the same tastes and thought alike! I always add a couple of tablespoons extra to the cheesecake, think it has more flavor that way and tastes like a true cheescake!

MONET: You're such a good mother. The job never ends! Hope your son appreciates you and that he will feel better soon!
My sentiments are a dose of Southern Comfort is good for any contingency. Tired? Have a shot! Blue? Have a shot! Happy? Hey feel happier!

kitty: Did we say you're trouble?!? Read above, have a shot and stop feeling troubled!

ROSALIE: Hope you enjoy the job, will make it easier being away from home.

MONET: How nice that Tom sticks to the list. My DH liked to shop I would write out a list for him. He would return with non-list items, I tell him they were not on the list. He would show the list and say they are now! He would add the items to the llist. Hope you feel better.

BEACH: Nice to see the Happy Happy Saturday! We need to be reminded about such things!

HEART: Cute. I'll use it tomorrow with my group! What a great shopping spree!

Think I will take a little rest so I can be bright eyed and bushy tailed tonight.

Take care, Shirley
Old 08-30-2003, 05:33 PM   #141  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

JUST A QUICKIE...

Darn, I swear, the minute I see the computer free and jump on I hear "when are you going to be off the computer!" I can't win.

Will get on tomorrow morning when everyone is asleep and try to catch up. Crap, he just asked me again (MICHAEL). Okay, toodles to you all!

Deb
Old 08-30-2003, 05:41 PM   #142  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HAPPY FIRST SATURDAY OF FOOTBALL TO YOU ALL!!!!!

HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!!!! ......MONET,
you can cheer now...they won, and it was a GREAT GAME!!!!

BEACH.....WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU WATCH ALABAMA WHEN YOU COULD BE WATCHING THE VOLUNTEERS??????? THEY'RE WINNING!!!!!

SUSAN....I'LL BE TUNED IN FOR THE AUBURN GAME AND YELLING MY HEAD OFF!!! WAR EAGLE!!!!

GATOR.....ARE YOU GOING TO THE GAME????? I just saw on the ticker at the bottom of the screen that THE VISER MAN released DANNY!!! I thought he was doing good up there.....Wonder what happened?????

LAURIE.....{{{{{{{{{WELCOME TO THE BOARD}}}}}}}}}}
Another MISSISSIPPI person......OLE MISS or MISS STATE?????
Gotta know....we're an SEC dominate board.....

MISSY.....I'LL BE TUNED IN.....I THINK LSU HAS THIS ONE WITH NO PROBLEM!!!! Of course, I'll be watching just to LUST after the COACH!!!!!
I'm sure you'll make in on the E CHANNEL'S WILD ON BOURBON STREET segment....Someone asked if you showed your BOOBS!!!!
When she had them, she didn't do it, but now that she's proud of what she's got......WE KNOW MISSY!!!!!! , and now that we know you're drinkin 3 for 1, WE'LL DEFINATELY SEE YOU DOING SOMETHING!!!!! GO TIGERS!!!!

TRISH...I don't know if I'll be able to get your game, but if we do, I'll definately help you cheer them on!!!! GLAD YOu'RE BACK!!!

OK...here we go about the trip....

We left an afternoon early (as I said before) ...got to CORDELE
about 8p.m. Uneventful ride up...SKEETER slept in the back seat the whole way up....got him in the room, and he wouldn't eat his
supper....too many KRYSTAL'S ......
The next morning we were preparing to leave the room and I thought it would be quicker to pick him up and carry him to the car since he waddles so slow!!! Just as I did, I must have squeezed him too hard and the POOP PAINTER was in business again....he had held it since we left home and just couldn't hold it any longer!!! OH MY GAWD!!!! What a mess....we decided just to pay the extra money and let them clean the carpet....I've never seen so much poop from a little dog!!!!!
I'm having a time with him eating since we've been here...he won't eat anything but his string cheese !!!! Talk about being clogged up, when it comes, it's gonna be another BLOW OUT!!!! Just hope it's not on one of Scottie's expensive rugs!!!

We haven't done ANYTHING.....watched movies and reclined....of course, since today is FOOTBALL DAY, that's what I'm doing...
We went to the produce market and bought 8lbs of white half runner beans and while we were watching a movie yesterday, we got them strung and I cooked them to have on hand....she's gone now to get more, since we found out that we've got a bunch of people coming tomorrow to eat....I'm making a meat loaf, more green beans, fried corn, fried okra, cornbread...fresh maters.....Will have a little of everything since it's all fresh from the garden....

Gotta go, half time is over and I've got to get back to the game.
Hope everyone has a good weekend and holiday....I'll be checking in...

BOB

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!
Old 08-30-2003, 05:41 PM   #143  

Default Hello everyone

I am SuperDave and new to this board.
Married to same woman 45 years have 2 children Son and Daughter with 3 Grandchildren 15,13,7. Live in Ft Worth Tx
and hope to get to know everyone and get support and also give support. This is a GREAT board. I have been on adkins for 8 months and having been trying to get on Sugar Busters and now I am here. I have 30 pound to lose and have lost 32 on adkins. Just got off two week vacation in Euorpe went to France and Beligium where my Son and family lives. I only gained 1 pound and had lots of red wine and good food. But I stayed within the Sb guidelines and it works if you work it. Yes I cheated a couple times. Thanks for your support.

SUPERDAVE
Old 08-30-2003, 07:39 PM   #144  

Hi Dave Welcome...the board is always slow on the weekends. Yes, SB is great and it does work. I have a friend doing South Beach...I told her it is basically Atkins the 1st 2 weeks and SB after that. Sounds like you had a great time in Europe.

BOB Hey I'm from Alabama I have to watch the in state games 1st. AU is losing bad right now. We don't have our act together. Wonder why we start the season with such a tough team Oh well, that's life and it is just the 2nd quarter right now. Maybe we will turn it around.

Deb...I know what you mean about the puter...I need one for each person in my family! Don't have that but boy would they want it! Every once in a while I will eat a banana. But not too often now. Doing WW with SB, means I have to look for lower calorie alternatives or I starve.

Sef...Glad you like the happy Saturday. I too think we all need to enjoy special days and I think Saturdays are always special.

Dinner tonight is steak, rice and carrots. For newbies the book says carrots are a no no but several researches into the GI of the carrots supports that they are ok.

Hey all a newbie posted a new question under the weekly support board. I directed her here and told her to hit post reply not new thread. But if you get a chance go see if you can answer her ? about moving from Atkins to SB.
Old 08-30-2003, 09:25 PM   #145  

Wink I'm made it!!!

Well, after almost a week of Monet telling about the boards and how wonderufl a place this is, I have finally meandered my way over and have been reading the last week's worth of the board. This is definitely a great bunch and even though this is my first post, I already feel at home.

Let me introduce myself.... I am Amy, a married mother of 3, working full time with Monet in the bakery (boy it's rough!!), and new to SB. I was diagnosed with suger difficulites (for lack of another way to say it), and told to lose 10 pounds by Sept 22 with the help of Phentermin(e) [sp?]. As of Friday night, the scales at my house and 2 other reliable scales both read that I am already down 8 pounds!!!! All this from dropping almost all sugar (only the limited natural, good sugars going into this mouth), watching how much, and what I eat and drinking between 1 and 2 gallons, if not more water a day. I've spoiled myself the last 3 days with 1 diet coke each day.... which is a major switch for the better for me. In looking back, I was drinking 6-8 cans of soda a day.... so I'm guessing that's where alot of my sugar addiction came into play with my levels.

I've been good in reading all the info I can on SB, getting wonderful support (Thanks a million Monet!!), and looking forward to shocking the pants off the dr when I go back in 3 weeks. I know that the first 1-2 weeks are when the biggest difference is noticed, so if I only drop 1-2 pounds the next couple weeks I'll be ok....

keeping my fingers crossed here in Hotlanta!!!!
hugs!

Pixie

Old 08-30-2003, 11:12 PM   #146  

WILD: Glad you made it! And thanks for giving me credit, where I certainly don't deserve it! I hope you do shock the pants of Einstein. He deserves it, playing that foot on the scale trick!

BOB: The Dawgs won, huh? Hooray! Maybe I can be a real fan this year! Sorry about the problem in Cordele....sounds dreadful! When are you coming to Hotlanta? I am off in the afternoons, from about 1 on....

SUPERDAVE: Welcome! I hope you can stand being around all these women! We really love having a token male though! Our last one disappeared!

SEF: Sounds like you had quite an adventure with the rain! Maybe you should have had a boat instead of a car!

DEB: I keep telling you, you are too nice! You deserve a turn on the computer too! If it isn't schoolwork, they ought to have to go read a book until you are finished.

Its about time for bed, and my head is swimming. Sweet dreams everyone!
Old 08-31-2003, 08:14 AM   #147  

Post pot pies

hello to all .... please can you tell me what are pot pies ??? i hear you guys talking about them ... thanks
Old 08-31-2003, 11:08 AM   #148  

Red face Glorious Sunday

Happy Glorious Sunday

Weather is still pretty here. Monet and Pixie, it should be getting pretty in Hotlanta too! Well DD is at work this morning. I have to pick her up at 11...this is a new job working in the nursery of a church. We have to figure out when we'll go to church now...because she is working when we usually go. DH is feeling better but DS is not. He's still asleep this morning. DH said he is up to getting a walk in today. So my walking partner is back. My weigh in is tomorrow for WW but I cheated and looked this morn and it looks like I may be at 167...We'll see what the official weekly weight is tomorrow.

Willow: They are talking about Shelton Pot Pies. Pot pies are usually a meat and vegetables mixed with a cream sauce. Kind of like a meat pie. They buy them in health food stores. I've never seen them in the regular stores. They are low carb.

PIXIE WELCOME: Congrats on doing so well. I too have a sugar problem...so this woe has been very helpful for me. FYI...my DH works for Publix too. I have 2 children a 16 year old DD and almost 15 yearold DS.

GATOR and BOB: I think you know why I am embarrased! AU has to regroup!

Have a great day everyone.

Anna
Old 08-31-2003, 12:02 PM   #149  

Still DMSing here...and I am getting worried about it. This has to be the worst I have ever experienced. Any post menopausal members care to reassure me? Is it normal to have niagra falls, or should I be concerned?

On a happier note, I hopped on the scale this morning, and I am down another two pounds. Maybe three, but my scale sucks and the needle won't stay still. I was just happy to see the new number! I did not even have to lean very far to the side!

WILLOW: The Shelton Pot Pies are made with all white chicken meat, and a whole wheat crust. They are not actually low carb, but are totally legal for SugarBusters. I find mine at a health food store. as Beachfan mentioned. They are really yummy! It's nice to find a convienence food that is ok for SB. I tend to stock up on them, and get like two cases (12) at a time. They give me a 10% discount on them, which makes it even better! Check at your local health food store, and if they don't have them, you might ask if they can get them. They are frozen, by the way.
Old 08-31-2003, 12:03 PM   #150  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Okay, so I didn't get on here as I thought this morning and we are getting ready to leave the house in a few, late start today, so either tonight or tomorrow I'll get caught up - somehow

{{{HUGS}}

Debbie
Closed Thread