Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 09:26 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone,

DEBELLI - what are kumquats?? Congrats on getting back into your routine. I need to get one...hehehe

cmd4joy - don't quite!! I have not been at this long but can imagine that you can always get back on track. One slip up is not cause to quite.

As for me, I think I lost 2 pounds since Tuesday?? My scale in kind of funky and old. I think I may get a digital one. Does anyone use one of these and have luck with its accuracy?

------------------
Kim - Philly, PA
180lbs.
Old 03-02-2001, 11:54 PM   #92  

Hi Everyone!!! Happy Friday!!! Happy Entrance to the Weekend!!!

I've been busier than that one-armed you-know-what today. Lots of errands being run and getting Maddie to the groomer. She gets so excited about going and then starts to fade when we pull into the parking lot. Then took her bed to the laundromat to wash. It's enormous . . . much too big for our home washer/dryer.

JOY---I sure hope you don't quit SB. I like what ORANGE said about doing a combo thing. I've been at that stage of disenchantment with a diet before. It's not a fun place to be. Hopefully, your brain fart won't return and you'll be clear about this WOE and be sure it's for you. Sounds like a lot of people count on this program. Carbs, calories, sugars. Whatever it takes.

ORANGE---Will you bring pictures of Skeeter next Saturday. I'll have some of Maddie-girl to share. And DEB, please bring pics of the kids too. This is going to be such fun. And ORANGE, Barb was on the chat last night. So she's not lurking as of last night. She cracks me up. (You really do Barb, if you're lurking. HA!) Hope the TM comes this week.

DIDJA---Last night on the chat you said you sent me a private message and I don't know where it is or how to get it. So please clue me in as I am obviously clueless. Way to go on the 2 pounds!!! I'd take it no matter how messed up my scale is. A loss is a loss, right?

Well, girls, there are more things on my list, so I'd better hit the road. (I'd much rather take a nap.) We're going downtown to a play tonight. Can't remember the name of it. One of my friends has a DIL who's in this. It's at the big center for the performing arts here, but in one of the smaller theatres. Oops, just thought, I may not have anything to wear. Better add laundry to today's list.

Take care.
Kim
185/175.5/139
Cincinnati, OH (where Jerry Springer used to be our mayor . . . eeeegads!!!)

Old 03-03-2001, 12:32 AM   #93  

QUILTER - clicked on send PM to send you a private message yesterday. When you go the the 3FC list of message boards...scroll all the way down to the bottom. There you will see QUILTER and your private mailbox. It will tell you if you have any new messages to read!!

------------------
Kim - Philly, PA
180lbs.
Old 03-03-2001, 01:23 AM   #94  
karen3000

Hi Everybuddy! (I know I'm copying someone else's catchy greeting, but I really like it--hope you don't mind!)

Yesterday was DH's 50th BD. I arranged my schedule so I didn't work and took a huge cake into his office for a surprise. He really was, too. Since I had to serve the cake, I really wasn't tempted (anyone else like that?). If I was just standing around, I would have been burning a hole in the cake by staring at it! LOL

DIDJAEVER - I went through the same debate last week over whether to by a mechanical or digital scale. I finally decided that for me, a digital scale was better. I'm the kind of dieter that if I don't like the number, I'll play with the little dial that moves the red arrow around because it wasn't on 0; or I will move the scale around the floor looking for a better number to come up. I decided that with a digital, I couldn't play with it (other than taking off clothes!). I really like the one I got and it was the same price as a good mechanical scale and is supposed to have a life-time battery (we'll see). Now I just get on and I see a number and that's all there is to it.

Welcome to the newbies. I'm sure you will find much support and comraderie here - I have.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and loses like crazy!

Karen
Madison, WI

Old 03-03-2001, 02:57 AM   #95  
viv

Hey...just another quickie

DH and I had a lunch date today and went for sushi. Now this was tough. Sushi is my fave food. So I had sashimi. It just wasn't the same. Plus that great Japanese ginger dressing has sugar in it.....I didn't eat it. I did have 2 pieces of DH's sushi (a trade for my octopus, which I hate) and a taste of my rice bowl - so I would say I had 1/4 cup of rice. Will I gain 5 lbs from this? I hope not!!!! I asked the waiter if theywould serve sushi with brown rice and he said that was RIDICULOUS! HMMPH!!

On the flip side, the newpaper columnist emailed me and asked for my phone # so we could chat more in detail about SB. She said she has written about the GI and mentioned SB, but has herself never read the book even though she has it. I am going to do my part for SB in Connecticut! I'll keep you posted - I told her I wanted anonymity, I really don't need my diet news postedall over the place......

More later - DS has a neckache so maybe we can blow off hockey tonite....altho we have two tomorrow at 745 and 8am and DH is working till midnite tonite.....

I started packing for Disney today. I am totally overwhelmed. We have the trip down there (plane toys), then food for the condo, then the tix, then the logistics, then the drive to Boca, then we need temple clothes for the barmitzvah, then clothes for the black tie party blah blah. And I am an ANAL packer so imagine how compulsed I am......

Yak yak more later...

Viv
146/139/128
Simsbury, CT
Old 03-03-2001, 03:10 AM   #96  

VIV - I am jealous. I had a week in Disney planned at xmas time but had to cancel due to a cancer scare. HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

------------------
Kim - Philly, PA
180...177...GOAL 150
Old 03-03-2001, 03:15 AM   #97  

Hey!! Happy Friday! Today is my card day with the inlaws-not my outlaws -viv! We are fairly close thank god i just can't stand that kind of stress i really feel bad for you. I actually have more of a problem with my brothers wife than anyone-go figure! Anyway we played at a different house with less junk hanging around soooo i did better today. My daughter wanted Chineese food-its lent too thank god! (i am not Catholic but everyone else is) we did go i ate chicken wings and 1/4 of a egg roll minus 1/3 of the wrapper of the 1/3! alot of water and i was fine. Ate my regular breakfast before we went. Very satisfied. We played at the mother in laws-she has that scale!!! Of course i have to head right in there. Here is a prime example of how wacky our bodys are-if you read my post yesterday I went to weigh and i was 146.0 that number didn't budge sooo i might have been 145.5! lol anyway today after breakfast and a work out and a near perfect Sugar Buster day yesterday i was 143.0-not budging again. Now come on is that humanly possible??? Probably I am on the last day of TOM ect excuse bla bla but just goes to show if i got all upset about being up and ruined a good week because of that stupid number would i have been that low today (my lowest yet i might say!) Now that number is inspiring me to get to 141.0 by Tues at WW so i will hit MY 60 POUNDS Now is that humanly possible?????? So guys and gals -KILL THE SCALE!!! go by your clothes. O.k getting off the soap box!!!!
Deb-glad your better! Its hard for us moms to get better i think cuz we are always on the go!!! take care of yourself!
didjaever- Yeah for you-your really getting this WOE good for you i hope you have continued sucess!
Quilter-hope you have fun at the play-sounds relaxing!
cmd-NO!!!!!!!!! don't quit!!! YOu seemed to be doing awsome with this! KILL THAT SCALE!
I gotta gooooo! oh i have a food question. I went to this store that has some health stuff-where i got viv's legal chocolate-which i am not responsible for ahahem! anyway i found a hot cereal made by Prarie Sun it sound o.k It is only milled wheat, rye, and flax seed. Looks interesting but is rye leagal? mom has my book! I guess i will have to see if it triggers me. There is a recipe on the back for muffins but of course you use bananas in it and 1/3 c of sugar which makes 10 muffins. I might try to change it any ideas? the cereal has 5 g of fiber i will give it a whirl and tell you all how it is! Looked better than oatmeal. I am rambling gotta go bye and have a great sugar free week end!!!!
Old 03-03-2001, 03:26 AM   #98  

I may not kill my scale just yet. I need that little bit of inspiration to get me going in the morning

Isn't the key to weighing yourself, that you have to weigh yourself at the same time each day?? I weigh myself each morning when I get up without clothes on and before I get any food in me.

------------------
Kim - Philly, PA
180...177...GOAL 150
Old 03-03-2001, 04:02 AM   #99  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Afternoon Everyone!

Got my errands accomplished, so it was a productive day. Today was a day I took back things to different stores. I buy stuff, and thankfully, leave the tags on then decide I don't need/can't afford it, and return it. Didn't get to Marshalls, though I wonder if I should show them the reciept for some black leggings when I take them back-from April 2000

For those of you lucky few that live in MS, I found a site that has a bakery in Jackson that sells SB BREADS on Tuesday and Thursdays. Anyone near there? Here's the site:

http://www.rainbowcoop.org/bakery.htm

DIDJA, I made a boo-boo, they aren't kumquats, but loquats (changed my previous post to reflect my change). Thank goodness, as they aren't nearly as bad as kumquats are!! They are a small orange fruit with big pits, not much "meat" to them, but oh so delicious. When I was a little girl, people across the street had a huge tree I would climb and just eat these suckers non-stop. Here's a site that has a drawing, just to give you an idea:

http://207.198.82.208/Images8/LoquatFruitCluster1L.jpg

Personally, I had a digital scale and didn't like it, but that was a very LONG time ago, so I'm sure they've improved. I like my Health-O-Meter, old traditional scale. Unless a digital has a low battery indicator, it may give you a wacky reading when the batteries get old. It is best to weigh yourself at the same time each day, but sometimes things don't work out that way, not really a big deal. When I wake up I sometimes weigh more than I do about a half-hour later!!!

QUILTER, I'll be sure to bring pics. That way, you can see Gator and Barb, plus my 2 wonderful kids (they are being really good at the moment, esp. Lauren, who isn't even home!!!). Let me know if you want me to get that bread or if you were able to find it locally. Bringing Starbucks for you as well-anything else???

KAREN, sounds like you had a nice party for DH! Whenever we have a b.day in the family, we get a Publix cake, which I absolutely LOVE! But since being on SB, it doesn't bother me to be around it at all, and I've been around enough of them in the past year-it's amazing!

VIV, you and that sushi-I'm gonna have to search out a recipe for SB legal sushi for you! No, you won't gain 5lbs, just 4 Seriously, just don't make it a habit, and you'll be fine. Sounds pretty neat about the SB and the newspaper, maybe you will be a local SB celebrity-to **** with the anonimity-I'd play it up for all it's worth, who knows, maybe you'll become a spokesperson for some place!! Just don't tell them sushi is on this diet!!!

RHROO, anything is humanly possible, so ****, aim for the goal, what's the worse that could happen?!?! The hot cereal sounds fine, great fibre in it, and yes, rye is fine to have. If you want to use that recipe, try subing the banana with applesauce, the sugar with agave nectar if you have some.

Well, it's almost time for Eli to come home, so I'm going to skeedadle for a while. He's going to church tonight, kids will be with their Dad, so the computer will be mine to do with what I want. Meaning, I'll be checking in later!!!

Toodles!

Debbie
194/136.5 /129
Miami, FL

[This message has been edited by Debelli (edited 03-02-2001).]
Old 03-03-2001, 05:31 AM   #100  

Good Friday Evening~

Well I thought I'd pop in for a bit and then off to doing the duties around here, so I don't waste my whole weekend, cleaning etc.

I want to make it clear that I'm not going to take any pills to speed my metabolism. I'm just a curious george! LOL But (VIV) I am drinkig the green tea. Pretty tasty. Can I count it towards my water?

You are all such a helpful group. I'm happy I've found all of you! Today was a good day. DH brought home some of those nasty girl scout cookies, they are sitting on the dinigroom table and they can stay there for all I care. I'm determined not to touch the boxes. (LOL)

Well have a great friday night, I'm sure I'll be checking in tomorrow.

Toodles~
Cathy in Ohio
198/178/145-150?
Old 03-03-2001, 05:38 AM   #101  

Hello all-
I haven't been around b/c we had no internet access for two days!! It was torture. I don't have a lot of time but will say a few things..

VIV...sorry to hear about the trouble with your in laws. My mil is CERTIFIABLE!!! She has no problems with me though so its okay. Every family has their "thing". I hope your trip to Disney helps you forget about those problems. )

JOY..I can imagine how you were feeling. Its natural to question what you're doing and think about other alternatives. That's one of the reasons this board is here. Hang in there!

didjaever...welcome to the board. I see you are from Phillie. My brother lives there (art director for the electric factory concerts) and we visit often. I love phillie. I love Fresh Fields!! Wish we had one here. I have asked my brother to look for agave nectar there, as Deb highly recommends it.

BIGORANGE...i'm still looking for wiley's. Haven't gotten to superwalmart yet so i'm hoping i find it there. my DH is curious as to the spices in it b/c he's SURE he can make his own mixture. He's too much.

QUILTER...so glad you like the book rack! It's a life saver!

I know I didn't address everyone..but I'm reading all your posts. Have a great weekend! I think I may be getting snowed in shortly...they are calling for a HUGE storm Sunday night. We'll see!

Ashley

------------------
Poconos, PA
Fitday Journal
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=overcome
Old 03-03-2001, 05:59 AM   #102  

OVERCOME - I am beginning to LOVE Fresh Fields too. A second one is getting ready open on South Street (yes, the infamous Street that has recently made national news with the riots...hehehe)

KAREN3000 & DEBELLI - thanks for the input on scales. I think for now I am convinced to stick with this ole' thing. They are like old friends that are hard to forget and give away...hehehe

I know that I will probably be directed to the recipe board, however, I was wondering if anyone can specifically direct me to a GOOD meat loaf recipe. I have to get some protein in me. Just got rid of all the old green beef in the freezer and heading to the store for new.

------------------
Kim - Philly, PA
180...177...GOAL 150
Old 03-03-2001, 06:30 AM   #103  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERYBUDDY
THE TREADMILL IS IN THE DEN AS I CLICK CAN YOU SEE ME JUMPING UP AND DOWN
I still have to put it together as far as the rails and such...I'll do that tomorrow, and then I'LL BE ON MY WAY !!

DIDJAEVER: I don't think I've welcomed you as of yet..{{{{{{{{{{{WELCOME}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
I REALLY didn't mean to ignore you, glad you decided to join us... Not an ELVIS fan, but I won't hold that against you

KIM: I'll see if I can dig up some pictures of Skeeter...He actually runs from the camera...he hates them! I bought a pillow in MT DORA when we were over there that has a cross-stitched SKEETER DOG all across the front of it...It looks EXACTLY like him..I'm so glad I bought it..
OH YEAH, Jerry Springer has a house here and shops at MY PUBLIX!!! He gets by without ever being bothered by the locals...but the tourists are after him all the time.

DEB: I LOVE KUMQUATS! I had a tree right outside my back door of my previous house. The yardman CUT IT BACK SO FAR IT NEVER PRODUCED AGAIN!!!
I plan on using my "belt" while I'm on my TM.
I know I'll have to get the "hang" of it, but I really think it will be beneficial once I do.

VIV: Hope your newspaper is "online" so we can read the article...let us know

CATHY H: If you get your work done, please come on down here so I can concentrate on getting this TM put together!

ASHLEY: you tell your DH that if he figures this out, I WILL GLADLY PAY HIM TO MAKE ME A BARREL FULL!!! If anyone can do it, he can!

Well, that's it for now, I'm going to recline

Old 03-03-2001, 06:50 AM   #104  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

BACK AGAIN~~~~

Ok, you all know I'm bad for lurking in the other topic threads. WELL...over at the LOW CARB thread, Jennifer (mama hen) says she is trying to devise a plan for herself that combines WW/LC and wants to know if they are interested in their own area. WELL, one of the answers included " I wish the SUGAR BUSTER" people were over here with us!!!!!"
CHECK IT OUT....I'm interested in seeing what she decides to do...she also posted the same request question in the WW topics...
BACK TO MY DETECTIVE LURKING....see BARB..I've learned something from you!!
Old 03-13-2001, 08:55 PM   #105  

Hello Everybody! I did SB last year about this time and lost about 8 lbs. and froze there and I couldn't loose anymore so I quit. I've gained back about 3 of those. I started back today and would love some ideas for meals; breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks.
Closed Thread