Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Thanksgiving is over, so how did you do at your TG MEAL?
I stayed 100% OP 6 25.00%
I stayed pretty much OP, tried a couple of things 5 20.83%
I tasted a little of everything, didn't go crazy & went right back OP Friday 4 16.67%
I went hog wild but jumped right back OP on Friday 0 0%
I ate off plan all weekend, but back OP today! 8 33.33%
I went hog wild and haven't stopped yet-HELP! 0 0%
Can you put my name on the list for wagon pick-up AND HURRY! 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 06:08 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/26-12/2

This is the SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIP & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FIT FACTS

Please visit our LATEST BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=3773

Please make sure you post your BIO on the LATEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our NOVEMBER 2001 RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=10560

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often-make sure to visit our newest board, MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS at the link below:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2342

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2344

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2365

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2359

and our newest board MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=5005

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=11249

WANT TO POST YOUR WEEKLY WEIGH IN INFO?? Go to the WEEKLY WEIGH IN BOARD below to post your stats!

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=11248

VISIT OUR NEW SUGAR BUSTERS 2001 PICTURE GALLERY at the link below. You can upload pictures or post links to pictures on this board

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=10759

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit NEW REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!
Old 11-26-2001, 06:18 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM:

JUMP ALL THE WAY IN

Holding back will not move you ahead. When you put forth an effort, make it a full effort, not a half-hearted one. Enthusiasm and energy will carry you past almost any obstacle.

Immerse yourself fully in whatever you're doing, and your results will be spectacular. Those endeavors out of which you get the most value are the ones into which you most ardently and persistently put yourself.

To get more from life, jump into it all the way. Take part. Participate. Make a difference. Speak up. Get off the sidelines and get in the game.

Rather than running or hiding from those troubling aspects of your life, find a way to get involved so you can exert a positive influence on them. Instead of handing out complaints, offer helpful suggestions and take positive action.

If something is important enough to invest your precious time in, then it's important enough to invest your commitment, attention and enthusiasm in as well. Don't just work -- achieve. Don't just exist -- live. Get everything you can from each moment by putting in everything you have.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day and a fabulous week!

Debbie
194/120/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-26-2001, 06:19 AM   #3  

WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK! TOMORROW IS NANCE'S BIRTHDAY!!!!
Old 11-26-2001, 08:29 AM   #4  

Good Monday Morning!

Just got in from doing my 4.5 miles, did better than I thought, have a new second best walk/jog time of 46:37, just 14 seconds more than my best time I did yesterday. My legs felt heavy and I really had to push myself, but of course, I felt great afterwards. Tomorrow I'm walking, I think these elephant legs need a break!

Eli and I went with Lauren to the flea market yesterday. Didn't buy a thing, so much junk there and no bargains to be found. Rather go to the indoor flea market next time, more like little stores, no junk there and it's airconditioned. Of course, lunch at Ole Ole was great and then for Carbolite, one of my fav. flavors, MINT! I indulged with a large It was DELICIOUS! Went to sleep early last night, nothing worth trying to stay up for on the boob-tube and I was tired anyhow from waking up at 4am over the past few days.

Saw this quote this morning and thought I'd post it
Quote:
"Most people fail rather than succeed because they give up what they want most for what they want at the moment."
FROG, tell DH not to be so impressed, remember, I'm jogging too, not just walking. Actually last few times I've jogged it's more jogging than walking. If I just walk, no jogging, I'm about an hour to do my 4.5 miles. I got a lot of blisters from the newest pair of sneaks I broke in, more so than the last 2 pairs that were exactly the same-wonder if it's because I'm jogging more now? Do you use moleskin or blister padding? Those always seem to help me.

MEL, like I told FROG, you have to remember I'm not walking all that much when I have my best times, it's mostly jogging-walking takes me about an hour to do, give or take a minute-but when I mostly jog, that's when I make the better time. I've had a couple of those black toe nails as well-try making sure you cut them back well, even if they are a little too long, they may be jamming against your shoe-at least that's what I found to be happening with me.

JRED, glad to hear the scale is down another pound for you-CONGRATS! I'm sure you'll be treating yourself to that red dress for Xmas-maybe you should stick it on lay-away as an added incentive! Def., you'll have to post a pic of yourself in that dress! Hmmm, SB LEGAL CANDY-give me an idea what you'd like. I can't remember if you've been able to find agave there or not, let me know so I can give you some ideas.

BOB, glad to hear you were hob-nobbing with the "other crowd" for the holidays. I'm sure you enjoyed being there with your family. Too bad you didn't get to the FM, guess we'll just have to make the trek WHEN YOU COME DOWN TO VISIT! Hmm, my Big Lots didn't have any Droste down here-which cocoa content is it?

ROSALIE, CONGRATS on getting into the smaller swim suit. I'm sure your body is gearing up for a drop on the scale, as you KNOW you've already lost inches! Will check out your new recipe you posted later on, sounds delicious!

SUZ, WOO HOO! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You did great in the marathon! And better time than you thought-that's wonderful! Not only that, congratulations for not giving in to that birthday cake!!! Hope the tootsies are feelin better

LAMAP, what a wonderful, upbeat post Good for you for getting out there and at least TRYING to jog a little. You will see, this added boost of jogging, as little as you can, will help your losses on the scale. When I first jogged, I swear, I didn't get but maybe 100 feet before I petered out and went back to walking. I NEVER thought in my life I'd be doing what I am today, which isn't great by many standards, but it is for me. Do what you can and be proud of what you are doing, every time, you try a few more feet and you'll be amazed on how you can do a little more each time-I sure was. I look forward to this renewal for you and having you with us on the board more

Time for me to take Lauren to school and start some cleaning. I'll check in with you all later on.

Have a wonderful week!

Debbie
194/120/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-26-2001, 08:48 AM   #5  

Good Morning everyone!! Just wanted to pop in for a quick post. I shopped til I dropped Friday! Got lots of walking in, so much my knees ached! Didn't do the mall or wal-mart scene, I went to the outlets! It was pretty good, got some deals and the crowd was not bad at all. I guess everyone was at wal-mart!
I was not the greatest over the weekend. I didn't go hog wild just nibbled on some things that was not SB legal. As for thanksgiving, I thinks I was pretty good that day, just the shopping and finding eats that was legal was a bit hard. But I'm back at it today.
Well better get to work! Everyone have a great week!
Old 11-26-2001, 08:50 AM   #6  

Thumbs down

hi everyone,

hope you all had a nice holiday weekend. we had a laid back thanksgiving at home with just the four of us then went to a friends for dessert. i took a swedish apple pie , a recipe i found on one the boards. it was pretty good. as far as the holiday meal went i did pretty well trying sb legal recipes in addition to my familys favorites. my family was pretty supportive and all agreed that if i could not have the mashed potaoes then we all could and would do without!

the weekend we spent in orlando. we went to the last UCF football game of the season which they won so they have a 6-5 season not anywhere as impressive as those "canes and gators" but they are up and coming. my son will be playing there for the next 4 years so we pretty much live football here. congrats to debbie and gatorgal on the new football rankings a bowl game with 2 florida teams playing each other will be quite interesting! the rest of the weekend we spent shopping! got a few things for christmas. i love going to orlando to shop.

way to go to all those runner/walkers out there. congrats zsuzsu i am really proud of you!!! i was also inspired with the post from lamapp and after i finish this post i am out for a walk! i was going to start the walking after the first of the year but there is no time like the present. i feel like i got a lttle push from the motivational post that deb added for this week too. it is time to go for it and not just sit back and think about it. i did gain a pound when i weighed in on friday after thanksgiving but i know better than to beat myself up about it, this is a new week and i WILL stay sb legal, planning ahead for me seems to be the key.

i will weigh in on wednesday, may have to adjust my schedule so i can always work that day so i can weigh on the same scale each week. i threw away the scale at home when i was weight watchering in the past so i weigh in at the hospital where i work.

bye for now everybody have a great week!

chris
Old 11-26-2001, 09:35 AM   #7  
"I'm working on it!"

Angry Good Morning!

Just a quick post!

Sounds like everyone did pretty good over TG. And a lot of you are stepping up the exercise. Hooray for everyone!

I helped my cousins with a 50th anniversary party for their parents yesterday. Really nice party. I kept SB legal all day with the exception of a half a roasted potato and a small piece of cake. I allow myself a taste of "illegal" stuff or else I would binge on bad stuff if I totally restrict myself. As of this morning I have lost 3 lbs over the weekend! So I guess I'm keeping pretty much OP.

I posted a tomato soup recipe to the November board. So easy, you don't have to peel or seed the tomoatoes. I tried a the rice pudding recipe from my new cooking magazine. I'll try to get that posted later.

Hope everyone has a great OP week!
Old 11-26-2001, 10:28 AM   #8  
Mel

Default Monday

Hi everybody. I just realized yesterday was my 4 month anniversayr on SB. 31 pounds down (several, no,many of them at least twice). Not as much as I hoped, but more than I expected. Does that make any sense? I guess my dreams are a little out of kilter with possible reality, but 31 pounds has already made a big difference in how I feel, how I feel about myself, and definitly my wardrobe. When I hit the 35 lb mark. I'm buying a black velvet dress I saw for New Years- very sexy, never would have had the guts (or sould I say gut to wear it before. It requires cleavage and collarbones- a tricky combination that I think I can pull off with lots of weight lifting and a trip to Victoria's Secret .

Lamap- Congratulations on the jogging. Every step is a triumph! Had to lol about "i hear the earthe move under my feet"- gotta go dig out that Carol King CD for my next workout. I'd forgotten about that one.

zsu(sp?)- Welcome, and great going on the 1/2 marathon! Boy I remember that mile 9 feeling. Sounds like your strategy worked, even if it was hard on the tummy. That was the point where I usually wanted to sit down and just drag my butt the rest of the way. But blisters there would have been really aweful Good going!

BK- Glad to hear your hitting the pavement too! We're going to need to change the title of this forum to SB and mileage makers! Like you said, no time like the present. And it should give you a little boost for getting through the next month, both weight and stress wise.

Bob- Your hobnobbing sounded fun. It reminded me of when I was in West Palm Beach 2 TG's ago at the National Field Hockey Festival with dd's team. The games were played on the WPB Polo Club grounds. The girls were gaga hanging out of the van windows pointing at the lux houses, when we realized that at least half of those dream dwellings were STABLES! They much more luxurious and comfy than my house. Course the horses they housed I'm sure were worth more than all my earthly possesions, even if I sold my kids into white slavery!

Off to work, hello to all I've missed...

mel

Last edited by meliris; 11-26-2001 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-26-2001, 12:15 PM   #9  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Default Popping In

Just a quickie to say "HI" - I'll definitely be back on tomorrow to wish NANCEMEISTER a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Things are great at work, but busy busy BUSY! Not to mention that my commute time has increased from 40 minutes round trip to 45 minutes EACH WAY!! That really cuts a chunk of time out of a girl's day. Thank goodness for BOOKS ON TAPE!! Actually, I've started leaving the house at 6:00 am so I can beat the rush on I-4. It puts me here around 6:35 - 6:45 am, but any later than that and I'm stuck forever.

I've joined the gym less than a mile away from my house. I've been doing weights and riding the "big butt bike" (recumbent bike). I go walking in the neighborhood during the week-end when it's nice outside.

We're going to Jacksonville to see the twins we got to see come into the world last year. Their parents are very good friends of ours and we haven't seen them in 6 months so I can hardly wait to get up there.

Got FROG's itinerary and will be planning a route to cheer her on! I hope most of the Florida gals will be able to make it!

Well, I've been on again - off again on the SB way, but today is TOTAL DETOX DAY!! I DO NOT want my first meeting with DEBBIE to be because I need to visit the DUNGEON!!

I must be running.......

have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2001, 12:33 PM   #10  

Hello everyone. And thank you for the inspiration. I have printed out that quote Deb posted, and am trying to increase my exercise.
I have been on SB for 17 days, have not cheated once, even at Thanksgiving. It wasn't difficult until yesterday. Had a VERY hard day. Really wanted to comfort and reward myself with food. After all, I had made it through a stressful holiday week, right? And I needed to self nurture, which I have always done with food. And besides, I couldn't keep depriving myself for the rest of my life, could I? So might as well give up. I'm sure you are all familiar with the internal dialogue.

But I made it. Not even sure how. It was a rough day.

I think one thing that made it harder is that even though I have been eating OP, and not much food either, I have not lost weight this week. Discouraging. I asked my husband to hide the scales until Wednesday, hopefully that will help. And I will start to exercise more.

So that's it. It was helpful to read all the posts this morning. Good to know there are others sticking with it, making their goals. For today, I know I can make it.
Old 11-26-2001, 12:35 PM   #11  

Hello All

I haven't talked in quite awhile, but have been busy with family, work, and school.

How's everyone doing with x-mas shopping? I got alot done yesterday, thank god. Thanksgiving was great and did okay and I made my SB dishes, but ate some I'm not suppose to.

We've adopted a dog from a rescue and he's also a new addition to my family and keeping me busy and spending my money. Who needs more kids all you need is animals.

Deb- Glad to see your still doing your walk/jog in the mornings. I'm still working out at the gym 3 x's a week and I am almost back to my size from before my daughter. Back in my jeans, but need a little more room in them, not comfortable enough yet. The amazing part is I've lost inches and have only lost a few lbs.

Well everyone take care, must get back to work.
Old 11-26-2001, 03:43 PM   #12  

Default Monday

Hello gals - I missed ya'll over the holidays. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Ours was fair - very different and more somber than in times past. I did get a good bit of x-mas shopping done!

The great news is that on Thanksgiving day, I reached a new low of 145 even! Of course, with eating off program for a couple of days I weighed in at 146 this morning, but I'm very optimistic that I am seeing a downward trend! I've not been drinking my water over the holidays, so I'm drowning myself today and running to the ladies room quite often !!

I haven't had time to read and catch up on everything, so excuse me if I don't address everyone!

Deb - You just keep on breaking records!! I just wish I could get half as motivated to exercise as you are!

Busdeb - glad to hear you got home before the tornados hit - it got really scary for awhile around here! Lots of folks lost their homes, and a few lost their lives, so we just all have to be thankful that it wasn't any worse.

Mel - time goes by fast doesn't it. 31 lbs is great!!

Hello to newbies

cya,
tv
Old 11-26-2001, 03:53 PM   #13  
sef

HiHo all! Hopefully on the 29th the doc will come me something for pain. Then I will stop moaning and groaning like an old lady!! I feel my age today plus yours!!!

I did go to NH, it does as much for me as the residents. Stopped at pharmacy on way home and that's it until time to fix supper. Yesterday I put up my little tree and put the lights on as I did so. It seems easier than trying to put them on afterwards, trrying to reach around it. Thought I would finish it today but

I just lost posts to everyone!!!!! D-mn!!!! To tired to rewrite! Will try later. Take care, sef
Old 11-26-2001, 06:18 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone, just a quick post cause we're expecting some severe weather here & sure don't want to be on the puter when it gets here.

Worked today as well as the week end. Off tomorrow for my appt with the Neurologist. Still having quiet a bit of mouth pain, so I'm hoping he'll have something positive to tell me about what to do now. Have upped my dose of medication & it has helped some, but still not enough. Since weight gain is a side effect of the med, I sure don't want to have to fight that as well as the pain.

anyway.... saw that some old faces were back on the board today.
ralynne99 good to see you back. Missed you.
SolShine Good to hear from you & that you're getting back to SB.
Meliris 31 lbs is great! Especially in 4 months!
Debbie Got your email & I like the idea of combining the recipe boards for the year. Would really help when we're looking for a certain recipe instead of going from month to month.
SEF Sure hope that doc hurries up & calls in a script for ya. Arhtur is not treating you right, so it's time to bump 'em out the door

Sorry if I missed addressing the rest of you gals, but will try to finish up later. Great to hear that so many of you have done so well with Thanksgiving. You know that this was only a TEST, as Christmas & New Years will certainly be more of a challenge for us all. Well, got to go ... BYE!
Old 11-26-2001, 06:20 PM   #15  

Default Monday night post

Off to the gym to get in 6 miles before dinner. YUCK! Hate that treadmill, but gotta get the miles in! Ran a total of 36 last week, don't know for sure what the total for this week is. I think 32.

Good to get back to work, only worked one day last week. Enjoy my job and my co-workers. Saw a really cool kid today and one that will probably end up in the juvenile correction system unless something major changes.

DEB - I am a FANATIC about the proper gear on your feet. I hope that you are not running too much in anything but running shoes. I would love to give an inservice to this group on nothing BUT how to buy the right fitness shoe for your foot type and why that is very important. Knowing what I know about feet is HOW I am able to put in the miles I do without major problems. This is the first year I have ever had a black toenail (caused by shoes that are too short) and a blister like the one I have on my big ol' big toe (which I blame on the socks as much as anything!). You should not have blisters unless your shoes fit improperly or are not being used for the purpose they're intended. You really shouldn't have to "break in" any shoes, not even dress shoes. If they don't feel great when you try them on, don't even think about buying them. This is one of the reasons I SWEAR by the Road Runner Sports (RRS) system of returning shoes and other products after you've used them because you can return them without obligation. The black toe nail shoes came from there and I returned them for a full refund after MANY runs. It took putting in a little longer distance before the toe became an issue. Sometimes it is difficult to tell right away if you've made the right selection. Moreover, RRS sells shoes by category, so once you know your foot type, you can shop with more knowledge about shoe types. Many times I know more about the shoes in a store than the sales people because I've learned. I don't wanna overwhelm, but I have lots of info if you'd like to know more. I don't use any blister products because I've never needed it, but I do know that many people use moleskin. Personally, I think that it is best to let your body do what it is trying to do and let the blister be. It is a natural protection defense mechanism. "Well Gaaawwwwhhh-leee!" Ain't our bodies' grand?

More to the rest of you fine ladie's later.

Bye for now!

Peace,
FROG
Closed Thread