Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2001, 08:49 AM   #16  

Hi everyone. I am new here. My name is Ann and I am from SE Georgia. I started SB on Jan 2, 2001. So far, it has been mostly positive for me. The past week, though, has been a stand-still as far as losing lbs But I will continue this battle and forge on as this woe will be like my old woe, lol!!! I hope to get aquainted with all of you. It's nice to have a commradery in the same "cause"!!! Please check out my "exciting" bio, if you would like. Have a good night all....Ann
Old 01-30-2001, 09:02 AM   #17  

OH man! All I can say is that I'm hanging in here! I haven't been posting, but HAVE been reading. Things have been crazy around here and are about to get crazier! We just found out that we are moving to BOSTON for 6 months! DH is being transferred there to learn some sort of programming stuff and then we will return to New Mexico, where he will provide training for others. He has to be there by Feb. 12, and we will follow a week or so later. Time is gonna fly! I'm kinda excited to see the East coast. Never been there, and as a homeschooling mom, I see a never-ending opportunity to teach history! Anyone from the Boston area, or visited there? I think it's gonna be cool to go there FAT, and come back SLENDER! THAT is my goal!!
Sara
Old 01-30-2001, 09:09 AM   #18  

EBABE: Hey, I just read your bio! I'm in Edgewood! At least I am for the next couple of weeks...see my above post. Where abouts are you in Albuquerque?
Old 01-30-2001, 12:15 PM   #19  

Hello to everyone! My name is Debi. I've been on SB since 9/2/00. I have lost 55 lbs. I want to lose an additional 145. I've come here for positive feedback and support. I like what I have read. Losing weight is not an easy path; but we can all pick up rocks and sticks along the way to make things smoother.

I don't have a quote to share with you, but just wanted to say hello and keep up the good work!
Old 01-30-2001, 05:25 PM   #20  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD TUESDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Have only a minute to say good morning, have to get dressed and take Michael to school in 5 minutes. Just wanted to pop in for a minute as I didn't get my intended nightly post in last night-out like a light on the couch after EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, I sure was pooped!

Anyhow, it's TUESDAY TIPS so if you have any good tips that you think would be useful in helping us reach our goals, please post it today. I'll add something later

Gotta run, will come home and walk and then be able to respond to everyone

Have a wonderful day!!!

Debbie
194/139.5/129
Old 01-30-2001, 06:52 PM   #21  

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome. I appreciate it!! In Minesota we are covered with ice and snow this am. My hubby is clearing the driveway for me as we speak. He will not be working today as he was meeting some clients two hours away and that would be foolish to say the least. I only work 5 miles from home so I will four wheel drive my way there today!!!

My tip for the day is about grilling steak. I love the Canadian Steak Seasoning I can get from my local Sam's Club. I grill twice as much steak as I need for a meal. Then I slice the remaining steak, serve it on romaine lettuce with grape tomatoes and blue cheese crumbles. Top with a legal dressing and you will love this as a change from good old grilled chicken salads. Even in Minnesota I grill all year round!!!

Another treat just for me is a latte with skim milk and any type of Davinci's sugar free syrups, now made with splenda. I have a latte machine at home. I drive to work with one of these every morning. My hubby bought me the machine one year and said we would be money ahead if I used it instead of stopping everyday at Starbucks.

I am having trouble getting into a regular exercise program again. However I am ripping wallpaper off of six rooms in my house so I am moving around.

Take care everyone!!
Donna

------------------
Hope you don't find the pounds I've lost.
Old 01-30-2001, 07:12 PM   #22  

Morining everyone i just wrote a whole post almost finished and lost it!!!GRRR!! Don't ya hate that?
Here is my revised version!
I feel like i stayed the same this week-Having some hormone thing-not as bad as u all seem to have it. My new goal was not to lose it during that TOM and not to gain! I hope i can do that!
Deb-hope your foot feels better. I have not had time to email you. You are right about a seperate board for menues I think that a board for products would be great!
Beach- I always say that when you fall off the wagong get back on before you get run over! Sound like you did. I am getting worried about getting to goal myself-that being "cured" thing i guess i feel like i am going to go nuts. I know i will end up smacking myself in the head and getting back with it!!!! You can do it!!! Good luck with the meeting
Frog- I crack up at the "fur child" thing everytime i read it! Keep up the great work with the excersise! I think i am going to forget about shrinking and i am thinking summer!! Little kaki shorts!??
catsrule-Good Luck you can do it!!!!!
sasahm- I live in Mass!!!!!!! Not in Boston, but the same state!! Good luck with the move! What great motivation to lose this wieght!!!! I know you will do it! make sure your taking some before pictures to show people and remind them who you where! LOL If you never had four seasons you will love it!!! Right no i don't Love the snow but for "newbies" its fun!
Hi to all the newbies!!!! We are here to help-Just ask your questions no question is stupid!!!! sometime when we read something we don't all get it the same way! I actually think this WOE (way of eating) is easy and you will be shocked that you don't crave carbs, and the sugar will be a thing of the past!!!!! I had alot more to say but forgot! talk to you all soon!

Old 01-30-2001, 07:27 PM   #23  
***ORANGE CHICK***

GOOD MORNING,

Hope everyone is warm and dry where it's snowing....and something tells me the cold weather is gone from FLA...It's humid this morning and I can smell rain in the air!

BEACH...as my cousin would say Maybe you will just be "all swolled up" from the sodium and not pounds from the fat content!

GRACE...try GOOD EARTH brand...it has lemongrass in it and it's GREAT..I don't even put any sweetner in it...

WELCOME ANN...GEORGIA...HMMMMMMMMM are you a
BULLDOG FAN????

SASAHM...OH HOW I ENVY YOU....think of all the neat history you will see. That area is part of my "dream vacation"...I love history, and you have so much within driving distance.....we will expect reports daily on what you see!

WELCOME KAPOLA, DONNA AND EBABE...get settled in, pull up a chair and click on...we love to talk here!!!

GOTTA GET TO WORK....oops.....GATOR...I overlooked you...GOOD MORNING....

OH MY GAWD.....I FORGOT THE SUPER CHICK....
Mornin DEB....

[This message has been edited by BIGORANGEBABEATWORK (edited 01-30-2001).]
Old 01-30-2001, 07:36 PM   #24  

Good morning, Happy Tuesday!!!

So nice to see new faces!!! Welcome!!!

Deb... congratulations to Michael on his midterms!!

Frog... I love your motivational quote today. Changing your WOE can be so difficult at times.... it's so easy to lapse back into the same routine and it's my goal to make this WOE that same ole routine. But it does take discipline.

Ebabe... Sweet potatoes are legal in moderation.... once a week or so.... my family loves them just boiled and mashed with butter and salt/pepper. In fact, my teenage son is requesting them.

Beachfan.... so sorry the whopper enticed you and won! But I know you're back in control!!!!

Missgrace..... an addition to your "try try again" quote could also be "read the directions".... i.e. when you "fail" read the Sugarbusters book again for encouragement and direction!!

Sara.... what fun! Six months in Boston to explore a new city (exercise!) and to come back home a skinny minnie!!! You can share the time with us... I'll look forward to your adventures!!!

Kapola.... you are definitely in the right place for support and encouragement!!

Deb... I was pooped last night too. Fortunately we have Satellite so I got to watch Raymond, but was in bed not long after that (by 7 p.m.).

I goofed this weekend! I bought a loaf of bread from Safeway, marked "sour dough" but it was NOT a true sour dough. I made garlic bread, and ate more than I should have (one piece was more than I should have)..... I had a headache yesterday, and was VERY TIRED.... I also gained a pound. I will NOT be doing that again!!!

I'm off to find something for breakfast and pack my lunch for the day.

Have a truly healthy joyful day!!!!

Hugs,
Connie

Old 01-30-2001, 07:59 PM   #25  

good morning all! I've been reading the site for a few days and finally decided to post. I have been doing SB off and on for over a year. Yes, the "off" part means I gain the weight back. But I really do believe in this woe. After his heart attack (at 52 and 250+ lbs), my dad's dr prescribed SB as the best way to lose weight. So far, he's lost 20 lbs in 3 months and wants to lose another 20-30. Also, all of his cholesterol, Bp, etc. numbers were "excellent" In heart patients, the "good" cholesterol is what matters and dad had excellent numbers there, too. So, with my dad to guide me (when I thought I was the one who was the good example) I'm trying to start SB again. I have about 20 lbs to lose and then I'll reevaluate my goal. I'll post my bio on the other thread. Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Bee
Old 01-30-2001, 09:07 PM   #26  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Mornin' Again!

Got my 4.5 miles in, foot hurt a bit, but once I get going I didn't feel it too much. I'm hoping it's nothing, but it feels like a dull pain, as it did for a few years after I broke it (what a story, a very overweight 7mo pregnant me with a cast on her leg when I was pregnant with Michael-broke my foot in Mexico ) Anyhow, I actually made an appointment for the regular Dr. for this Thursday - can you believe it, me, going to the Dr.?!?! Next stop GYN, need to call there today and schedule an appt and a boobie smashing - over 1 1/2 years since I was suppose to go and the time just keeps going by me.

I have a ton of things to do today, but of course, board is the first priority on my list today

NEWBIES if you haven't visited our BIO BOARD yet, please do. We'd love for you to post your bio so we can learn more about you, and vice-versa. The link is below, just click on it:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000082.html

CATHY, WELCOME TO THE BOARD! Glad you have decided to join us. You're sure to find a load of support and friendship among the gals that are a vital part of this board. As others have said, please let us know how we can help you. You have picked a very healthy WOE to follow and we'll be happy to help you follow it and reach your goal. Don't hesitate to ask us any questions.

FROG, loved those motivational quotes, esp. the second one. LOL! Thanks for pointing out my little typo there. Nope, it's a pain in my foot, you get pain when you eat my food!! " It's on the right side of my right food, like I said before, I broke it 15yrs ago, a Jones fracture is what I remember it being called. I am really proud of Michael, actually both kids, but Michael really is something else. I know this kid will go far in his future - I'll start praying soon for scholarships even though he's just a Freshman, have to start praying early!!!

EBABE, WELCOME TO THE BOARD! I'm sure you will find all the support and friendship you could hope for on this board. Sweet potatoes, as mentioned, are fine. I rarely make them at home, but when I go out for dinner, quite a few places, like Outback, have them in place of white potatoes, so I order them plain. I usually eat 1/2 of a fair sized one, give or take a bit. I don't remember seeing anywhere that there is a limit on how much you can eat a week, but I would say you need to watch your serving size, so maybe a small one, or 1/2 a large one would be a serving, keeping in mind you should limit startchy carbs to 2-3 servings a day. One thing that is nice about SB is that you can modify it to fit you. If you don't have any problems with SP go ahead and eat them in moderation as you like, but if you see that it's having an effect on your losses, cut back or cut them out-each of us is so different and we react to foods differently ie, we aren't suppose to eat bananas, yet BEACHFAN has made goal while eating bananas. Don't hesitate to ask us any questions until your books arrive, and even then, you're bound to have some questions-this is truly a learning experience, and 10 months later, I'm still learning!!!

BEACH, great quote, and oh so true! Sorry to hear things are so hectic lately. Anna, I wouldn't worry so much about that one meal you ate, it won't make a difference in staying at goal, just maybe how you felt after eating it. Those mozz. sticks sound yummy! I thought about making some SB legal jalapeno poppers and mozz sticks long ago, now you just gave me the idea again. I had wondered what happened to you with the board, sorry to hear you had no electricity, I'm sure JOY can relate to your bad hair day real easily-I know I can! 10 days without electricity (after hurricane Andrew) is really the pits, esp, when that was the time in my life I would blow dry my hair straight!

GATORGAL, congrats on the 3/4lb loss -what's the total lost now???

MISSGRACE, cute saying-one we should all remember! Sorry to hear about the attack of the pizza, hope today is better. Isn't Marston great, just a man with wonderful insight! I love his writings!!!!

AMSER (hope you don't mind me shortening it), WELCOME TO THE BOARD TOO As I've said to all newbies, I'm sure you will be happy in your decision to join the board-great bunch of gals here to help you along the way. You are doing well on SB, don't let a mini stall worry you, it happens, esp. at the beginning as your body adjusts to this WOE. On past diets when I stalled I'd throw in the towel, real quick, but since on SB, I just wait out these stalls and the loss comes! Savannah, such a pretty part of GA!

SAS, wow, that's a big move for 6 months, but I think you will love Boston, so much history there. I've been there once and liked it very much. I liked going to Fenual Hall (I know I'm spelling this wrong), and couldn't believe FILENE'S-geez, the women get undressed right in the middle of the aisles-needless to say, I never tried a thing on in the basement! Being so close to the other states will be fun, everything is so close of a drive, nothing like FL where it takes me almost 7 hours to get out of the state! RHROO lives in MA - maybe you two can meet one day!!!

KAPOLA, A WARM WELCOME TO YOU TO THE BOARD You are doing wonderfully on SB! You've lost the same as I in 1/2 the time-very impressed!!!! Thanks for posting your bio on the BIO BOARD. You definitely came to the right board for support and encouragment!!!

DONNA, so it's a wee bit cold up your way today I see - wish I could send you a bit of our 75 degree weather from the Sunshine State. Your steak and salad combo sounds delish - I love good chunky bleu cheese! I've never tried the Davinci syrups, though I've seen them. Your hubby is right about saving money with the coffe, though I thank G-d that there are those who go to Starbucks-otherwise, poor Eli (my OH) would be without a job It's ridiculous to say the least what they charge for coffee, not to mention their pastries. We have Starbucks coffee coming out of the wazoo in our house and I don't even drink it, nor does Eli when he comes home, he gets enough tastings at work - we are generous at giving it away! Ripping wallpaper is a great exercise, but that doesn't last - so what exercise do you think you'd find that you could do and enjoy?

RHROO, that happens to me a lot, losing posts. I've gotten better since I started writing my posts in an e-mail and then coping it into the post. Like I said to SAS, maybe you 2 can meet one day while she's in MA!!!

BIGORANGE, what's with this hot weather! Not that I liked the really cold weather, but something cool is better than this! Any idea what the weather is suppose to be like this weekend???? I didn't see the shrimp on sale at Publix, but did find the sourdough bread. I placed it back on the shelf twice before I decided to get it, it has hydrogentated soybean oil in it, yuck - bought it anyhow and stuck it in the freezer.

JOY, thanks for Michaels congrats. Smart kid, takes after my side of the family! I love ELR, he is too funny!! Don't worry about the pound, I'm sure it's hormones, a couple slices of bread can't do that to you, at least I hope it can't. I'd love to try to make sourdough bread, don't quite understand this starter stuff though, only made bread once in my life and it was a long, long time ago!!!

BELINDA, anothe warm WELCOME TO THE BOARD message for you as well. As I've said, you'll surely find lots of support and encouragment on this board. It amazes me that so many doctors are smart enough to recommend this WOE to their patients, yet these idiots that keep writing stories about how SB is one of these FAD DIETS obviously don't have a clue of how good this WOE is - they need to ask a smart Dr. I do believe. You know this WOE works from your past experiences, now you just have to get into the groove of working for those 20lbs. You can do it, you know that-and we're happy to help you achieve your goal!!!!

RIZZI, please e-mail me if you see this message. Want to touch base with you and help you post on the board more effectively. Also, we are wondering where in FL you are from.

Okay gals, I am out of here and into the shower. I will have to post my TUESDAY TIP later, it's getting late and I have a ton of stuff to do before 2:30 rolls around to get Michael.

PLEASE REMEMBER, TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!!! Newbies, we post our WIW reports tomorrow, but you can do so at any time. Also, if you'd like, you can also post your numbers below your name, this gives us all an idea of where you started, where you are, and where you are hoping to go!!!

Toodles!

Debbie
194/139.5/129

Old 01-30-2001, 10:27 PM   #27  
***ORANGE CHICK***

JUST A QUESTION....

Why did that old board appear?> It totally confused me, and I realized halfway thru it that "hmmm all this sounds so familiar"

Old 01-30-2001, 10:37 PM   #28  

GOOD TUESDAY MORNING GANG!!!!!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Just read the latest replies since last night. Since I am so new everyone, bear with me until I get familar with the names etc... I don't want anyone to feel I overlook a certain individual or what they have said!!!!!

Well it's been a rainy night in Georgia..... some this morning too, but that's ok. At least it's not freezing - yippee

Ummmmmm....Big Orange, Dawgs are ok. I am not really much into collegiate sports. Now ... GOOO BRAVESSSSSSS !!!!!!! LOL

Thanks all for the warm welcomes.

Superchick, Deb... and all, for that matter, please call me Ann. Yes, Deb, Savannah is filled with so much history, beauty, personality and charm. I plan to wait out those slumps, but keep up all the encouragement. I did check scale this morning, and my slump may be over for now--HOORAY!!!

I know it's tip day, so let's see if this is of use. No more apple pie a la mode, BUT, this is close enough. Slice up apple, place in sautee pan with dab of butter, some splenda, and cinamon. When apples are softened, pour over some delicious SB vanilla ice cream - YUM, YUMMMMMM

Well, I should do some domestic engineering. I shall return, friends.

Ann
Old 01-30-2001, 11:01 PM   #29  

Hello, I am new to this board and WOE, actually I will start tomorrow and grocery shop today for SB. I have the book, and also SugarBust for Life but am at a loss for what to eat for weight loss. In my lurking days I noticed the sample menus in SB are actually maintenence suggestions... so are there any model menus for weight loss. Can I impose on anyone to list some sample menus? I am so excited about this new WOE and "losin" weight. My current stats are 214/199/125 whew that was hard to write. Well, cheers to all and I'll make sure I'm here everyday. thanks. By the way I used to live in Florida and recently located to eastern Pennsylvania and it's cooooooooold here. Take care and be well. PS how does a chicklet become a chick? Hope it's easier than losin weight
Old 01-31-2001, 12:37 AM   #30  

Hi, I'm new to this Board.

Started S.B. after regaining 20 lbs. of a 30 lbs. loss w/ Weight Watchers. I like that program but it always seemed like such a struggle. Happy to say that I've lost 5 of those lbs. and looking forward to losing MORE.

Curious about different peoples experience w/ the time frame that it took to loss weight. I've been following the program but after the initial loss I've been stick at the same weight for 10 days. Not near as hungry, though... Any others have slow starts?

Also, any thoughts the "Potatoes not Prozac" book?

Thanks,

Jan
Closed Thread