Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 05:03 AM   #31  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERYONE

Hope everyone had a good day at the "salt mines"... only 3 MORE DAYS....and counting till the weekend!

Quilter: Yes, I'll bring you some Wileys when I come to Naples. I only keep the bean and pea seasoning, but will look for some of the other for you.

BEACH: I'm sorry you don't feel well again. It takes some time to shake this thing. I'm feeling a little under the weather myself. It's the same feeling I had before I got sick after Christmas.

Laurie: CONGRATS on that Walking...

BUNNY: Welcome back...we missed you!

RHOO: I believe there are some people who can chat during the day. I'm sure you'll hear from them.

COUNTRY: I AGREE...I love GS cookies, and it would be soOOOOOO much easier if they sold POWER TOOLS!!!

DEB: What did you and Sharon do today? Glad you're feeling a little better. Any color other than clear constitutes needing an antibiotic...YES...we will be stopping at the FRESH MARKET

CONNIE: Keep us posted on that hand. I'm sure it will get back to normal in no time!

ANNETTE: GOSH I'm sorry if I didn't reply to an email. I don't remember getting one, but with my mind that doesn't mean a thing! WELCOME...another FLA GAL...and so close to BARBEE...wish we had know you sooner, you could have met us over in Orlando...
Yes, you need a doctor if it's an color but clear!!

THIN::: I bet that child needs some biscuit and gravy....lol
Let us know the due date, all us GODMOTHERS
want to know!

CYNSEA...CONGRATS....the "cyber Aunts" will all babysit via the internet...Keep us posted on your progress!

Hope I didn't miss anyone, but if I did, I'll catch you on the flip side!!!

Old 02-21-2001, 06:46 AM   #32  

Hey Ya'll!
Just checking in to let you know that I am still alive! I took what's left of my family to Texas last week to visit with family. Hadn't seen my aunt in about 5 years. It was a nice visit, but I hadn't told her about my new WOE and what wasn't "allowable" for me to eat...the first meal was chicken and dumplings! I really didn't feel comfortable with telling her I couldn't eat what she had made, so my daughter and I were just ate sparingly. But that was just the beginning of our spiraling downfall for the week!!! Let me just say that we ate everything that we had been "missing" last week. MIRACULOUSLY I only weighed in at the top of the 4 pounds I had been struggling to get past. I was 221 yesterday morning; I just knew I would be 10 pounds heavier!

Well, we finally have a departure date set!
The movers will pack and load us on Monday, the 26th. (My Elli's 2nd birthday!) Then we will fly out the following day. I am SO ready to see my husband. We have never been apart this long before!

OH...I found some WILEY'S at Super Wal-Mart when I was in TX...in the produce section. Will have to wait 'til I get to Massachusett's to try it.

Well, Elli is demanding attention...

Sara
New Mexico...for now!
Old 02-21-2001, 06:54 AM   #33  

Hi everyone! Hope you all had wonderful days. Mine was pretty good, although my thoughts are mostly with my GF and her problems right now. (See note to VIV for latest details.) I had to teach both classes this afternoon and wasn’t up for it. And don’t you know they were all pretty good. I wouldn’t categorize any as angels, but they were definitely cooperating today. Whew! That was a nice surprise.

Somebody offered me a french fry today. Didn’t EVEN consider it. Knowing what they do inside just really turns me off of them. But I kind of laughed because I must have made a horrible face when I said “no thanks.” You should have seen her face. I think I really surprised her.

DEB---I’m so glad that you felt at least well enough to walk today. Does that mean you are feeling better or that you just had cabin fever and suffered through it? I hope you are better soon. Have you thought of anything you want from up this way? Let me know. BEcause if I can carry it, I’ll sure bring it.

VIV---I am such a dip. I walked away from my computer and left IM open. So that’s why you didn’t hear a response from me. I started watching that Abe Lincoln thing on PBS and with no commercials I was out of commission until 11. So very sorry. I would have love chatting with you. At my WO they have one container with just plain peanuts to grind and one container with peanuts and carob mixed to grind. Honestly, I’m looking at it like chocolate fudge. I sure hope there is nothing illegal in it, but it’s just those two ingredients. But all of a sudden I just thought of a question . . . is carob sweetened with something illegal? Oh dear, looks like I’m off to find that one out. Anyways, try me again on IM. Hopefully, I’ll be on many more times. Thanks for the kind words about Jackie. I talked to her at the hospital today. Yesterday they went after more breast tissue and some lymph nodes. She’ll hear back abou them in a couple of days. She said that she was VERY uncomfortable this morning. Lots of pain killers and she was still hurting. Sushi???? Never been down that road before. Is it really good????

ANNETTE---Welcome to the board. This is a wonderful group of “losers.” I hope we are able to answer your questions and give you all kinds of support as you take on this WOE. Don’t worry . . . the pounds will start to drop. Just remember to watch your portion sizes as well as contents of the foods you eat.

GLORY---Glad you enjoyed the quote. Sorry to hear that you are also burdened with a lump on the wrist. Hope it’s not painful for you now. Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

BEACH---My thoughts are with you as you serve others. Boy, what a job that must be. Does it take a lot out of your emotionally as well as physically? Hang in there. We’re all pulling for you and the folks you are helping. One more thing . . . I love your solution to the GS cookies. How smart you are!! Somehow I managed to avoid the whole GS scene this year. Can you tell we don’t have kids.

THIN---Thanks for the reminder tip. You are so right. We all need to remember to get on the board when we are feeling overwhelmed or ready to splurge or whatever.

CYNSEA---What GREAT news!!!! I’m so happy for you. You will have to talk with THINAGIN about this whole baby business. Sounds like you are right on her heels. Can’t wait to hear your first dr visit report. Hope you are feeling well and not getting those am sickies.

OVERCOME---Do you get how jealous we all are of you having dreamy DH who cooks and romances you???? Just kidding. I love how you get to post while he’s fixing dinner. Sounds like a wonderful working relationship. Glad you like the MM notes. Was worried that it was getting too long and involved. Thanks. Hey, congrats for not eating any no-no’s!!! That’s great!!! Wish I could say the same thing. Stay on the wagon, girl. It’s terrible when you fall off. Not only do you have bumps and bruises, but your waistline gets tighter. Ha!

BOB---Thanks for bringing me the Wiley’s. I’m so excited to get it. I’ve been wanting to cook kale for a week. Guess I’ll just wait till we get back. Whatever kinds you like will be fine with me. If the Bean and Pea is the best, you can just stick with that. Don’t tell me you’re getting sick too. You’d think we were all using the same toothbrush or something. Hope you feel better soon. Beef up on the echinacea and see if that shoos that old bug away. Let me know if there are any Kroger things you want. I’ll be happy to accomodate.

Well, I’ve got some other computer work to do for the office. We are having a corporate spelling bee on Monday. It’s a fund raiser for us and is usually a lot of fun. Corporations get three employees to make up a team and they compete in an old-fashion oral spelling bee. It’s been tons of work for us and we’re just about down to the wire. Trying not to panic.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Kim

I’m a little worried about WIW. Anybody else sittin’ in that spot?????
Old 02-21-2001, 07:01 AM   #34  
Little Engine That Could

Hi y'all. I'm back from Ariz. where I had a wonderful week. I bet you can't guess what I did? NOTHING! Yep, I did nothing but hang out in the room doing some embroidery and vedging out. It was wonderful! I had such a stressful week right before we left so it was great to have no responsibilities, no phones, no mail, no nothing. I didn't even shop! I am greatly rejuvinated, though, and ready to go again. I now have just one major short term responsibility left: leading a group of 34 women in facilitating a conference/retreat in May. When that is over, I just have my ongoing responsibilities: teaching one class a week and working at the crisis preg. center. Those are easy, though. Right now I even have time to shop for wallpaper and do some other personal projects that I have been putting off.

Beach and Deb--sorry to hear about your illnesses. I know that the winter cold season, and allergy season gets in full swing now. The oak leaves are starting to fall here, and the allergy season gets pretty bad in a few weeks. Beach, the woman across the street is a volunteer for Red Cross and she often goes away to help when there is an emergency. She was gone several weeks when Andrew went through south FL.

Country, the manufacturers of cookies and other non-edibles list "wheat flour" to distinguish it from rice flour or oat flour or some other grain rather than wheat. However, it is not WHOLE wheat flour. So, sad to say, wheat flour is nother other than plain ole white flour.

Annette, welcome. It's nice to see another FL gal here. I live outside Orlando. Barbee lives just south of Daytona. Quilter is coming down from GA to visit and will meet up with Debelli and BigOrange in Naples in March. So you could get in on that. I'm not gonna be able to go because we are going up to Gainesville then. But opportunities come along for us to get together.

BunnyLover, Its great to see you back. How are the bunnies?

Cheri, I'm so sad to learn that you lost your grandma. My heartfelt condolences.

Well, gals. I didn't do great when I was in Ariz. Eating out every meal is not really easy. But I'm back on track now that I'm back. It's safer to stay at home. But I've got to learn how to handle real life, which includes eating out.
BTW, did anyone watch the Oprah show the last 3 weeks when she had Dr. Phil on talking about weight loss? What was the upshot of the show?

Gotta go. See you tomorrow.

Old 02-21-2001, 07:45 AM   #35  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

BACK AGAIN!!!

QUILTER: I FORGOT ABOUT SUPER WALMART....you can get the Wileys there in the produce dept.
They carry it nationwide...I'll still bring you some, but you will definately find the other varieties there. When we were in Orlando, we stopped by one, and they had some that I hadn't seen before...be sure to look at the labels though.

SARA: YOU WON'T BE SORRY YOU TRIED IT....I PROMISE

GATOR: Glad you're back. Glad you relaxed!!

I'm off to watch CITY CONFIDENTIAL....

NITE NITE

Old 02-21-2001, 08:29 AM   #36  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening Everyone!

Just got home about an hour ago and have been ready to go to bed since this afternoon. I must confess, I've been pushing myself. I had to try to stay awake when Sharon was driving today. I'm going to make this a short post, if you all don't mind, and will reply to everyone tomorrow morning.

I think the walk did me in today, that and still being sick just wore me out. I really wanted to get out of the house and thought maybe a change of scenary would do me good. I probably should of waited til I got better, but what the heck! Anyhow, we went to see DOWN TO EARTH, walked out of it, it was awful-ended up seeing SWEET NOVEMBER instead, wasn't too bad.

Anyhow, I just wanted to remind you all that TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!! lest you've forgotten!!

I'll check in with you all in the morning, my bed is calling my name!!!!!

NITE

Debbie
194/135.5/129
Old 02-21-2001, 09:40 AM   #37  

Hi All. Still hanging by a thread. But darn it all, I was hunting in the freezer tonight for some frozen veggies hiding somewhere and found some Cadbury choco cream Easter eggs from last year!! Give me strength!

Glory: We have a scanner, but I never took the time to figure it out. But I may change my mind because it sounds like a great idea!

Overcome: Welcome to my hanging on! I'm certain we aren't alone.

Big Orange: Thanks for the welcome back. I always feel badly that I don't take the time so many do to respond to others comments. There are so many new gals since I started posting here! Wow. Isn't it great?

Gator: Thanks to you as well for the welcome back. The bunnies are fine. We have a 6 week old litter for sale, and a rabbit show this Saturday that I'm looking forward to :-)

Best of luck to all of you tomorrow on Weigh In Wednesday. I won't be hopping on the scale with that TOM so close. I'm struggling to remove my rings, so I know I'm retaining H2O. Why discourage myself?

I've never done this before, but do any of you think there is any creedence in just succuming to eating temptation, get it out of the way, and get right back on program? Just curious.

------------------
Barb
"Success is a journey- not a destination!!"
Old 02-21-2001, 05:51 PM   #38  

Hello everyone!

Sorry to have only been a part-time lurker lately. Tried to post the other day but couldn't get connected to the server. I have missed participating in conversations with y'all.

Down to 168 this a.m. , was under 167 at work Monday, but this is TOM week, so the 168 is probably more realistic.

We live in the heart of NASCAR country and everytime we turn on the TV there is something about Dale Earnhart. It is so sad, like him or not, watch racing or not. They keep showing grown men (young and old) on tv crying. The memorials that have been created at his HQ are amazing. I will be glad when the race next Sunday is over, prehaps by then some of the sadness will have lifted.

My APOLOGIES to everyone for no article on Fitness Friday, I TOTALLY forgot about it! I must have given my brain a vacation.

DEB - hope you are feeling better soon. Sorry to hear that you've been sick.

BOB - My dog (Dixie) tried to send Skeeter a get well card to you email address but it was returned. Perhaps I typed in the address wrong. We hope that Skeeter is doing better. I also love Fresh Market! I have to stay away from the bakery section. Which Columbus is supposed to be getting a Trader Joe's? I'm from Columbus, GA. Is that the one you were referring to?

BEACH - Saw the storms on the news. So glad that we have good folks like you working for the Red Cross. On behalf of the American public and Chicks everywhere, thank you! Get better soon!

LAMAP - Good that you are walking! Love that you've done 100 miles!

BUNNY - I love your signature statement, so true!

COUNTRY - Beware of innocent looking girls clad in green selling small boxes of poison disguised as cookies. I just have to turn my head and walk away. Keep telling yourself that you won't be tempted, you won't give in.

CHERI45 - I was sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts are with you.

CATHY - I am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandparent as well.

GLORYB - glad to see that you are back on the board.

VIV - Hope you find out something from your doc soon.

Hello to everyone that I ran out of time to address. Gotta go get ready for work.

Peace,
Frog

190/168/130 (22 down, 38 to go)
Old 02-21-2001, 07:52 PM   #39  

Good morning!!!

Yesterday was crazy... back to work... IN PAIN....

and my favorite uncle is dying in Texas and I can't find decent air fares to go down there for a weekend, and can't take any time off from work....

The good news is I lost FOUR POUNDS this week.... according to Fitday I'm losing about 2.6 pounds a week which is a nice loss. If I keep this up, I'll reach my goal before my goal (150 by 12/31/01).

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts... and I'm sure by the time I do there will be more....

but I wanted to remind everyone to post their losses on the board started by Deb!!

Have a losing day!!!!

------------------
Healthy Hugs,
Connie
251.5/236.5/150
Janesville CA (an itty bitty town 80 miles NW of Reno NV)
Old 02-21-2001, 08:48 PM   #40  
Check out my homepage=>

Hi EveryBuddy!

Ha - now I don't feel so bad...I see most of you have been as busy as I have & haven't taken time to post as much! Thanks for relieving my guilt!

I've been overwhelmed with new responsibilities at work & am feeling a bit nasty as a result, but I did have a nice loooong weekend to recover - feeling much more human now!

Happy to report that I've had an exceptional week (since Friday) - on track, on program, on points! I have to say the WW thing is really helping more than I could have imagined. It helps clarify my decisions; I can see in exact numbers that I COULD have that piece of sugary junk, but when the numbers add up, it just ain't worth it! I'd rather eat MORE than eat CANDY!

I even tucked the beautiful box of chocolates from VD into the drawer...haven't touched them! I've been within point range, even allowing myself some great rewards, since last week & don't feel particularly deprived.

Today's WIW & I'll post my results later...hope they're good ones!

------------------
-Liz
125/122.5/105
"Half of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up to get it." -Bill Phillips
Old 02-21-2001, 08:49 PM   #41  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Wednesay Morning Everyone!

Well, I have to admit, it's a good day on the scale for me today! Actually, not only did I lose 4lbs since last WIW, I finally hit a few milestones! I've hit the 60lb loss mark, I've got 5lbs to go til goal and tomorrow is my 11 month SB ANNIVERSARY! Not too shabby! I know I will go up when my TOM finally decides to show up (it's a wee bit late, no worries though, probably from being sick), plus the fact, I know that being sick has helped me get this great loss this week, but whatever way it came, even if for a brief time, I'm happy to see 134 on the scale!!

I'm feeling about the same. I will call the doctor for a prescription today. I really hate going to his office, so crowded and the wait is nuts, plus I don't like taking antibiotics, but I think the green monster inside of me has to be eradicated already!

I confess again, I walked today - a slow walk, couldn't use my Powerbelt, no strength-trust me, my body got back at myself while walking. Lets just say the tissue wasn't quite big enough when I needed to blow my nose!

Anyhow, I am definintely taking it easy today. Going to stay at home and sort socks - exciting, huh!

VIV, what did the gyno say about the BCP and the problems you are having?? Sounds like you have an interesting weekend with the in-laws, I hope they behave themselves. I've heard CHOCOLAT was good, guess I'll have to put it on my "to-see" list. Never heard of Brigit Jones movie, who's in it?? The cocoa content should be listed somewhere on the wrapper, if it's not, don't buy it. Look for Chocolove at WO, or Lindt 70%-both will have the % on there.

ANNETTE, and official WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!! Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well either, you've got a lot of company on this board for those not feeling well, hopefully, we'll all get better SOON! Seems your doctor is a jerk, should get a new one. My Uncle is a well known and respected Internist in W. Palm Beach and he even tells me that he recommends this type of eating plan to his patients. Even my Aunt is following a low GI WOE. Thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD, so everyone can learn more about you. Try to make sure you are eating enough, this may be a reason you may NOT be losing, but it also can be your body adjusting from Atkins to SB. Many of us use the FITDAY.COM site to journal our foods, you should look into it, it's really helpful! I'm sure you'll love the friendship and support we have here on the board - anything you need, just ask, we're all happy to help! Again, WELCOME!!

GLORY, how are those cravings doing?? I'm sure you're doing great - keep up the good work!!!

THINAGIN, so this baby is already a picky eater I see! What did the ultrasound show??? How far along do they think you are now?? Let us know!!!!Your tip was great, and oh so true!!!!

CYNSEA, CONGRATULATIONS!! Two babys coming on the board! You and THINAGIN!! I think staying on this WOE is definitely smart, and will be so helpful. Who says you can't make your goal by Oct?? You'll of had the baby by then, so who knows! As for what to drink...I drink the water and once in a while, some tea, the Celestial Seasonings. You could also make homemade lemonade.

CHERI, you HAD to rub in that 55 degrees!!! I'd take it any day, it's suppose to be 82 here today! UGH! Seems summer weather has arrived!

OVERCOME, I hope you aren't getting sick!!!!!

BIGO, Eli brought you home a nice bag of coffee last night, he distinctly said, "this bags for Narda". Sharon I just ran around to a few stores, nothing too exciting, too sick for exciting things. Went to the movie, gabbed as usual. We found the Lindt 70% chocolate up her way for $1.89, just in case you want me to bring some over when we come. Let me know if there is anything you need, besides coffee!

SAS, sounds like you are busy with the move. Where will you be living?? I'm sure you are going to enjoy your new surroundings. What are you doing with your house while you are gone??

QUILTER, you have me pegged, just needed to get out and walk, didn't feel any better, that's for sure. Thanks for offering, but honestly, I can't think of a thing I need from up that way!! Ummm, the carob chips, there are different kinds, and unless you got some that were unsweetened, I'd tend to say, there is some type of organic sugar in them.

GATOR, welcome back. Glad to hear you got some rest while in Arizona, though I can't imagine going away and not doing some shopping, for me, that would be torture!!

BUNNY, toss the Cadbury's from last year out, just think how all those preservatives have blended for a whole year in your fridge!! As for your "temptation question" I personally haven't felt any strong urges of temptation, but I think if I were to have any moments like these, I wouldn't give in. They should pass, and if I do give in, it's like giving me an unlimited amount of money to spend like I want-there would be no stopping me!

FROG, we've missed your presence on the board! Glad to see you are down, how much is that since last week?? I too couldn't believe that DH died, that crash didn't look so bad compared to others I've seen. Hopefully, something good will come from it, like better safety.

JOY, sorry to hear about your Uncle, I hope he's not suffering. CONGRATS on your 4lb loss, that's wonderful!!!!

Well gals, I think I covered it all for now. I will check in with you all later. Please remember, TOMORROW IS RECIPE DAY so if you have a recipe you'd like to share with the board, please post it tomorrow.

Later!

Debbie
194/134 /129
Miami, FL

Old 02-21-2001, 10:00 PM   #42  
viv

Morning Ladies!
I'm sitting here eating my SB muffins made with agave nectar - the ones Deb posted last week. Not bad, I subbed strawbs for bluebs - maybe a little dry, but making me happy

Well, actually still not happy. It's going to get COLD tonite!

Went to WO yesterday with GF and her kids - was psyched for the brown rice sushi. There is sugar in the ingredients, which I realized is part of the mixture used to season the rice, so it is a very very very tiny amount.The REAL bummer was that by the end of the day, they had very few brown rice choices left, so I got the veggie roll, which of course had a ton of CARROT in it! I poked all the carrot out.,.. but sushi with brown rice just isn't the same... I think I'll make some at home soon, the kids love it...

This BCP/TOM issue is annoying, so I am not posting my weight today. The doctor's office said not to worry, that it could be from my weight loss (oh, puhleeze!) - but I have bloating, crabbiness, cramps.....so I would assume that is why my weight is...not where I want it to be? Hopefully by Friday this will STOP and I will love my scale again!

My complaint about wild oats - they have so much wheat free, dairy free, fat free stuff - not enough sugar free stuff. I feel discriminated against !!! I did find unsweetened carob peanuts which are great for me - I don't care for nuts that much, so the added carob, even tho it is NOT chocolate, helps. Oh, and I did eat a nice chunk of cheese from DS's pizza - there was no protein in my sushi!

Deb - Would you please feel better already? Gosh, here we are shivering in our boots and you're in Miami Vice-land with all that yummy sunshine and humidity and you're sick! Makes no sense to me! Tell Eli to take you on a cruise or something this weekend! YOu MUST read Bridget Jones. Get them out of the library. They are the funniest, easy read books - she's a neurotic English gal in her 30s who keeps a diary - weighs herself daily, justifies every weight gain, every cigarette, every failed relationship with men - it is too funny. Renee Zellweiger is starring in the movie adaptation which I am getting together 10 GFs to go see - the ultimate chick flick. I hpoe it's well done. CONGRATS!!!!!! on the 60 POUNDS! That is toooooo wonderful - my suggestion - GO BUY SOMETHING! Great job and very inspirational!

Annette - welcome. I've been SB-ing for about 3 weeks and am very happy with it in spite of the TOM problem I am currently having. I am a WW lifetimer but I think this may be thte solution to my slooooowwww losses on WW. Hang in there - this is a great group, incredibly knowledgeable.

Glory - We're going to Disney at the end of March, then down to Deb's neck of the woods. I cannot wait. I need a big change of scenery, plus I enjoy getting all choked up at Disney magic. My kids are great travelers so I am so psyched to see them have fun at the Mouse! My cravings have really gone away, and mine used to be super intense. Give it a little more time and hopefully it will kick in...???

Thinagin =- I agree - the boards are the best place for support. I have great GF but none of them are constantly looking for the ideal way to lose weight - here I know one of the most important quests in my life can find companionship and support!

Cynsea - CONGRATULATIONS!!! How wonderful for you! Having been borderline diabeteic when I was preg both times, I think doing SB while you are pregnant is a really wise choice. Just make sure you let your doctor know, and that you are getting the right nutrients at all times! How about iced decaf flavored tea? Flavored seltzers?

Overcome - oh, we all need to share your DGH! He cooks! Sigh..... So how do you read on the treadmill - you have a stand for the book that attaches? Don';t you bounce around too much to read? I watch TV but would prefer to read during TM time....

Big O - What is Fresh market? is it a HFS? Is it something I should put on my TO DO list when we go to FLA?

Sara - so where are you moving in Boston? Do tell!

Quilter - I really HOPE I react that way next time I get the kids McDonalds (hmmm, maybe tonite...) - that willbe the ultimate test of willpower! When are you going to Fla? I know you're gonna hook up with the SB gals, what else are you going to do? The carob I got at WO specifically said unsweetened - one thing I really likea bout WO is how everythiing has the ingredients listed, so it should be pretty easy to make the determination. They had carob powder there - I wonder if I mixed that in with the pb.....ick, that sounds gross....Sushi is the best. It is my favorite food. Been eating it for over 20 years and have turned SO many people on to it. YOu get a craving and that's it - gotta have some. It's texture and taste all rolled into one great package. Start out with California Roll (if you can find a place that does it on brown rice, check WO) - which is all cooked - imit. crab, avocado, veggies - just to get a feel for the taste of it. Move on from there. Come to CT and I'll take you out for it!! It sounds like you have a fun work environment....sigh....

Connie - WOW on the -4! Awesome! Go take a good walk to make SURE it stays off!

Gator - doing nothing on vacation....what's that? Usually we are booked every minute from morning till nite.....run, run, run. I don't think I am physically capable of relaxing like that - wish I were! Since you're near Orlando, any tips? A friend of mine is moving down there in the next few months - he's looking into the West-something area, supposedly hot at the moment???

Well, ladies, hopefully this post will take! Have a great Wednesday and I will be checking in on those WIW stats!

Viv 146/?/128
Simsbury, CT
Old 02-21-2001, 10:30 PM   #43  

Hi everyone, I am new to SB but have read the book and purchased the shopping guide. I will order the cookbook soon. You sure are a great bunch. I have been lurking many boards in search for the "right" "healthiest" diet and have decided upon SB. From the looks of everyone's weigh in stats you all are losing consistently at a rate of 1.5-2.5 per week and eating bread, cereal,fruits and veggies. What more can a person ask for. Most exciting is you don't have to count points (I hope). I'll continue to lurk until I have something to add to the wonderful pool of knowledge that already exists on this board. I am very happy to find you all.
Happy/PA
Old 02-21-2001, 11:09 PM   #44  

Happy WIW to all.....

Except that I am STILL at 132. Honestly, I shouldn't fuss about it because from last Thurs - Mon, I was B A D That is all I am going to say about that.

Deb.. green stuff is NOT good. Personally I think you should be on antibiotics. You don't want to develop pneumonia or bronchitis!!!! Don't make me come down there and drag you to the Dr screaming and yelling.

Viv.. I really enjoyed chatting with you yesterday I do think you jinxed me though. As the day progressed, I started feeling puny from all the fun we had in Charleston I am back on track now. ANDDD.. as soon as DH gets TM together, I can try to catch up with you walkers.

The day is quickly getting away with me here. I want to go to the BigK and get a new vacuum cleaner I will try and get more caught up with posts later.

Congrats to those of you that had user-friendly 1 eyed monsters this week!!!!

Ann
140/132/115
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Savannah, GA
Old 02-21-2001, 11:45 PM   #45  

I am new to the board and just wanted to say hey there to everyone!! I am anxious to get started on SB and interacting with the group. I just had a baby girl. I have been home for 6 weeks and have had relatives cooking for me and of course -I was rewarding myself with too many sweets the past few weeks. I will be home for another 6 weeks and would really like to throw myself into SB as I have the time now (in between diapers and feedings that is).

Mickers
Closed Thread