More than a week 2 9.52%
Usually til the scale shocks me into submission-no set time frame 2 9.52%
Me? I NEVER Cheat! 0 0%
Other (care to explain ?) 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 01:05 PM   #121  

Quick check in..

I am going to take my son to my doctor this afternoon. He sounds like he has a nasty case of bronchitis. All this running to the doctor makes me wish I had gone to med school! I am so fascinated with disease...I just never wanted to deal with the biology and chemistry classes!

I just got back from running errands. I stopped at the HFS and stocked up on Shelton pot pies. I love those things! I found a few interesting products in the frozen foods, but did not buy any. They had chicken nuggets, breaded with whole wheat. There was some line about batter though, that listed cornmeal. That made me a bit leary about trying them. The same brand had spinach and feta rolls, pizza rollls, and several other items that were predominately whole wheat. I may break down and try them some day. Anyone ever see or try something like these?

I have two pot pies in the toaster oven. My son is going to come over early, and eat lunch before we have to leave to go to the doctor.

I had a surprise arrival of DMS ( during..as opposed to pre- Can't use the popular abbreviation as my dearly beloved hubby is Tom, and I can't bring myself to call something I loathe by the name of someone I love so much.) I guess that explains some of why I felt like I had been beaten yesterday. I am getting to the age where these things ought to cease...I wish they would some days.

JACK: How is your RA doing? Does the cold weather bother you? I find as the weather turns, I feel rather crappy. One more reason to move to Florida according to Tom..... Enjoy your weekend.

GATOR: Sorry you had computer problems. I missed you, and wondered what was up! Obviously, not your computer!
How long does it take for a swallowtail to come out of a crysalis? I have one on my dill plant, and I want to keep an eye on it, and hopefully see it happen!

DEB: Good article on whole wheat. I have had to explain the enriched wheat is NOT whole grain, and that wheat rolls at restaurants are not ok. Its kind of hard when people are trying to accomodate me and my diet, and feel so proud of themselves for getting me wheat bread. I mean, what do you say? I have had to explain it, and sometimes they just don't get it!

PANCHO: I hope the baby is ok....

HEART: Wow...you are doing great! Nice steady losses! Congrats!

ANGE: The pot pies are great aren't they? I honestly think my daughter had ulterior motives in getting me to come in! She left and I had to do ALL the dishes! There were about 20 bags, and 50 tips and a dozen spatulas, and, and, and! It took me 30 minutes to wash it all! She always was sneaky!

BEACH: I hope my manager appreciated it too. In fact, I told him he better, or else! Enjoy your weekend! I have to work Monday. Why or why didn't I tell him not to schedule me?

I am making brown sweet rice to make rice pudding. I found the brown sweet rice at a different HFS today. It is a naturally sweet tasting, sticky rice. If you like rice pudding, you might check your local HFS and see if they carry it. I have one bag that says Lund brand. They are all bulk packaging though.

Later!

Old 08-29-2003, 03:04 PM   #122  

Default I'M BAAACCKK!!!!!

Well, I knew if I waited around long enough Deb would send the posse out after me. It's just a ploy to make sure I'm still wanted, LOL.

I see we have a ton of new people on the board, so I'll introduce myself. My name is Trish, 44 years old, married, 2 sons, 18 and 11. I live in a tiny town in Texas called Pflugerville, just outside of Austin.

It's been a crazy summer. Jordan, our oldest, turned 18 in May and graduated from high school. He leaves the end of September for Marine boot camp. He's going into Security Forces (they do stuff like anti-terrorism, guard the White House, guard Embassies, you know low-key stuff that doesn't worry a mom at all) and we're very proud. Seth started middle school 2 weeks ago.

I've really missed you guys. My eating has actually been pretty good (not counting vacation) but the exercise has been pretty non-existent. I lost my walking buddy and I hate walking alone. Gotta either find a new one or figure out something.

Missy, I thought about you when we came through Louisiana last month. We were on our way home from Destin, Florida. Can you believe it's finally football season? The Longhorn season opener is Sunday and I won tickets at the office. Woohoo!!

Deb, thanks for sending the search party out after me. I promise I won't stay away so long.

Sorry I don't have time to respond to everyone.

Have a great Friday!!

Trish
Old 08-29-2003, 03:18 PM   #123  

I LOVE BEING OFF...I can keep up with the posts!

Hi Trish...I was on the board a while back and have recently rejoined...I have a 16 and 2 weeks from being 15 year old. Welcome back.

Gator: I've been so busy this week I haven't been able to post much either. Sorry about the computer...I hate it when something goes wrong. It messes up my day, and week!

Monet: Hope your son is better both DH and DS have had something. DH went to the DX for the 1st time in forever and ended up on Advair for breathing. It was a virus that quickly went to the lungs/bronchial tubes. Hope DS can fend this off and not get as bad.

Deb: You're right that we WILL get back down. I can't believe you get in 4.5 miles each day. That is amazing. I haven't been able to do that much. Way to go.

Pancho: Thanks for the advice. I will bottle up this impatience and let it out once I get to goal. I DON'T want to ever gain this weight back.

Heart: Sounds like you are doing good. I'm from Alabama and I have very mixed emotions about the 10 Commandments issue. I don't want God taken from the pledge or off of our money and if something has been posted forever somewhere I don't think it is right to make it come down. But I'm afraid that the judge who started all of this by putting the monument there this past year is using God and deliberately creating the situation to further his career. That scares me. Now he is saying he will run for the Senate. I just don't know what to think. But like you I worry about our country. I would be interested to know what Fillise/Susan thinks because she has more incite into what is going on politically in Montgomery.

Well have to run.

See ya'll soon.
Old 08-29-2003, 03:37 PM   #124  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Just got home from getting the kids. Went to yoga class - missed it, well, missed it with the exception of having to do some ab work! Picked up a bunch of movies while I was there - lots of foreign films, just 2 American ones, one is THE MAN FROM ELYASIAN FIELDS. They couldn't find SIMONE which was supposed to be there.

HEART, I don't think I'd eat cabbage at anyone's house either - it's total fart food, I'm sure they were just wanting to save you the agony of the gas You should tape the kids talking and play it when they are older. We found a tape that MICHAEL did from elementary school and played it the other day - no one could figure out who was on the tape - it was hysterical! I know they have the brushes on Ebay - I think they're worth trying to find if you get the frizzies!

GATOR, glad to hear your computer is up and running -how'd that happen in the first place?

MONET, hope DS is okay. The nuggets, are the ones you saw HEALTH IS WEALTH? Now that I read on, it has to be because they have the pizza rolls and the like as well. They have another one, not pizza, I think they are jalapeno, but I can't remember, but they are the ones with the lowest fat and they are delish!!!! It's hard for those to understand that when something says wheat flour it's not whole wheat, I guess it's not so bad, at least you are teaching them something!

TRISH, good to see you back - now make sure you come back this time and don't go MIA for so long again, otherwise I'm going to have to drag your butt to the DETOX DUNGEON!!!!

BEACH, I forgot to ask you - are you still eating bananas? Let's look at the bright side of this - at least we didn't gain all the weight we lost back again! I am hoping to get back to goal by the end of the year and then on my 4 year SB Anniv. in March get below to where I was really comfortable, at 122, but whatever I achieve it will surely be better than where I stand at this time!

Okay, I'm outta here!

Later!

Deb
Old 08-29-2003, 03:51 PM   #125  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Busy! Busy! Busy! Tuesday out singing, Wednesday - choir library work in the morning and choir in the evening, Thuirsday - usual nursing home group then to another nursing home to sing. This a.m. to breakfast and Bingo with friends (I hate Bingo but like friends!), am trying to get caught up with laundry etc now. Tomorrow meeting at church for the PW. All I have dome this week is run! I always say I don't want to rust out.......at this pace I will certainly wear out! But it is fun and better than sitting home moping!

FRUIT: Good thoughts going your way. I know we want to lose, but you need to feel good. If the meds give you a couple of pounds and feeling better that's what counts. Proportionately you will probably keep losing.

DEB: What would we do without the lessons you give us on food, products and the numbers they contain?! They really are helpful.

BOOM: Welcome to our Board. Everyone here is very helpful and I find out the most useful stuff here.

ANGE: Welcome. Every scale seems to weigh differently. I need a new one, I had bought a cheaper one to replace one I had for a long time. Cheap AINT good! I can weigh 250 today and 200 tomorrow!

HEART: Enjoyed the pics. No wonder the kids are so cute, look at their Mom! About the 10 Commandments Monument. Maybe that aethist lawyer did some good! How many people probably walked past that monument and never gave it a thought; or how many people never give the 10 Commandments a thought. Then along comes someone and stirs things up. Suddenly everyone is talking and getting religion. Now they are aware. I wonder how many of the protestors can cite the 10? I think we need a wake-up call about the roots of our country. Unfortunately it seems that when we protect someone's freedom there are those that say there's is limited by the action. Where does it end?

BOB: I copied the Holiday Inn post to take into group Monday. They will love it!

TEENSY: Got to thinking, you probably can't buy zinc lids anymore! Don't know how it would work out the the insert lids. Should be okay. I got the recipe from an older woman and those type lids were all that was available.....you know in the dark ages. When I started canning you had a choice of the two types and I just used what she did.

LIBRA: I with you on the low self esteem bit. I'm sure many others have the same problem. Part is my upbringing and part "who would want to have anything to do with me, a fatty". I was good at my job and interacted well there because of it, but my personal stauff isn't so hot. I hate to join new groups, etc. As I've aged I've gotten a little better...."here I am, this is as good as I get!" We're just glad you found us and sticking with us!

LAURIE: Welcome. I too am not here for a five pound loss. I often feel discouraged when I think of 100#. I did great and was down 70, when I hit some emotional problems and it was a wall I could not get over. Gradually I gained back some of the weight which made me feel worse. This group of wonderful epople did not give up on me. I think I have my emotions under control once more and am beginning to lose again. I don't think I could have done it without everyone here! I am also trying not to look at 100#, for me it is a whelming number. I am going to concentrate on small losses and hopefully one be amazed
at how they all mounted up to one big loss!!

MONET: You must be a dynamo to get all those cakes done! I think I'd need more than a handful of Ibruprofen!

PANCHO: Why make the pilaf just for family? Use brown rice and have some yourself!

I've got to find those Shelton Pies!

I'm sorry I havaen't been around much. I keep busy but sometimes the price is I have to rest in between!

FF:

A deserter GI was running down a road escaping from two MPs. He came to a fork in the road and saw a nun standing there. He asked her, "Please, Sister, may I hide under your skirts for a few minutes. I'll explain why later."

The nun agreed to his request. Shortly thereafter, the two MPs came running along and asked her if she had seen a soldier running down the road. She replied, "He went that way".

After the MPs disappeared, the soldier crawled out from under her skirt and said: " I can't thank! you enough Sister, but you see I don't want to go to Iraq."

The nun said she understood.

The GI said, "I hope you don't think me rude or impertinent, but you have the most beautiful pair of legs I've ever seen!"

The nun replied, "If you had looked a little higher, you would have seen the most beautiful pair of balls you've ever seen. I don't want to go to Iraq either!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A guy went to a travel agent and tried to book a_ two-week cruise for himself and his girlfriend. The_ travel agent said that all the ships_ were booked up and things were very tight, but that he would see what he could do.

A couple of days later, the travel agent phoned and said he could now get them onto a three-day cruise. The guy agreed and went to the drugstore to buy Dramamine and three condoms.

The next day, the agent called back and said that he now could book five day cruise. The guy said, "I'll take it," and returned to the same pharmacy to buy two more dramamine and two more condoms.

The following day, the travel agent called yet again and said he could now book them on an eight-day_ cruise. The guy agreed, and went back to the_ drugstore. He asked for three more Dramamine and three_ more condoms.

The pharmacist looked sympathetically at him and said, "Look, if it
makes you sick, why do you keep doing it?"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NEW DRUGS FOR WOMEN!

BUYAGRA: Stimulant to be taken prior to shopping. Increases potency and duration of spending spree.

MENICILLIN: Potent anti-boy-otic for older women. Increases resistance to such lines as, "You make me want to be a better person. Can we get naked now?"

ST. MOM'S WORT: Plant extract that treats mom's depression by rendering preschoolers unconscious for up to six hours.

EMPTY NESTROGEN: Highly effective supplement that eliminates melancholy by enhancing the memory of how awful they were as teenagers and how you couldn't wait till they moved out.

PEPTO-BIMBO: Liquid silicone for single women. Two full cups swallowed before an evening out increases breast size, decreases intelligence, and improves flirting.

DUMMEROL: When taken with Pepto-bimbo, can cause lowering of IQ, causing enjoyment of loud country music and cheap beer.

FLIPITOR: Increases life expectancy of commuters by controlling road rage and the urge to flip off other drivers.

JACKASSPIRIN: Relieves headache caused by a man who can't remember your birthday, anniversary, or phone number.

ANTI-TALKSIDENT: A spray carried in a purse or wallet to be used on anyone too eager to share their life stories with total strangers.

NAGAMET: When administered to a husband, provides the same irritation as nagging on him all weekend, saving the wife the time and trouble of doing it herself.

DAMMITOL: Take two and the rest of the world can go to **** for 8 hours!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE CLASS OF 2007
__
Just in case you weren't feeling old enough today, this will
certainly change things. Each year the staff at Beloit College in
Wisconsin puts together a list to try to give the Faculty a sense of
the mindset of this year's incoming freshman.

Here is this year's list:
__
The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1985.
__
They have no meaningful recollection of the Reagan Era and probably did not know he had ever been shot.
_
They were prepubescent when the Persian Gulf War was waged.

There has been only one Pope in their lifetime.

They were 10 when the Soviet Union broke apart and do not remember the Cold War.
_
They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.

Tiananmen Square means nothing to them.
__
Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.

Atari predates them, as do vinyl albums.
__
The statement "You sound like a broken record" means nothing to them.
_
They have never owned a record player.
__
They have likely never played Pac Man and have never heard of Pong.
__
They may have never heard of an 8 track. The Compact Disc was introduced when they were 1 year old.

They have always had an answering machine.

Most have never seen a TV set with only 13 channels, nor have they seen a black and white TV.
__
They have always had cable.
_
There have always been VCRs, but they have no idea what BETA was.
__
They cannot fathom not having a remote control.
_
They don't know what a cloth baby diaper is, or know about the "Help me, I've fallen and I can't get up" commercial.
__
Feeling old Yet? There's more:
__
They were born the year that Walkmen were introduced by Sony.
__
Roller skating has always meant inline for them.

Michael Jackson has always been white.
__
Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.
__
They have no idea when or why Jordache jeans were cool.
__
Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.
__
They have never seen Larry Bird play.
_
They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
__
The Vietnam War is as ancient history to them as W.W.I, W.W.II and the Civil War.
__
They have no idea that Americans were ever held hostage in Iran.
__
They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.

They don't know who Mork was or where he was from. (The correct answer, by the way, is Ork)
__
They never heard: "Where's the beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel," or "De plane, de plane!"
__
They do not care who shot J.R. and have no idea who J.R. was.
__
Kansas, Chicago, Boston, America, and Alabama are places, not bands.
_
There has always been MTV.
__
They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.
__
Feeling old now?__
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Rabbit purchase

A little girl walks into a pet shop and asks in the sweetest little lisp: "Excuthe me, mithter, do you keep wittle wabbiths?"

The shopkeeper gets down on his knees (so that he's on her level), and asks: "Do you want a wittle white wabby or a soft and fuwwy black wabby or maybe one like that cute wittle brown wabby over there?"

The little girl puts her hands on her knees, leans forward and says in a quiet voice: "I don't fink my pyfon weally gives a thit."
_
_Take care, Shirley
Old 08-29-2003, 04:22 PM   #126  
Little Engine That Could

Monet--If the butterfly is still in caterpillar stage, it should eat your dill for just short of 2 weeks. Then it starts crawling around looking for a place to pupate. The chrysalis will hang there about 12 days - 2 weeks. Maybe even longer. Then the butterfly comes out. The butterfly comes out very quickly. If you already have the chrysalis, you can break off the little branch it's on and take it in your house where you can watch it. I have my butterfly cage on a shelf on my back porch, right up against my kitchen window. When I'm at the sink I can see everything that is going on. When the butterfly comes out, it can't fly right away. It will sit around for a couple of hours at least. It is during this time that I nudge it with a stick and get it to crawl up on the stick or my finger and carry it out to the garden. Have fun!
Old 08-29-2003, 04:47 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Gosh I need to clean this desk off and head home, but wanted to get my last post in.

We have an eaxtra day this weekend girls, so we will have to be very dilligent in our eating. Just think anytime you go to eat, that our Leader, Deb is watching. Maybe we will think twice about what we eat. Lets send some good vibes everyones way and do great over the weekend.

Deb, I didn't see the cinnamon and bb waffles. Will have to check. I would only eat one anyway. Gosh I thought your GF would see if anyone wanted some stuff first before he sold it. Doesn't he need furniture in his new place? I'm going to think about you being beside me everytime I go to eat this weekend. I'm sure I will be good for sure. I have had lots of purple cabbage in my salads, slaw and sauerkraut this week that may explain a few things

Ange, I am 7 lbs above my lowest wt. So until I get back down there, I'm not posting my stats. I do great during the week, but put it all right back on over the weekend. UGH!!!!

Beach, hang in there. It is hard to get back the motivation and patience you had at the beginning, but you know the results. You would think we would learn about putting the wt back on but we don't. I guess we are stupid or something. This is no fun taking the same pounds off twice. But try to think of this as good for you and for life and maybe it will be better. I;m like you on the exercise. As soon as we start walking, I'm thinking only so long until we're finished. I guess we are just lazy creatures at heart. Have a great weekend. Hope you don't get sick too. Enjoy your 4 days off.

Pancho, Deb's cheesecake calls for 1/2 cup agave. I'm not sure about the coversation though. Funny about your DD liking that dinner. I got a good laugh about you taking a pricture of the scale. Congrats on the new wt.

Heartmom, congrats on the 1lb. You are going along great. Some weeks your body needs to adjust so you won't lose, but wouldn't it be great if we could at elast lose 1 lb per week. We all would be happy.

Gator, I say all the time, I hate computers. Especially when I know nothing about them. Glad the French class is going good.

Monet, My RA is doing ok. I have been so tired lately and still getting 8 hrs sleep, so I think it must be the RA, The cold weather really doesn't bother my RA, just that I hate it. Those pizza rolls sound good. Let me know if yo try them and the brand. Always interested in something different.

Trish, sure we still want you. So glad you dropped in. Sounds like you are doing great with your eating. Now just get out there and exercise. Make DH go with you. That's what I do. Glad your DS isn't in anything to dangerous. Don't be a stranger.

Sef, you are so busy, but I'm glad you are enjoying it. Hopes it keeps the blues away. Have a great weekend.

Won't be back on until Tuesday. So have a wonderful weekend. Get some R&R and stay legal.

Kim, Wherever you are....Come back.

Bob, have a great and safe trip.

Jackie
Old 08-29-2003, 05:06 PM   #128  
Goddess

Thumbs down Could it really be. . .

I thought I'd pop in to say hello and to let you know that I'm still around. I'm in full election mode now, so you know what that means! I will be back after the 10th, but it will be hectic until then!

I hope everyone is doing well and know that I think about y'all even if I can't be with you!

Love,
Susan
Old 08-29-2003, 05:49 PM   #129  

Hi everyone. I've been gone all day shopping. Had an early start. Our Super Wal Mart is an hour and 1/2 away so its really an all day trip. Did find a HFS that carries Atkins barbeque sauce. Someone told me it was good but spicy. I hope it tastes good cause it costs a kings ransom. Also stocked up on the pot pies. Thanks everyone for sending some rain. It sure helped it cool off a bit and we needed it so bad. Hope it rains some more. I can hear people on the river. They've started early on there three day week end. Didn't get to walk on the TM this morning but hope to this evening so I'll get my five days in. Sorry I don't have time to reply to everyone but I need to get off here cause I'm really tired and still have to heat something up for dinner.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:25 PM   #130  
Little Engine That Could

Pancho--
When I make Deb's cheesecake recipe, I only use 1/3 C. agave. It is plenty sweet with that amount. It tastes just like regular cheesecake.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:32 PM   #131  

Dinner tonight was scrounge. That means you find your own, cause I ain't cookin'! I feel rather crummy from the DMS. Still a bit crabby too.

I took my son to the doctor. He has infected ears, and probably bronchitis, so they gave him antibiodics and cough syrup with codeine to help him sleep. He couldn't afford the co-pay or the prescription, blast him, so I had to pay for it. I sure wish he would get his finances under control. The doctor was rushed and we actually saw his PA, but he came in to say hello, and meet my son. Drove home through some really heavy thunder storms, which unfortunately missed my neighborhood!

DEB: Thanks for the emails you sent. I looked the site over, and it has some good stuff on it. Not far from me, either! Just about 20 minutes north of here. So are the items of that brand ok? Even though they mention cornmeal in the batter, but at the very bottom of the ingredients list? I will look for the jalapeno ones. didn't see them that I can remember today.

TRISH: Good to see you! Don't get lost again! OK?

TONI: And I thought our Super Wal Mart was far! I like to go once in a while though! Tomorrow is Costco day for me. I need all kinds of stuff from there. I hope it doesn't cost too much!

FILLISE: Are you coming to Hotlanta? Let me know!

JACK: Have a great weekend! Behave now, hear???

GATOR: Thanks for the info! I will keep an eye on the crysalis. Its been there about a week. I am afraid if I bring it in, I will not be home or something.... I bought two more dill plants in case any more of the caterpillars show up!

SEF: Whew! I am tired just reading all you have been up to! I was thinking it through, and I actually did about 35 cakes, not 25! I probably should have taken more ibuprofen! If I did not take Glucophage, I probably would have indulged in a couple of stiff drinks!

BEACH: The doctor gave him antibiodics, so he is happy. He tends to get Pneumonia, so I worry about him. Other that that, he stays fairly healthy. Enjoy your time off! Think of me, working my fingers to the bone while you are playing on Monday!
Old 08-30-2003, 06:06 AM   #132  

good morning to all of you ... i guess i should change my name to trouble maker ....i am truly sorry for all the hard feelings ....hope things are okay now ....Debelli thank you for helping me go to the correct place .......hope this will sort of help.......just call me trouble lol

Last edited by kittywillow; 08-30-2003 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:27 AM   #133  
Little Engine That Could

Monet--Another thing you should know about the chrysalis is that they almost always open up in the morning. Many of mine emerged around 8 am. but they can come out any time before noon. That way they have a time to dry out before the afternoon storms. God wired them so they know to come out early so they are not trying to find their way in the dark.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:53 AM   #134  

Good Morning all

I'm checking in to say howdy to you all and to wish you all a good long weekend. I planned on doing a decent post but time is running away on me. I was starving so decided to have an early lunch as I am going to see a couple of my grandsons play soccer and I have to be there for 12.15 p.m. I just made some ww spaghetti and had it with some Classico Spinach and Cheese Pasta Sauce and it was delicious. Nice and spicy. I have a couple of servings in the freezer for a quick meal later on. I did start a post a couple of days ago which never got finished so I'll post it now even though it is a bit out of date. I haven't read to-day's board yet, maybe when I get home. This evening I am going out to dinner and a movie with a girl friend so it might be midnight before I get back on.

Jack-K - Wow - you are really the exercise girl these days.

Angehaley - That's really frustrating when you lose a post. It's happened to me before with WordPad. I only wish I knew which keys I'd hit to make it happen. I always try to remember to save as I go along, maybe every 5 or ten minutes so if it happens to close on me at least I can salvage some of it.

Bashful - Sorry you are having trouble with the sb woe. It can be difficult to find legal foods when you are on the run and I would like to second what Beachfan said that sometimes we just have to do the best we can. Whatever you decide to do I wish you luck and do feel free to come back here any time.

Pancho - Glad to hear that your dd is settling into school routine. So often it is harder for the Moms than the kids. That was a great deal you got on the lunch boxes. Too bad you didn't get more satisfaction out of your visit to the nutritionist.

Boom - Welcome to SB.

I start my new temp job next week and will be away all week. I will leave Monday evening to a small town about 2 hours drive from here and return on Friday evening. The following week I will be off again. I will not have access to a computer while away but will try to check in on weekends.

Gotta run.

Marie.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:23 PM   #135  

Monet feels like #&^$ warmed over today. DMS is particularly rough this time, and I feel like someone ran over me with a Mack truck.

Nothing much going on. I finished a novel I was reading, played a computer game for a while, and took a nap. Its after 3pm, and I am still in my nightgown. I sent Tom to Costco for me, which was nice of him, since he hates shopping. Probably saved me $$ too, cause I always find things that I need that are not on the list. He just sticks to the list, and that is that. It is kind of overcast here, and that adds to my sleepiness. Hope everyone is doing well!

kittyWILLOW: No one thinks of you as a trouble maker. Just jump on in, and don't worry about it. We are not the kind of group to hold grudges....

ROSALIE: Man, we will miss you during the week, when you are gone! How long will the job last?

GATOR: Ok! Thanks for the hint! I will watch it in the mornings as much as I can. Unfortunately, I have to work 7 to 1 Monday through Friday next week. Looks like I very well may miss it!

PANCHO: I forgot to mention something about agave. I find it does not work as well as I would like in cookies...I like cookies crisp and it makes them more moist. I have used it in cakes, and it works very well. I use about 3/4 of a cup when the recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar, or honey. I am not sure if it is sweeter, or my taste buds are just satisfied with less!
Closed Thread