I've taken over your moderating job, get lost again! 0 0%
I am NOT going to say a thing on the grounds it may incriminate me! 2 10.00%
Of course we missed you! Can't wait for you to post! 5 25.00%
You were gone, I was gone - guess we're both back now! 3 15.00%
I'm new - what the heck are you talking about? 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 04:00 PM   #31  

JANE: I can't imagine what they mean about an ingredient in Agave...its just ...agave syrup! The juice is extracted and reduced to the syrup, which is all fructose, instead of 50% fructose and 50% sucrose like honey. I believe the only ingredient listed on mine is agave. Check on line. You can get it at Golden Tropical, and several other low carb places as well. Unfortunately, you have to pay more for it online. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my Whole Foods will continue to carry it, and at the cheap price.

FILLISE: I got new garage doors ordered. Now I am waiting for the installer to call and tell me how soon they can get out here. I won't show Tom that bit about Mr. Rogers... but you are gonna owe me! I am going to post the satay recipe on the board. I believe my bread recipe is already on there, but here are the proportions in case you can't find it: 2.5# recipe- 2 cups warm water, 4.5 cups Wheat Montana, 4.5 T wheat gluten, 1 t salt, 3 T agave, 1/3 cup oil, 2 t yeast. Put the stuff in the pan in that order, and set it on dough. When its done, punch it down and divide in half and put in 8" loaf pans. Let rise until doubled, bake at 375 for about 25 to 30 minutes. I am glad that you can tell a difference in texture. If you couldn't, everyone would have thought I was nuts....

COUNTRY: How many of your kids are you homeschooling? I had two, and one toddler and it was a challenge...I think year round school is a good idea, but I really wanted the break! I am not very structured, so it was always a challenge keeping everyone on task, and focused. Its hard when you have to struggle to stay focused yourself!

I am so tired today...I feel like I am dragging. I think I need to take a dip in the pool. Later all!
Old 05-27-2003, 04:46 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Gee on a day I really need to be on here, I can't get here.

Had a OP day and will continue tonight. Had 50+ oz of water and will have more tonight. Plan on walking and working out tonight. Jumping right back Op and going forward. Have a Dr appt in the morning. I have to learn to give myself shots for the RA. Hope I am a fast learner.

Jane, there are so many metabolism boosters out there, I'm sure everyone is on the bandwagon. You aren't taking any pills with SB and it works fine. I wouldn't give it another thought.

Jenn, those chicken wings sound good. Make sure you eat enough for 2.

Crystle, glad you got out there and walked today. I'm gonna do the same thing tonight.

Monet, I can relate on the vacation thing. I always wanted to go to Boston, Maine. The kids always said they didn't want to take an educational vacation. Hope to get there sometime before I die. Just think, tomorrow is already hump day! Bummer on the garage door, they can be expensive.

Susan, So glad you had a great time at Monet's. What a way to stay motivated with all the good cooking and great buys. Did she give you her recipes?

Grin, good luck with your talk today. I'm sure you will do great. Yes, Doctors need to hear that stuff from real patients. Good for you.

Have a great night. Hope to make it to chat tonight.

Good luck to everyone on WIW. I'm not looking forward to it.

Jackie
Old 05-27-2003, 05:19 PM   #33  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy!

Today was a great day. Not only did we walk I was able to get out and weed eat and mow for about an hour and a half. Will try to do some more tomorrow.

Jack-K...hope your appointment goes well in the morning. You are doing so good getting right back OP. You are such an encouragment.

Monet...I am teaching 4 out of the 5 children now. My oldest is out of the house. I would like to say he got with the program but he never did. He is suppose to be getting his GED at his dad's house. But that's yet to be seen. My children are 15, 10, 8 and 6. Next month the two girls will be 16, and 9. Brittany (16) is going to take her first SAT in two weeks. She is such a bright child. I can't take any credit other than genetics.. My dad was one smart cookie. My ten year old is gonna be my toughie. Learning is hard for him. Every thing is a challenge. But I have seen great progress this year. My worse thing is grading papers. I grade the little ones right away but my daughter has some stuff...well I won't say when I should have graded it...LOL She is a straight A student so I get lazy.

Lori...praying you are a blessing and are blessed by this converence. ((hugzz))

Off to make dinner.

Love,
Crystle
Old 05-27-2003, 06:07 PM   #34  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

WHEW!!!! AM I GLAD TO BE HOME!!!

I gues it's true what they say..."the more you sleep, the more you want to sleep!" I did me some sleeping this weekend! Slept late each day, then took a nap every afternoon I didn't get to work this morning until almost 9a.m.! I have been so stressed lately that I stay tired! Better get that blood check I guess.

SUSAN & MONET...so glad you two had a good time this weekend.
Monet...you gotta watch SUSAN...no wonder you're tired....she kept me out all night drinking when she was down here!
I'll have to check on that surfing business...I have NEVER known anyone to be able to surf around here except when there's a big storm brewing, or after we have one..The water is pretty calm all the way down past Naples...BUT if you come, OF COURSE I would love to see you...just let me know in enough time to get off at least one day...

JACKIE...so sorry about the RA...hope the shots are not too painful. Good for you though getting right back on program...

JENN..I watched the 1st INTERNATIONAL CHICKEN WING FESTIVAL yesterday on THE FOOD NETWORK...I absolutely love them. I buy the ones at SUPER WALMART under the GREAT VALUE label...they are GREAT!!!

GALS...I'm hurting today...already got Kate to rub me down..got to take my drugs and get relaxed..

SORRY I can't get to all of you...I'm sure you understand..

DEBBIE....?????? ARE YOU A NEW POSTER???? I'M AFRAID I DON'T KNOW YOU....PLEASE LIST YOUR INFO ON OUR BIO BOARD!!

BOB
Old 05-27-2003, 06:13 PM   #35  

Hi, I'm new to the board and new to SB. I have read the book and done some internet research, but I still have questions.

1. There are some sugar-free items (like ice-cream) that have tons of carbs. Are these bad?

2. Where can I find food suggestions for different restaurants?

Thanks for your help. I have heard that this is the place to get answers, so I may have tons of questions.

Katie
Old 05-27-2003, 06:34 PM   #36  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Thought I'd be able to get in a post earlier today but unfortunately, I was wrong Had to go to Mom's, she got a new computer and had to figure out how to get the old stuff off of it to transfer to the new one BEFORE she opens the box. Have to go back on Friday morning.

MICHAEL is in need of the computer in a few, but will type on until I am booted.

Had a great time with TRANQUIL and so wished she lived closer, or at the very least, could of stayed longer. We went to see BRUCE ALMIGHTY yesterday and though it got awful reviews and only 1 star from the critique at the Miami Herald, it was funny. At one point I had tears running down my face from laughing!

I started reading a book I got from the library. I had actually seen it at a garage sale but didn't buy it because it had mildew on it. I would like to recommend that everyone try to get a copy of this book if they can, I've only gotten to page 36 and I can tell you it's already a great read. It's called THIN TASTES BETTER by Stephen P. Gullo, PH.D. If you can't find it at the library you may want to check out HALF.COM, they have many copies for just .75 cents plus the shipping. THIN TASTES BETTER AT HALF.COM

I have not exercised in a long time Didn't have time when TRANQUIL was here, didn't have time before and didn't feel like it today. Having that weird sharp pain that I've had before bothering me. Hopefully it will disappear as mysteriously as it re-appears soon.

NEWBIES so sorry I haven't been on here to give you an official SB WELCOME, so here you go! I'm hoping to get back on track to get in some regular posting to welcome you all as well as get back with my posting to the regular gals. I hope they have been taking good care in answering your questions and making you feel welcomed

Tomorrow ELI is off from work so you know what that means - BROWARD! I will try to get on the board before we head out to do some kind of a post!

I am hoping to try and see if I can get on here for chat tonight but since I didn't highten the awareness of it, not sure if anyone will show, much less will I even be able to get near the computer with the kids. School is over in 3 weeks so things will be winding down really soon with the computer-or at least I hope. At least they won't be able to use homework as an excuse to hog the computer!!!

I wish you all good luck with WIW tomorrow!!!!

Okay, I've been forewarned and it's time for me to skiddadle.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Debbie
Old 05-27-2003, 11:32 PM   #37  

Quick evening check in.

Tomorrow is the last day of school here. I have a 9am appointment for preorientation for work. Already they are asking me to work on a Saturday to help with the 17 wedding cakes they have week after next...and I have not even started working yet!

I got a new computer game today, and it is addicting. When I should have been napping, I was playing it!

No word from the installer for the garage door. Hopefully, they will not call tomorrow morning when I am at preorientation....

I found out something kind of sad today. I have poison ivy! I know that doesn't sound so sad to a lot of you, but I had reached the ripe old age of 50 never having had it before! I thought I was immune to it. I still can't figure out where I got it from! I decided it was all Tom's fault though!

BOB: I did post the satay recipe on the board, if you are interested. Its pretty easy. I think you could microwave it if you did not want to grill it.

PUNKIN: Go by the sugar grams and the ingredients, and don't worry about the carbs. You don't need to count carbs on this program. If the product has illegal things in it, then don't eat it.
As for lists of recommended items at restaurants, I have not seen anything like that. I am sure people will be happy to share suggestions, though. For instance, when I go to a Mexican restaurant, I ask them not to put chips on the table. I usually order Poblano Chili Rellenos, and ask for double beans instead of rice. The Chili Rellenos are just stuffed Poblano peppers, and are delish! If I go to a steak place, I will either get steamed veggies, or if I have a starch serving left, I might ask for a sweet potato with no toppings, just butter on the side. Most steak places have sweet potatoes now. Just remember that most restaurants that have wheat bread don't have 100% whole wheat bread....

I am heading off to bed! Sweet dreams everyone!
Old 05-28-2003, 12:10 AM   #38  

Good evening, another beautiful day here, so worked out in the yard all day!! Got my petunia's all planted. Tomorrow I will work on getting the Zinnia's in. Our garden is growing!! Everything that we planted has come up. I planted 5 hills of cucumbers, and have lost one plant, with another one looking iffy!! So may end up with only 4 hills. Squash is starting to poke through the soil now too.

I hope eveyone is doing great, haven't had time to do much reading. Dh is leaving for an overnight trip, so maybe Thursday night while he is gone I will have time to get caught up and get some replies in. Take care all of you, and know that you are still in my thoughts even if I am not posting much!!

PS-- I am still OP and hoping for a loss this week. I think I have sweat enough to lose a few!!

Last edited by Teensybean; 05-28-2003 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:30 AM   #39  
"I'm working on it!"

Talking Good Morning

Just checkin in

I'm NOT doing WIW for the next few weeks. I took my weight and measurements when I started my Power 90 program and I've put the scale in a closet till day 30. With the program, you get an "off" day with no exercise. I was going to keep on exercising anyway, but I got a migraine yesterday, so I was forced to take an off day. Today I'm ready to get right back into it even tho I'm a bit sluggish due to the meds I took for the headache. I'm even thinking of adding in a bit of cardio on my weight days!!!

I guess I had a totally "off" day yesterday. It was our anniversary and I got a little cake and had 2 pieces. Oh well, got that out of my system and actually am craving GOOD food. I had the cake after the headache, so I know that the headache wasn't caused by sugar.

Time to get the little guy ready for school.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 05-28-2003, 08:12 AM   #40  

Default WIW

Well, I'm down 1 lb this week. That is something anyway, especially since I was so bad to eat smores and doritos while camping. I'm pushing for an all OP week and am doing well sofar. Yesterday I bought a 32 oz water bottle and drained it 4 times! I really need to get my behind exercising. YEsterday I planted some more flowers and I did some in-home exercises last night. My abs and legs are sore, so I know it did something. It's just hard trying to work and keep the baby, and cook healthy meals, exercise, etc.

Selah has finally grown out of her 0-3 month clothes. How did I get such a tiny baby? She's 5 months old and she weighs 13lb 4oz. Maybe she found some hidden skinny gene between me and her dad.

Trav actually told me yesterday that he feels healthier than he ever had and that he has no interest in changing from this WOE for the rest of his life. Very different from the grease monger I married

Debbie - That book sounds good. I'm going to go check it out from the library here. I need something to read.

Jane - I would feel a little leary after reading that about the pills, too. But it doesn't negate the proof that this WOE is healthy and it works.

Country - My husband and I were both homeschooled, and we hope to homeschool our own children if it's in God's big plan for us. I know it will be much more work for me, but we are both proof that it pays off. My younger sister, Hannah, is 21 and has not taken her GED yet anyway. She is dyslecsic and very afraid of failure. RIght now she is finishing an apprenticeship as a master beautician in ATlanta. The owner of the salon passed away in January, and her family has decided that Hannah should have the salon! They are litterally going to give her all of the shares!! Anyway, you will see me talking about her all of the time, because we are working on her wedding, and she and her fiance are buying a house 2 miles from us.

Monet- That bread recipie looks awesome. I do not have a bread maker, but I am going to try it by hand. Did you guys go to Harry's or to Whole foods for the agave? I have checked at the Harry's on 120loop and didn't see any. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place? The poison ivy stinks! I have never been allergic to it either,. I am always afraid that I will get it on me while I work in the yard, and transfer it to Selah without knowing. So far she hasn't had any.

Jack- Ouch.. Shots aren't fun at all. So sorry that you have to deal with that!

Jenn- Your wings sound really good. I am going to try them this week, and I am sure that my DH will thank you!!! did you just coat them and bake them? I've never tried to make wings before, but I thought they were fried.

well, I have to go drop Selah off at Gma's house s o that I can work today. I have a really bad feeling that she is going to end up on formula in the next month or 2. I just can't keep up with trying to work 2 PT jobs and keep her fed. I'm just going to go as long as I can, but at least we will make it to 6 months!

Talk to you all soon,
Old 05-28-2003, 08:14 AM   #41  

Zanne

What is the power 90? I need some type of routine, or something. I have some weights at home, but I think I should buy more, or get some sort of video to work our to.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:57 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW.

Hope the scale is good to everyone today.

Sorry I missed chat last night. I fell asleep at 8:30 on the couch. Got up at 10:00 and went to bed.

We did get oiur 3 mile walk and workout completed. Felt good to get out there again.

WIW was a shocker today. I was up 5 lbs. Can't say I don't deserve it. It really makes me see how stupid it is to go completely crazy for 3 days.

Dr.'s appt was quick. She decided she didn't want me to take the shots, but increased one of the meds. We will see how it goes. The only bad thing is it gives me diaherea (sp). Oh well.Sometimes that can be good.

Crystle, Glad you had such a great day yesterday. Hope todayis just as good. I admire you for teaching your kids. I sure wouldn't have the smarts or patience/

Bob, any results from the MRI yet? If I took a nap during the day I would be up all night. Now I did fall asleep at 8:30last night and when I went to bed at 10:00 I was worried I wouldn't fall asleep, but I did.

Punkin, Welcome to our board. You are right, you can get lots of help and info here. Such a great group. As far as restaurants go, stick with the meat, veggies and salad. Skip the breads. I eat the NSA ice cream. Don't worry about the amount of carbs in them. Sugar is the thing you are watching here. The only carbs we count are starchy carbs 2-3 a day.

Deb, sounds like you and Tranquil had a great time. Have fun with Eli today.

Monet, I just heard something for poison ivy on Paul Harvey's show this weekend. It's called Zanfeld. It is supposed to relieve and heal the itch in 30 seconds. I think you can get it over the counter. I have never gotten p.i. before either. Now maybe I need to watch a little closer since I have hit the big 50. Don't let those people at the bakery take advantage of you.

Tennsy, you are going to be eating good when the garden comes in. Good luck on your WIW.

Zanne, you re doing so great with your exercise program. I'm glad you really like it and are so motivated.

Talitha, Congrats on the 1 lb loss. Keep up the good work.

Have a great day.

Jackie
257/152/145 I'm not chaning my stats until I get rid of those 5 lbs.
10-10-01
Old 05-28-2003, 09:02 AM   #43  

WIW... I was down anothe lb yesterday, but back to 143 today which is ok. Still 100% OP. Just had an extra scoop of NAS Blue Bunny Ice Cream last night. I knew I shouldn't have .... oh well.

This will be short. I'm off today, but have lots & lots to do. Have an interview at a Home Health Nursing Agency that does private duty work & I've been in touch with them over the last few months thinking about taking the job. We'll know today.

Then I'm off to see my Mom at the nursing home, then to see my baby girl & take her to the doctor for her monthly visit & they will be doing her ultrasound today! We're hoping to find out that she will be having a girl. We have put in a special order

I also need to get to the bank & do some last minute things to prepare for vacation. We leave Frid morning early for New Smyrna Beach, FL for a week at the condo on the beach. Hoping to see Serene & Tranquil there for a visit.

Have to work another 12 hour shift tomorrow & I'm not packed. Do have the suitcase open on the bed though I always say that I will do it ahead of time, but it always ends up to be the last thing I do before we leave. Well, got to go!

Oh BTW, Kim & Chris... was soooo nice to get to chat with the 2 of you on the SB Chat last night. I was late, but glad to have found you there

Have a great day everyone! BOB, hope you are feeling better!
Old 05-28-2003, 09:19 AM   #44  

Default Good Morning!

Hi All:

WIW here and not a good one for me, but what the heck - will survive and will lose again!!!! Start walking tonight with hounds and Gram - will become the habit from tonight forward and this Saturday will get lots of exercise helping Gram move into her cute new little home!

I had a fantastic short vacation staying with Deb! Zachary loved it - he asked when he could go back. We shopped till I dropped!!!! Zach was the winner in shopping with new shirts, shorts, shoes, collectors cards - and I bought him tons of Annie's All Natural Mac & Cheese to bring back...I wish I lived closer to Miami!!!!! Missing Deb already!!!!! But very motivated!!!!!!

Work has been very busy and that is why I have not been able to post like I would like to - and it does not look like I will be able to have quality time this week as well....but I am going to try!!!!

I have challenged Serene - we are going to eat a bowl of Fiber One in the a.m.'s with Soy Milk and Rasberries (Oh I wonder who gave me this idea? hahaha DEB!!!) starting tomorrow and we have to drink a minimum of four 12 oz cups of water..... the challenge is from tomorrow until next WIW...and see if it helps us

Hi Everyone - Hi Newbies!!!! And I am so jealous Fillise - I am ready for my trip to Spa Monet too!!!!!! Loved the picture!!!!!

Congrats Jenn!!!!!

Got to get back to work and get project finished before Bossman gets back into office.

Sabrina
Old 05-28-2003, 09:48 AM   #45  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Power 90

Talitha and any one else wondering:

Power 90 is a set of exercise vidoes or DVDs. One day is "sculpt" with weights, the second day is cardio and ab work. You alternate the routines. DH and I caught the infomercial on it and it looked interesting. The do not make false claims. They tell you, you have to work hard. DH said that if I ordered it he would do it with me--he still has to do a workout.

You can find more info at: www.power90.com The parent company is Beachbody (www.beachbody.com) and they have more workout programs too.

If you want another good place to check out workout videos, try: www.collagevideo.com I believe you can even preview snip-its of the videos on line here.

Hope that helps.
Closed Thread