Of course we missed you! Can't wait for you to post! 5 25.00%
You were gone, I was gone - guess we're both back now! 3 15.00%
I'm new - what the heck are you talking about? 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 11:36 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Friday. Hope it is for you. It is not for me.
i have done soemthing to my back. Who know what. at 12:30 lat night I was in so much pain. I can't walk, sit or lay. I have a dr appt arount 1:00 for an injection, heat massage and ultra sound. I had to get up and sleep in the chair with an ice pack. Needless to say I got about 3 hours sleep. Hope this stuff helps it.

Bob, move over, I might be joining you.

Didn't have time to read any posts. Maybe after the Dr if I go home.

Have a great weekend.

Jackie
Old 05-30-2003, 11:50 AM   #92  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Friday Morning

Morning all!

Whew--a little time to post this morning. It's a gorgeous day here today so I'd like to spend some time outside at some point too!

Did anyone read Cathy this morning? She and Irving have been on a low-carb diet and I've be chuckling for a couple of weeks over it but this morning. . .

Cathy is in a store looking at bathing suits. The salesperson holds one up and Cathy says she thinks it is too big since she has lost some weight. The sales person holds up another one and Cathy says she's lost more weight than that, it just hasn't left her body yet. When the salesperson looks skeptical, Cathy explains " It's hanging on hoping I'll break down and start eating again so it can stay. . . but I won't so it can't! I need a suit for when the lost weight gives up and leaves!"

All of those with "lost weight" still hanging around please stand! Yup--it won't leave my body either.

Monet--Have fun at work this week! 6 am comes awfully early, I'd hate to think what any cake I decorated at 6 am would look like!

Talitha--where are you in Atlanta. Maybe on my next rip up you can meet us at Harry's.

Deb--I read in the paper yesterday that the FDA is thinking about revising to food pyramid to reflect the difference between good fats and bad fats. I think it needs a lot more revision than that, but that would be a good start.

Agapa--Glad to see you back on the board. What kind of business did you start?

Melf--Have a good trip--enjoy your visit with Tranquil and Serene. Weve just been a visiting bunch lately!

Jecrites--Uh-oh, sounds like your girls are a handfull! Hmmmm--where could they have gotten that from Days like the one you described are the ones you will look back fondly on when they are teenagers or grown.

BOB--Call the Dr! Gee, a week is more than enough time to get the MRI results.

Arc--for a newbie, you give advice like a seasoned veteran! Good for you--it always strengthens my resolve when I help to bolster someone else. I think that's part of the magic of this board--we help ourselves by helping others!

Jackie--What's on the agenda for your weekend? I'm on the road, but with my friend that does Atkins so eating should not be a problem.

I'll try to stop in tomorrow before I leave town. I have a pass from the church this Sunday so I actually get a real weekend!

Susan
Old 05-30-2003, 12:26 PM   #93  

Angry Friday

Hello everyone!

Wow what a change today has been already! Yesterday was awful! The kids are being good today. I guess they just had to vent out some frustration or something yesterday. They are out back playing now, I just hope it stays peaceful out there!

Our a/c has been acting stupid ever since we moved in here, and hubby called yesterday to have someone come out this morning and look at it. It was froze up and covered in crap from the cottonwood trees. They got it fixed and now it's getting chilly in here. Hubby will be happy about that.

Talitha, You are smart to make the most of your time now while Selah is small. I don't know how many times I've wished that I hadn't pused my oldest to walk, talk, and do all those things. I didn't rush the other two into doing things, and the second one went just fine, but the third one, oh my gosh, she was walking at 8 1/2 mos.! As for your hubby loosing faster than you, remember that men do loose faster than women do to start with, and also it took 9 months to put that weight on, and it takes a while to get it off. I've been stuck with that crappy fact for 9 years now. I did get down to what I weighed before I first got preg., but then he came home from Korea and it went down the drain cause I got preg. again as soon as he got home. You guys aren't the only ones that are fertile, so don't feel alone. We really have to watch ourselves.

Deb, I'll have to see if I can't find a shirt with that on there or get one made or even a bumper sticker or something because that really fits, and so does the PB4UGO! I swear every flippin place we go in they have to go pee, I think they do it just to annoy me cause they know their dad won't take them. I don't dare take the kids to the movies. We took the oldest one when she was little to see the Lion King, oh my gosh, that's when I learned my kids don't belong in a theater!

Monet, Reading your post to Talitha, it is hard to get used to having that first baby, but when the second one comes, it's a little easier because you have already been through all that stuff before, but if you have a third one, it's a bit different. It took me I don't know how many months to get used to having 3 kids. I got to where I would count them to make sure I had all of them with me, I was so scared that I was going to end up leaving the baby somewhere!

Fillise, I'm sure when the day comes I'll look back on their "wildness" with fondness and wish I could go back to these days, but right now, THEY'RE DRIVING ME NUTS!!! LOL! I already look back and wish they were all little babies again when they didn't do anything but sit and hold their own bottle. They had to have gotten it from their dad's side of the family, although after my brother hit his teens, he got stupid. I have asked my mom how come I have to pay for his raising since she says I wasn't like this, and my MIL swears that hubby was a "good kid." Yeah right, like I'm going to believe that one after hearing stories of him making his sister eat dog poop!

Ok, I'm off to TRY to finish up this never ending laundry I have piled up in the basement. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I doubt I'll be able to get on again after he gets home; I swear I could choke whoever made that dang Ghost Recon game! Talk to y'all later.

Jenn
Old 05-30-2003, 12:50 PM   #94  

Default words of wisdom???

1. Once over the hill, you pick up speed.

2. I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

3. If it weren't for STRESS I'd have no energy at all.

4. Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

5. Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

6. If the shoe fits......buy it in every color.

7. If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.

8. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

9. If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

10. Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.

11. Some days are a total waste of makeup.

12. Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it.

13. A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

14. Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.

15. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.

16. Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

17. Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

18. By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.

10. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Keep smiling, it makes everyone wonder what you've been up to
Old 05-30-2003, 01:41 PM   #95  

Default Great New Drugs for Women

Great New Drugs for women!!

D A M I T O L: Take 2 and the rest of the world can go to **** for up to 8 hours.

St. M O M 'S W O R T: Plant extract that treats mom's depression by rendering preschoolers unconscious for up to six hours.

E M P T Y N E S T R O G E N: Highly effective suppository that eliminates melancholy by enhancing the memory of how awful they were as teenagers and how you couldn't wait till they moved out.

D U M E R O L: When taken with Peptobimbo, can cause dangerously low I.Q. causing enjoyment of loud country western music and cheap beer.

F L I P I T O R: Increases life expectancy of commuters by controlling road rage and the urge to flip off other drivers.

M E N I C I L L I N: Potent anti-boy-otic for older women. Increases resistance to such lines as, "You make me want to be a better person ... can we get naked now?"

B U Y- A G R A: Injectable stimulant to be taken prior to shopping. Increases potency and duration of spending spree.

EXTRA STRENGTH BUY-ONE-AL: When combined with Buy-agra, can cause an indiscriminate buying frenzy so severe the victim may even come home with a book by Dr. Laura.

J A C K A S S P I R I N: Relieves headache caused by a man who can't remember your birthday, anniversary, or phone number.

A N T I-T A L K S I D E N T: A spray carried in a purse or wallet to be used on anyone too eager to share their life stories with total strangers.

S E X C E D R I N: More effective than Excedrin in treating the, "Not now, dear, I have a headache," syndrome.

R A G A M E T: When administered to a husband, provides the same irritation as nagging on him all weekend, saving the wife the time and trouble of doing it herself.

P E P T O B I M B O: Liquid silicone for single women. Two full cups swallowed before an evening out increases breast size, decreases itelligence, and improves flirting.

A merry heart doeth good like medicine
Old 05-30-2003, 01:50 PM   #96  

Default Friday funny

A man is stumbling through the woods totally drunk when he comes upon a preacher baptizing people in the river. He proceeds to walk into the water and subsequently bumps into the preacher.

The preacher turns around and is almost overcome by the smell of alcohol, whereupon he asks the drunk, "Are you ready to find Jesus?"
The drunk answers, "Yes, I am."

So the preacher grabs him and dunks him in the water. He pulls him
up and asks the drunk, "Brother, have you found Jesus?"
The drunk replies, "No, I haven't found Jesus."

The preacher shocked at the answer, dunks him into the water again
for a little longer this time. He again pulls him out of the water and
asks again, "Have you found Jesus, my brother?"

The drunk again answers, "No, I haven't found Jesus."

By this time the preacher is at his wits end and dunks the drunk
in the water again---but this time holds him down for about 30 seconds
and when he begins kicking his arms and legs he pulls him up. The preacher again asks the drunk, "For the love of God, have you found Jesus?"

The drunk wipes his eyes and catches his breath and says to the
preacher ... "Are you sure this is where he fell in?"
Old 05-30-2003, 02:12 PM   #97  

Hi everyone. Trying not to beat myself up too much about my fall from the wagon. I decided that this is going to be hard work and I hate hard work. But somehow I will kick my @$$ into gear and get a move on.

The nutritionist office I called yesterday never called me back. I am convinced that the medical profession just doesn't give a rats @$$ about people anymore. I can't get a doctor to call me back to save my life.....no pun intended!

Deb: I just may take you up on the offer to call you. Let me see what kind of plan I can set in motion for next week.

Monet: I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO TELL YOU....I used to be a cake decorator too. A friend of mine had an ice cream shop and they sold cakes. I used to go in a few nights a week and do the cakes for them. I loved it.

Serene: loved your Friday Funny....jackasspirin!!!!

Fellise: me and my "lost weight" are standing up!

Jack-K: sorry to hear that you are now joining the ranks of the achey people. Feel better soon. I have some arthritis in my neck and every once in a while if I do just the wrong thing or sleep the wrong way I am screwed for weeks. I kills. Take lots of Advil.

Talitha: You will be very happy when you get older that you still look as young as you do. Just go with it. People always tell me I don't look my age.....I love it. Good genes run in my family. My grandmother lived to be 101 and she hardly had a wrinkle on her face.

Well, I know I missed some of you....sorry.

Hope you all have a great weekend in case I don't get back on here again. Talk to you later.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:22 PM   #98  

Hey All: I am keeping on the challenge - Fiber One in the morning with sf soy milk and raspberries, salad for lunch, and last night I just had hot dogs nuked - no buns - sf ketchup and mustard...and I have walked every night 2 miles! Tonight I won't walk because tomorrow I am helping Gram move and I am exhausted....

Work is busy!!! I am looking forward to seeing Melf and her dh and dgs this Sunday! It was nice to have a chat with her too - she is so sweet and wonderful!!!! She is cooking us a sb legal meal and I am already drooling!!!!!!!!!!

Got to run - have a SB Legal Weekend everyone!!!!!

Sabrina
Old 05-30-2003, 03:49 PM   #99  

"Thou shalt smile and have a good day. It frustrates those with other plans for thee!!"

DEB: I'm not sure what you mean by Detoxing in this sense. Aren't we supposed to be having SOME starchy carbs per day? I did avoid them like the plague my first week, I think I had a couple of slices of whole grain toast during that seven days. I do get what you mean by triggers, I think. I've been having sugar free/fat free pudding with unsweetened whipped cream.. and I can't stop eating it!! Woke up totally queasy this morning and couldn't stand the thought of any food, so I drank my ice water and eventually had an orange.

FILLISE: Thanks! I am a newbie here, but I know what disappointment can do to drag you down. AND, I know how incredibly valuable real support can be. I really do consider this board a huge part of my sticking to my new WOE and my eventual SUCCESS!!

I'll check my profile, but I'm sure my email addy is on there. I'm online a lot for work, so anyone who wants to chat/needs a pick-me up/ or just a YOU GO GIRLIE!! should feel free to holler at me. I'm not wise, but I can be pretty funny, and I do care
Old 05-30-2003, 05:39 PM   #100  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

I HAVE A CONFESSION TO MAKE..... First off, let me tell you that I called my Dr today to get a script for THE PATCH YES..
I GAVE IN TO THE NASTY OLE CIGGY AGAIN!!!! ..I think it's from all the stress I've been under with this pain for the last two months! BUT...all is under control and hopefully, I'll be back to smoke free in no time! There....I said it....feel free to smack me if you want, but I did this to myself and myself has to correct it...I'M ON MY WAY!!!

DETOX DUNGEON ....is a house in South Miami with chains, handcuffs, a little bit of water, and very little food....It's located at DEBBIE'S HOUSE and believe me....you will come out a changed woman! Just ask all who have visited...Any of you who have the chance to get down there, GO!!!! She will clean you out, get you restarted and on your way...you will eat nothing that isn't legal while you're there.. AND if you're good while you're there, she will take you to SHORTY'S for the BEST BBQ you've ever put in your mouth...

JACKIE...OH MY GAWD COME ON DOWN GIRL...we'll lay up in the four poster, take our drugs and watch movies! Let me know how you're doing...I FORGOT TO CALL THE DR ABOUT AN APPOINTMENT!!! But I'll do that on Monday...PROMISE!!!

JANE...PUNKIN....see my post above for explanation about the DD

I have no FF's today, BUT

THIS WEEKENDS MOVIE PICKS ARE:

THE PAINIST
THE UNSAID
NATIONAL SECURITY
THE RECRUIT
ANTWONE FISHER
GOOD FENCES

I'm outta here to feed the furbaby and Kate...then I'm going to settle down for the evening.

DON'T FORGET TO WATCH 20/20 tonight...Carnie Wilson is on about her experience with weight loss and her FOLD OUT in the August edition of PLAYBOY!

BOB

JACKIE...WE'LL GET MATCHING CHAIRS FOR OUR MISERYS!!!!

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 05-30-2003 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:32 PM   #101  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

This is going to have to be a quickie...

Get a knock at my door about an hour ago, I was on the phone, MICHAEL went to the door, opens the door and it's ELI'S sister NADINE. Had NO IDEA she was coming, not a clue. Don't mind, as long as she didn't bring me any SARS! She's from TORONTO and not only that, she works at the airport!!!! Anyhow, gotta run and entertain. Only good thing is my house hasn't had time to get messy since TRANQUIL left so it's pretty decent looking Geez, I have to find out how long she's staying

Will check in when I can!

{{{HUGS}}}

Deb
Old 05-30-2003, 10:03 PM   #102  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

OH....MY....GAWD!!!!!

I just finished THE PIANIST and if you haven't seen it.....GET IT!!! It's probably the BEST movie that I've seen in a LONG TIME!
I'm so moved by the storey AND IT'S TRUE!!!!

I'm off to watch another flick...

DEB...DON'T BREATHE WHILE SHE'S THERE!!!!

BOB
Old 05-30-2003, 10:39 PM   #103  

Tom is downstairs watching a war movie. I don't like that kind of movie...I go for the romantic, or comedy types. I spent some time up here at the computer playing my addicting game. I need to go to bed a in little while so I will be all fresh and rested to go to orientation and be bored out of my skull for six hours. Gee, they are serving lunch...I betcha it won't be SB legal....

JANE: Wow...a fellow cake decorator! I started making cakes at my mother's elbow when I was about seven..or old enough to cover boards, and fix bags of icing for her. I was her assistant. She taught classes for years and did cakes from the house. I was trained as a Wilton teacher, and taught classes for years. How did you get started? Or did you learn to do it on the job?

JEC: So you are a computer game widow, eh? Thankfully, my husband is a computer programmer, and is sick of computers by the time he gets home! He is the only one in the family that is that way tho! The rest of us are all addicted to computer games! Just remember when your girls are acting like a pack of hooligans...kids who are mischievious are usually creative and intelligent!

JACK: I am sorry about your back! I hope you feel better soon!

BOB: Thanks for coming clean with us. You know you will feel better without the smokes.... Is there ANY position you can get in where your shoulder doesn't hurt? I feel for you...sometimes my lupus flares, and when it effects my joints, it can get pretty bad. The constant pain is such a depressant... I wish there was something they could do for you!

Ok..time for bed. Sweet dreams to you all!
Old 05-31-2003, 12:15 AM   #104  

I think I did well today. i'm just never finding the time to exercise. other than a few sets of situps and various moves around the house. I just can't find the time. I'm really starting to worry about wearing a tent to Hannah's wedding.
Selah sat up today she was 5 months old on wed. once she relized she could do it, she wanted to sit up all day long. it's so funny when they get tired ands just roll ontotheir side, or end up with their nose in their feet.

anyway this is going to be quick because i'm exhausted.

Debelli - I think today is better. would you mind looking at my journal on fitday.com after a few more days? i just want to be sure that i'm not eating totally off.

Monet - I went to Harry's and asked 3 employes. no one knew what agave was and they said that they don't carry it. they even called a manager and he didn't know of it. i'm so disappointed and frustrated. can you let me know next time you see some at the Harry's in gwinett? i go over there often because Travis' family is over there.

Jack - i'm so sorry about your back!! i'll be praying that you get some rest tonight.

Fillise-i'm on the other side of atlanta, but it's all about the same. i drive everywhere and end up putting about 20k a year on my poor car. i'd love to meet with you guys next time. at least you guys seem to know where to find the agave!!! (see my note above to monet)

Jecrites - yeah, unfortunately i do not have the excuse of pregnancy weight to blame for my present condition. I was 210 when i got pregnant, which is the most i have ever weighed. when selah was 6 weeks i was 194 at my checkup and now i am 185. i have to say she's the best diet i've ever been on. having her forced me to make the decision to be healthy because i can't teach her to be fat!

sweet dreams everone!!
Old 05-31-2003, 10:23 AM   #105  

Default Saturday

Hello everyone.

I have a few minutes to post real quick. Shelby got called out to go to work for a little bit; they started an exercise this morning and the whole shop has to go in for a bit when they do that. It's totally different here then it was at Barksdale. They do a lot of stuff weird. I know the military always goes the backwards way about doing things, but here they are more than just backwards, they are backwards and stupid. Anyway, it gives me some time to get on here before he takes the computer over.

I finally got caught up on that ding dang laundry, and the best part is, it's all put away! I hate laundry and most times it ends up just sitting in the basket.

Monet, Oh yeah, a computer widow, hunting widow, fishing widow, golf widow, football widow, just about anything widow. Geez, that sure is a lot of stuff I get widowed for. I can tell already that the girls are creative and intelligent; the ones in school make great grades, and none of them are afraid to try anything (which scares me at times), and boy oh boy can they ever make things up. Sometimes it's hard to be mad at them for something cause they make it so funny. I've done a little cake decorating, but nothing fancy, although I would love to learn how to do it all. What I mainly did/do is make those character shaped cakes and decorate them. I like to squeeze the icing out, there's just something about doing that that's fun.

Talitha, Wow, I wish I could have lost some weight by the time my kids were 6 weeks old. Going from 210 to 185 is great.

Ok, my brain has froze; I think it's too early for me to try to think, so I'm gonna go for now. I'll talk to y'all later.

Jenn
Closed Thread