Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 10:41 PM   #76  

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcomes. I feel so frightened about eating carbs after struggling with low carb (fruitless, breadless,grainless, and veggieless) eating and failing for so long. I am just going with blind faith here. I might purchase the old ww materials or richard simmons counter to track how much I am eating so I don't overdue it. Is anyone else using that approach? :confused:

DEBBIE, I found your email by usint the recently deleted gizmo, thanks and it is very helpful. Is there such a list for lunches and dinners?

ANYONE outhere ever post lists of their lunches and dinners they would be willing to post for this apprehensive newbie
Old 02-22-2001, 10:47 PM   #77  
***ORANGE CHICK***

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{SUSY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Too much to answer, I'll catch everyone when I get home!
Deb, TRY TO BUY THAT SHIRT IN THE REGULAR SIZE DEPT!!!!!
CONGRATS ON THE ANNIVERSARY!!!!
I'll check with my friend here at work about the HFS...Are you all spending the night?
Back to work......
Later GALS

[This message has been edited by BIGORANGEBABEATWORK (edited 02-22-2001).]
Old 02-22-2001, 11:07 PM   #78  

Well good morning Ladies

Yes it's a good one, we have a nice sunny day today. and I really have been enjoying reading some of the posts that you all wrote. I really would never run around the house naked If i did Hubby would get a movie camera and catch me most likely. I just run around in a short nightie. I love it. But the funs over Hubbys home today so I must devote my time to him today. were going thrift store shoping I love it.

Deb: In answer to your question, yes it's now 94lb off and going down. i'm so thrilled. I really wanted to reach that 100lb mark by feb. but that's another resolution down the drain. I don't feel bad about it cause I know this time i'm doing it and I've never lost so much weight before in my life and i really feel good about this WOE I know i'm committed and that's not to be committed even tho i have a little bit of crazy in me. Just a personel opion

Gator: I was wondering is Scottsdale anywhere near glendale? that's where my Son and his family live?

Quilter: I'm so excited for Jackie, Isn't it wonderful to see that God does answer prayers and to have such a wonderful friend.

Country: I loved your story. I would die if one of my hubbys friends or family came in and caught me. that would be awful.

Joy: I'm so glad to hear the good news about the wrist. Yipppeeee. We girls need to stick together and support each other . You go girl

Viv: Sounds like you and Deb are in for a good time. Wish I lived closer. It was fun getting a chance to chat with you for a short time yesterday. Hope I catch you on again sometime and we can talk longer. you don't let those kids get you down.

Sharon: Wow 26lb loss that's really wonderful. I'm impressed. I too have a friend like you that i've known sence childhood. we were kindof raised in the crib together and still keep in touch. it's great to have really close friends.

Deb: I don't know if Sharon get's on or not so please pass that on to her. I know she's special to you. And a big Congrates on your Anniversary isn't it wonderful. You've done so good. Just think by the time it's a yr you'll most likely be at goal. WoW.

Well gotta go hubbys russling in the kitchen and he doesn't know how to cook, Love ya glory
Old 02-23-2001, 12:05 AM   #79  

Hi everyone! Thank you all for your sympathies for my grandmother and your congratulations for my granddaughter. I do have a picture of her but am not quite sure how to post it.

Viv: No, my granddaughter wasn't named after my grandmother. They chose a name unique to the family. Thanks, I think it's a cute name too.

Susy: I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your husband are in my prayers.

Joy: I'm glad to hear the good news about your wrist. I hope everything continues to go well and you don't have a reoccurance.

HappyWisdom: I have been using Richard Simmon's Food Mover to help me with quantities and calories. I am new to this WOE and haven't lost much yet, but I know that I will and the mover seems to help me keep track of how much I am eating.

Kim: Sorry that we are going to have to postpone our meeting this Saturday. I'm going to leave in the morning to go visit the family in Michigan.

Debbie and Glory: Congratulations on your 60# and 94# losses. It's really awsome. You are truly an inspiration to all of us. This really can happen. Thank you.

Cheri
287/276/145
Indianapolis, IN

Old 02-23-2001, 12:12 AM   #80  

Hi,
The bookstore only had hardcover SB so hopefully I can pick it up today. I did get the shopping comp and browsed thru the book.
I had the same question as happywisdom regarding tracking the quantities too - so I am curious to see a response.

Happywidom - sounds like we have been on the same rocky road (and not the ice cream).

Laura
Old 02-23-2001, 02:30 AM   #81  

Hey all.

Thank you for the hugs and prayers. I;ve sorta binged on bread stuff today. It's all been legal, just massive quantities OK, so I've had three slices of bread and some oatmeal. But I'll be ok, soon I hope.

Congrats to all you losers. I'm gonna have to break down and get a scale. This measuring losses by the fit of my jeans is just not good enough anymore.

So I'm gonna get out of the house for a bit, go explore a new store and buy myself a (breadless) lunch.

Thank you all again.

Susy
Old 02-23-2001, 04:46 AM   #82  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING LADIES,

BARB...I KNEW YOU WERE LURKING!!!
Ladies, you have to realize that there is NOTHING that gets past BARB! SHE SEES ALL!!
AND TELLS IT ALL AS SHE SEES IT!!! lol

Susy: don't you worry about what you've done, you just get past today and worry about tomorrow....tomorrow!! Hope you found a GOOD LUNCH...It always tastes better when someone else fixes it!

GLORY: Glad you got your clothes on before your hubby got home! Hope you had a good day at the thrift shops...I just love going to those!

KIM: I saw you post "giving me down the road" Thought it was funny. I swear that we usually post at the same time more often than not!

WHO was that who asked about Trader Joes coming to WHICH Columbus? It's Columbus OHIO.. Sorry, if it was Georgia, I'd be there to help them build!

I'm off to fix supper...a sweet potatoe, green beans and BUFFALO chicken....YUMMMMM

I'll click more later!!

BOB
SW FLA
Old 02-23-2001, 05:51 AM   #83  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening Everyone!

Thought I'd get in a post before tonight's chat.

I got the pictures back, but I must be a bit stupid, I'm having a hard time getting these pictures to enlarge. Be patient with me a day or two, and I'll figure them out!

Went to Loehmann's, nada! Junk there! I did go to Marshall's and found a white shirt I like, but didn't buy it, you can see my bra easily through it, plus I found a little stain on it. Would love to find it in a dark color. Did find it in a sorta salmon color. Bought that one, but may not keep it, you can still see my white lace flowered bra too easily through it, which I don't like! Hey, it's a start - size medium by the way.

HAPPY, trust me, you aren't the first person to come over from a low-carb lifestyle and be scared of eating carbs-you were brainwashed, it's not your fault. Honestly though, you will do fine. You just have to get out of that low-carb mindset. Make sure you check out FITDAY.COM if you haven't already, you can keep track of your foods on there. Though, if you want the WW or RS plans, you can surely find them cheap enough on Ebay or on the HELP BOARD on this site. I personally find it easy enough to write things down in a little notebook. I don't do it daily, but when things seem not to be moving, I find it very helpful. I have a few menus' in my files, will get them and send them to you later, but again, it's not that hard to figure out what to eat from the major food groups. Now snacks, that's the next list we have to get done!!!

BIGO, did you see my message above on the shirt?? Maybe we'll find something in Naples (NOT!). Did you get my e-mail?? Let me know what you find out.

GLORY, 94lbs is totally awesome, you'll hit 100 before you know it. You know what, when I started SB, I thought I'd reach goal in Oct. It came and went. At the time, it really wasn't such a big deal. I continued to lose and felt great, reaching goal was/is secondary. Whenever it comes, it will be great. Instead of making a big goal, I should of stuck to small goals, which is what I've been doing for a while. My goal of reaching 135 by the end of this month came true a little early, now I just hope I can hold it under that! So you may not make 100 by end of Feb, but you know it's around the corner and you WILL MAKE IT SOON!!! Keep up the great work!! I sent Sharon a copy of your message, she said to tell you THANK YOU

CHERI, if you can e-mail me the picture of the baby as an attachment, I will be more than happy to get it loaded up for you!!

MICKERS, like I told HAPPY, check out FITDAY.COM-great site for keeping track. If you can get the SB book at the library, that's good enough really. As long as you have the shopper's guide to know what to eat, you'll refer more back to that than you will SB once you've read it probably. You may find things a little misleading at times, just ask us, we'll be happy to help you decipher things easier.

THINAGIN, don't worry about the consuming of legal carbs. I do that a couple times of month, it's hormones, and you're entitled! It will pass. So, what new store did you find???

Well gals, I'm heading off this contraption for now. I'll be back on at 9:30pm for the chat. I've already given forewarning to everyone in the house that the computer is MINE at that time!! LOL!!!

Toodles!

Debbie
194/134/129

Old 02-23-2001, 06:32 AM   #84  

The move is going full steam ahead. We are ready for the packers.

VIV: No, we are not a new reality based TV show...although we probably could be!! We are myself, DH, 2 boys (9, 11), 3 girls (2, 13, 15). We are a his, mine and ours family.

DEB: We are all SO looking forward to our time in MASS. It's going to be a homeschooler's heaven! Kids are worked up as well. Good to know about TJ's. I'll definitely be on the lookout!

On a personal note to SUSY: I am sooo sorry for your loss. If you would like to e-mail me, I hope that I can provide some support for you. I have been through 4 miscarriages in the past 3 years. All in the early first tri-mester. So many times the doctors say it could be chromosonal things, but there are also many other possiblities that are treatable. My sweet result of progesterone treatment is going to turn 2 on Monday! (((Susy)))

Speaking of that fabulous 2 year old, she is calling...she seems to always sense when I'm on the pooter!!

Later!
Sara
4 more days in New Mexico!
Old 02-23-2001, 06:52 AM   #85  

Here's a quickie before my addiction comes on at 8 p.m. Haven't had a chance to read all the posts from late last night and today, but just wanted to address a few things.

SUSY---So sorry to hear about the baby. Have never gone through it myself, but have watched friends in agony over this loss. Pleas know you and DH will be in my thoughts and prayers.

BARBEE---Thanks for giving it to us straight! I need to hear your "cheating talk" about once a week. (Some weeks more than once.) Hey, you could put it on tape and make a fortune!!!! I'd buy one.

Almost forgot . . . I did remember to weigh in this morning and I lost the two pounds that crept back on last week. So I'm back to my total of 9 pounds. However, want you all to know that I've committed to writing down everything I eat and that will help on portion control and those extra little tidbits that seem so small, but add up.

Gotta go get out of this bra before I recline and veg out for an hour. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that "aspiring actress" Jerri gets the axe tonight (figuratively . . . not literally). I read in the paper that CBS has a personality survey up and that little backstabber has the LOWEST rating. 2.4 on a scale of 1-10. Ha-ha!!!! Wonder what it feels like to be a millionaire and be so obnoxious that people still don't like you.

Bye.
Kim
185/176/139
Cincinnati
Old 02-23-2001, 09:07 AM   #86  

hi everyone!
Barb from Port Orange, you and I are two peas in a pod... I do not sugar coat anything! You and I should get together... I live in Ormond... I love your straight as an arrow way and I am a Newbie so I can use your knowledge!

Deb: hope you are feeling better... I feel ok today... hope it lasts...

viv: tried to IM you today,but you must have been busy or not at your computer...

Deb just im'd me and I missed the Chat ... OOPs.. I just forgot...

Quilter.. I am so happy to hear about Jackie.. what a great gift from above!

glory- hello, thanks for the advice!

everyone else: thank you so much for your support! I really appreciate everything I read!! A
Old 02-23-2001, 09:08 AM   #87  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

OK MS KIM...WHERE WERE YOU ???

Had trouble getting kicked off in chat. Wonder if it's because I had my mail program open in a different window?

Old 02-23-2001, 09:37 AM   #88  
Little Engine That Could

Hope chat went well for everyone. I hope the new chat program that Suzanne installed works better than the last one. I couldn't get it to work for me. And spend a nice evening with my daughter, so did not chat tonight.

Debelli, the IM works so that all AOL people can enter a chat room, and all non-AOL people can enter one, but you can't have a mixed room, with both AOL and non-AOL people. I don't know why they don't change that, but they haven't. When I get into multiple conversations with both AOL and non-AOL people, I just have to open 2 screens. It's not as good, definitely.

Boy, that's a record for you, Barbee. Two posts in one night. Thanks for your "no cheatin' talk. Most everyone needs to hear that every once in a while.

Big Orange, I want to fix some more beans with the Wiley's. Pole beans are so expensive now, so I was wondering if you ever fixed plain green beans with it. I do have fresh green beans and wonder if they would do well with the Wiley's. I wonder how cabbage would do with it. Any suggestions?

My daughter and I walked our 1.5 miles tonight. She is a lot taller than I am, so she walks much faster. I feel like I am running just to keep up. Also did my weight lifting today.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, Deb.

Have a great evening, y'all.
Old 02-23-2001, 11:48 AM   #89  

Good Friday morning! LOL
Just got home and wanted to post I know the kids will be on this computer tomorrow so this is my chance!
Everyone is doing well it seems. I didn't get any form of excersise today-no bowling, roller skating or walking! tomrrow for sure. The Roller skatiing was fun my 5 yr old was cute-she is a blondie and kept saying she wanted to go back on the Ice!!! LOL i do call her "blondie" alot bad habit i think! LOL I wasn't sore at all! Being some what in shape does have benifits-my sister that is in great shape pulled a muscle bowling! she was sooooooo mad! Food wise this week i am doing well also. Baked cookies again today for a get together. I didn't touch one!!! yeah me!!
Deb: Yeah for the anniversary-and for your friend too!!! Well what did you do with the open candy?? LOL I have 2 bars in my freezer still I get a craving then forget about it or have one little square its nice to have some control! Hope you found something nice to wear. I went to the thrift and got a few things-looking for summer stuff now in a size smaller-wishful thinking! I have to admit when i put on a pair of pants i bought that didn't fit when i bought them and are now big its a great feeling! One feeling i like ALOT
Sas-Andover is about 45-60 minutes from me! Maybe we could meet half way sometime when you get here!! How old are your kiddos? Let me know when you get here and settled and if you have any questions. How close to work will hubby be? I though you said he would be working in Boston? Its been awhile i forget stuff easily! LOL Good luck with the move. Maybe we can get into chat some day and make some plans or just talk about this Wonderful state! LOL
Happy-hope your getting a feeling for this WOE. I do Weight watchers with this program. I have fruit and starchy carbs everyday. What are you eating? I usually have my starchy carbs in the a.m or lunch time. I also try not to eat after 8:00 huh! I have a fruit and maybe a starch with peanutbutter (natural) i eat alot of egg whites with veggies in them I buy the frozen onions and peppers just throw them in with black olives that have no sugar and mushrooms. I eat a salad everyday with meat or cheese in it. I use Paul Newman light salad dressing. I don't have menus just try and watch portions and Sugar! once the sugar is cut out you will not crave those sugary carbs - Just keep going -get over the hump and you will be on your way!
cheri-congrats on the grandbaby! cant wait to see her.
mickers-the book is only sold in hard back! (i think) check the library too. I saw them on ebay also! good luck!
thinagain-sorry to hear about the baby. These things in life are hard. I always wonder why thing happen but there is always a reason. Hope your feeling better with those carbs. SOmetimes this food stuff has to take a backseat. ((hugs))
Glory-wooooooooo hooooooooo!! gotta love those goals! even if you don't make them it won't hurt trying right?!
quilter-yeah for the 2 lbs!!!!!
viv- As far as the WW thing! I never really told them i am doing the Sugarbuster thing. Its real funny that in the new year they changed the program-really pushing the Whole wheat-adding points for carrots and onions (because of the sugar!) I do try to give suttle hints to people that i am TRYING to not eat added sugar and that it really is a trigger for me. They also have new way to count the points in which you decide how many carbs you need and protien ect...So i think they are getting the sugar thing at WW. How is hockey going? are you ready for the week end??? Hope you have fun! even if you don't you can act like u did! lol
Hope you all had a good chat someday i will get to talk to you all! LOL Have a great week end if i don't make it back!
Old 02-23-2001, 06:42 PM   #90  

OH MY GOSH . . . I totally forgot about the chat last night. Man, am I mad at me right now!!!!! How did it go? What did I miss???? Made the mistake of watching survivor in bed and was so warm and comfy that I just stayed there the rest of the evening. Talk about your basic slug!!!! Sorry, gals, I'm going to have to put an alarm in my Palm Pilot as a reminder for next week.

Busy day off today. Be back later.
Kim
185/176/139
Cinti OH
Closed Thread